awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
home is where the heart is [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 23:56:40 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
his expression sours. surely she must be joking. she'd been there when he'd made the call. his gaze lingers over the champagne in her hands. he takes a sip of his own and muses. she's been around powerful people when drinking before - this he knows. it can't be possible that she'd slip. she wouldn't do that to him. she's better than that. 

he attributes it to a fluke. summer prescott has not lost her edge

impatience ripples over his fingertips as they tap against the table. "i'm just going to find out if he's seen your brother. fret not, darling. and why don't you try some of my dish?" he holds a spoonful out, but his wrist turns. 

the food falls onto her chest and into her lap and he's quick to wave away the servers that are watching. 

"i'm sorry, my dear. slip of the hand. why don't you go clean yourself up?" 
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,145 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 14:10:44 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Of course, Summer had not noticed his subtle change in mood. Her own paranoia, the chill running down her spine, kept her mind distracted and occupied. Of course her father would be disappointed in her right now.

She was not the that he had trained her to be, sitting in front of him. She was cracking, and it was clear. He had to know that there was a contributing factor to her slipping.

And was definitely an integral piece.

Summer's eyes snap back up as he changed to subject to food. Of course. They shouldn't dwell on a topic like this for as long as it needed to be. However, even as she leaned forward, the food he held out to her fell, falling on the tops of her chest and then onto the skirt of her dress.

"Oh... Father..."

A hint of disappointment was clear in her voice, since the dress was going to be stained. She only hoped that it was able to come out. However, Summer nodded, pushing herself from the table and standing.

"Excuse me. I'll be right back."

And she disappeared. Perhaps the biggest mistake of her life was leaving her phone unattended, her mind not thinking clearly as she walked to the bathroom.
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 18:13:31 GMT
knox prescott Avatar
he looks after her as she excuses herself. her silver hair spins down her back, dress drawn around her sides. she's his silver dagger. his femme fatale, disarming his enemies during board meetings and keeping his grunts in line.

his gaze drops to the phone. his palm rests over it. deft fingers light up the screen. he guesses her passcode on the second try. and there it is. an unknown number with shared messages back and forth - sweet things. check-ins. reminders that everything is okay. that he's safe. that he's being kept safe. 

that sam's keeping him safe

he tucks the name away for later. the boy they have now is being strung up as they speak. his limits are being tested. and if he does not prove useful in the manner merrick had intended, then counter-measures will be taken. 

he copies the number into his phone and carefully places her back where it had been. by the time she reappears, he's lazily circling the edge of his champagne glass with a finger. 

"ah, darling, i'm so sorry that it's been stained. i'll have another sent to you before the week is over."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights