6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
i put birb instead of bird so it's a kawaii thread title [m]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 3:09:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as soon as the other end of the line picks up, kyle greets with the same unconcerned tone he defaults to. "moshi, moshi. fern-kun?"

kyle rings up the number of his high ranking friend (by default since most of the top tier ones are gone), fernando silph-kun, as he visits the slateport gym. he stands by its entrance, impeded by the calamity of having someone unreasonable blocking it.

in front of the facility was a delibird. it was old, probably around his mid-30s, and was trying to prove its vigor and youth by attempting something only young people can do: carry a heavy sack of stuff without their back aching.

"your gym's inoperable, by the way. there's a delibird in here. the children of slateport want to be quirky by blowing your gym's entrance but i'm trying to get them to be normal. can you do something about it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 3:20:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

I PUT BIRB INSTEAD OF BIRD SO IT'S A KAWAII THREAD TITLE

THIS IS WHY WE FUCKING HATE YOU AERO

THE IDLE THOUGHT of ‘i hate you’ crosses his mind when he hears their champion. his sarcasm, while humorous when directed at others, reminds him too much of when faced with it head-on. if not for being kyle’s best friend, he would’ve considered hanging up.

you’re the champion,” he states with an implicative undertone, as if the title means something.

i’m sure you can handle it.

after all, how much trouble can one little pokemon be? surely no more difficult then blowing up a huge monument in a city during full combat. if entei couldn’t handle it, maybe one of the other dozen legendaries kyle has can put up a fight. especially if they all come out at once.

regardless, fernando appears when the gym glass door slides open. by coincidence, he happens to be in today. just a hunch, but this morning felt like a day for an encounter with a main character, hence being present.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 3:31:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
fernando comes out of his gym, but kyle still doesn't drop the call.

"i can but, uh, don't want to touch the wild pokemon."

getting his pokemon involved did not occur to kyle just yet since he was still tunneled on letting others do the work for him. since it doesn't seem to work on fern, he goes for another target.

"should we call in the experts? i'm sure the rangers are more equipped with dealing with this. they're, like, wild pokemon experts or something, right?"

they should be doing things to earn their keep after all, especially if they're going to complain about not getting enough funding despite having similar pay as people on the public security sector.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 3:42:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

“RANGERS?”

the pointed glare he gives his companion is both questioning and accusatory. what good will they do when they’re rarely around? name the last time a ranger was relevant in league duties? there’s a good few here and there but their numbers are too small to make any headway.

personally, he blames their heads. for how can the bottom succeed if the top has no direction? but that’s a discussion meant for internal affairs. politics and the likes.

don’t be ridiculous.

after all, they’re both paid well enough to cover for their less than stellar colleagues. well, one of them is. the other requires no payment, more than happy with influence and the power it comes with.

we can handle this.

and by we, he means kyle.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 3:46:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah. i'm sure we can."

this time, kyle finally drops the call and pockets his phone. he stares at the problem for a good while, waiting for fernando to take initiative of things, like he always does on important things.

when he doesn't, kyle speaks up once more.

"how do we deal with this? like, push him away or something?"

people had attempted to get near it earlier, only to be squawked at and then attacked by the bird. kyle doesn't want to get attacked since he already experienced a bunch of it before.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 3:58:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

“I FOLLOW YOUR LEAD.”

in other words, the tried and true. the famous ELITE FOUR and CHAMPION pulling out all the stops with a mere COUNCILMAN there to clean up the mess.

whereas fernando takes the initiative where others cannot, he also resorts to delegating less threatening tasks to those desperate for validation. a world ending threat cannot be trusted to those who steal shoes or blindly enter another world with a motley crew. however, cleaning up the beach from litter is more than suitable for their skills.

sounds like rangers all right.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 4:10:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"uh... sure."

kyle doesn't know what fern is expecting. even kyle doesn't want to deal with this, but he needs to for routine gym checks. since it's not part of his job description for the work he's currently engaged in, he deals with it in some other way.

pulling out his phone, he dials the nearest ranger station of the city, since they're like animal control. it picks up, and kyle voices out his concerns.

"uh, sir, there's a pokemon out here blocking the way. can you please deal with is? thanks! the location is in front of the slateport gym."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 4:20:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

“…”

lazy. beyond lazy. impeccably so. if there is one thing fernando dislikes about kyle it’s his lack of work ethic. for someone to hold that much power but waste it in idleness is productivity down the drain. but, with who else the region has to offer, it’s not like they have good pickings outstanding.

fernando stands there will after the call is done. if that was the solution all along then what’s the point in calling him out. he doesn’t voice this, stomaching it with the patience that very few understand, but his judgement of the champion sours just a little bit.

is that what you called me out for, lopez?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 4:26:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the smile fades as soon as the call ends and it leads to kyle getting to a mode where he makes excuses.

"it was my last resort!"

the last resort out of the two, one of which was to ask for help from the leader of the gym. having to use such forbidden methods was a sin in fernando's eyes apparently, but it is what it is.

there are similar sentiments he shares with fernando. supposedly, he's banking on the rare side of sympathy from the councilman.

"you told me to do my thing and i did it. i was hoping you got a better one, but you forced us in this situation. now we're gonna even be unsure if it's going to be resolved at all."

should've given them more funds, councilman silph.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 4:39:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

“I SEE.”

in other words, he doesn’t. this has been both a waste of time and a transgression against his ever busy schedule. however, fernando is not petty enough to voice it. instead, he’ll do the mature thing, and take it out on kyle through various means that remain subtle and passive aggressive.

such as looking into kyle’s pay. in the same vein that the rangers earn pay equal to their worth, perhaps its time to reexamine the champion salary.

it’s fine,” he lies through a low pitch laugh and exhale. “i’m sure the rangers will handle it just fine.

and if not, they can rely on some external rich sponsor to make up for their steadily decreasing budget. maybe some random CEO or other rich person would happily throw money at them for no reason other than the goodness of their heart. the recent influx of trust fund babies seem more than happy to these days.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 7:22:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: