[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

LITTLE CRISES HELP YOU RELISH THE CALM

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Although the festivities of the season are winding to a close, Henry feels he's obligated to at least attempt participating in seasonal recreation of some sort. It's what people do, yes? Of course. It would be...weird, if he didn't. He'd heard it enough in the past - no one likes a stuffy nerd. He scoffs, pulling his long woollen coat a bit more tightly around him, a sudden chill breeze tugging at his scarf.
[break][break]
Wandering Slateport is not a new activity for him, but catching sight of the skating rink currently occupying one corner of the park certainly is. Surveying the frozen pond - or puddle - he tilts his head slightly, as though weighing his options. Not too crowded, this late in the day. Why not?
[break][break]
He passes a few notes to the attendant, murmuring, "Size twelve, please." He accepts a well-used but serviceable pair of skates and, with some difficulty due to the leather gloves currently protecting his hands, manages to remove his shoes in favor of the more recently-acquired footwear.
[break][break]
A long, slow inhale provides a sense of peace and clarity to him, as this time of year always seems to, the cold energizing and refreshing him rather than causing him to recoil. Standing, he carefully negotiates his way across the frost-kissed turf to the rink's entrance, sliding onto the ice in a smooth, unbroken movement.
[break][break]
It's not until his glide sees him approach a curve in the wall that he recalls he's never ice-skated a day in his life.
[break][break]
"Yeeeargh!" He yelps, arms windmilling as he attempts to correct his course, only succeeding in plowing straight into the skater ahead of him and sending them both tumbling down. He supposes here lies the irony in trying to perform an outdoor activity.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

Tagged:
Notes: BREAK THE ICE

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5f9474;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 3:42:19 GMT
Georgette Bluebottle Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Niramit:400,400i,700][googlefont=Dosis:300]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/4XK687X.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a:hover"]color: #8D92A6 !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a:hover"]color: #989EB3;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkisavelight]
[attr=class,punkisavelightimage]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttags]

[attr=class,punkisavelightlyrics]
[attr=class,punkisavelighttopslant]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim
[attr=class,punkisavelightbottomslant]
[attr=class,punkisavelightseparator]

0370 words
[attr=class,punkisavelighttext]
Ice skating had been one of her favourite ways to spend an afternoon free of chores back in Snowbelle City, and while she was hardly anywhere near a professional level, she was a more than passable amateur by her own estimation. Thus, when she saw an advertisement for a skating rink set up temporarily in Slateport Park, Georgette knew how her afternoon would be spent. Bundling up in a warm coat, mittens, and a scarf, she wished her pokemon goodbye for the time being - allowing them to wander around the hotel room, she cracked a window to ensure the room was comfortably cool enough, her Wooloo instructed with gravitas, "You're in charge now, Hershel. Don't let them tear the place down." She the laughed softly as the door was closed and locked behind her, her phone then pulled out and a map app pulled up to aid in her directions.
[break][break]
Moving at a leisurely pace, Georgette mused with some regret that her ice skates were back home, hoping instead that the rink had a rental booth set up. The trip was thankfully uneventful, her phone chiming instructions to the park, and then the signs posted here and there. To her delight she discovered skates were indeed for rent, and after piping out a grateful "Size seven. Thank you!" she trots over to one of the benches to lace them up.
[break][break]
With a hop and skip Georgette is off and around the ice, her movements slow and purposeful as she warms up. During her second time around the rink, an odd sound begins to draw her attention behind her, before something heavy slams into her and sends her flying - it's a small miracle the pair lands in a snowbank together instead of slamming into the ice itself.
[break][break]
Arms akimbo, one mitten nearly half-way off her hand and her hat some distance away in the snow, Georgette carefully lifts herself onto her elbows, her wide eyes slowly sliding askance at the nearby man. Appearing somewhat frazzled, the ivory-haired woman lifts a hand to dust a bit of snow out of her hair as she laughs out, "First time?" Then, with some evident concern, "Did you hurt anything?"
[attr=class,punkisavelightsecondarylyrics]

but the heart shall ever last
[attr=class,punkisavelightcredit]template by punki
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Little crises help you relish the calm.
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 23:26:55 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

Henry manages to land in a face-up sprawl, limbs splayed in an ungainly fashion. Taking a moment to recover from the fall, he lifts his head from the drift and looks about, glasses askew, trying to orient on the speaker. "I-I'm so terribly sorry," he stammers, his gaze snagging on Georgette. His eyes widen slightly - he's liable to have killed this poor, innocent young woman in his misguided attempts to skate. Perhaps he should have purchased a festive winter puzzle instead.
[break][break]
He moves to stand up, serving to slough off clumps of snow this way and that as he manages to do so with only marginal sliding before he grips onto the low wall of the rink with both hands in an effort to forestall another accident. "My first time, y-yes," he murmurs, glancing downward. His cheeks are reddened, though from embarrassment or the cold is anyone's guess. "I'm rather unscathed, except for my pride, but what about you? I daresay you weren't expecting to be accosted on the rink."
[break][break]
He lifts one hand from the rail and reaches for Georgette, as though to help her up, then thinks better of it as one skate attempts to slide out from under him. He hastily reaches back and grips onto the rail again with a nervous laugh, canting his head to one side in apology. "That obvious, I suppose?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 4:44:39 GMT
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkisavelight"]background: #ffffff; width: 450px; margin: auto; border-right: 40px solid #DBDCE6;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightimage"]background: url('https://i.imgur.com/4XK687X.jpg'); height: 200px; background-position: center; background-size: cover; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightlyrics"]height: 40px; padding: 15px 0; text-align: center; background: #A3A9C0; font-family: 'Dosis'; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; line-height: 20px; font-weight: 300; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttopslant"]float: left; width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 3px solid transparent; border-left: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: -18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightbottomslant"]width: 0; height: 0; float: right; border-bottom: 3px solid transparent; border-right: 450px solid #A3A9C0; margin-top: 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightsecondarylyrics"]height: 30px; line-height: 30px; background: #A3A9C0; text-align: center; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-size: 12px; font-family: 'Niramit';[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttags"]display: inline-block; float: left; margin-left: -200px; margin-top: 145px; width: 120px; height: 30px; background: #ffffff; transition: 0.5s; text-align: right; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 11px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags a"]font-size: inherit !important; font-family: inherit !important; transition: 0.3s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttags div"]width: 80px; height: 30px; float: right; background: linear-gradient(to right,#ffffff,transparent); margin-right: -80px; margin-left: -50px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelight:hover .punkisavelighttags"]margin-left: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator"]margin: 25px 15px; margin-bottom: 0px; height: 1px; background: linear-gradient(to right,transparent,#CFD4E6,transparent); text-align: center; line-height: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightseparator div"]display: inline-block; padding: 0 10px; background: #ffffff; line-height: 10px; height: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: calibri; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #989EB3; text-transform: uppercase; position: relative; top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelighttext"]padding: 25px; padding-top: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; font-family: verdana; color: #83889A; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext b"]color: #7D87A6; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelighttext i"]color: #989EB3; font-family: 'Niramit'; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit"]width: 490px; text-align: right; line-height: 15px; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #6e6e6e; font-family: 'Niramit'; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".punkisavelightcredit a"]font-weight: bold; color: #7D87A6; transition: 0.3s; font-family: inherit;[/newclass]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0279 words
Georgette gives a little nod at the news it is Henry's first time skating, and with a tilt of her head, she slowly moves her limbs and pats her back with obvious thought. Before long, a smile blossoms, and she assures her uncoordinated acquaintance, "Nothing broken or hurt!" With that spoken she pulls her askew mitten fully on, and leans over to search for her hat in the snow - after a moment she manages to locate it, snow brushed out from both its inside and outside.
[break][break]
Situating the hat back upon her curls, Georgette gathers her knees under her and stands with ease back onto the skates, her mittened hands then moving to dust snow off her side. "Besides," she muses absently to the yet-unknown man in a heavy Kalosian accent, "I would rather get hit by you than an angry Tauros. At least you stop!"
[break][break]
She then says with a lilt of a laugh in her voice, "Yes, I am afraid so." Georgette then pauses to shake more snow off her coat while her blue-green eyes lift to Henry's face. "I can help you learn, no? I have been skating since I was this high!" Smiling widely now, her hand lowers to her knee to indicate her previous age. "It is not so hard, I promise! Plus we do not want you to run into anyone else!" Taking notice of the older man nearly falling as he reaches out his hand to her, a sympathetic look overcomes Georgette and she grabs him at the elbow to ensure he is steady. With a warm timbre, she pipes up encouragingly, "I am Georgette - who are you?"

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 3:17:40 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

"I suppose that's true," Henry laughs nervously, though the relief in his posture, shoulders sagging, at the notion that the younger woman has survived her ordeal is evident. "Oh goodness," he murmurs as Georgette expounds upon her skating history, "That is rather fortuitous indeed." The only thing Henry dislikes more than unnecessary physical activity is being publicly embarrassed, particularly by himself. While not on the top of his list to engage in that which has bested him once already, he weighs the indignity of that against fleeing the rink and making a conscious effort to never be seen by anyone present again, and reasons that the former is likely less effort in the grand scheme.
[break][break]
"Ah, it is very good to meet you, Georgette, though I certainly wish it were under less painful circumstance," he grins lopsidedly. "My name is Henry, and I would be most grateful for your help, if only to protect the next unfortunate soul to be skating ahead of me." He cautiously removes one hand from the rail, holding it out toward Georgette for a shake. "How should I begin?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 8:20:22 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0195 words
Her own smile blossoming brighter, Georgette replies, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Henri." She then laughs softly, her back straightening as she accepts Henry's hand to shake it. With a tip of her head towards the wall he yet clutches like a life-line, the younger woman advises, "We will start at the beginning! Hold onto the wall and get your feet under you, yes?"
[break][break]
As if to demonstrate, the girl moves to Henry's right and grasps the wall with both hands, and then proceeds with a slow turn to face forwards, away from the man. "When you are sure of your feet, shuffle forward. Balance is important, no?" With that spoken, she glances over her shoulder, and then easily flips to begin skating backwards while still holding onto the wall for support - as her student should be.
[break][break]
"Do not let go of the wall!"
She exclaims with importance, and then, while shuffling at a leisurely pace backwards. "Bend your knees a little, it will help," Georgette directs with a critical eye as she sizes up the man's movements. Cautiously, she asks after a few feet, "How do you feel?"

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 23:48:51 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

One hand lifting to straighten his glasses where they've managed to sit, askew, on the bridge of his nose, Henry nods, quickly returning his grip to the wall. Frowning at his feet, he widens his stance slightly until the wobbling diminishes. "Bend the knees, shuffle forward, balance," he murmurs, "It's a bit like learning to ride a bicycle all over again, don't you suppose?"
[break][break]
Despite his misgivings, he does as directed, bending his knees slightly and, once he's certain that his ankles are no longer in danger of slanting to the left or right, manages a shuffle forward, first with his right foot, then his left, all the while accosting the wall with a white-knuckled grip. Though he doesn't manage to make much forward distance, the slow, tentative slide of his skates manages to keep him upright, rather than immediately collapsing once more. "Like this?" he inquires, lifting his gaze away from his boots as though physically searching for Gigi's approval.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 3:31:55 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0201 words

Georgette gives a nod of encouragement as she agrees, "It is like a bicycle, yes! Only with legs and less wheels and different movements!" Her nose wrinkles playfully as a little laugh spills from her lips, "And hopefully less crashes."
[break][break]
She gives an enthusiastic nod at Henry's question, a warm smile spared for the man. "Just like that," she agrees. Shifting easily away from the wall to skate alongside her pupil, Georgette motions to her feet as she instructs, "To move you use your whole leg. Like this."
[break][break]
Digging the tip of her skate subtly into the ice, Georgette pushes off with an exaggerated motion of her left leg to demonstrate the movement. "And when you want to stop," the young woman continues, "there are many ways but I will show you two. First, you point your toes together." Pointing her heels outwards and toes inwards, Georgette instantly slides to a stop on the ice due to her minimum momentum.
[break][break]
The stop is further utilised to execute the second move, her skate moving as if to drag the ice with its tip. "And like this. It will slow you down, and then you can stop better."
[break][break]
"Now you try, Henri!"

close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 0:54:41 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

Henry regards Georgette's patient instruction with calculating attention, nodding as he moves to mirror her motions. "The whole leg, I see."
[break][break]
He sets out carefully, one hand remaining on the wall and the other raised cautiously on his left side. A gentle but steady slide of his right leg sends him gliding slowly forward, rather than the clumsy, tentative progress he was making before. He repeats the motion with his left leg, eyebrows lifting slightly behind fogged glasses as though he's realised he hasn't quite lost his balance yet.
[break][break]
While far from representing the greatest of his sins, pride remains a sore spot for Driscoll, and this lesson manages to exemplify the essence of his internal struggle; he desires to know the inner workings of the world - to know everything he possibly can, as a rule - and cannot hide the flush of shame entirely behind his carefully practiced rueful smile, alternately disgusted and furious with himself at showing weakness in anything, much less being unable to negotiate a frozen disc of ice without the assistance of this slip of a thing.
[break][break]
Approaching a bend in the wall, he carefully digs the tip of his skate into the ice, arresting his forward movement enough that he can angle the tips of his boots together, coming to a functional, if stuttering halt. "Gracious," he murmurs with a grin, "I think it's much easier when you're able to watch someone else do it!"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 19:54:08 GMT
[nospaces]

strength may fail[break]
the eyes grow dim

0286 words

Georgette beams at her pupil, his slips of discomfort ignored and soft praise offered in place of teasing or laughter. "You are doing well," she encourages with a warm smile, her hands occasionally going to Driscoll's elbow to ensure he stays upright. The older man certainly wasn't a natural, but trying was half the battle with skating - the other half balance.
[break][break]
Spinning to face Henry while he wedges his feet together to stop, and enthusiastic, "You stopped without falling!" spills from Georgette's lips; her cheer devoid of sarcasm, her hand clasps on Henry's elbow once more with an supportive squeeze. "A perfect student," Gigi asserts with utmost sincerity, her nose wrinkling playfully as she smiles up at the taller man.
[break][break]
Her gaze absently travels over Henry's shoulder, past the frozen icescape of the park, to land on one of the miniature clock towers displaying the time. Her eyes widening all of a sudden, a soft, "Oh!" spills from Georgette's lips, her hands lifting to cover her mouth briefly before she rushes out to explain, "I have to go, I have a property show! I lost track of time!" Unthinkingly, she reaches out to hug Henry as if he were an old acquaintance, her hands then resting firmly on his elbows to ensure he does not lose his balance when she withdraws.
[break][break]
"I will be here tomorrow, no? Same time. I can teach you more if you would like - if you come again. It was a pleasure to to meet you, Henri! Keep well!"
[break][break]
"Goodbye!"
[break][break]
There is a flurry of movement as Georgette darts away, little more than a streak of ivory across the ice as she disappears into the crowd.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,047 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A Slip of the Skate [WW]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 2:40:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: