thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 1:20:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's expression gives him away before his words can, the wideness of his eyes and the way they quickly dart to the shadows in the room as if expecting their boss to materialize from them. But Darkrai is Lulu's patron, too.

It's a small comfort, he supposes, that if it knew her misgivings it had not shared them with Walsh... or else the Rocket boss did know, and was keeping quiet.

Be careful what you say.

"No," he admits, "but I'm still not sure if he likes me, and I've worked for him over a year now."

A sudden, savage thought comes to mind. If he so much as lifts a finger to Saoirse, I'll kill him myself. It startles him with its severity — Rocket had sufficiently doused the flames of the man that had been Cillian Quinn, forced him into meek servitude to keep his life. Even now he had nightmares, the blood of those he loved spilled by his own hands at the command of the one who held the leash.

Would his sister see it in his eyes, that sudden spark?

'Not here,' he mouths, then says dismissively, "I'm sure it's nothing."

His eyes say otherwise, worry creasing their edges.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 1:56:43 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu no longer wasted time wondering if walsh was in the shadows, watching her, or if he was connected to her mind somehow, listening in on her every thought. it didn’t matter anymore. if he could, he hadn’t done anything... yet.

she regarded her brother closely. he was holding back. could walsh hear them in the office? she wouldn’t be surprised, but again, she felt there was little escaping him considering their mutual bond. with a meteoroid hurling towards the world, and their reality on the brink of collapse, she was done fearing the mysteries between them. now was the time for action.

she caught the spark. read his lips. after glimpsing her own execution in her brother’s nightmare, she had guessed that he would always take the boss’s side. here was a note under the table, with a drop of blood.

her chin raised a little as his had, and she was quiet again at first, unsure of how to continue.

finally, ”well. maybe you’re right. lack of sleep is probably just getting to me. forget i said anything.”

eyes remained on him as she set her dog down, and began to stand.

”we should have dinner again some time.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 19:06:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The worry in his expression is softened by relief when Lulu seems to catch his meaning, read his lips.

"Forgotten," he says, as casually as if they weren't plotting behind the back of their boss. Then, "How about tonight? As long as you don't mind that Temp might be there."

His boyfriend spent more and more time at his place lately, not that Gavin was complaining.

"I've got a few more things to do here at the office," as if this were any other day job, and not the management of a criminal empire, "but I should be heading home for a bit after that."

Unspoken, we need to talk as soon as possible. His heart thuds.