Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 2:29:34 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Bundled in a thick coat and a scarf, Elliott shoved his hands into his pockets. What was with this Delibird, being so stubborn to the point it interrupted his day and made him have to act as protection? And at Mount Chimney, no less.

His poke balls rested at his side, his Houndoom and his Ninetails ready to fight. He'd bring his Arcanine, Typhlosion, and Incineroar for back up.

Approaching the bottom of the mountain, Eli spotted his partner.

"Good morning. My name's Elliott. I'll be your partner for today's work."

As far as she would know, he was a model. His public persona would be on full display today.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 3:29:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]a bundled body swivels at an unfamiliar voice. her smile is bright around the fluffy barrier of a plush scarf.

snow falls around them. it peppers pale hair, disappearing among the waves.

"hey!" a gloved hand extends out toward him, fingers slightly shaking from the cold. the rest of her is surprisingly warm. if she had to guess, it's due to the two fluffy fire types sitting on either side of her hips and not the extra layers she threw on. "illeana, it's nice to meet you."

a delibird squawks behind her. once, twice, and the third time is ear piercing. her nose scrunches at the sound.

"it's, uh, been like this since i got here." the smile turns sheepish. it's only been a few minutes but man can that delibird screech. impatient little birb.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 4:20:37 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Elliott takes her hand in his, giving it a firm shake as he was met with a kind greeting. He didn't take notice of her shaking hand. He was quick to return his own back into his pocket for warmth.

"Nice to meet you."

He offered a smile, often a smile he'd give to the camera or to people who approached him in public. Somewhat forced. At least she seemed nice.

However, the incessant squawking was going to drive him crazy. Eli shot a glance at the Delibird, who seemed to give him a glare as it screeched at the top of its lungs.

"We hear you. You can stop screaming. We're going!"

He looked at Illeana again, the look on his face almost tired and screaming dread because of the noisy bird. It started off on its own, leaving the two to follow.

"What's up with that Delibird? It's the stiffest Pokemon I've ever met," he said, following after it.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 6:04:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]giggles escape in little chiming waves. soft at first and then a little louder. the delibird does not take kindly to being yelled at, sure, but she finds it amusing regardless.

the santa birb huffs and stalks away, leaving the duo to wander behind it.

she flashes another smile. this one is almost apologetic, as if the screaming delibird is somehow her fault. it isn't but she still feels a little bad after seeing the look on his face...

"it's an impatient little thing," she sighs. her pokemon rise as she turns and legs begin to move. they're close on her heels, protective and obedient. "i don't believe it understands it doesn't need to deliver all of the presents in one go."

snow slowly begins to fall a little faster now. it's fluffier, heavier as it coats the path. her head tilts up to watch it fall. it reminds her of home, of watching snow constantly fall in snowpoint city. somehow, she misses it a little less now.

and when her attention returns to elliott, the smile lingers.

"at least it stopped screaming finally."

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 14:08:14 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
"It is. Though I suppose it didn't really want our help to begin with. It was just sort of forced to accept our aid."

It was true. He had heard that up until this point, the Delibird had been making the trek alone. But the league had noticed its route to Mount Chimney and requested assistance getting the fellow through.

He chuckled.

"At least he'll get them done, right?"

With the snow falling, Elliott couldn't help but wonder if this was what it was like to live in a city like Circhester. Having lived in Hoenn, he never truly experienced snow since it was very tropical in nature.

"Do you like the snow, Ileanna?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 15:43:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]he has a point.

the delibird is stubborn, sure, but she understands the concept: it’s difficult to accept help sometimes. her eyes dart to the delibird, to the way it stomps along a few feet ahead. her smile is fonder than it was.

”i’m sure it’s grateful for the company in it’s own way,” she murmurs. even if it did murder their eardrums just a bit…

a nod follows and a giggle joins his chuckle, mingling long enough to create a little symphony.

the question is met with the wider curl of lips. she’s all bright and warm, fondness dripping from teeth. snow continues to fall around them. a gloved hand stretches out to reach at the flakes as gravity tugs them down.

”yes, it reminds me of home,” if it sounds faraway, she doesn’t notice. ”what about you, elliott? are you a fan of snow?”

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 3:09:57 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Home, huh?

Elliott couldn't imagine a life like this. Only hot days, heat, sweating. The Hoenn way of life. He wished he had experienced a snow day or two when he was younger. He wondered what he would have done.

"You know, I haven't quite decided yet," he admitted.

His feet were definitely not used to the crunching and occasional slip underneath him as he walked alongside Illeana. Not to mention he wasn't super fond of the cold. But he had to admit, there was a charm to the winter wonderland in front of them.

"I grew up in Rustboro. Hoenn, as you know, never really gets much snow, so this is really a rare sight for me. I think it's fascinating to look at, but it's really... well, it's really cold."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 22:05:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her smile is warm in the face of admittance. no judgement here, really. personally, it almost feels odd to enjoy the cold, the snow, the way it makes everything quiet and still.

"that's okay," she murmurs. he dives into explanation as snow crunches beneath their feet. up ahead, the delibird somehow manages to stay within line of sight while stubbornly stomping further.

hoenn in the winter time was, unfortunately, an adjustment for her. snow doesn't fall as heavily here. it comes in gentle waves whereas snowpoint always has blizzard conditions. it's almost odd to be able to wander normally through the snow without sinking halfway in.

a laugh escapes, then. it's chiming and light.

"it really is cold, huh?" her smile grows in wattage until it's bright and cozy. "too much snow can be a pain in the ass, too. i'm kind of glad hoenn gets less snow."

she pauses for a moment and the admittance is soft. it almost seems to echo against pale snow.

"rarity makes it more special."

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 1:45:24 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
"Where exactly are you from? You mentioned snow reminds you of home."

Elliott saw the Delibird turn, as if to see if they were keeping up with it. It still looked rather upset that it had company, but at least it was content that it was able to work now.

He couldn't help his snort.

"Rustboro isn't really in a spot to get a lot of snow. If we were closer to one of the mountain areas, we may see some. Just isn't our luck."

Not that he minded it much, anyway.

"I can't imagine what it would be like, being entrapped by snow, though. I heard that salts would have to be used on the road to aid in transportation."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 7:57:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]oh, right! her cheeks flush a little despite herself, bright against pale skin.

"snowpoint city," an almost nostalgic smile rises. "i haven't seen another city get snow quite like back home." sometimes, she wishes hoenn had the same climate but snowpoint is special. tucked into the side of mount coronet with towering evergreen trees and fluffy white snow as far as the eye can see... there's nowhere else like it.

the delibird turns, stares at them over its shoulder, and resumes wandering. her smile is warm even after its eyes have left.

she had never witnessed rustboro in the winter. the chance had slipped from her fingers after a pretty spring and warm summer, dead like leaves in fall. somehow, she doesn't let it displace her smile. cracks in composure stay inside, stay buried, stay dead.

"you never know," the smile turns mildly teasing. "maybe rustboro will see lots of snow this winter." all he has to do is believe and speak it into existence.

her shoulders roll with a lazy shrug. whenever her family had been snowed in, she read a shit ton of books so it never bothered her much.

"luckily, there wasn't many roads in snowpoint so it was mostly just shoveling. either way, clean up after blizzards wasn't fun," an easy laugh escapes. "although, you get pretty used to being stuck inside after a little while."

the delibird squawks up ahead and her head's turning away from him at the sound. is it still upset?

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 4:24:01 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
It made sense to him now, that Ileanna had seen snow and was used to it. Why it made her homesick. It was a nostalgic factor that Elliott never got to experience. Not that he would complain much because the cold was a real bother.

"Perhaps it will. I hope it does snow there, if even a little bit."

He listened intently while she spoke, not seeming to notice when the Delibird squawked ahead of them. He did notice, though, when it turned around and started running back towards them.

"What is he doing-"

Elliott's question is cut off as a wild Abomasnow appeared. It seemed the strange weather phenomena brought out the icy creature from the depths of the snow, roaring as it spotted the group approaching.

Reaching for his pokeballs, Eli decided to throw out Helios and Vulcan, his Arcanine and Typhlosion, to handle the creature alongside Ileanna.

"Guess we gotta fight, huh?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 23:48:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"i think this year, it just might," her smile is warm, perhaps warmer than the tone she uses. there's a feeling in her muscles, bones, nuclei that says this is gonna be a rough winter. and maybe she's right... it's hard to tell exactly why however. she chalks it up to additional snow and moves along.

the delibird scrambles back to them, then, and she's shifting to a stop. it hurries to clamor behind them, gripping onto one of her legs. her head tilts curiously, eyes dropping to stare at it.

"what's wrong?"

and as if on cue, a wild and rather angry abomasnow emerges from the tree line. it roars and the delibird hides a little further behind them.

great, now frosty's massive cousin is hauling ass at them.

while elliott summons his team, her own pokemon shift to the front of the group. the ninetales almost looks bored as she stands at attention beside a rather excited flareon.

"i suppose it was wishful thinking to assume this wouldn't entail a fight?" a giggle follows and she steps a little closer to him, the delibird following closely to her legs. best to get out of the way while she can... last thing she wants is ending up on her ass in front of her partner.

the abomasnow roars once more, the beginning of a blizzard slowly starting to whip up around them.

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 17:30:20 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
As if he wasn't already cold enough, the Abomasnow decided to create a BLIZZARD in its wake. Elliott raised a hand to shield some of the snow from hitting him in his eyes so he could see the battle ahead of them.

Even though the target in front of them was dangerous, it should be easy enough to handle with both of the fire-type teams.

"It shouldn't take too much to handle it," he said above the snow to Illeana.

Elliott commanded Helios to use EMBER, while Vulcan used FLAME CHARGE on the Abomasnow. He was just praying that neither of them froze in this blizzard.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 23:47:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]a nod of agreement follows his statement. it's half obscured by the whipping winds of blizzard but she pipes up a moment later, voice loud enough to carry.

"we got this," she affirms. with four fire types, it shouldn't be too difficult.

his team begins to shift into action and she's glancing toward her own pokemon. the silver ninetales looks miffed as all hell over this, as if snow coating her fur is not how she wanted to spend the day. the flareon, however, is almost a little too excited. cuties.

"overheat, ember," she murmurs. the fox reacts first, shifting into an offensive stance. heat radiates until snow is beginning to melt beneath her paws and a scorching overheat launches from her open maw toward the abomasnow. the flareon beside her joins in with her own attack, adding an ember into their fire assault.

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
delibird trackers [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 3:42:28 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
The Abomasnow roared as the fire came whirling toward it. Of course, several hits was all it seemed to take to get it to disappear.

Take that for it being an ice and grass-type.

Elliott smirked before exchanging a look with his partner.

"Easy enough, yeah? Hopefully that'll be the only one we run into, though we're in good shape if we find more."

He liked her confidence. It was fitting.