awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 21:43:24 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Phew, I've finally made it!" A young woman clad in a dragon onesie exclaimed, as she reached the entrance to Mt. Pyre's cemetery, taking a brief moment to catch her breath after a long trip. She wandered inside, her footsteps echoing on the stone floor as she walked past several rows of tombstones.

"Yamask, Phantump, Froslass... A bunch of Ghosts are said to have been humans in their past lives." The dragon-hooded girl quietly mused, while browsing the Pokédex app on her Rotom Phone. Andrea hadn't come here to pay respects. She was a woman on a mission! Perhaps if she figured out the mystery behind the Human Ghost-ification phenomenon, it would be the key to... Ah, but she was getting ahead of herself. She would have to actually find a Ghost first, if she was lucky.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 22:07:43 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Evette sighed, lightly, as she waited for Primarina to follow. The slightly downtrodden Pokemon took a few moments to come with her, seeming a tad bit sluggish ever since they got here. It was kind of understandable, given the circumstances they had met in. But while Eve did understand, at least to a degree, why the Pokemon acted this way, that did not mean she had to like it of course.
[break][break]
The two of them had been here for a bit now, for she was trying to somehow help this Pokemon get over its issues, but so far to no avail. They hadn’t actually run into any Pokemon yet, but she was fairly certain that it was only a matter of time at this point.
In fact, she briefly thought that it was happening already when she saw horns in the distance. Warily, she stepped out from between the tombstones she had been standing between to take a closer look. However, unless Pokemon had taken to using Rotom phones by now, this one likely was not one of them. Thus, she sighed lightly in relief – only to then turn her head to the side, when she heard another party move there. One that also got her Primarina on alert right away.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 4:46:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HATENNA APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANTICIPATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DAZZLING GLEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEALING WISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRIFLOON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] AFTERMATH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONSTRICT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOCKPILE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIT UP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 10:32:53 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As it turned out, wild Pokémon were abundant even in cemeteries. Andrea didn't notice the Hatenna at first, due to one of the tombstones obscuring her view. Perhaps the other trainer that was perusing the site would have better luck. On the other hand, the Drifloon that floated near the ceiling was clearly visible, and it was just the type Andrea was looking for.

"Yay, a Ghost! Tell me, were you a human in your past life?" The dragon-hooded girl asked, to which the Balloon Pokémon blinked confusedly, before beginning to Stockpile energy, its round body swelling. Andrea began to sweat. "W-wait, what are you trying to do? M-Missy, help!" She stammered, sending out her Kangaskhan to do battle.

Having Stockpiled enough energy, the wild Drifloon released it in the form of its Spit Up attack. The Parent Pokémon recoiled after taking the hit, but nonetheless stood its ground. "Missy, use Dizzy Punch!" The large marsupial made fists with its hands, and hit the Ghost type with a couple of well-timed punches. Bewildered that a Normal move was even able to touch it, Drifloon was left in a vulnerable state of shock and confusion. Andrea threw a Pokéball at it, hoping for the best.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 14:25:59 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

A ghost, naturally, approached. However, it seemed that the odd person that had come here – who at least sounded like a girl but Eve did not want to make no assumptions in that regard – tried to talk to it. Honestly, Eve did not know what to make of it all and started to watch what eventually devolved into a fight there.

In the meantime, her Primarima, seeming slightly distracted, wandered off and instead sought out the little Hatenna, which was also watching the ensuing struggle. The two Pokemon communicated for a bit, until they exchanged moves they liked, it appeared. Hattenna sent out a Healing Wish and in return, Pirmarina sang for it. Only to then pout when the little fairy just fell asleep, seemingly at random.
That did get Eve’s attention, who had focused mostly on the now finished battle, and she sighed once more. Throwing a ball at the little one, she tried to get something out of that at least, before turning back towards the newcomer.
[break][break]
Though, admittedly, she didn’t really much know what to say. In the end, she had nothing good at all. “Well, that was a thing at least, I guess,” she half mumbled, suddenly no longer sure if she really wanted to say anything to a random stranger after all. Did seem slightly weird, really.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 5:26:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BANETTE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INSOMNIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SNATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ELGYEM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TELEPATHY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SIMPLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IMPRISON

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 9:06:07 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I caught my first Ghost! Yay!" Andrea cheered, picking the Pokéball off the floor and storing it inside one of her costume's pockets. "Congrats on your capture too, Miss!" She waved at the dark-skinned lady nearby.

Her own shadow seemed to move, as if it had a mind of its own. A pair of baleful, red eyes emerged from the moving penumbra, followed by a zipper-like mouth that noisily opened, emitting an ear-piercing Screech that forced the young PokéManiac to cover her ears. The baby Kangaskhan started crying, as the Screech had disturbed its nap. That made its mama angry! Missy struck the wild Banette with another Dizzy Punch, sending it crashing into a wall. The Ghost type's eyes turned into swirls.

"Whew... Thanks, Missy." Andrea nodded in gratitude, before throwing one of her spare Pokéballs at the hurt Banette.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 23:59:40 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Her first ghost. Sounded kind of like it was supposed to mean this being the first of many. Which probably was fair to begin with. Lots of trainers had their themes and she could understand the appeal of ghosts. Especially when it came to people who were a bit….out there, to say the least. Which the cheerful young woman over there definitely was, in her opinion.
[break][break]
Not exactly a bad thing, of course. There was always a certain appeal to the more eccentric folks, as far as she was concerned. “Seems like it was more meaningful to you, of course. Congratulations indeed,” she replied, before having to hold her ears briefly when there was a loud screech. Her Primarina, feeling threatened, attacked the Bannette with a Pound – which went straight through it, instead hitting a passing Elgyem and knocking it down. Once Eve had sorted herself out, she through a ball at that one more as an apology, just in case it needed some healing. It was weird to think of it like that, she realized, but it made sense in her head.
“Seems like you are attracting more of them, though.”

[break][break]

+ capture attempt elgyem

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 4:12:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EXEGGCUTE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BULLET SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORRY SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BESTOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH SEED

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DUSCLOPS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FUTURE SIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 9:19:51 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The dragon-hooded girl smiled at the other girl's observation. "Yep! I've gotta catch as many Ghosts as I can to ask them if they were humans in their past lives!" She resolutely declared. Andrea's Kangaskhan gave Evette a pleading look, as if asking her to bear with its trainer's weirdness.

Something was watching them; A single eye glowing in the dark. Missy tried to attack the wild Dusclops, but due to the Pressure the Ghost type was exerting, she found herself completely drained of the ability to use Dizzy Punch. The cyclopean specter capitalized on the opportunity to hit the oversized marsupial with an electrically charged fist, Paralyzing her in the process. "Uh oh... Missy, come back!" Andrea returned her Pokémon into its ball.

Something else caught Andrea's attention; A bunch of egg-shaped coconuts glaring at her with angry eyes. They fired a volley of projectile-like seeds at her, causing the young PokéManiac to panic. "Eek! Go, Chomper!" Her Deino came out of its ball, powering through the Bullet Seed, and Crunching the Exeggcute for super effective damage. "Guess it's not just Ghosts I'll be catching today." Andrea mused, throwing her last Pokéball at the hurt Psychic type.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 21:10:48 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

More fighting. But Primarina just continued to sing at ghosts, not wanting to actually fight but wanting to stop them in their tracks all the same. Doing anything aggressive in this place just felt wrong to her, so Prima simply continued doing what she could do, just serenading the Dusclops over and over until, eventually, it did fall asleep all the same.
[break][break]
Eve, in the meantime, got briefly worried, but found herself sighing in relief when the girl managed to overcome the situation on her own. That means she only had to contend with the other’s….idiosyncrasies. “Uhm, how do you ask them that? And why? I mean, I caught a few ghosts already, but I never really considered asking them anything about their past. It kind of just seems rude to me, I guess.” She briefly scratched her cheek due to something between embarrassment and confusion about this. [break][break]
Once again, she tossed her own Pokeball at the sleeping Pokemon, then returned to dragon-girl. “But why does that interest you so much? I mean, we do know that some Pokemon might have been humans in life, but what use would it be to know?”

[break][break]

+ catching dusclops

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 2:49:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]ANDREA CAUGHT THE EXEGGCUTE!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BULLET SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORRY SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BESTOW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH SEED

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]EVETTE CAUGHT THE DUSCLOPS!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRESSURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FUTURE SIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 10:13:11 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Knowing if a Ghost was a human in its previous life is SUPER important!" Andrea asserted, while picking up the Pokéball containing her newly caught Exeggcute, and storing it inside one of her draconic costume's pockets. "It would prove that there's a definitive way for a human to turn into a Pokémon... by DYING!" She beamed, being uncannily cheerful over such a grim concept.

Chomper yapped worriedly, clearly fretting about his trainer's well-being. The dragon-hooded girl reached down to pet him. "Don't worry, Chomper. I'm not gonna orchestrate my own death just so I can turn into a Pokémon... though that IS an option I'm considering." Wow, she was definitely far gone. "It's all about documenting every case of human-Pokémon metamorphosis out there." She once again asserted, nodding to herself. In an alternate universe, she could've been a competent, if a bit loony researcher.
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 22:06:46 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“I…guess. But that would still mean you are dead. And clearly, these Pokemon aren’t exactly behaving like humans anymore anyway, right?” She did not completely follow the other’s logic here. Even if a human turned into a Pokemon, it certainly was not that person anymore. It was not a continuation of existence in her eyes, so she still did not quite understand why it was of import.
[break][break]
Though what the other said afterwards to her Pokemon did shed some light on it. Apparently, this was about turning into a Pokemon… by quite some bad means. Well, the other assured that she was not going to take those. But that didn’t exactly seem too terribly convincing. “That is a terrible idea. I mean, aside from, well, dying, there is just math, you know? There are billions of humans but not quite as many ghost Pokemon. Even if ghost times were once humans, I don’t believe for a moment that we could just, well, turn anyway.” Eve nodded to herself, arms now crossed. This evidently was something she cared about in some capacity at least.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Ghost of a Chance [DW]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 22:32:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea was initially taken aback by what Evette said. "Math?! Nobody told me there would be math involved! I'm not good at math at all..." She sulked. However, as the dark-skinned beauty elaborated, it turned out that this kind of math - as opposed to boring, regular math - actually made sense.

"Hmmmm, so what you're saying is that some humans might get reincarnated as Ghosts, but not all of them do... Maybe it's got something to do with the way they died, like if their death was tragic, or if they were cursed by another Ghost." The dragon-hooded girl postulated, while humming in deep thought.

After a few more seconds of silent thinking, she shook her head. "This won't do. Clearly I have a lot to learn about Ghost types yet. Anyway, my name is Andrea. Nice to meet you!" She introduced herself, while her Deino curiously sniffed Evette's shoes, before attempting to bite into them, as if to test what material they were made from. "This is Chomper. He does that sometimes..." Andrea explained in an apologetic tone.