Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 3:04:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The roar of the bullpen was deafening on this particular early morning. The news never slept and apparently Barnaby didn't either. Looking across the raucous workspace, he could be found at its head, sitting alone at an empty conference table. Currently, he was reading through a script on his laptop and nursing a massive caffeinated beverage. Was it coffee? Tea? Red bull with a shot of vodka? Who knew, but it was currently the only thing keeping him productive at this point.

"Who the hell edited this?" Barnaby mused quietly to himself, folding his hands together and leaning forward in concentration. As he continued to read, interns whizzed by carrying huge stacks of paper, stagehands rushed to assemble the morning's sets (one featuring a giant styrofoam POKEBALL), and editors crowded the space in between. In general, there was so much commotion on a daily basis that Barnaby had become numb to it.

That was, until, a certain other journalist walking nearby caught his attention.

"Good morning, Percy." Leaning back in his chair, Barnaby regarded his coworker with his usual shining smile.
close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
I always wondered how far we could go
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2021 22:25:39 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Mornings have never agreed with Percy, and yet they’re so very often the busiest time of his day. There’s no such thing as the lethargy of the early hours at HNN’s headquarters, after all, especially not when interns run around as if desperate to prove themselves.
[break][break]
Just looking at them is exhausting, and even more exhausting is trying to avoid running into any of them while checking his emails on his phone and holding a precious HNN-branded warm mug of perfectly steeped black tea (for of course Percy doesn’t drink coffee).
[break][break]
It’s a masterful act of maneuvering that is done in the most aloof and seemingly disinterested manner. One that he’s distracted from when the screen of his phone flickers strangely for a passing moment – a 'blink and you miss' it sort of thing.
[break][break]
What was that?
[break][break]
Did he imagine it?
[break][break]
A familiar voice calls to him, and his attention is stolen away from such questions. By , of all people. Ugh.
[break][break]
Finch. Good morning.” Eyes as if grey clouds of looming storms fall upon the Kalosian, and then upon the laptop beside him. This screen also flickers, something red and blue rushing through it before it returns to displaying a script. At the sight, Percy frowns just so slightly, a question being raised where there would usually be coldhearted wit:
[break][break]
”...Is something wrong with your laptop?”

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #7ea38f; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #7ea38f!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7ea38f; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #7ea38f!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7ea38f; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7ea38f; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 16:34:50 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Hm? No, I don’t believe so—

Music of the most obnoxious kind exploded from his laptop’s speakers. Barnaby jolted back in his chair and the office seemed to collectively jump up in surprise. Everyone turned to the back of the room, eyeing the pair of journalists as if they were crazy. Some even covered their ears to emphasize their discomfort.

My apologies!” Barnaby blubbered as he grabbed frantically at his computer to try to stop the noise. However, despite hitting all the usual buttons, the music continued to blare out. “What in the—

And then it happened. Dozens of images of PORYGON2 filled the laptop’s screen, obscuring the script that Barnaby had been reading. For comical effect (although this wasn’t funny in the least to Barnaby), the little PORYGON2s’ all had on mini-DJ headphones and were bobbing their bodies along with the music. If that wasn’t enough of an insult, the journalist could see that in the background his script was being corrupted. Words were being distorted and entire paragraphs wiped from the document.

He tried everything he could think of to close out of the word processor or even just shut down the laptop completely, but again, none of the usual prompts were working. Finally, Barnaby just slammed the top panel closed. Mercifully, there was silence.

Merde! Did you see that, Munn?
close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 22:38:04 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

As if to join in on the collective discomfort expressed by their colleagues, Percy grimaces when hearing the obnoxious sounds coming out of Barnaby’s laptop.
[break][break]
”What the hell? Make it stop.”
[break][break]
Of course, the Kalosian doesn’t need him to say as much in order to attempt to do just that as if in a panic, but all of his frantic efforts are rendered fruitless, for pure chaos seems to now be in control of the device. Pure chaos in the form of Porygon 2 that soon appear upon his screen, apparently taking it upon themselves to corrupt files.
[break][break]
It’s only then that Percy remembers the way his own phone’s screen flickered strangely a moment ago, and bringing it out again, he’s greeted by an all too similar sight.
[break][break]
”Shit…” It’s rare for him to swear, but he sure does this time, setting his mug on the table as he stares at the Porygon bobbing back and forth as if it were within his phone. Wouldn’t that disturb the Rotom? Apparently so, because the screen soon turns off.
[break][break]
”If it’s your laptop and my phone… Think it’s our servers. Aren’t those downstairs?”

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #7ea38f; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #7ea38f!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7ea38f; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #7ea38f!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7ea38f; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7ea38f; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7ea38f; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 0:52:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Well didn't this put a damper on the morning? A damn technological invasion.

It didn't take long for the uproar to begin: employees across the bullpen uttered out in shocked surprise... which quickly devolved into rapt chaos. Their computers, filming equipment, anything even remotely attached to the company's Wi-Fi - had all been infiltrated.

The news never stopped, but when the news outlet did... well, they were losing money. If this situation wasn't solved swiftly, they'd be out a substantial amount.

Barnaby heaved a laborious sigh.

"Yes. In the basement."

Pushing his rolling chair away from the desk, the journalist got to his feet and began striding toward the stairway. Not the elevator, for obvious reasons. His signature pink and lavender-checkered coat billowed behind him as he walked.

"Come along, Munn. Let's solve this quickly and get back to work."

Were they truly equipped to handle this situation, though? Should they enlist the help of an IT professional? Or, like, a Pokémon Ranger or something?

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 4:45:39 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Shouldn’t they contact someone who knows more about these things? The IT department or something? That would probably be a wise move, but it’s also all too likely that whoever they contact would take some time to make it here, and even more to deal with the Porygon attacking their server.
[break][break]
At a place like HNN, no time is to be wasted.
[break][break]
Especially not during the earliest hours of the day.
[break][break]
So, for once, it seems as if he and are in agreement.
[break][break]
”Alright.”
[break][break]
That’s all he needs to say, joining his fellow journalist on the way to the stairs, and once on the way down, he reaches for a pokéball, from it releasing his trusted Rotom. If anything can deal with an attack on their servers, surely it’d be Wisp since it can also access them with ease.
[break][break]
”My Rotom can probably lure the Porygon out.”
[break][break]
From there on, the rest is on them.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 20:50:05 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Good call." He gave the compliment begrudgingly, but it was deserved. Barnaby definitely didn't have a Pokémon like ROTOM that could invade electronics in a similar way to PORYGON. So, having Percy around was actually beneficial. Who would have thought?

The echo of descending footsteps filled the small stairwell as they made their way into the belly of HNN.

"Once the Porygon have materialized, I have a few Fighting-types that should be able to take care of them."

Smack the PORYGON around a little, enough so that the journalists could get them into Poké Balls and be done with this technological fiasco.

Soon enough they reached the basement, which was surprisingly well-lit by rows of incandescent tube lighting. Off a main hallway were several doors, likely leading to rooms which housed HNN's many servers.

Glancing over to Percy, Barnaby asked in a stiff voice, "Ready? We can take one room at a time."

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 13:37:17 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Despite the fact that their job has absolutely nothing to do with combat situations, more than a couple of Percy’s pokémon are trained for battle. It makes sense, considering his past, but of course, that’s something he cares little for talking about. In fact, he’d gladly let handle the actual combat portion of this sudden plan they had just come up with.
[break][break]
”Sounds good. Wisp, can you access the servers?”
[break][break]
The Rotom zaps around excitedly, as if it were saying it’s ready to do whatever is asked of it, and that may just be true, considering that it’s the one pokémon that always helps Percy with his work.
[break][break]
Although, isn’t searching through data and possessing drones much different from luring Porygon out of the digital world where they often dwell? Surely Wisp can figure it out, no? Whatever the case, the Rotom is ready and heading for the first server room, so here’s to hoping is too.
[break][break]
”Do you think it’s a targeted attack or that the Porygon escaped from somewhere?”
[break][break]
The question comes as they wait, both options being likely given where they work. But, apparently there’s not much time to discuss such things, because Wisp is efficient as ever, and soon enough, it’s with a flash of light that a Porygon appears before them.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 21:50:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
As the ROTOM shot off into the first room, Barnaby mulled over his coworker's question with an unbothered expression on his face.

Hard to tell. We’ll know more once this is taken care of.” He responded flatly, glancing Percy's way before returning his attention to the servers.

By then there might be more information available. If they escaped, there’s likely to be a notice sent out saying as much.

As the last word left his lips a flash of light appeared before them, revealing a mischievous PORYGON-2. Barnaby had already decided which of his Pokémon would be used for this task and, with a casual flick of his wrist, a HAKAMO-O and HITMONLEE entered the room.

It was an easy matter thereafter. Systematically, the pair of journalists cleared out each room, weaseling the PORYGON and PORYGON-2 out of the servers one by one and capturing them accordingly. ROTOM providing the opportunity, HAKAMO-O and HITMONLEE the brawn needed to subdue the Virtual Pokémon.

Finally, the last and largest of the rooms loomed at the end of the hallway. Emboldened by their success thus far, Barnaby passed through the door with far too much confidence. What greeted him was not only several rows of servers, but also walls lined with television screens. On those screens the image of a PORYGON-Z zipped around frantically, stopping only when it noticed the two humans by the door.

That was when the overhead speakers came into play. Suddenly, ear-splitting sounds erupted into the room, causing Barnaby to clasp his hands over his ears in pain. Pixelated "HAHAS" and "GOT YOU LOSERS" began scrolling across the screens.

"PERCY." Barnaby managed to yell above the uproar. "DO. SOMETHING. NOW."

close tab

played by

Azul

Percy
He/Him
September 21st
Ecruteak City, Johto
Bisexual
HNN Journalist
Civilian
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @percival
Percival Munn
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 3:23:22 GMT
Percival Munn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Well, that’s a rather unnecessary display.
[break][break]
It had all gone well until reaching the last server room. Wisp had lured the Porygon out, Barnaby’s pokémon had beaten them up, there hadn’t been any real issue, and they had actually made a good team for once. So far, so good, but apparently this last Porygon-Z decided it wanted to make them pay for ruining the fun its friends were having.
[break][break]
Honestly, the noise is painfully loud, but believing he can yell commands at him is perhaps even more annoying. So much so that, when reaching up to cover his ears, Percy spares a second to glare at his colleague.
[break][break]
”WHY DON’T YOU DO SOMETHING?”
[break][break]
He doesn’t wait for a response. With a gesture, Wisp is sent forward to lure out the Porygon-Z, and from a pokéball, a Sableye is then released.
[break][break]
Unseen, hanging from a necklace that lies beneath the journalist’s suit, there’s a keystone that resonates with the mega stone at the Sableye’s wrist, causing it to MEGA EVOLVE. It’s MAGIC BOUNCE that protects the Darkness Pokémon against all attempts at indirectly harming it, and powerful attacks deal with the Porygon-Z with ease. Is it overkill? Maybe so, but Percy has had it with all this.
[break][break]
With the Porygon-Z defeated, the noise finally stops, and Percy stands ever so composed – his gaze wandering over the servers in search for any obvious damage. It’s only once he confirms that there’s none that he addresses the Sableye, of course:
[break][break]
”Good work, Jouyl.” Smiling at the praise, the pokémon returns to its original form before being called back, and Percy brushes non-existent dust off his jacket before turning his attention to Barnaby.
[break][break]
”You can have the Porygon if you want. You’d probably have more use for it than me.”
[break][break]
And with that said, he turns to leave the server rooms and get back to work, Wisp following dutifully after him. Enough time has been wasted with this.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Porygon Panic [M]
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 4:59:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: