awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 0:56:31 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
francie made her way into shoal cave with a brow arched. the beanie on her head was holding her blonde hair down as the breeze from the ocean mixed with the cold of the cave. her coalossal was called forth almost immediately and she snuggled up close to it, along with louie, her dusk formed lycanroc.

"alright..." she accessed her phone and bit her glove to pull it off, texting fernando that she was in place whenever he was ready, and that the coast was clear.

not just of pokémon, but of people as well.

she then pulled her glove back on and gave her coalossal a kiss, to which it hummed and its fire within its belly started to burn a bit more brightly.

"now just to wait on him."

the mission was simple enough. no ranger business, no, he'd plucked her from that today. this day was meant for exploration into shoal cave to snuff out some rumors of 'rare items' beneath the earth of it. their hope was that they'd gotten to it after the 'newbies' came in and swarmed to take all the less rare items at the 'surface.'
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 2:17:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTERY TREASURE

A BRUMAL BOUNTY

FERNANDO’S ENTRANCE is anything but special. no flying or teleportation. just a brisk pace jog from lilycove’s beach to get his circulation flowing and heart rate elevated. while dressed for the occasion, his sleeves cut just short of his forearm. bare hands and tight cuffs leave his hand and feet open, sacrificing warmth for sure footing.

he breaches the cave’s opening a good ten minutes after her message is received. the rosy bite of the coastal breeze nips his nose with a faint pink, chilled at the finger tips and brushed along a line of goosebumps.

ready,” he asks upon approach. his hands remain clasped, taking the occasional breath to fill them with hot air.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 16:08:54 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
"...why don't you have more clothes on?"

why that was the first thing out of francie's mouth was because it seemed like fernando literally had nothing but some jogging clothes on like that was acceptable. did he take a special pill?

"i feel like you're gonna freeze if you go in like that. it's gonna be super cold in the cave-- do you have a rapidash or arcanine you're riding or something?"

her coalossal to her side huffed, and with it, his molten core gave a small wave of warmth, to which francie naturally grifted toward because she'd been waiting in the cold for ten minutes for mr. jogger-no-clothes.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 23:35:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTERY TREASURE

A BRUMAL BOUNTY

“FOR TRACTION,” he answers without missing a beat. there’s no thought or pause behind it. just a single, honed answer that comes with a pragmatic background that highlights what he values and how much thought he’s already put into it.

his fingers flex as he breaks them out of their hold. “the center is insulated enough. besides, that’s what i have you for.” the meaning is obtuse but there’s a reason they’re matched up in pairs instead of spelunking solo.

i’ll be fine,” he reassures. to her credit, he does indeed have a pokemon fit for the occasion. however, he refrains from using it just yet.

slipping from bad footing is more prone to injury than the temperature.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 0:09:55 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
"for traction." francie mouthed the words, arching an eyebrow at the fact that he was worried about his footing.

truth was, she would be too, but she was already climbing up on kole, her coalossal, and taking a seat near his shoulders where there wasn't any magma. if she planned on walking, she'd be worried about the footing as well. ironically, where she was seated, they were about level height for the first time ever.

"i'll trust your judgement, fernando." the following tease was given with a cheeky grin. "and i'll be sure to watch my step from up here."

kole grumbled before looking to fernando. francie pulled a ball from her holster, releasing her midday lycanroc, lincoln.

"scout ahead for us?"

with a huff, he wagged his tail at fernando and then trotted ahead, his stoney talons allowing him to keep his footing well enough on the frigid stone.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 1:58:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTERY TREASURE

A BRUMAL BOUNTY

“AH.” well, easy for her to say.

indeed, it would be ideal to rely on pokemon. it makes just about everything easier. but fernando is stubborn and for good reason. reliance devolves into dependency, a trait he wants to remove himself from through any means necessary.

so he takes the path by foot. careful steps under the watchful gaze of both eyes front and center. frozen rock is tapped, pressed, and then committed as he moves as a slow and cautious pace.

he lacks the finesse of her lycanroc but their progress is steady.

what were you hoping to find, myrtle?

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 15:33:15 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
ironically enough, francie is aware she relies on her lycanrocs too much. at times, she thinks, perhaps she'll practice existing without them but... why bother? why not cross that bridge if it shows up?

optimistic to the end.

"mmmm, time with you, for sure. but mostly? answers."

the response is honest and she eyes him to see if her words made an impact. because she's basically desperate, but also, seeing fernando flinch under mention of emotions has become a favorite pastime of hers. and until he ordered her to stop, she wouldn't. and even then, she's make faces instead of speaking words.

loopholes ladies and gents.

"i've got a friend who happened seeing a volcanion in here a while back. though also in meteor falls, which makes me wonder if the two caves are connected underground somehow. i've not found any indication in the past, but maybe we will today."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 2:26:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTERY TREASURE

A BRUMAL BOUNTY

UNBEAT AND UNABASHED catches him by surprise. if not for his current predicament, fernando’s sudden deadpan expression would’ve been comical. instead, he steels himself against the cold. he remains serious as they descend deeper into a spiral of stone and sleet.

volcanion?

he’s unfamiliar with the species. whatever instances others may have recorded, they prove infrequent enough to fly underneath his radar. what once would’ve perked his interest becomes meaningless in the advent of a world ending disaster.

between here and meteor falls? hm.

his thought takes him back to the THREE DAY WAR. meteor falls had proved larger than anyone could’ve imagined. a whole subterranean reveals meteorites that outdate even the oldest legend. the fact they found REGIDRAGO there during the excursions only adds credibility to her theory.

it’s certainly possible,” he muses.

the device in his pocket remains silent.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 16:15:09 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

that was definitely the expression she had been hoping for. she reveled in it, smiling as he switched topics to try not to think about it.

jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way. oh what fun, it is to go, cave diving with fer-nan-do!

she muses the tune to herself before finally focusing on his words, the way he carries himself, and it sparks her interest enough to ask, "so what are you hoping to find, fernando?"

because yes, she knows him well enough to know he doesn't request to go on a mission with her unless he absolutely wants something out of it.

so was her experience, anyway.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 22:17:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTERY TREASURE

A BRUMAL BOUNTY

“HOENN HAS CHANGED in more ways than one.”

he’s not sure how familiar she is with recent development but, for most, not much has changed. rockets congregating around sootopolis makes the biggest news. everything else ends up being inconsequential headliners that fill prime time news for a few weeks before dissipating in the background.

but underneath the surface, in the know of a select few, disaster brews as the world comes undone once more. each event is tangled interchangeably with one another, weaving a web that spells misfortune.

mega evolution,” which despite its common spread in hoenn, is still a relatively new phenomenon. “radiates a specific energy output. that’s what i’m hoping to find today.

the device in his pocket is similar to the primal nodes employed by . fernando’s is no where near as sophisticated or complete but prototyping is all about experimenting.

if we’re lucky, we may discover some mega stones.

and if they’re destined for it, they’ll find something more: an empty canvas of primal energy.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 13:59:06 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
"i remember reading up a bit on the mega evolution and the energies. i even read at one point, groudon came up from the volcano but it was a past groudon? the news was really wishywashy about it all. but i remember reading you were there."

she smiled at him as they walked, thinking back on the article.

"the hnn is always so freakin' vague... anything i need to know about, since representing you? or would you rather i don't have information so i can play dumb?"

yes, she was asking if it would benefit fernando if she know or not. why? because honestly, she was definitely curious, she wanted to ask him everything and know everything and anything he would tell her. but in truth?

she just wanted to be of use. things not of use were ignored, pushed aside, or worse.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 15:14:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTERY TREASURE

A BRUMAL BOUNTY

“AH.” so she’s aware. well, that speeds things up. whatever inaccuracies portrayed by the media mean little when such matters seem to have sorted themselves out. for a moment, fernando considers correcting her, but decides against it. a proper dossier can be filled out for her later, in the warm safety of a office and printer.

not really—there’s not much you have to tell anyone about the matter—but i’ll have you updated when we get back.

and with that, fernando resumes their excursion. quiet unless spoken to, still unsure of how to handle their dynamic.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 15:24:02 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
"i'd like that. i'm so out of the loop, y'know?" francie commented, knowing good and well the conversation would come to a lull at the end of that.

and it did. there were little snippets here and there, of course. them talking, things happening; small conversations. and she felt, perhaps, like she was finally starting to get a little closer to fernando.

like she was getting a better social link rating with the death tarot or something; which she was totally fine with. all while looking in a nearly frozen cave for something that would make his radar go ding-ding. and when it did, on a small portion of rock. she had her lycanroc dig it up with ease and took the chunk of rock to excavate more thoroughly for him.

because who doesn't love a little opening for the next thread, right?
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 17:09:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTERY TREASURE

A BRUMAL BOUNTY

INDEED is his default response. but he never voices it aloud. it stays in his head like every other judgement he has for those around him. only those that prove aggravating enough for him to ‘knock down a peg’ ever hear his criticisms.

it goes without saying that the rest of their time is spectacularly plain and uneventful.

otBs42dd
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,972 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wintery treasure [ ww ]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2022 3:09:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: