he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 23:46:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo had been finding himself spending more and more time at the little area he and the other Follies had Secret Power'd themselves over the past half a year. Not just because it was where his friends hung around; it was getting cold out, and there was only so much Hideo could do to keep him and his Pokemon warm.

And, in a way, he missed having a house to sleep in and stay at. Hotel rooms didn't have the same comfort (or affordability), and here, he had a lot more freedom to set his room up as he wanted. And while it was fairly basic so far, it was already shaping up to be a nicer spot than his camp.

He even had some Pokemon who stayed here to keep the place tidy - and help any of the other Follies who came by.

On this visit, Hideo had just intended to place around a few things in his room - one of which was a beanbag chair he'd bought. But on arrival, one of his Pokemon - his Grapploct - notified him that he wasn't the only person here.

Without much else planned, Hideo went to go see who it was.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 7:18:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When her world felt like it was shaking and threatening to break, Eris would always turn to her safe spaces to hide - A secret haven hidden from the outside, one that held its own rules and time. Though nothing would change even if she ran, this temporary escape would always allow her a moment to break free of her worries, to take a minute to break through the water surface and snatch a long-needed breath.
[break][break]
When Hideo enters the base, it's remarkably quiet save for the occasional soft breathing. In the corner, near a rotom-controlled heater, sits Reiner, all bundled up in blankets and pillows. Or rather, he's merely there and propping them up, curled snugly around a rather sleepy-looking Eris who seems far too immersed in some book. He lifts his head at the sound of a new arrival, sparing Hideo and his Grapploct a small nod of greeting before gently prodding the girl.
[break][break]
"Oh... hi Hideo..." Slightly lowering her book, Eris yawns and tilts her head a little to crack her neck. "What brings you here today?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || sbepy

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 21:03:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo didn't immediately know who it was; his Grapploct wasn't a Telepath like some of his other Pokemon, so he didn't get an immediate answer. It could have been any of the Follies (his Grapploct would be much more wary if it was some intruder). And of course, Hideo didn't notice Reiner's nod.

It's only upon hearing Eris's voice that Hideo realized who it was. "Oh, hey Eris," was his quick response, raising a hand. It was hard to miss Eris sounding a little tired, but maybe she'd just been up late.

"I was just dropping some stuff off in my room. Stuff to read, stuff to sit on. Even got myself a nice beanbag chair. I always wanted one!" His parents would always tell him if they got one, it'd get torn and they'd have to clean up all the beans that came out.

"How about you?" He could recognize the sound of one of their Rotom-heaters, but that didn't tell him what she was up to. Didn't sound like she was doing anything intense.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 14:57:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Mmm, that sounds... really nice..."
[break][break]
A beanbag chair, huh? How long has it been since she sat in one of her own? All cozied up around that small fireplace as the sparks crackle and drift, listening to the dulcet tones of a spun adventure.
[break][break]
"I was reading some of momma's adventure logs." She hums, gently rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. The pages of the journal rustle, scars of a burnt leather cover scraping against her knees as she shifts in her seat. Reiner grunts a little, stretching out as he tries to accommodate. "She had lots of stories that she wanted to tell me..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 23:47:14 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It is!” It was a good-quality beanbag chair too!

But Eris mentioned something more interesting - that she’d been reading a book of her mother’s adventures. “Sounds like it’s a pretty good read!” Hideo said, kneeling down until his rump was against the ground. “She’s probably got a lot of good stuff written down in there!” All good adventurers had journals of their journeys!

Maybe he should get around to starting his own…

So which one you reading right now?” he asked, leaning forward as his head was propped up by his hands. “A record of some rare Pokemon she found?” He was gonna have to ask her to find out, since he doubted her mother wrote the book in braille. Or that she’d lend the book to him long enough for his Beheeyem to read it out to him.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 16:36:56 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]
Far beyond a pretty good read, Eris would have said that this journal came close to being a book of revelations for her, bringing her one step closer to unravelling the truths of this world and piecing together the person that her mother truly was.
[break][break]
"It's a fairytale about a world turtle and his princess." She hums, fingers tapping along the side of the pages as she slowly runs through passage. "A long time ago, humans and pokemon were one and the same, so friendship and love between them were really common. You could even say such bonds were treasured to the moon and back."
[break][break]
As she speaks, Reiner leans his head against her, growling softly when she gently combs through his mane.
[break][break]
"Even then, in a small village hidden away from the world, there existed a tribe of humans who had never before seen a pokemon, much less made friends with any of them. Sure, stories of such wondrous creatures who controlled the elements would slip into their midst from time to time, brought in by travellers from afar... but the chief forbade contact, fearful of the strange powers that pokemon possessed."
[break][break]
Perhaps, what fear he had felt was similar to the public's opinion on the existence of avatars today - They possessed powers that regular humans did not and probably could not stand up to. So in turn, they sought to dampen such strength and reign it under control through various means. Some even went as far as to deny the existence of such people, chalking their powers up to sleights of hand or even divine interference.
[break][break]
"Of course, that would never stop a kid from attempting to explore and find out more about them. She'd steal away in the darkest of nights, led by nothing but the gentle glow of firelights through the winding woods that surrounded their village. And on the day where she'd walked until she could walk no more, she found a talking tree, perched in the centre of a giant lake..."
[break][break]
Pausing briefly, Eris can't help but let her gaze linger on the small drawing attached to the page: A crayon doodle that must have been done when she'd barely understood the meaning of objects and their proper colours. A red tree sitting in the middle of a strange green lake, and a crooked stickman with a sqiggly yellow dress staring at the odd plant. Fingers tracing the picture, she laughs quietly, as if she'd break the magic woven into this story otherwise.
[break][break]
"It's a strange story so far, isn't it?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 1:20:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo leaned forward, listening intently to Eris’s story. It wasn’t a story he’d heard before.

In his distraction, a possibly-familiar Pokemon floated into the room: a Whimsicott, drawn to the sounds of its trainer. It silently floated in the air, closer and closer to its trainer. It didn’t care if Eris or Reiner noticed it, floating down behind Hideo, planting its butt right on the ground with its cotton-covered back facing Hideo.

I wouldn’t say it’s too strange,” Hideo said, “With how much we’ve been finding lately, people living on a giant turtle isn’t that absurd. Heck, Torterra kinda still do that - for smaller Pokemon. Maybe it could bear a city if they started Mega-evolving!” With stuff like the basement in the Arceus Church, Hideo was learning the world was a lot stranger than he expected.

The whole amulet business was still looming around him, but he tried not to think on it right now; he wanted a nice time to relax, and he was fairly sure Eris was facing the same frustrations he did.

And I can kinda relate to her,” There was a grin on his face. “I’d sneak out late at night to go look for Pokemon to catch. I could only really stick around Slateport, but I got to check out a lot of different spots. Kinda crazy how many Pokemon are just wandering around the city.” He could recall ranting to him about how poorly-run things were for it to get like that, but to Hideo, it just meant more Pokemon.

Not really a lot of fireflies to guide me, though, but I had Pokemon for that~” If Slateport even had any fireflies.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 9:11:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
"Oh, it isn't over yet." She muses, her gaze fluttering with the movement of the Whimsicott. "So you see, the girl and the talking tree got along really well. She was careful to never let her secret meetings slip and would always cover her trails."
[break][break]
Then what had caused the fall?
[break][break]
"One day, travellers from another land came unannounced and they saw her speaking to the tree. They had thought that she was some kind of divine priestess and sought the village that worshipped such a strange god. But when they found the village chief and asked him about it, the chief grew furious and called the other adults to prepare their axes.
[break][break]
'We must rid our lands of such dangerous creatures before it corrupts the forest and poisons the land!' He proclaimed, 'We too, must sacrifice the child that dares to break our laws. In bearing her heart to the lands, will we stop the pokemon from stealing our home.'
[break][break]
The girl who had just returned to the village was immediately caught and dragged to the meeting grounds. And they would waste no time in killing her, carving her heart out and spilling her blood on the ground.
[break][break]
The tree would taste the blood seeping through the soil, his tears unstoppable as his cries shook the earth. The lake would begin to overflow, rising to sweep through the forest and soon wash away the village, all the villagers included. All except the poor girl that had broken the rules.
[break][break]
The tree would rise from the raging waters, then a strange island decorated by an entire forest; then a giant head, shoulders and feet. Driven to tears over the loss of a friend, the World Turtle had risen from his domain of rest and sought ways to bring her back to life.
[break][break]
The fruits of his tree would form the core of her heart, the thick and sturdy wood become a firm and protective armour that would stop any knives that tried to steal it. The vines that creeped along the trees would grow into veins that would help her heart to beat once more. And all the memories that they had shared together would turn into the small shred of soul that would forever be kept in that little container.
[break][break]
With that, the soul-heart was created and placed within her chest, allowing life to return to the girl. Reunited, the World Turtle made a promise never to let another human hurt her ever again. And from that day forward, they would travel together, across the tallest mountains and deepest oceans - Always to a new adventure."

[break][break]
She pauses to take a breath, her fingers lifting off the page as she looks to Hideo.
[break][break]
"It gets kinda grim but looking back, it was one of my favourite bedtime stories." Tucked up in her little bed, swaddled in a hand-stitched quilt that reflected the map of Kanto. It had been an idyllic life hidden away from the world's eyes. "I used to live right next to a forest, a little bits away from Vermilion City. Sometimes, I'd walk through the woods with Reiner and try talking to trees, hoping that one would start talking back."
[break][break]
She laughs, gently rubbing Reiner's snout.
[break][break]
"In spring, there would be tons of flowers and many birds would start flying back as it grew warmer. In summer, there'd be wild fruits and berries, and we'd start planting crops in our garden."
[break][break]
The more she speaks, the quieter she gets - Slowly but surely, she's losing herself to the memories.
[break][break]
"Autumn would make the trees all colourful and we'd get to watch the pokemon start to migrate. And then winter..."
[break][break]
Tears drip onto her hand, warm and salty as they brush past her lips. A mild look of alarm flashes across Reiner's face, his snout wrinkling as he gently pulls her close.
[break][break]
"Winter..." A quiet breath to ease her nerves, a shudder that runs through her body. "We'd go sledding and we'd make gingerbread cookies... sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2022 23:24:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded, letting Eris continue with her story.

Partway through, he adjusted himself, leaning back - and raising an eyebrow as he felt cotton, followed by the distinct snickering of a Whimsicott. Hideo smiled, leaning all the way back into his impromptu cushion as he continued listening.

"That is a pretty grim story." The girl had died, and the villagers were drowned in retaliation. "But I kinda get it? The tree and her shared a really close bond, and in the end, the two were able to overcome death to reunite with each other. Even if both had changed along the way."

Though nowadays, the status quo changed frequently. Hideo's life already changed dramatically, and he knew it wasn't going to go back all the way when he returned. And who knew what was waiting around the corner?

Still, he didn't miss Eris's reminiscing about her life. Likely when her parents were still around. And she got quieter as she spoke. He could get an inkling about how it was making her feel.

Divert.

"Must've been nice to get snow every winter," he said, smiling. "Hoenn's lucky if it gets real snow more than twice a year. And that big snowfall we had a bit ago was a real surprise. We usually gotta get Pokemon to get enough snow for snowboys." And with how uncommon ice-types were in Hoenn, that wasn't often. "Didn't stop us from drinking hot cocoa or eating cookies through~"

He'd be lying if he said he didn't miss that stuff. But he could enjoy it again after he was done with the gym circuit.

"Winter for me was a lot of staying cooped up inside though. Or getting stuffed into so many jackets I could barely move my arms and legs. And I barely got to do any sledding."

He folded his arms. "I lose one tooth, and my parents say it's too risky to let me again sled. It was a baby tooth too!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 16:27:22 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
How quickly Hideo grasps onto the truth of the story... it had taken her years to acknowledge such a strange and morbid concept. But perhaps, having experienced it first hand was the reason she'd come to accept it. On the other hand, the subject of winter might be a small distraction, but Eris still winces a little at the bittersweetness of memories overflowing.
[break][break]
"I lost lotsa my baby teeth through freak accidents and stuff." She's quick to latch onto an entirely different topic where the chance arises, her fingertips carefully pressing against one another as she thinks things through. "There was that time where I fell out of a tree and another time where it got knocked out while I was fighting one of the older kids."
[break][break]
Childhood had really been one hell of a trip in and of itself. Even now, she can still feel the stinging of a poorly thrown punch dancing on her knuckles when she clenches her fist.
[break][break]
"At some point, pa got worried I'd lose all my baby teeth before they were even ready to go. Made me promise to be extra careful and always bring one of his pokemon along if Reiner and I were gonna go explore. Momma kinda laughed and told me not to go too wild, or I'd end up needing dentures." With her fingers busy with braiding locks of Reiner's mane, Eris finds it easier to keep her vice steady, taking her time to verbalise her thoughts just as her mind wished to.
[break][break]
"They care in their own ways. But sometimes, they can care too little or a little too much, huh?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 20:21:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
That latter part got Hideo’s attention the most. “You got into a lot of fights with people?” he asked. He could understand her learning to fight to defend herself - heck, he could still remember the two of them fighting off that Sylveon - but he never took her for a very fighty person. “Worst fights I ever got into were with my siblings, and they were never ‘punch your teeth out’ bad.

Bruises, maybe. But nothing permanent ever came of their scraps. “I wish I could’a had the chance to lose baby teeth in accidents. I don’t have any to lose now~

He let out an exaggerated sigh, a comical frown on his face - he didn’t actually want to lose his teeth like that, but a dull life under his parents’ thumbs didn’t leave him with much to do. Even if there was the risk of harm with his new freedom, he at least got to have control over his life.

His exaggerated expression went away when Eris actually mentioned their parents’ overattentiveness, now a genuine look of displeasure. “Yeah, they really can,” he muttered aloud. “Though I guess I kinda follow that idea too; I usually keep a couple Pokemon out when I’m going along routes, in case a Pokemon gets one of them fast like with that Sylveon.

At least him and Eris were there together; if it were just him alone, he wouldn't know how to handle himself...

My parents kinda drilled it into me that I should keep a Pokemon out whenever I’m by myself. It was usually my Lycanroc, and he’s still really reliable. Kinda like it sounds like Reiner is to you.

Hideo still wasn’t aware that Reiner was right there.

With how crazy everything is now, I’d feel defenseless if I didn’t have one with me.  And they make good company too.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 0:47:13 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Used to." She echoes, quietly rubbing her knuckles. "Never really got along well with other kids. So I got pulled out of school and all..."
[break][break]
It's funny, how the memories so easily rise to the surface even after all these years of repressing them.
[break][break]
"I think the one main difference is that Reiner and I are kinda like... siblings? Of a sort. We can fight on our owns and be apart from each other... But we've been together since we were babies and well now, we're all that we have left..."
[break][break]
As family, as friends, as someone that can be relied upon to help weather the storm. The calm in a flood of emotions, the melody to keep them company through the darkest of nights. Never one without the other, never left behind. They have to keep pace with one another, they have to grow if only to ensure that they can keep providing what the other needs.
[break][break]
"Even if the world changes and the people around me leave me behind again, we will always have each other... that's what we promised, after all."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 23:55:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"I wonder what they kept doing to deserve you beating them," Hideo joked, lying back into his fluffy Whimsicott. With the way she handled that Sylveon, he could only guess she won most of those fights.

Hideo nodded along as Eris went into detail about her relationship with Reiner. "It's nice to have someone to rely on like that. Person or Pokemon."

He made himself nice and comfortable in his fluffy, cottony seat. "My Lycanroc hasn't been around for my whole life, but he's been with me so long he's like another sibling. My Ambipom and Beheeyem have been around for a while too, and I've been with them as they all grew." He could still remember them when they were smaller - all their little sounds, how they behaved, the funny habits they had.

Heck, even his early catches - his Ariados, his Ribombee, his Aggron, his Gardevoir - were close to his heart. He'd helped them grow into what they were now, and they were all doing their best to help him grow in turn.

"I know whenever things get tough, I'll have them to rely on. They're all practically siblings now...even though I got human siblings!" He couldn't resist smirking at his little joke.

Though it had been some time since he'd been in contact with his actual siblings. He had to wonder how they were handling everything without him. Hopefully, they were doing well in all the chaos.

No doubt his parents were still trying to track him down. To no avail.

"But I get it: it's good to have someone you can rely on. And heck, you can rely on us too! I know I wouldn't have gotten this far if I hadn't become friends with all you guys!" Meeting and befriending , along with the rest of the Follies, really was the big event that got him to where he was now.

And he couldn't be more grateful about it.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2022 13:51:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"They called my family a bunch of weirdos, just because they didn't get the importance of understanding the ones and the truth that created this world. Kept trying to pick on me cos they figured I was chasing fairytales."
[break][break]
And now she was buried deep in the land of the roaming gods, trying her best to hang on whilst the earth changed according to their every whim.
[break][break]
"I probably wouldn't have been here if it weren't for you guys, so... I guess there's a bit of trust there..."
[break][break]
But perhaps, not quite enough for her to reveal some things just yet.
[break][break]
"Would you stop me if I ever tried to hurt someone else?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Chrysanthemum
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 0:08:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along as Eris spoke. “I can say the same about you guys too! I’d probably still be at home, bored out of my mind if I didn’t have you all around.” Would he have even gone through with running away if he didn’t have the confidence instilled from his experiences with the Follies?

He didn’t know. It wasn’t a thought he liked to entertain.

But his smile evened out at the question. There was a brief moment as he had to process what she’d just asked him. He didn’t know what extent she meant by “hurt”, or if that “someone else” was a specific person.

It was especially odd after she told him about all those fights she got in.

Well...I, uh, guess it depends on why you’re trying to hurt them? Like, if they’re trying to hurt you, it’s ok to fight back. We gave that Sylveon a beating when it attacked us in the woods.” That was a legitimate life-or-death situation - he had no objections to fighting for their lives. “Doesn’t matter if it’s a Pokemon or a person.

But there was also another consideration to make. “...It also matters how bad you try to hurt them.