saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 15:16:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
and so, here they are.

"you thirsty?"

because it sure is hot out today. isn't it supposed to be autumn? regardless, he extends over a bottle of water, smiling as he does so.

"not sure how long we'll be out here today."

they've found nothing so far. no marks, no signs of anything, just crops as far as the eye can see. but who knows what'll await them? they still have a ton of ground to cover.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 5:48:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"thank you," she murmurs, stepping closer to take the water bottle from his grasp. she flashes a warm smile before her eyes drift toward cornstalks.

there's too much to cover from just the ground, really.

behind her, a flygon watches with, perhaps, an overprotective stare. her tail swishes slightly, careful to not smack the foliage.

"might be quicker to look from above first," she turns toward him, then. "we'll be out here for the whole day otherwise." unless he'd prefer that. who knows?

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 15:16:16 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
"is that a bad thing?"

probably, because they both have lives to live and other things to do. but the thought of spending the entire day with her isn't as bad as it sounds.

he smiles, doing a quick swaperoo before his charizard appears.

"i'll follow your lead."
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 4:25:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the question makes her stop, pause, consider. and then, an almost knowing smile rises. it had, truthfully, been along the lines of something she wanted to hear.

"no," she murmurs. "not at all."

she turns, then, to drift to her flygon. the dragon lets out a soft rumble from deep within its throat, growing louder when she raises a hand and runs fingers along scales. she'll climb onto adyta's back in one fluid motion, a stark contrast from her first time riding a dragon. the memory is still fond.

"ready?" she looks over her shoulder toward him, a wide grin beginning to take hold.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 14:47:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
just like her, he climbs onto his charizard's back in one fluid motion, clearly familiar with this sort of thing. he gives his charizard a good pat on its neck before looking back over at illie.

"ready."

and just before she does, he takes off into the air, spiraling up and up and up.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 4:20:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her grin is wide, bright, warm. she nods once in response and her flygon begins to shift beneath her. and yet, before wings can begin to flap, matias is already off.

he flies up in a spiral and she's fighting off the scowl that wants to rise. how rude.

turns out, her flygon is just a bit competitive. the dragon huffs in irritation and takes off without hesitation. they catch up relatively quickly, adyta being the more agile flier of her two flygons. and when they do, illeana's almost smug when she looks over to matias.

"gonna keep doing spirals or are you gonna look?" she quips with a laugh, wind gently billowing through her hair.

from this height, they could probably see the whole field of crops. she's guiding her flygon a little lower with a gentle tap of her fingers into the dragon's left side. and once they're at a comfortable height, the scientist begins sweeping her gaze across the field below.

of course, knowing her luck, it won't be this easy.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 7:06:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
his charizard is equally competitive, and it's also a bit of a show-off, hence the spirals. when they finally level high up in the air, he's chuckling, peering over at illie atop her flygon as they join them.

"took you long enough to catch up."

smug, just like her.

but his gaze shifts away, sweeping across the fields below. he doesn't see anything out of the ordinary yet, but it's a large field, and they've got a ton of ground to cover.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 20:32:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she rolls her eyes, moving to stick her tongue out at him before getting back to the task at hand.

so far, there's nothing of great importance... ah, wait!

she spots an odd sort of... charred stalks? is that a symbol?

her flygon drifts closer and illeana, despite probably knowing better, leans over the side of her flygon to get a closer look.

unfortunately for all parties involved, the incoming flock of unfezant do not enter her line of sight until it's too late...

her flygon tries to right itself but it does little to help a now falling illeana. the scientist screams as her body plummets, the dragon rushing after her with little arms outstretched.

fucking birds.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2021 16:19:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
goodbye, illeana.

matias turns and leaves.

jk!

"shit—"

charizard immediately tucks its wings in as they dive down, following after her. thankfully, charizard's weight proves to be the difference as they spiral down at a much faster rate.

soon, charizard's closing in on illie, and matias reaches a hand out for her.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2021 4:05:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]simply :sparkles: perish :sparkles:

jk!

his charizard beats her flygon to the punch, pulling ahead of the dragon just as stalks on the ground get closer and closer. she's struggling to not flail now, limbs beginning to grow frantic. god, is she gonna become a pancake?

she sees matias pop into her line of sight first, his charizard and her flygon becoming faces in the background. and when his hand stretches out, she's putting all of her strength into lunging for it.

fingers wrap, lace, and grip a little too tight for comfort, her body now dangling. her flygon rushes to catch up.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 5:19:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
if there's one thing matias learned from watching the amazing spiderman two (spoilers alert), it's to not simply tug her back up. instead, they level into a glide, allowing her flygon to catch up before he lowers her onto her dragon, safe and sound.

a dangerous situation now defused, he grins, looking over at her as they continue flying.

"watch where you're going!"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 5:55:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her hips settle smoothly onto the back of her flygon and a relieved sigh flutters out.

and as they continue flying as if she didn't just almost pancake on the ground, she glances toward him. her grip is now tighter than it was, thighs squeezed to stay put. no more leaning over for illeana. nope, not today.

she rolls her eyes. a grin rises anyway.

"not my fault those birds wanted to kill me."

a pause and she shifts gears, dipping her head in gratitude.

"thank you for not letting me fall, by the way."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 10:38:49 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
"of course."

his head dips in return, but a chuckle soon escapes.

"the paperwork would be horrendous."

he winks, then turns his gaze down to the field below. an odd patch of land exists, and it's there that he tugs his charizard towards.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 0:44:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]right, paperwork. a scoff escapes.

not like her dying wouldn't have sucked or anything?

"insufferable," she mumbles.

his charizard dips and her flygon follows. they drift apart, illeana preferring to gaze from a different angle. she takes the left where he takes the right.

"it looks a little familiar."

the symbol itself itches at her brain and not in a good way. irritation slowly settles between bones until it bleeds into facial structure. whatever piece she's missing from this puzzle, she looks to him to help find.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CIRCLES
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 10:39:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
her dying would more than suck. it'd fucking hurt. which is why the thought, even if it's just a thought, never crosses his mind.

fuck the pain.

"it does."

familiar...but how?

"a symbol of some kind?"