awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 23:28:23 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
never yield to the cynicism

[attr=class,lyric2]
that says everyone else is so good

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
that i can afford to be a little evil

[attr=class,bulk][break]Known for the fighting and psychic type pokemon that lurked behind every corner, the Jagged Pass was next on the list of places to check for Unown. Recently acquiring another lure, Derek had dropped it when flying overhead on his Charizard some time ago.

[break][break]

Landing at the entrance and proceeding on foot, there was no telling what would gather due to the device. Likewise, it didn't surprise him to see a school of Chimeco ringing and dinging away as he stepped along the path. His presence didn't deter them one bit, and that felt like good news. If they were disturbed, any of the other pokemon nearby would realize something was up...

[break][break]

PSYCHIC INCENSED USED!

[break][break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
JAGGED PASS

SOLO WILD (ADVENT #21)

[attr=class,derekswarmcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.derekswarm .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accentborder, .derekswarm .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accenttext, .derekswarm .bulk b, .derekswarm .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/8e/6c/wCsh7D4v_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0.1),rgba(50,50,50,0.6));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1, .derekswarm .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1 div, .derekswarm .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 19px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 19px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 8:08:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EXEGGUTOR APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BARRAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SEED BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEAF STORM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 18:28:16 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]Silver hair like tinsel finds itself slicked back with a beret put on to keep it there, ensuring nothing would obscure Derek's sight as he continued the search. A wild exeggutor had caught his attention, but it's not one of the species on the list. Besides, it seems to be enjoying itself with all the Chimeco floating about, playing something of a melody that rang throughout the Jagged Pass.

[break][break]

Pushing on and past them, eyes peeled to the trail ahead as the partial silhouette of something could be made out behind one of the rocks in the bend...

[break][break]

SKIPPING / PSYCHIC INCENSE USED!

[break][break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
JAGGED PASS

SOLO WILD (ADVENT #22)

template by punki

[newclass=.derekswarm .accentborder, .derekswarm .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .accenttext, .derekswarm .bulk b, .derekswarm .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://images2.imgbox.com/8e/6c/wCsh7D4v_o.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(40,40,40,0.1),rgba(50,50,50,0.6));[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1, .derekswarm .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .lyric1 div, .derekswarm .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 19px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 19px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarm .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.derekswarmcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 0:50:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOTHITELLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMPETITIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE SLAP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 1:34:31 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]'I wonder if they have socks under there...or stockings, maybe?' Derek questions to himself as he passes by a Gothitelle, which seems wary of him when it acknowledges his presence. Ready to make a quick getaway, the ranger is fortunate enough to flee before the psychic can force him to do battle.

[break][break]

Thanks to the detour, Derek finds himself moving along the final two bends in the Jagged Pass. Hoping to find at least one more pokemon, it would be time to call it quits. There were some things the rangers needed to tend to before the holiday, and Derek wasn't going to allow his name to be known for slacking off and ditching.

[break][break]

SKIPPING / PSYCHIC INCENSE USED!

[break][break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
JAGGED PASS

SOLO WILD (ADVENT #23)

template by punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 6:01:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD XATU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SYNCHRONIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER SWAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHO SHIFT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 0:01:16 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
[attr=class,derekswarm]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk][break]Spotting the Xatu flying overhead, Derek is quick to seek it out by releasing Randal, his Machamp by lobbing it's pokeball up into the sky. "Use your Ice Punch!"

[break][break]

Delivering a decisive blow regardless of the pokemon's efforts to avoid it, the bird is swatted down by the hammer fist and plummets to the ground abruptly. It returns fire by issuing a rather nasty peck at Randal, who seems to shake it off. At least on the surface level.

[break][break]

Give it a Rock Blast!" Though trying to take off into the air, the pokemon is pelted by a volley of rocks that brash into it like they were the Machamp's very fists. Collapsing to the ground, Derek quickly tossed a pokeball in order to capture it.

[break][break]

"What do I call this one? Maybe Charon? That sounds smart, don't you think?" Derek looks over to Randal for an opinion, only to see the Machamp shrug like it didn't matter. "Yeah, of course you don't know. All bulge and no brain." Collecting the pokeball and placing it in an empty holster, Derek returns his Machamp in favor of a Garchomp that quickly takes him to the nearest pokemon center. They needed to heal their new friend, after all...

[break][break]

CAPTURING XATU & END OF THREAD!

[break][break]
[attr=class,bottom-text]
JAGGED PASS

SOLO WILD (ADVENT #24)

template by punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
master of the hunt [w]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 22:05:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT THE XATU!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SYNCHRONIZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER SWAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PSYCHO SHIFT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] YOU RECEIVE 5 PD!