Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcreditssera"]
[attr="class","sidelongs"]
[attr="class","bodyboxsera"]

[attr="class","border-box"]
[attr="class","image-space"]

[attr="class","text-space"]

The way Mars said her name let her know he was concerned but she couldn't bring herself to elaborate. She pressed her lips into a thin like as she pushed her food around on her plate with her fork. What was she supposed to say anyway? He already knew the troubles she had been plagued with recently and it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened since she was here spending the holidays with him rather than her loved ones. [break][break]

So what was she supposed to do? Tell him she was lonely and hurt. Cry in his arms and burden him with her troubles? That wouldn't be fair to him. So she did what she always did, pushed it all down and suppressed it to deal with it later. "Honestly? Things haven’t been going all that great. I-...” Serena finally lifted her gaze to look back at him. [break][break]

So things were difficult for him too? Another reason why she didn't want to dump her problems on him. He was clearly going through enough. Her eyebrow raised in curiosity when he abruptly interrupted himself. Was he having second thoughts on sharing or was it something else? She couldn't blame him if he didn't want to share, neither did she. [break][break]

While the two of them got along they still had a long way to go before they were really comfortable around one another. That's how she felt anyway. "Serena… Your necklace… It’s just like the charm on Eris’ bracelet.” Serena glanced down to her chest at the charm for a moment before she blinked back at him. [break][break]

"O-Oh yeah." she said as she gently touched the gem. " was actually the one to make my charm into a necklace." she'd been surprised to see Eris had one matching her own but if they had gotten from the same place then that was something pretty special that they both shared right? "... You have one too…” [break][break]

Serena finally took another bite of her food and tilted her head to the side. "Do you know something about it?" she asked between chews. Serena herself was unable to share how she'd come to obtain this charm but if Mars had any more information on the matter she would love to hear it.

[break][break]

[break]
+ more tags: [break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: Sorry for the long wait! ^.^[break]

[attr="class","headerbox"]

Serena +

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=Poppins:400,700]
[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodyboxsera headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); --accentRGB: 125,113,107; --accent: #c15429 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .bodyboxsera] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodyboxsera; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.05) contrast(.65) saturate(1.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.15) contrast(.75) saturate(1.8);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h2, .sidelongs h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 22:22:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Why did it have to be Serena out of all people?
[break][break]
Time and again he had encountered people who had charms like those, and time and again he had heard similar stories. He could already guess what Serena’s answers would be if he asks the questions he wanted to ask: she probably could speak of how she obtained the amulet or didn’t even remember it, she probably could see a letter he wouldn’t be able to see, and she probably knew as little about all this as he did.
[break][break]
By this point, Mars had one too many theories about it all, and most of them were way too concerning.
[break][break]
”I’ve seen a few like it before.” Two just like it, actually, ’s and ’s, but , , and had also told him exactly the same type of stories despite their charms looking different. Was the appearance on it based on the person’s gender? If so, that was just sexist.
[break][break]
”You saw Eris’, right? When you looked at it, did you see a letter? You see one in yours too, don’t you?” Looking at her, he sighed, for this was all too much to think about this early and on an empty stomach. So, it was then when Mars too picked up his fork, his gaze falling upon the steaming cup of coffee Serena had prepared for him.
[break][break]
The sort of thing he wasn’t supposed to be drinking anymore because it was known to increase blood pressure.
[break][break]
It was like his own personal torture. Damn those stupid brain bubbles.
[break][break]
”...You should be careful with it. The charm. I think it can be dangerous.”
[break][break]
It sure was if he was right in his theory that the charms had caused what happened to him, Eris, and Locke.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 17:20:37 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

Despite the complications that such a cute little charm came with, Serena was still oddly happy with it. Mesprit was her favorite guardian and ever since she was little she could remember desperately wishing to encounter them one day. Despite being way older today, she still was thrilled to have a childhood dream come true. [break][break]

A small smile graced her lips as she gingerly touched the gem of the charm with her finger. "I’ve seen a few like it before.” Mars spoke up after a moment. Her gaze turned back towards him as she tilted her head. Why did she feel a heavy dread in the air? "You saw Eris’, right? When you looked at it, did you see a letter? You see one in yours too, don’t you?”[break][break]

Serena frowned as she tried to remember everything that went on that day. "I do remember seeing a letter now that you mention it." she says. "It was looked like this..." she says as she begins to describe what she saw. [break][break]

"I can't remember what Eris saw though. But I'm sure I could ask her really quickly." Serena continued as she reached in her pocket to pull out her phone. She hummed a little as she did so, the topic of the charms putting her in a good mood. A heavy sigh came from Mars that distracted her mid text. [break][break]

Her gaze drifted over to him once more as concern washed over her features. "...You should be careful with it. The charm. I think it can be dangerous.” Serena's fingers froze as the hovered over the screen. A frown shadowed her features as she lowered her phone to give him her full attention. "Why would you think that?"[break][break]

It wasn't that she didn't want to believe him, but rather she had spent so long thinking positively of this whole ordeal. It even helped her to cope with some of her troubles. Now he was telling her that it was dangerous? "Tell me what's going on." She said as she picked up her plate to sit beside him. [break][break]

If something really bad was going on she deserved to know the whole truth. Or at least what he knew, and it was clear he knew something. But above all, she was now concerned for who was also involved with this thing. [break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: Sorry for the long wait! ^.^[break]

Serena +

made by gimmick

[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongscreditssera>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodyboxsera headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(125,113,107); --accentRGB: 125,113,107; --accent: #c15429 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .bodyboxsera] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodyboxsera; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.05) contrast(.65) saturate(1.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.15) contrast(.75) saturate(1.8);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongs ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 21:31:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Like so many who called Sinnoh their home, he had read stories about them when he was a child. He had visited the lakes and heard tales of their guardians, and he had even imagined what they would be like. All that had been long since left behind, and yet, despite the initial annoyance he felt on the night he met Azelf, the awe that replaced those feelings when finally being face-to-face with the small deity was one Mars would have never bothered to deny.
[break][break]
It had visited him, it had spoken to him, it had given him a prophecy, and it had said they were watching him.
[break][break]
How many people could claim that?
[break][break]
But, if there had been awe, why was it that he felt so much dread when looking at Serena’s charm? Why was it that the idea that it might be related to the Lake Trio filled him with concern and perhaps even fear?
[break][break]
He knew the answer, but could he really share it with her?
[break][break]
"Tell me what's going on."
[break][break]
It was with a sigh that he turned to look at her when she sat by his side, amber-like eyes meeting those of an all too similar shade and staring into them for a moment before finally giving his answer:
[break][break]
”I said I’ve seen a few like it before. Sometimes those who have them talk about missing memories, about not remembering how they got their charm or other moments relating to it. Sometimes they can’t even share anything about it, like something is stopping them from speaking... I bet it’s the same for you, isn’t it?”
[break][break]
He could easily take a guess at this point given everything he has seen and been told. Still, maybe, just maybe, Serena’s case was different. That would have been nice, wouldn’t it? To finally have some answers.
[break][break]
”But, Sera... I experienced it too even though I don’t have a charm.” That was the part that worried him. It was whatever happened in September that filled him with dread, because he could not remember those clearly horrific events. ”On the day I met Eris, she and someone else showed me their charms. That’s the last thing we all remember before there’s a clear gap in our memories. Afterwards, we were all in this conference room at the bank’s offices... We were bleeding and our pokémon were dead. When I drove us to the hospital…”
[break][break]
It wasn’t something he enjoyed remembering, but he needed to tell her. He needed Serena to understand why she had to be cautious about that dreadful charm she had.
[break][break]
”...The doctors said we could die.”

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 23:26:29 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

His sigh was heavy again before he turned to face her. Serena her stomach drop once more before he even said anything. Whatever it was that he knew, it was clear it was something he didn't even want to talk about. But just what could've happened to make it like this. Serena placed her fork down and pushed her plate away from her as she turned to give Mars her full attention. Breakfast could wait. [break][break]

"I said I’ve seen a few like it before. Sometimes those who have them talk about missing memories, about not remembering how they got their charm or other moments relating to it. Sometimes they can’t even share anything about it, like something is stopping them from speaking... I bet it’s the same for you, isn’t it?”[break][break]

Serena's hand instinctively flew to her neck before she grimaced and nodded. She was unable to speak of her encounter because the series of side effects that would attack her body when she tried would leave her wishing for death. The extreme nausea, the accelerated pulse, the dizziness, the pain in her chest. It felt like she was having an heart attack. She'd rather not experience that feeling again if she could help it. [break][break]

"But, Sera... I experienced it too even though I don’t have a charm.” her amber hues widened as she was snapped from her thoughts. Staring up at him in surprise and confusion she frowned. What was the significance between the people that were chosen? Why Mars? Why Eris? Why her? There had to be something here that they were all missing. [break][break]

"On the day I met Eris, she and someone else showed me their charms. That’s the last thing we all remember before there’s a clear gap in our memories. Afterwards, we were all in this conference room at the bank’s offices... We were bleeding and our pokémon were dead. When I drove us to the hospital…”[break][break]

"Wait, wait, wait." Serena said as she shook her head. "Bleeding? Dead pokémon? What?!" Serena felt like she was going to be sick. There was no way the guardians would be so malicious right? But she didn't doubt him but it was also hard to believe. Why were they being tormented like this. And if it was them, what would happen to her? Serena couldn't lose another pokémon. She wasn't strong enough to endure that pain again. [break][break]

"...The doctors said we could die.” Serena stared at Mars for a moment before quickly closing the distance and cupping his face between her hands. "Are you sure?" she knew she was being unreasonable but still. Death? She shook her head as she dropped her hands from his face. Her head and shoulders hung low as she felt a chill run down her spine. [break][break]

"This has got to be some sort of sick joke." she said her voice croaked. She couldn't catch a break could she? Everything she cared about was slowly being snatched away from her one by one. Maybe Adrian was right. Hoenn was cursed. "Die? I..I don't understand. What about you? You look fine!" she said as she held her head in her hands. "And oh gods what about Eris? She's just a child! Fuck, you guys don't deserve this...dammit." she said as her voice got softer with each word. [break][break]

She felt herself getting choked up the more she thought about it. She buried her face in her hands as she tried to get herself to calm down. What was she supposed to do now? There had to be something that could be done. She refused to sit idly by while her friends and her own life was being threatened. But why? Ever since she was little she was told the guardians looked out for them. Why would they do something so horrible?[break][break]

"Wait, no charm?" she said with a sniff as she blinked back tears. A thought popped in her head. Both she and Eris both had the same charm so it was safe to assume they were visited by the same guardian. "What did you get then? Who visited you?"

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: oooo dramaaaa ^.^[break]

Serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 0:32:32 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Her reaction was to be expected, it was a lot to dump on her all at once. Yet, it was the truth, and she had to understand it and accept it for what it was. He needed her to do as much.
[break][break]
He wasn’t going to die, he would make sure of that, but the circumstances were still dire.
[break][break]
So, when her hands cupped his cheeks, Mars simply looked at her, his silence and the lack of even a hint of a smile serving to confirm what she feared: yes, he was sure. It had been months now. He had been to doctors regularly and done everything in his power to improve his situation, but in the end, the effects of whatever had happened that September day still remained within him as a dormant threat.
[break][break]
”It’s like an aneurysm… Bubbles in our brains. Calm, a hand rested gently on her back, perhaps as a way to comfort her or perhaps simply as a way to get her to focus on him instead of her own distress. Mars worried about too, she was one of his main concerns in all of this, but he knew all too well that he couldn’t allow himself to get stressed. ”They’re harmless for now, but stress can easily change that.”
[break][break]
”I can take care of myself just fine. I changed my routine so I’m not as busy, take medicine, go to regular check ups, keep my blood pressure low, all of that. But, you’re right, Eris is just a child, and I’m worried she won’t know how to keep herself from getting stressed… You and I saw what happened at the Tree of Life.”
[break][break]
Stressful was exactly the way all that could be described, and yet, his thoughts easily wandered away from those memories and concerns the moment Serena’s next question came.
[break][break]
"What did you get, then? Who visited you?"
[break][break]
Could he trust her?
[break][break]
The answer came to Mars easily enough, his own response to the question being spoken just as his gaze met hers one more time:
[break][break]
”Azelf. It gave me a prophecy.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 21:47:01 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"It’s like an aneurysm… Bubbles in our brains.” That's what he had said. Serena felt a bitter taste arise in her mouth. But they were so young. And it was all so sudden. Just what in the hell happened. Serena balled her hands into fists only a moment later Mars rested his hand gently on her back, as if to reassure her or comfort her. [break][break]

Here she was, once again, making this about her. She bit her lip. Mars was the one struggling not her. He was the one that could die, not her. She felt terrible for making him feel like he needed to comfort her at all. Hell, that she even bothered him with her bullshit when he was going through much worse. [break][break]

"They’re harmless for now, but stress can easily change that.” So as long as they were kept calm things would be okay? Did that mean talking about all of this would make it worse? If so, she really needed to get her act together. She didn't want to make trouble for him. Now more than ever she felt like she was right to withhold the issues she had been going through, he didn't need more pressure. [break][break]

"I can take care of myself just fine. I changed my routine so I’m not as busy, take medicine, go to regular check ups, keep my blood pressure low, all of that. But, you’re right, Eris is just a child, and I’m worried she won’t know how to keep herself from getting stressed… You and I saw what happened at the Tree of Life.”[break][break]

Serena nodded slowly. This was so unfair, to all of them. Just what had they done to deserve something like this? Sure they weren't saints, nor did they try to be. But there were plenty of other's out there parading around holier than thou but were ten times worse than they! Why did they have to go through so much?![break][break]

Serena felt her head begin to ache. Right, she needed to calm down. Mars' gaze met hers once more after she had asked him about who visited him. He was quiet for a moment before he responded. "Azelf. It gave me a prophecy.” A prophecy? Serena blinked as she tried to wrap her head around the concept. [break][break]

"What...what did you see?" she asked hesitantly. So far, things were fucked so she had no hope that this would be good. Especially since Mars was having a hard time talking about it. She felt bad for continuously prodding him about it but she needed to know. "You can talk about it right?" she asked, unlike her, perhaps he could speak about the encounter. "Unless it's too much, then that's fine." she quickly added.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: ^.^[break]

Serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 4:31:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

She wouldn’t understand it, not with how little she knew about him. She wouldn’t get just how personal it was; how deep Azelf’s words cut and just how much of an impression they had left in him. Even if it had taken some time for him to admit it to himself, the encounter had changed him.
[break][break]
When she asked what he had seen, he shook his head. ”Azelf. It visited me one night and spoke into my mind, but I couldn’t do anything at the time… I couldn’t move. I couldn’t ask what it wanted from me. It just gave me the prophecy and left.”
[break][break]
It was still frustrating, even if he knew just how rare it was for a deity to visit someone, even if he was thankful to Azelf for the words it had given him.
[break][break]
Why couldn’t it discuss things?
[break][break]
Why couldn’t it explain what it wanted in a way that wasn’t portentous and cryptic?
[break][break]
He looked at Serena then, wondering if he could trust her with the things Azelf had said. Out of all of Team Rocket, out of everyone in the world, he had only shared the prophecy with – out of the only people Mars actually trusted, even if not with everything.
[break][break]
But, didn’t Serena deserve to know if she was involved in all of this? What benefit could come out of her knowing?
[break][break]
Just about every time she spoke, that one word continued to ring in his mind:
[break][break]
You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You. You.
[break][break]
”I can speak of it, but it’s… personal.”
[break][break]
A prophecy meant only for him, one about his life.
[break][break]
”...I still don’t know why it would tell me all those things now.”
[break][break]
Admittance came after a moment, as if a thought spoken out loud.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 14:26:48 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"Azelf. It visited me one night and spoke into my mind, but I couldn’t do anything at the time… I couldn’t move. I couldn’t ask what it wanted from me. It just gave me the prophecy and left.” Serena hummed as she crossed her arms across her chest. That was completely different from her own experience. Not that she could share such details with him. She couldn't remember if Mesprit had given her any sort of vision or not but she didn't believe so. [break][break]

Still, oddly the way Mars described Azelf's appearance sounded a lot like those that experience sleep paralysis. Not that she doubted what he experienced was genuine, but there had to be some sort of connection here. Something they were probably missing? Based on what Mars was saying, maybe other's experienced this phenomenon too? If so, perhaps they should arrange a meeting. [break][break]

Her frown deepened as she was reminded what Mars said happened the last time they held a meeting. Or maybe not. But if meeting together wasn't the answer then what was?[break][break]

"I can speak of it, but it’s… personal.” Mars spoke again pulling Serena from her thoughts. She nodded slowly, expression saying that she understood. "...I still don’t know why it would tell me all those things now.” His voice was soft as his gaze lowered. She wanted to know what the prophecy was but she wouldn't push, after all, he said was personal. She didn't have a right to pry. [break][break]

Glancing over at the unfinished Christmas tree, Serena pursed her lips. "Maybe...Azelf was letting you know you were chosen for a reason." she said softly. "I mean, when you think about every instance of a prophecy or vision being given to someone a common theme was that they were a chosen few. Representatives of sorts." she continued her thought process. [break][break]

"I don't what the prophecy entailed but maybe you were chosen to be a representative. Of what? I have no idea. We need to figure that out. But I'm not sure how without risking putting other people in danger." she continued as she frowned and tapped a finger against her chin.
[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: ^.^[break]

Serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 8:22:41 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Chosen.
[break][break]
That had been his thought too, hadn’t it? Back then, back when Azelf had given him the prophecy and had left before he could ask any questions. He had been chosen. In all of his hubris, Mars had believed it so very easily, because in many ways it had been true: out of all people in the world, he was the one Azelf visited.
[break][break]
But, he hadn’t been the only one, had he? He hadn’t realised it at first, not with so many unanswered questions filling his mind, but the pang of disappointment had been there when learning that others had had similar encounters with the Being of Willpower.
[break][break]
One among a chosen few.
[break][break]
Chosen for what?
[break][break]
Why?
[break][break]
A representative? He echoed Serena’s suggested answer, considering while a cup of coffee grew colder and colder. She too raised the next question that came to mind: a representative of what? ”You’re right, it might be dangerous. But, I still need to figure it out… Not knowing what the hell all this is about is killing me, Serena.”
[break][break]
No, it had been his search for answers that had almost killed him, Mars knew that well, but feeling as if he was oblivious was a different kind of pain. He couldn’t live with ‘not knowing’, for reasons that went much deeper than simple curiosity.
[break][break]
”The Guardians wouldn’t do all this without a reason, right?”
[break][break]
This time, it was a question, his gaze meeting that of the Rocket Beast, and if only for a moment, Mars looked as if he were hoping she would validate his need to continue this search.
[break][break]
Then again, in reality, someone as stubborn as him would keep going even if no one agreed.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 3:10:30 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]

"You’re right, it might be dangerous. But, I still need to figure it out… Not knowing what the hell all this is about is killing me, Serena.” Mars responded and Serena nodded. She understood what he meant. Not knowing was more often times more painful than knowing the hard truth. She'd been in such situations before. [break][break]

"The Guardians wouldn’t do all this without a reason, right?” he asked and she nodded once more. "That's what I was thinking. I mean, they rarely show themselves to just anyone right. And on top of that the Guardians bestowed gifts and prophesies? That has to mean something." She was saying as she leaned her hand that rested on the counter. [break][break]

"And I know the last meeting you talked about was scary but...if we're to find out anything and get any sort of peace of mind, perhaps gathering everyone involved would be the next best approach." she mused as she hummed. "Though I can't say it's not without it's concerns I mean. What if something worse than what happened to you before comes about....that's terrifying to think about." she continued, rambling now.[break][break]

"But then again, I doubt the Guardians intention was for us to figure out this puzzle on our own. I mean, don't they usually operate in threes?"
[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ xtra notes: Do you wanna keep doing this one since it's been a while? ^.^[break]

Serena +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 7:56:27 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”I doubt the Guardians intention was for us to figure out this puzzle on our own. I mean, don't they usually operate in threes?”
[break]
Threes.
[break][break]
They often said all good things came in threes, but was that also the case for the truth? Would the puzzle only be completed when those who had been visited by all three Lake Guardians gathered? There was only one way to find out. All he could really do was keep at it, wasn’t it? Keep planning, keep investigating, and keep trying to understand.
[break][break]
At least he wasn’t alone in it, though. At least he had her by his side.
[break][break]
His gaze fell upon their discarded breakfast, and remembering the reason why she had come here to begin with, he turned to look at her, a faint smile being offered.
[break][break]
”Thank you, Serena.” Gratitude was rarely something Mars felt a need to express in words, but on this day it came easily and without much thought – coming in the company with a gentle and chaste kiss that so warmly yet passingly touched her cheek. He stood then, extending a hand for her to take. ”Let’s set all that aside for now, yeah? We can’t let our Christmas be ruined. We have a tree to decorate and I have something for you.”
[break][break]
He winked, but it was true enough, for while words of gratitude weren’t ones that easily came to Mars, gestures of it weren’t rare. Gifts for those who mattered to him. He may have cared little for Christmas these days, it may have been a bittersweet and filled with both painful and nostalgic memories, but gift-giving was still one of his favourite things.
[break][break]
And so it was that once the elegance of his penthouse became marked by an aesthetic abundance of holiday decorations, a box tied by a beautiful ribbon was placed in Serena’s hands, and when opening it, a pokéball was what she’d find. A companion. Not one meant to in any way replace the one that had been lost, but still one meant to be by his side when things got tough.
[break][break]
An Espeon.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Santa Baby [WW]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 4:34:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: