reverse [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 4:19:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
They were here!

Evelyn got the message from Remi that the Slowking that she had been waiting for were finally there, in the East Wing of Rocket's sub. Ready for testing.

It was like Christmas came early.

She practically ran to the room, almost knocking over a few other Rockets along the way in her excitement. When she reached the door, she flung it open, looking like a mad woman.

"They're here! They're here, they're here, oh my god!" she squealed, grabbing her lab coat from the hook it hung from and running to the table where the Poke balls were sitting.

"Remi... you've really done it this time. This will be fucking fantastic!"

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 3:51:21 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Honestly, Evelyn's excitement never ceases to amaze her. She runs into the room like a child spoiled rotten for Christmas. Her eyes light up, her voice carries, and her feet pound against the submarine floor-- she tries not to think about how they're hundreds of feet below the surface of the water and it had taken her hours to get here.

Sometimes she really wished they'd meet on dry land. Just once.

Remi repositions one of the pokeballs just because she can- that and because she likes to be seen handling them. It makes Eve's excitement and her compliments and her attention all the more sweet. Is she an attention-seeker? Abso-fuckin-lutely.

"Y'know, I work really hard to bring you the good shit."

Despite the heat in her tone that might suggest she's being a dick, the playful smirk on her face says otherwise. Remi inclines her head, leans her hip against the desk, and watches the woman with amusement.
@evelyn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 2:03:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"And you'll be greatly rewarded. But, you gotta help me do this first," she insisted.

[break][break]

Might as well trap her in there while she could. She didn't promise pay immediately, now, did she?

[break][break]

As if she knew exactly what she was doing, Evelyn offered Remi an innocent smile. Her hand reached out to snatch up the one Poke ball that she wasn't touching, rolling it between her fingers.

[break][break]

"Alright. There's a devolution stone in there. If you will please hand it over to me."

[break][break]

Evelyn tossed the ball, releasing a Slowking. It seemed confused, since it was not where it had been before. And the ground beneath its feet was metallic.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#99CCB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 16:53:39 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
I have to do... what now?

Momentarily, Remi's expression of relaxed amusement slips into something irritable and exhausted. She'd really much rather get paid and leave the lady to her erratic excitement in peace. Not that she wasn't mildly curious as to what her deal was with the Slowpoke and Slowking and whatnot, but..

The woman directs her attention to what she calls a devolution stone, and requests she bring it over. In a flash of light, a Slowking appears, claws clicking against the metal floor. Remi snatches up the stone, tossing it up and down in her hand before handing it over to Evelyn.

"If you've got some weird kinks, lady, I'm afraid I'm probably not interested."
@evelyn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 0:58:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

The stone was handed over. Evelyn hummed her approval, getting ready to work. She was singing to herself as she got the poor creature ready to devolve.

[break][break]

"What? You think I'd pull you into my fantasies? Remi, you're gorgeous, but women aren't my cup of tea, unfortunately."

[break][break]

She chuckled before applying the stone. It began to work its magic, devolving the Slowking. Evelyn was practically bouncing on her toes as she waited.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 20:24:59 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
This woman was so strange.

But Remi humors her by sticking around - well that and she'd like to get paid. Why was she even still here, anyway? Was what she was doing dangerous, or something, and Remi was the brawn?

'Cause she certainly wasn't the brains, here.

"Shame."[b/]

Being turned down didn't bother her even a little bit. She turns her attention back over to the stone and the Pokemon, and her eyes widen in surprise as the Slowking undergoes what looks like an evolution-- only for there to be a younger version of a Pokemon in it's place, and without a crown.

"What's the point?"
@evelyn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 23:48:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

It devolved back into a Slowpoke, the Galarian telltale sign of yellow on its head instead of the shell on its head. The Shellder had separated as well, both of them simple single-types instead of the duo poison-type that had stood before them.

[break][break]

She had read that the Shellder had taken control of the Slowking in Galar. She wondered if that's indeed what made them toxic after all. Interesting.

[break][break]

"You see how they've reverted back to single types? I'm sure if I dissected them both, I wouldn't be able to find something that caused the Slowpoke to become a poison-type. However, when it's bound with the Shellder..."

[break][break]

Evelyn takes the second ball, revealing the second Galarian Slowking. The Shellder was still attached, leeched to the Slowpoke's head as they formed the unit that was the Slowking.

[break][break]

"Somewhere in their evolution together when they develop this symbiotic relationship, the Shellder releases venom into the Slowpoke's brain. It's almost as if it controls it. However, it makes it smarter, not just a walking zombie. I want to know where that poison is, and I want to know if it could be used on people as well."

[break][break]

Evelyn turned her yellow gaze to Remi.

[break][break]

"You following me now?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 20:27:19 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Before her very eyes, a Slowking had devolved all the way back to its beginning stage, with even the Shellder falling off of its tail. It clatters to the floor and sits there, shell agape.

Remi glances at the woman briefly, more than a little bit weirded out by the whole situation. Just what was she up to?

"I thought you were a nurse, not a scientist? Shouldn't you maybe leave this sort of experimenting to the bigwigs up top?"

Evelyn releases another Slowking and Remi crosses her arms over her chest, trying to parse what, exactly, the woman was trying to say. It takes her far too long, admittedly, but when she does, her brows shoot up and she stares blankly.

"You want to.. control people? With this poison? You're not serious, are you?"
@evelyn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 22:22:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

It was a common mistake that people thought she was just a nurse. But, it wasn't like Evelyn advertised that she was an enthusiast in the poison world. She chuckled, shrugging.

[break][break]

"I dabble in other fields besides nursing. Heal by day, experiment by night. Everything is for a purpose, and for Rocket's perseverance. Isn't that what your work is for too?"

[break][break]

It seemed like a subtle challenge.

[break][break]

"Besides, it's known that I help in the labs when I have the time to. It's not like I'm operating in secret. My discoveries will go reported to the head scientists. I'm not hiding anything, Remi darling."

[break][break]

Then Evelyn's idea seemed to click in her head. Well, some of it. She hummed, shrugging her shoulders as she caught the Galarian Slowking back in its Poke ball. The Slowpoke and Shellder remained out in the open, ever confused why they were there.

[break][break]

Perhaps she'd just give them back to Remi to take to the Black Market.

[break][break]

"Sort of. It's more for the interest in gathering intel. A sort of method of interrogation, if you will. That perhaps if this poison works, the subject may answer the questions we ask and cooperate with us. Hell, perhaps former Rocket captees can be used to take risky missions to avoid the League taking our own. Who knows how it could be used."

[break][break]

There were so many things she could try. However...

[break][break]

"We just don't know the viability. It has to be experimented on. And traitors are the best test subjects."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 21:24:35 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
"Clearly."

Remi's interest is piqued just as much as it is fraught with worry that she might be Evelyn's next experiment. But she does turn the question around on her, prompting the woman to point at herself in confusion.

"I mean.. sure. Gooo Rocket!"

She raises her imaginary pompoms in a weak display of solidarity, offering a sarcastic smile. Remi had always been a cowardly, selfish person. Working for Rocket had been borne of greed and necessity. They paid well, really well. But so far, the loyalty she offered to them had not been quite the same in return from them. Some people in Rocket were real dickheads.

But maybe there was some room for change - for her and for them.

"Yeah, see. I don't really hang around the labs. Gavin's cute and all but, sciency shit really isn't my thing."

And frankly, if Evelyn was hiding something, Remi didn't care not worry about it. That was her business, not Remi's. Just as long as her business didn't include Remi via experimentation and mind-control.

"Yeah.. wow. It's almost like you guys want Rocket to look like the bad guys."

Coercion, interrogation, forced cooperation. Something about the League and Rocket captees. Yeah, it all sounded totally crazy, but crazy was sort of up her alley. Crazy paid well.

"Hey, whatever, lady. As long as you aren't looking at me with those poison manipulation ideas, go off."
@evelyn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 1:45:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evelyn isn't able to help but laugh at Remi. She clearly had no problem showing some sort of nonchalant nature toward Rocket.

[break][break]

She liked that about her. It was nice. Refreshing.

[break][break]

"I don't particularly care how you feel or not. You don't have to 'hail Rocket' around me."

[break][break]

Perhaps she had said it before just to tease her earlier.

[break][break]

Evelyn paused, considering what she said before speaking.

[break][break]

"Well, aren't we the bad guys? In a sense, at least? All the gangs, the black market, everything illegal... Rocket has a hand in it. Why not just admit it?"

[break][break]

Evelyn didn't mind. It wasn't like she had any place to defend herself. She had no loyalty to the League. They did nothing to help her when he had died. That's why she had sought , after all.

[break][break]

"You've been quite helpful. I wouldn't use my gathered research on you. Not unless you force my hand."

[break][break]

Evelyn smiled sweetly at Remi.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 17:49:53 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Laughing and being laughed at are two very different situations-- fortunately, Evelyn's giggling doesn't appear to be malicious in the same manner own might. That, too, was refreshing in it's own right.

"I haven't been around the block long enough to know how much 'hail' Rocket deserves outta me."

Remi raises a brow and chuckles low in her throat.

"Do we have to be? Is that really the image you wanna paint for yourself? Sure, I run with gangs, I control the stock of the black market, I dip my fingers in illegal shit-- but that doesn't mean I'm the bad guy. 'Cuz if that's what makes a bad guy, you'd piss your pants at how many exist within the League."

Good people sometimes do bad things. Call it survival, call it selfishness, call it pride. Whatever the case, Remi didn't consider herself a bad guy, just a guy doing her best to get shit done.

"Y'know, for not liking women, you sure do have a way with words, love."

And with her sickeningly sweet smile.
@evelyn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 18:16:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evelyn had to admit... Remi had a point. Perhaps, in Evelyn's eyes, the world was very black and white since he died. That people only saw good and bad.

[break][break]

Perhaps Remi was convincing her otherwise, after all this time believing that she could only be seen as a good woman with an evil interior.

[break][break]

"You know, Remi, I never allowed myself to think of things like that."

[break][break]

She put away the Pokemon into their respective balls, setting them aside for later use. She'd rather focus her attention on the woman next to her than continue her experiment, which was saying something for Evelyn.

[break][break]

"My fiancé, he was assassinated in Kanto because of political tension. Rocket was not involved. The League never stepped in. So, I only saw things in two ways. I didn't let myself see what was lying in the middle."

[break][break]

She turned to press her back against the table, leaning back as she propped her elbows to hold her up. A sigh left her lips.

[break][break]

"So thank you for illuminating this for me."

[break][break]

A genuine smile crossed her lips as she looked over at Remi. Sweet, kind. Tired... everything Evelyn felt but hid away because she felt like she needed to.

[break][break]

"Oh? I do? Do they entrance you, Miss Cassel?" she asked, unable to help a sly smirk from replacing the smile on her mouth.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 21:44:49 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
"Not a lot of people do."

The Pokemon are returned to their pokeballs and Evelyn's full attention is on her. It certainly does not help Remi's growing intrigue and devilish grin. Though it does falter, admittedly, at the admittance of a fiance. Her brows crease briefly, unsure what to say for the first time in a hot minute.

But she has empathy, she supposes, and recognizes that flash of pain across the woman's face.

"Political tension?"

Was that what had happened to Roman? Rocket had already made it abundantly clear they had no part in his murder. They had hardly known anything about it at all when she'd busted down their doors looking for answers. Perhaps she and Evelyn had more in common than she thought.

"My brother was murdered here in Hoenn and no one has done anything about it, either. I'm.. not even sure what happened."

Remi swallows, the topic difficult to digest. But she catches the other woman's genuine smile and the way her eyes linger. It's harmless, she knows, but the window of opportunity is right there to take a bite.

A sly smirk grows and her coy tone draws her in. Their expressions match and Remi squints, amused.

"They do, Miss Lyons."
@evelyn
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
reverse [m]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 5:36:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evelyn nodded, confirming her question. Though, she wondered why she was curious enough to reiterate it.

[break][break]

However, as she opened herself up to Evelyn, it began to make a little bit more sense. At least from the inferences that she was making. Tilting her head, her lips drew in a small frown.

[break][break]

"I'm sorry. I hardly know what happened to my fiancé either. I suppose we're both searching for answers in our own ways then..."

[break][break]

Only poison was the known murder weapon. Nothing more. It was a cold case, as far as anyone in the League went about it.

[break][break]

Allowing the moment of grief to pass, Evelyn chuckled as Remi played along with her. She was an interesting one, beautiful and intimidating. The woman couldn't help but grow a bit curious.

[break][break]

"If I let you woo me, would you be so kind and gentle to me?" she asked, tilting her head and giving her an innocent look.

[break][break]