troglodyte [m/ww]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 19:23:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

There was word of an artifact hidden deep in the Shoal Cave, waiting to be found and claimed by greedy hands.

[break][break]Evelyn was one of those individuals hunting down the artifact. But the Shoal Cave also promised the potential nocturnal Pokemon, like Zubats or Golbats. Even though the area was known for its ice and ground-type spawns, she was somewhat determined to see if she could find one of the flying, poisonous creatures around.

[break][break]And if she found that artifact? Well, she'd be damned.

[break][break]Her breath came out as smoke-like puffs as she hiked further into the cave, looking around in the dimness. She shivered beneath her coat, her gloved hand barely shaking as she held a flashlight to investigate. Why did it have to be so damn cold?

[break][break]A skittering of the rocks made her freeze, Evelyn quickly whirling around. She suddenly felt like she was not alone, and her paranoia began to spike.

[break][break]"Show yourself."

[break][break]While her voice may seem calm and domineering, Evelyn's stomach was churning on the inside.

[break][break]

+ open mission - a brumal bounty

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#99CCB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
Pain makes you stronger, heartbreak makes you wiser, and fear makes you braver
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 22:26:37 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Oliver packed for the unusually cold cave. He didn't know why a ranger was sent in instead of an archeologist or even a team mixed in with both. The young ranger wore khakis and a thick coat, plus gloves and a hat, his arm band easily visible on his right arm. He was supposed to search a path for some sort of artifact. With him was his Shieldon walking beside him, and his Dragonite, walking behind him. He was also to keep an eye out for Team Rocket. Joy. Oliver liked putting them in their place, but he really didn't want to take them on in here. Lantern in hand, he almost slipped on some icy rocks.

And someone nearby heard them, and demanded that he showed himself. Whoever it was, she seemed calm, but also ready for a fight. Stepping out from around the corner, he flashed his lantern over her, then where she probably came from. A different tunnel. Damn place was like a maze. "Relax. I'm not here for a fight. Just looking around." His lantern was set at a low light as to disturb the Pokemon around them as little as possible. His Shieldon just looked at the woman as it took position in front of their trainer. Dragonite would barely be visible behind him, like an intimidating specter just saying "try anything, and I'll own you." Naturally, the dragon wouldn't move unless Ollie commanded it.

@evelyn

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 1:55:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

The voice that answered her didn't bring much comfort. Perhaps it was also because Evelyn couldn't see the figure clearly from the darkness and the light from his lantern battling her own light.

[break][break]

So she shut hers off in order to see who stood there.

[break][break]

The man seemed calm enough, though his Pokemon were in a stance to protect him in case she decided to attack.

[break][break]

Luckily enough, her own Pokemon had been sent ahead to scout, though they weren't so far as to leave her completely debilitated if a fight did break out. So, she raised up her hands.

[break][break]

"I didn't expect company down this area. My apologies. You startled me," she said bluntly, her hands lowering so she could cross her hands protectively over her chest.

[break][break]

"Are you on the hunt for this artifact too?"

[break][break]

She'd put up the persona that she was just another treasure hunter.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 2:18:02 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Oliver smiled kindly. "Sorry about that. Damn place is a maze, multiple tunnels lead to the same place and vice versa. I didn't expect anyone this far down either." The red head left out certain parts. Still, his armband should be visible...though in the low light, who knows. At the mention of an artifact, he grew suspicious. Still, he kept up a kind demeaner. "I am. I take it you haven't had any luck then?" He was under orders to seize it if someone else found it. Preferably peacefully, and he was given a budget should it be necessary. Brute force was an option, but certainly not the ideal one. And unfortunately, he wasn't give some sleeping gas or anything in case he needed it.

So for now, he'd have to bide his time. Giving a tiny look at his Dragonite, the big guy relaxed, and a small tap on Shieldon's back did the same. "Care for some company? I heard Rocket was in the area...might not be a bad idea to team up for now." It was a risk, but a calculated one. In addition, he could hear noises further ahead. He guessed it was her Pokemon. The distance didn't seem that far away. Just far enough to scout, but not so far as to leave her hanging. It took a lot of cave diving experience to get that kind of distance right. While he as happily gay, she didn't know that, so she might have her own reservations too. Still, he would wait for her response.

@evelyn

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 1:36:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evelyn shrugged. She couldn't really blame him. Caves didn't typically seem like place that many people would go into for fun. However, with a promise of a potential reward?

[break][break]

You could bet your ass she'd show up there.

[break][break]

"No luck on my part. I sent my Pokemon ahead to scout ahead, but since they haven't returned yet, I take it they have yet to find something."

[break][break]

It wasn't that she was necessarily interested in the artifact, like he seemed to be. She'd rather come across poison-types that she could utilize in later experiments.

[break][break]

"Rocket in the area? That's unsurprising. I'm sure they'd want to get their hands on something rare like an unknown artifact."

[break][break]

Evelyn didn't deny the company, though. She beckoned him forward, deciding to move forward into the tunnel she had been investigating. Her Gengar and Zoroark came into view.

[break][break]

"My name is Eve. Nice to meet you. These are my Pokemon, Azalea and Nightshade."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 2:35:43 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
She did as he thought. Smart then. Both her demeanor and comment was pretty neutral. And she didn't deny his company, even beckoning him to come closer. So he did. A Gengar and a Zoroark came into view. The latter was a pretty rare Pokemon from what he understood. Gengar not so much, but was notorious for being very powerful. And a bit mischievous. Azalea and Nighshade. And Eve was her name. "Oliver, or Ollie, I don't care which. Shieldon and Dragonite. Shall we?" The red head would let her lead the way if she wanted. Or he could have Shieldon do it too.

He didn't care either way. Moving forward, the cave did seem to get colder. Oliver did have a map on his phone that kept track of approximately where he was in the cave, just so he wouldn't get lost. His route was almost done, and he hadn't had any luck whatsoever.

Entering an opening, he could hear rushing water. Shining his lantern over it, he could see it. Luckily, there was a path to the right and left, but any wrong move, or slip, and you'd be whisked away. And of course, he lantern didn't shine far enough in either direction. "Which way you wanna go?" He'd advise against sending a Pokemon by themselves.

@evelyn

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 4:07:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"A pleasure to meet you, Oliver. As well as your Pokemon."

[break][break]

Evelyn would offer them all a smile, bright and kind. It was what she did best for her clients in need, after all. Provide them with kindness and warmth.

[break][break]

So, they would enter the cave, and she'd pause when they came across the water. She was surprised that it hadn't frozen from the cold in the depths of the cave because she felt like she could freeze herself.

[break][break]

"Let's go to the right. If it's a dead end, we could track back and go left," she offered.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 4:31:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎁DELIBIRD DELIVERY!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A DELIBIRD DROPS BY and pulls out a wrapped gift from its tail. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: delibird can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]
@evelyn

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 2:08:55 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
With the pleasantries gone, they moved on. The cold was really making him contemplate getting a fire Pokemon. He didn't have to do much in the Ice Cave back home, but this was making him reconsider. Nodding to Evelyn, that was where he moved towards, with Shieldon taking point. Dragonite would stay behind, and hopefully be the last to follow. the path was slightly too narrow for two people to be walking side by side. So the dragon had to be even more careful then he normally would be. He was also a powerful swimmer, so if anyone fell in the water, he could probably get them and get them out quickly enough.

Oliver followed along, keeping the light ahead, but it also glowed behind him too, keeping it a little to this left, so that his guest can also see properly. Sort of, he still kept it low so as to not disturb the cave too much. It was also to keep an eye on the edge, to make sure no one slipped and fell. While he did notice some frost on the wall, it didn't seem like it was quite cold enough to quell the raging river next to them. Upon reaching a dead end, he did see something of interest. Cave drawings. Carefully turning up the light on his lantern, he started to take pictures with his phone. These weren't part of the map or anything they'd seen in here.

Looking around, he didn't see anything else of note. "See anything else of interest?" He could always miss something. It wasn't that unusual, even as good as he was.

@evelyn

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 1:05:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evelyn's eyes skimmed over the walls as they walked. Her primary goal were to catch the Pokemon, but it seemed she was having no such luck right now.

[break][break]

That made the artifact her secondary target.

[break][break]

And then again, she didn't see anything relating to that either.

[break][break]

It was rather frustrating. She sighed, her breath billowing in front of her like smoke. She did notice, however, as Oliver took pictures of something. Cave drawings.

[break][break]

Interesting.

[break][break]

"No, nothing. Shall we go the other way?"

[break][break]

e41wr9gp
close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
awards
228 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 23:19:23 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
She didn't have any luck either. "Sure thing, go ahead." He would hand her his lantern if she didn't want to use her own. And Dragonite would lead the way. The big fella moved past where they came from and kept going. There was a slope downhill. Tapping it with his foot, the dragon cautiously continued. After a few barks from his dragon in warning, he did a short hop and slid down, disappearing into the darkness. A light at the far end from Dragonite's fire punch showed where he was, and showed it continuing down. It was his last area to check, might as well finish it up. "Use your other arm, so we can keep an eye on the edge." Ollie yelled at him. Dragonite did as told.

And hopefully the others would go next, with Dragonite as the safety. The path to the left further led down, but wasn't as steep or icy, and was also much wider too. After a slide down and continuing on with Ollie at the lead this time, they found another room. There were several other exits, but the room look like it had been used once upon a time. There was also some more cave drawings. Sighing heavily, he took more pictures. "Unfortunately, this is as far as I go. Good luck, and good hunting." She hadn't done anything suspicious or illegal, so he'll let her go. Once again, nothing of real value that he could see. So he started back up...

VXpoMpAr

@evelyn

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
troglodyte [m/ww]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2021 3:26:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@evelyn