4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 0:56:24 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she made her way through the hall. near the echoing clicks of her heels trotted a houndour puppy no one had seen before, its red eyes bright under the fluorescent beams above.

as they passed the door of the late , memories resurfaced briefly of his kindness, and of the spinning dreamscape necrozma had dragged her into that day months ago. while it remained an itch of curiosity, it also sent a chill up her spine.

what was the crystal? would they ever know?

pushing somewhat horrific thoughts to the back of her mind, she clicked towards cillian’s assistant, and then right on past them, announcing that she was, ”here to see merlino.” duh.

she assumed, as usual, that he would let her right in. she was his sister, after all. and a head scientist. that was important too, probably.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 6:00:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
She's right; Gavin's assistant knows not to bar her entry.

Though all of Rocket's brass share a similar level of exception to his rules of appointment and schedule, Lulu and 's status as his siblings would ensure the underboss might clear his schedule for them at a moment's notice no matter their rank.

The door opens and Gavin sits behind his desk, glasses perched carefully on the bridge of his nose as he scans a report. He looks up when it closes behind her.

"Something important?"

Only a sibling who'd grown up with Cillian Quinn might identify the concern behind his otherwise stoic demeanor.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2022 5:35:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

the door opened, and lulu walked right in.

”i don’t do unimportant things.”

finding and sitting in the chair across from him, her stare hovered briefly over his shoulder, and out the window, expecting to feel the pressure of shadow lugia looming in the depths...

but that attention was quickly on her brother again, noting his concern, like an ethereal ripple in an otherwise stagnant pond in winter.

there was plenty to worry about, that was for sure.

”we need the league.” a second, and her head shook. no, that wasn’t right. ”i mean, we need to infiltrate the league. send people in. figure out what their scientists know.”

a hand went down to scratch gorgo on the top of his head as the pup settled near the pointy toes of her heels.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2022 9:16:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's laughter is soft but sharp. Saoirse might be dead but his sister was alive in the persona of Flint. It warms him to see that spark.

"I suppose not."

As she expects, Gavin's red-eyed patron lurks in the ocean beyond. Sleeping, it would seem — her eyes open with the door, narrow upon Gavin's guest, then slip closed with an intent to return to slumber. Gavin trusted Lulu more than most, and so Lugia perceived her as no threat.

His lips part with the intent to reply, press together when Lulu shakes her head. He cants his own, listening.

"You've got a new pup," he says, as he processes. "Did something happen to Djall?"

His skin crawls as he remembers the savagery of the beast.

"Whether we need to infiltrate or join forces with them, for this I'd do anything." It was a matter of life and death, not pride, for once. "Infiltration's preferable, of course. Assuming you're talking about the meteor."

Hoenn was so fucked, at this point he'd hardly be surprised if it was something else.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 8:50:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

”oh. yeah, djall’s a shitshow, but he’s still around. i’ve got gorgo now, so... figured i’d take him around, socialize a bit.” she shrugged, hand still resting on fur. ”so he doesn’t try to bite people’s legs off.” djall had a habit.

to join forces with the league perhaps made the most sense from the perspective of someone sane, placing their life above the power struggle, but lulu lacked this same sense of reason. she had other plans to propose.

”i am—among other things. how much do you think they know about what happened at the soiree that they’re not telling anyone?” when disappearing people tried to kill avatars. ”how many other secrets do you think they have, with all the weird shit that’s been going on?”

her head cocked to the side, and gorgo mimicked her.

’dour?’
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 3:40:24 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin huffs softly.

"Djall never used to be so vicious."

Deeper meaning behind his words, unspoken — something had caused the change within her hellhound. It hadn't been due to a lack of socialization.

Still, he holds out a hand to let Gorgo sniff at his fingers.

"Oh, I'm sure there's plenty they know that they're not telling us." He flicks his wrist dismissively. "I'd imagine they've got as many secrets as we do. And considering we're not about to spill ours to them..."

He shrugs.

"Do you have a plan, or is that why you're here?" To invent one?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 6:42:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

something indeed had happened to djall. it hadn’t occurred to her that she hadn’t told him. the conversation was moving on, however. gorgo leaned in to sniff, sneezing a tiny flame just as lulu pulled him back into her lap.

did she have a plan?

”i have some ideas,” she said with a tight smile.

could be very helpful, for instance. he’s an assistant to their top scientists. surely, he just needs to talk to the right person—or let us know who that might be.” so they could go and talk to them.

”and there’s . do you think galar knows? how much does he know? what’s been shared with him, and what else can he get?”

skepticism built on her face and then fell as she sat back again. there were others, of course. 

”i’ll be going undercover, myself. but first, i’m going to hack the mossdeep space center.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 13:35:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods; he trusts more than most. They've been through a few extraordinary events with one another, like the hellscape of the Adventours and the ruins of the Regi temple.

Of , Gavin seems less fond... but that's family history. How his mother would fawn over the likes of Circhester's nobles, utterly poisoning her son against anyone with a royal background. Still, Remiel's never done anything to deserve Gavin's bias and so he doesn't have any good reason not to involve him. Lulu's right; he could be their key to information.

"I don't know what Galar knows," he admits, "but if anyone does, it'd be Calcifet."

That's my sister, he thinks fondly when she mentions hacking. Then his expression sharpens on a realization.

"You're going undercover yourself? That's..."

A tremendous risk. It's not the skepticism of an underboss but the concern of a brother that sees his brows knit together. He worries at the inside of his cheek.

"Just — be careful," he implores, thinking of .

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 4:22:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

there was no more from her on , only giving a smirk and some expression gavin might be able to decipher. a silent nudge to do something about it. question him. interrogate him, even.

but she said nothing.

at her brother’s hesitation, she blinked, straightening in her seat and clasping her hands around gorgo.

”you don’t think it’s a good idea? i’m just going to check things out. take a peek. i’ll dress up just in case.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 1:46:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Times like these, Gavin can still read his sister.

"I'll ask him," he says of . "Get back to you on what he says, if any of it's relevant."

He was heavily biased against any sort of nobility on account of their mother's side of the family. They had a great gift of being able to speak many a word while saying nothing at all. Still, Calcifet's been a loyal Rocket admin as long as Gavin's been an underboss — a shade longer, even.

He doesn't want to admit his misgivings but can't deny them when she asks directly. Frowning, he drinks from a mug on his desk as an excuse to find the words. It smells of peppermint; probably tea.

"Make sure Darkrai is with you. I'm worried about the likes of Silph. Not him, but others like him." He didn't think that would be found among the scientists Lulu was hoping to infiltrate but who knew, really? Maybe the League were following the same leads. "I trust you. It's them I don't trust."

It's a far cry from when he'd sneered at her for sharing a bed with Fernando.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 6:29:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

he could read his sister. sometimes, however, he needn’t squint at the fine print. the heavy scowl on her face was a billboard.

”that’s typical,” she remarked vaguely, her tone sharp with a wounded ego. wild eyes teetered on the edge. it’s not you, it’s them was just another way of saying you’re weak, saoirse. defenseless. stupid. but she would have the last laugh.

”i didn’t have darkrai then, you know. i didn’t have power.”

she paused, taking a pacifying breath.

”i could rip his balls off in his sleep and hang them on my wall like a prized buck, cillian. my schedule’s just very full.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 9:21:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Her sharp scorn is met with a thin press of his lips.

"Arceus, Lulu, I don't want to fight with you."

Lulu. There's a brief hesitation before he says the name, remembering what she'd told him. Saoirse was dead. His sister had become a different person, and Gavin wasn't sure what to make of her. But he loved her, that much he knew.

"You have power, now," he says. "You will make him pay. I know."

A soft breath, a hard swallow.

"I won't get in the way, when that time comes. No matter what."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 0:09:55 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her eyebrows raised into her bangs and her gaze cast aside with a hot-headed sigh. her fingers laced around gorgo’s chest, digging lightly into her knuckles. when she looked back up, it was with a flat expression that matched his to an uncanny level.

”well. when the time is right, then.”

she took a moment, set on letting the topic fall behind them.

”i’ll be fine. besides, i’m sure that whatever it is they’re hiding will be worth the risk.”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
resolution
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 18:55:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Inclining his head, Gavin leaves it at that. He's not sure what else to say, worried that pressing the issue might exacerbate it in some manner. They were still learning how to communicate again, these two siblings who'd gone through their lives apart.

He nods when she moves on, glad of it.

"I'm sure it will be. And you've got the backing of Rocket if shit goes south."

At least, as much of Rocket as might rally behind Gavin, which he likes to think is a fair few.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
resolution
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 0:42:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

would she have rocket backing her, when things went awry? this mission was for herself, above all. using it to make rocket look good was just a perk.

she paused, clearly coming upon a thought that she was hesitant to share. she straightened back in her chair, fixing him with a careful stare again.

”i hope so.” it might’ve been an appropriate end of their meeting, but she was clearly at the edge of divulging something difficult. it shone in her intense eyes. a long moment of silence went by before she continued.

”i get the feeling that walsh doesn’t like me anymore, cil.”

another moment, as she gauged his reaction.

”do you know anything about that?”