orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 10:53:22 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
He'd taken so much of it for granted before. Now, he hadn't even been able to fly here because he couldn't get a proper grip on his Hydreigon. He'd punched the stable wall so hard that he'd gotten a splinter embedded deep in the side of his hand, and he'd been forced to pull it out with his teeth.

Amazing how much harder life gets when you're missing an arm.

He wishes they would've just killed him.

would come upon the scene of what was once one of the Ranger's finest struggling to wrangle a group of Torchic back into their coop. They were fast, and loud, and really fucking difficult to hold onto with one hand while they wriggled and squirmed.

"Would you— chill out?" His words are a snarl. "I'm trying not to hurt you!"

The Torchic manages to peck him, hard, and he drops it to the ground where it skitters between his legs and away.

"Fuck."

He kicks the fence, which only results in his foot hurting as much as his hand.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 11:08:48 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

The site in front of him was a sad sight to see. Razz had just finished up with the Skwovets to help unclog their cheek pouches when he had come to check to see on how the recovering Ranger was doing. Clearly it wasn't well as he was cursing at the torchic who were giving him a hard time. He knows he was told to help Orion with some basic missions but it seems like the older man wasn't doing himself any favors. [break][break]

Though the scene itself isn't entirely unfamiliar. While their injuries differ by far, Razz had his own up hill struggles adjusting to the lack of depth perception. Maybe he could do this better if he played his cards right?[break][break]

Maybe....[break][break]

Razz whistles for Spice and just like that the Rockruff is by his side. The younger ranger using his rope to tie to a bag as he stabs it and whistles again. And the pup is off, running and leaving a small trail of seed in his wake, enough where it gathered the torchic. All mostly toward the coop. [break][break]

[break][break]

While Spice works on that Razz walks toward Orion, "There are ways to work around such things," he tries to be nice about it, sort of remind the other of basic training with the rangers. While being slightly less direct about the whole arm thing. Hopefully it lands right.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Social

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 11:18:50 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
He should appreciate the help, but—

"You think I don't know that?"

Orion whirls to face with a fire in his eyes that fails to conceal the way they shimmer with unchecked emotions. He gestures sharply with his hand, which bleeds from two places thanks to the earlier splinter.

"I'm gone for a few months and you all forget who I am? I went through basic training years ago."

There's a flash of white as an Absol leaps from the treeline to land nearby, but its red eyes regard Razz without malice or suspicion. Altair recognizes the younger Ranger's intent, even if his trainer doesn't.

"Shouldn't even be on this mission..."

It's grunt work, and he knows it.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 11:38:02 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Razz can't help but tense at the sudden outburst. While he himself knows there are never the same kind of repercussions as he faced as a kid for questioning authority. There is also just the fact that it never leaves. So he takes the anger the other has with only a faint hint of indignation. [break][break]

"Then show it," Razz tells him much to Salem's surprise as he has been with his trainer longest to know that with a superior often Razz is the one backing down. Though as quickly as it's there it leaves and the younger ranger is left biting his lip and clenching his fist at the realization of what he said. [break][break]

"I mean... sorry... I know who you are, I'm just trying to help okay? I can get the struggle and well..." he's not really good with this, "Got to start somewhere right?"

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ mission: milktank

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 11:45:09 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
"I'll just grow my fuckin' arm back while I'm at it, shall I?"

He brings up the elephant in the room with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. He's seen their looks. Heard a few whispers. He's a liability, now. Damaged. Broken. Fragile.

He'd spit at the thought but it shows its truth in the tears that well in his eyes. They're equal parts frustration and sorrow.

apologizes and Orion looks away, glowering into the forest.

"I don't need help."

But he does. He's just too proud to admit it.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 12:05:18 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Why does his attempting to help always feels like it backfires? [break][break]

Everything feels uncomfortably heavy as Orion brings up his arm to which Razz makes sure to avoid looking at. Though admittedly the words of Kanto's old champion can't help but come into mind about wearing your scars with pride. However Razz can't help but feel those might be the wrong words for that. [break][break]

He's silent for a moment, trying to think back on how he was when he was first blinded. Though it was mostly Sabrina who helped him out with tough love so... "Right, because you were able to get the Torchic to listen all on your own right?" Razz simply gestures toward them, and the way his Rockruff was herding them into their coot with the trail of seed. [break][break]

He really hopes this doesn't backfire.

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 12:11:13 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
"Don't mock me!"

Which probably isn't what is trying to do, but it's how it feels to Orion.

"I could've, if you'd left me alone rather than insisting I needed help."

A soft growl rumbles in the Absol's throat but it isn't looking at Razz. It's staring at Orion, pads close and nudges him in the ribs with its horn as if to suggest he knock it off.

Orion just glares; not even Altair can pull him out of this slump.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 12:25:09 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

How did others make this look so simple. Razz bites back a grumble of frustration as he shifts his hand through his hair. "I'm not trying to, I just want you to see that its okay to get help," he continues with his attempts. Seeming to not take this as a loss cause just yet.[break][break]

"You're not the only one disabled here, I get the feeling of both your body and mind wanting to reject that something is gone," Razz holds onto the headband that kept his face covered, "Wanting to pretend that nothing has happened, that you function all the same when the sad fact is that you don't..." [break][break]

"And its hard to accept"

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 12:33:18 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
"There is no way I can pretend that everything is normal."

Tears fall now in earnest, and he swipes at them with his hand and smears blood across his cheek. was right; to kill him would have been a mercy. To live on with this irreparable change was so much worse.

"I'm sick of everyone treating me like a child. I lost my arm, not my braincells. I know I'm different! No one understands that more than me!"

He starts to card his hand through Altair's fur, staining white with his blood.

"If you understood how I felt, you would've asked if I wanted help."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 12:57:23 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"That's exactly what I'm saying you can't," why does he have to be emotionally stunted and just not communicate what he wants. "So stop acting like you can do everything like you use to, adjustments have to be made," he points to Rockruff again, "Using a pokemon for example when you're finding a task too tough, its simple and we learn it in basic training but you're so damn determined to show you can do everything yourself you didn't think to use your partners"[break][break]

"And I'm not treating you like a child, because guess what else was taught in basic fucking training," it seems like holding back was out the window now. He's opened up a personal band aide and that wasn't being covered back up again for a bit, "helping a comrade out." He thinks back to his captain from Sootopolis, and how he and Mila got in trouble because they wouldn't work together right. [break][break]

"Because that's what rangers do apparently, asked or not, but hey you're the senior officer here maybe you should educate me on that?"

[break][break]

+ [break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 23:53:29 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
"How about you stop telling me how to handle my own trauma?"

Despite Altair's best efforts to calm him, Orion's mood turns from bad to worse.

"I am not you. So you're happy to accept help, congratu-fucking-lations. I didn't want help, I definitely didn't ask for help, and if you'd thought to be the least bit considerate about how I feel, maybe you'd have realised that."

He slams his bleeding hand down on a fence post, ignoring the pain that shocks up his arm. It's a reminder that this arm is still there, that it still works, that it's not just the phantom presence of something that'll never be there again.

"Oh, so now you're concerned with rank," he spits. "Maybe should have thought of that before you started patronizing me."

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
relapse [m/aa]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2021 11:13:38 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The younger ranger bites his lip, the way he was raising his voice and the way Orion was raising his own was flipping switches in his head. Especially as it was thrown back in his face about how he mentioned rank. It makes him think back as a kid of any time he dared to raise his voice he'd be shot down. Just like what Orion was doing now, the only difference between then and now was that the berating would also come with a smack. [break][break]

And while he knows that wont come... he thinks that wont come. Because he's paranoid and nothing is ever 100%. Razz starts to shrink some as he is silent only giving a glance over toward Salem as if the cat could give him answers. Though the Meowstic seems to just wave him off, either not having anything to say or there was too much to say in such a short glance. [break][break]

Like back with one of their first missions together where the other snapped, Razz once more submits. "I... didn't mean to patronize sir," he mumbles emphasizing the 'sir' to make sure the other knew he understood their rank difference. Because that's what he's looking for right? Though if he was being honest he didn't even realize he was doing so. "I was just trying to help, but thanks for the reminder I shouldn't bother." [break][break]

Looks like he'll take the loss after all.

[break][break]

+ [break]