awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
the most dangerous game [m]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 2:18:41 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie had heard the rumors of someone being trapped in the water routes. Though, the more the days went along, the rumors were turning from trapped to drowned. It was quite terrifying to imagine.

She certainly didn't think that she would be called upon to investigate the situation.

However, Jessie was equipped with ice Pokemon, who could be useful in freezing over the water to cross if there was no other way through. And her plethora of fairy-types may come in handy as well.

"I really hope this isn't another dead body situation..." she mumbled to herself as she prepared for the trek.

She recalled finding that dead body in the abandoned warehouses of Slateport and having to call her brother, , to investigate it. It still stuck with her to this day, it felt like.

Jessie approached the area, her Poke balls in hand in case they needed to be used. She wondered who she'd work with today.
@ open
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Little crises help you relish the calm.
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 0:56:40 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

LITTLE CRISES HELP YOU RELISH THE CALM

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Driscoll checked his watch with a nearly inaudible sigh. He should have expected some degree of work to be thrown his way that didn't necessarily mesh with his primary strengths, but as green as he was, he'd take any opportunity to gain a little clout where he could.
[break][break]
He'd gotten to the assigned area well ahead of time, so it was ultimately his own fault that he was now reduced to counting the minutes and regarding the clear sky with an almost resentful intensity. Missing persons were normally a cause of little concern to Driscoll - particularly as he'd been responsible for one or two little vanishing acts much earlier in his career - but the fascinating point about the current situation was the notion that, in theory, this area should be no more dangerous than usual. If, perchance, something out of the ordinary were involved to prompt a disappearance that eluded even the regular patrols of the safety personnel along the route, well, that would be remarkably interesting to catalogue.
[break][break]
At Jessie's approach, he straightened slightly, a genial smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Ah, I suppose I'll be assisting you today?" He inquired with a slight tilt of his head. He extended one hand for a shake, nodding in greeting. "Doctor Henry Driscoll, physiologist. I'm afraid my pokemon aren't well-equipped to handle water travel on their own, such as it is, but with any luck we shouldn't have to worry about it too much, don't you suppose?"

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

Tagged:
Notes: DEADLY JOB

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5f9474;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 19:30:02 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
It seemed she was not alone as she approached.

In fact, Jessica appeared to be the one that was late, if anything. She looked over the man that she was joining, speckled in glasses and seemingly friendly.

But she had learned, slowly, that not everyone was who they appeared on the outside. Nevertheless, she took his hand and shook it, offering a genuine smile.

"Jessica. You can call me Jessie, though."

Her Delphox, Finn, came up behind her, staying close to his trainer. Their bond was inseparable, as he was never kept his in Poke ball. He regarded Henry was a quick look up and down before giving a small nod to him, his fingered paw playing with the stick that hid in his fur like a sleeve.

"That's alright. I have several ice-types that can help us traverse the waters should we require them. Are you ready?"
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2022 20:51:13 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

"A pleasure to meet you, Jessie," Driscoll nods, eyes gleaming brightly from behind his spectacles. If he notices the Delphox assessing him, he gives no reaction to it, instead hefting his bag from one shoulder to the other. Perceptive little thing.
[break][break]

Well, if he's to be investigating foul play in the expansive waters of the Hoenn region, he's at least marginally more happy to do so if his partner has both a means of traversing the terrain and a mind to get it done efficiently. "Most certainly, or at least as ready as I can be for the vagaries of this particular assignment."
[break][break]
He flashes a charmingly rueful grin at this, running his free hand through his short hair in a nervous gesture. "Do you have any details on the parameters? I'm afraid all I was told involved a missing person, and it seems like a broad area to investigate. Any ideas, perchance? I'm a little green when it comes to this sort of work, frankly."

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 2:01:17 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Details? Well, truth be told, Jessie wasn't given many either.

Which would definitely serve this as an interesting adventure for a missing person.

"I wasn't give more than you were, unfortunately. I hardly do work like this, and even when I do, I'm usually with someone higher than my rank."

Or with .

Truth be told, they had done a lot of work together as of late, and she had always let him taken the lead. But, she had to learn how these things worked eventually, right?

Hopefully she wouldn't get herself killed.

"I say we look for some clues, something that may suggest foul play or a struggle. If we can't find anything like that, then we begin a deeper search. How does that sound?"
[/blockquote]
[/div]
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 2:40:13 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Ah, the classic case of the blind leading the blind. At least Henry doesn't need to worry about being on the back foot with regards to information.
[break][break]
"Well, then, it looks like we've got our work cut out for us! I really do hate getting my hands dirty, but, hm. Perhaps this is a chance for the both of us to get a little more reliability." He grinned wryly at Jessie, the irony of the situation not lost on him. It was a far cry from his usual test tubes and fluorescent lights, but field research was still research, he supposed.
[break][break]
He turned in place, pointing to a stretch of sand across a shallow inlet with a frown. "There's some debris on that sandbar, and it's a bit far removed for the usual, mm, tourists. Perhaps we start there, if you don't mind getting your feet wet."
[break][break]
Henry tipped Jessie a jaunty salute, two fingers against his brow, before he carefully maneuvers toward the indicated area. His boots splash through the water messily, though it doesn't really reach any higher than mid-calf on the man, and although the ground underfoot was not the most conducive to travel by foot, it didn't look as though it would take long to reach the other side.
[break][break]
He squinted, trying to get a better look at the area as he approached, distaste twisting his mouth into a scowl. "What on earth...?"
[break][break]
Though not much littered the sandbar as he tramped inelegantly across the sand, amid the usual seashells and detritus were several pieces of cloth: a black shirt emblazoned with a Charja Cola logo, a pair of jeans, and one grubby sneaker were half-buried in the sand and bleached from days of exposure, while nearby the rounded edge of a duffel bag peeked out from beneath a dune. Clearly, someone had been here, but not for several days, and it appeared that they didn't expect to stay gone.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 5:37:12 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica turned her head toward the sandbar Henry pointed out. It was a great catch. One she hadn't noticed.

Ah, she needed to do better...

"A little water won't hurt us. Besides, I have some help that can make a path."

Releasing her Aurorus, she allowed him to create a thick, icy path for them to cross, since she was sure the water below was cold. And she didn't really come prepared with adequate shoes for trekking water.

The sand revealed a myriad of clues. All pointing toward foul play. Or having to run from danger. A bad feeling formed in the pit of her stomach. She released her Crabominable and Milotic.

"Keep an eye on us. Just in case."
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 1:26:05 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Henry waited for Jessica to approach, nodding approvingly as her Aurorus made a serviceable path for her to cross. "I suppose that's a more reasonable way of going about it. I can't confess that patience is one of my virtues, unfortunately."
[break][break]
He chuckled wryly, though the humor quickly faded from his features as he took in the surroundings a bit more closely. Whatever had transpired here, it couldn't have been good for the person involved. Still, what an odd place to be abducted from - or worse.
[break][break]
As Jessica released her Milotic and Crabominable, Henry nodded to himself and tossed out a pokeball of his own, a Baltoy appearing in a flash of light. Perhaps not the most useful in a fight, but that's not necessarily what the man was bracing himself for. "Ambrose, get that bag loose, if you would."
[break][break]
The Baltoy offered an affirmative chirp in response, twirling over to the mostly-buried duffel bag and vibrating gently in midair. The sand around the duffel bag seemed to shiver and shake in response, sloughing away as the buried bag was slowly unearthed. Henry reached down gingerly, pulling open the zipper with a tug and lifting a corner of the bag to send its contents spilling across the sandbar.
[break][break]
The bag, it seemed, didn't offer a great deal more in the way of clues: a cell phone, a keyring with a small Furfrou figurine attached, an airline ticket from Lumiose City to Slateport, and a map of Hoenn with one particular stretch highlighted among the water routes - the bit Henry and Jessica were now standing on, in fact.
[break][break]
Henry reached down to pick up the map, shaking a bit of grit off of it before showing it to Jessica, tilting his head curiously. "Looks like we have a tourist on our hands."

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 5:53:42 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie, on the other hand, waited patiently as Henry's Baltoy uncovered the sand from the duffle bag. She approached, Finn coming behind her, as he opened the bag.

As he removed the contents, she looked over them herself.

None of them served as interest of her besides the phone. She opened it, but it seemed to be dead, drained of its battery from abandonment and no use. That certainly wasn't helpful.

"Perhaps if we get this back to an area on land, we can charge it..."

If they had the right chargers for it.

Putting the phone in her bag, Jessie looked over the map. Tourist. Why would they come out here?

"Perhaps looking for treasure?"
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 0:04:11 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

"It's possible," Henry conceded with a nod as Jessica looked over the phone. "Provided it hasn't sustained too much damage from exposure." He glanced over the map, flipping it over to the back side before righting it. "Treasure? I can't imagine, not here. And to come all the way from Kalos? Surely there are wild goose chases much closer to home for that."
[break][break]
Passing the map to Jessica, he turned his attention to the airline ticket. "Hugo Bonhomme? Certainly sounds like we've got a Kalosian to deal with." He flapped the ticket idly at the map that Jessica now held, frowning. "I don't know that this really gives us much to go on - the route is still fairly broad to search, and I don't have any water-types handy for a diving mission to see if the poor fellow's bit it at the bottom of the seafloor."
[break][break]
Henry regarded Jessica with a curious expression, sucking thoughtfully on his teeth. "Well? It appears we have few options. We have a name, which gives us a target to research. We have a phone, provided it's not too damaged to be of use to us. What course of action would you prefer?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 17:32:12 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
If it wasn't treasure, then Jessie was not sure why this person would come to Hoenn. Of course, her opinion may be a biased one, but...

Hoenn was dangerous. She would have stayed in Kalos, if she had been this individual.

"Allow me. I'll send my Milotic to investigate below before we make any further decision."

Ava, the Milotic, was now off guard duty, giving a small nod of indication to her trainer that she understood her task. A few slithers toward the edge of the water, and she dove in, ever graceful. Jessie waited for her to resurface for any indication of a body below.

The serpentine Pokemon emerged shortly after, coming back to land. A shake of her head confirmed it: no body was found below.

"Alright. Thank you, Ava. Mr. Driscoll, you're a scientist. I say we should split these tasks up between us."

With the phone resting in her bag, Jessie looked back at the man.

"I know I won't be good at researching. You, however, should excel in it, right? I can take the phone and dig around. See what I find. Shall we go to the nearest café and conduct our research together?"
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 22:54:41 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

ANTICIPATE EVERY EVENTUALITY

Henry offered a thin smile, unshouldering his bag and tugging the zipper open with some small amount of satisfaction. "We could," he acknowledged, rummaging about, "And yet I have some concerns that we would merely be driven back to this point again for further reconnaissance. With your permission, I propose a more efficient method that will minimise our aggregate time in the...wild."
[break][break]
After moving a few items aside with a slight frown, Henry withdrew a small, flat box, one side concave in the shape of a rectangle, the other strung with numerous wires connecting various copper solder-points. "A prototype compact power generator," he offered, holding the device out to Jessica. "Regardless of the technology, if that phone has a battery of any sort in it, this should get it running as long as it stays in contact. Just press it against the flat side."
[break][break]
He returned to rifling through his bag, at length coming up with a small notebook computer, which he balanced on one palm with a practiced motion, raising the lid with his free hand. "Bonhomme, Bonhomme," he murmured, his free hand dancing across the keyboard with evident muscle memory. "If we are able to conduct our research here, it stands to reason that we shan't have to stay here much longer, don't you suppose?"
[break][break]
He glanced to Jessica with a wry smile. "Will your Milotic alert you if it's found anything?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 4:33:42 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie looked at him with an almost confused question. She clearly did not understand what he meant, that there could be a way to be driven back here. Surely once they gathered their information, they could be on their merry way, right?

However, she watched as he pulled out a power generator and his own laptop. She took the generator from him, digging through her bag to find the phone and a way to charge it.

It lit up green, then orange, signifying that it had begun to charge.

"Well, I suppose you are right. I didn't realize you would have ample supplies on you like this or a connection to be able to research," she said, referring to the way she was able to charge the phone now thanks to his generator.

Jessie decided to send Ava back into the water, to explore a wider breadth than she had previously. With grace, the Milotic disappeared again.

"She will. She just told us a minute ago that she didn't see anything down there. Though I suppose you were too busy digging in your bag to notice."
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 2:39:17 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

"Ah, well, I can't say I've been assigned to a field mission like this before, so I assumed better to be overprepared than under," Henry grinned ruefully, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. I'm not getting much other than a result for Venetia Bonhomme. Looks like some sort of socialite, which means money. I'm not certain a trust fund brat would make it all the way out here to hunt some treasure. Thrill-seeking, rather, if I know the type."
[break][break]
And he's missed another conversational point, it seems. "Ah, my apologies! She must be very fast indeed." He gave a nervous laugh toward Jessica, shrugging his shoulders slightly. "I imagine we're to find out what happened, though without further evidence this may be as far as we get. Short of a body, given his mother's apparent wealth, I'm going to assume a kidnapping of sorts. Do you suppose that's enough to report back with, provided we don't manage to uncover any concrete evidence of foul play?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 3:32:09 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie held her tongue. Why the hell would someone willingly come to Hoenn, she wondered to herself. Then again, her move here had been rather forced. Her opinion was incredibly biased.

"Kidnapping, huh..."

Jessie scratched her head. Was it worth it to get involved further than this? She truly didn't think so, not for herself personally. She didn't know what Henry would think. But she knew her own stance on this.

"My own opinion is give the information we've gathered to the authorities and allow them to go further. I don't think I wish to sully my hands with a potential kidnapping."

Foul play. The evidence they had...

"I think so. Do you think we should go back, then?"