played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Beauty and the Beast [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 14:46:59 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The festivities of the night held a loose grip on Felix. Truth be told, he wasn't even planning on attending til his supervisor threatened persuaded him into signing up, noting it's an "opportunity to become friends with some of Hoenn's finest." So, without much room to object to his wishes, he signed up his name for this waste of time.

Long legs slugged into the designated restaurant, taking its place along one of the many tables prepared for the incoming dates. The tabletop with hidden beneath a thin white table cloth with cutesy lace designs on its tips; a discreet way to set up the mood, he presumed.

Curious eyes fixated on his 'date'. There was an air of familiarity  around her mixed with a sharp tinge of responsibility. Was he supposed to recognize her? 

"I'm Felix..."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 14:52:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Truth be told, this was a significant step out of her comfort zone.

But public figures and the press insisted it would be 'motivational' and 'inspiring' to see one of Hoenn's finest participating in a charity event and 'putting herself out there.' She had to keep her head above water and keep telling herself and telling the region that nothing had changed. That in spite of life's lemons, she was still making lemonade.

Fortunately, Stormy appears to genuinely be in good spirits this evening for the first round of speed dates. She's dressed nice, her hair is done, and her manicured fingernails draw against a menu of drinks and desserts. Her knee idly jumps beneath the table, disturbing the thin white tablecloth. She doesn't look up until a voice speaks up to introduce themself.

Stormy pulls her gaze away from the menu to greet Felix with a warm smile.

"Hi, Felix," she offers her hand to him for a handshake. "I'm Stormy."
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 20:23:35 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Ah fuck. Her name was all he needed to put together the stray pieces of the puzzle. She was Stormy Llewellyn - the esteemed Elite Four member who had received avatarship from moltress itself. What unfortunate luck, he had thought to himself, now he HAD to do his job.

Reaching out over the table, he gave her a firm handshake before slinking back down into his seat. He wore a pair of half lid eyes that contemplated his next moves. For once, he had to take the initiative with this conversation. Steer it into an optimal direction. "....I just moved to the region a few months ago, so I was told to meet some new faces. Didn't expect to meet an avatar, though." It was a straightforward approach, but Felix is a straightforward man. Going against that would just come off as forced.

"What brings moltress to an event like this?"

"Business? Personal reasons? Or," His eyes glanced to the tables surrounding them. A few of the other contestants were stealing glimpses of the woman, some more discreet than others. "out of obligation?"

Somehow, he felt they were both here for similar reasons. Forced to due to out of some binding obligation they can't seem to wiggle out from. Or, maybe, she was here to relieve the public image of herself. From what he read, tensions are high at the top, and any support is better than the backlash they've been receiving.

His dull green eyes soon returned to her.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 21:54:12 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
There is something undeniably interesting about how quickly ones face changes when they hear her introduce herself. With him, she can feel it in his firm handshake. She doesn't know this man from moses, but she can sense that she's instilled some level of unease.

Tot hat, she offers a warm smile as a means to lessen the tension. Beneath the table, the woman's Charmander mistakes her dress skirt for the tablecloth. He pulls, and pulls hard, and Stormy's knee drives up into the table in surprise. The glasses rattle and shake and she blushes, glancing beneath the table briefly to chastise her Pokemon.

"Oh, is that right? Well I hope I don't disappoint." Stormy chuckles awkwardly, offering a small smile in response to his question. "A bit of everything, I suppose. This is sort of like a charity event, I was told, and I enjoy helping the community. It's nice too to meet new faces and get to know the community."

Her attention never wavers from him, even in spite of his glance around the room. Those whose eyes fall on her to steal glimpses aren't really important-- he is.
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 2:30:04 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The perceived tightness in her voice and tense posture would typically be enough to signal anyone to ease up a little. Maybe even reaffirm their lack of threat. But, as always, Felix lacked the emotional intelligence to notice such details. His mind was too busy chugging towards the main picture of today's speed date.

He clicked his tongue to her nonchalant answer. "Charity..." It made sense. The league needed to gather up its forces to push through a positive narrative, or face further public backlash. Though, it was her answer that unraveled this grounded reasoning. "It must be hard for you guys," He spoke out loud, eyes pinned onto hers. "Being told to 'help the community' that despises you."

Because you failed them.

Because you weren't enough.

Felix almost pitied their position. But, then again, he was among the critics that spoke out against the league. And he would stay that way until the region regained a level of safety that allowed him to but his worries over to rest. "But work is work, right?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 2:50:04 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
Briefly, she escapes his gaze to chastise the Charmander under the table. She fishes him out discreetly to set him upon her lap. But, in the span of seconds, both she and her Pokemon have dramatically shifted in emotional energy. There is something particularly tense, worse than it had been a moment ago.

Stormy frowns, pulls her shoulders back, and stares across the table at him with a look that is far from kind.

"Excuse me?" she's genuinely agitated, blown away, appalled. His brutal honesty, if it could be called that, felt more like an attack. An intentional inflection meant to insult and offend. If that was the case, it was working. If it wasn't, well.. she was certainly taking it as such anyway.

"'Despises' us? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

Anger bubbles, easily left unchecked. More eyes fall on her as a result of her loud outburst. She rises to her feet abruptly, holding her Charmander to her chest. The baby feeds off of her negative emotion and her outrage, hissing and burping out a little tiny flame. She glances down at the Pokemon before returning her molten blue gaze to Felix.

"What have you done? 'Work is work'. Fuck you."
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 3:13:15 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The woman's fiery response dazed him. Why was she so riled up? Maybe he was a little blunt, but nothing he said was far from the truth, or was she too ignorant to see that? Maybe she was just emotional. Either way, the outburst was enough to garner the attention of several curious bystanders. Some held out their phones, while some quietly exchanged quick whispers to each other.

Guess this was another burnt bridge.

Just before he could offer more of a response, the bell rang, signifying the end of the round. Rising from his chair, Felix gave the woman one last long look. "I didn't think you would get so upset. Sorry." Then, with a shrug, he turned to walk away. "...see you around."

Maybe the next date would be easier.

this never left my mind
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 15:38:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
If it meant anything, it was probably a relief to see Stormy so riled up. It was a window back into the real her, the her before her world came crashing down and her Moltres had left and nothing had been the same. The her who spoke with fire in her lungs and determination in her veins.

The flashing cameras and the murmurs do nothing to faze her. She scoffs and begins to storm off, walking away at the same time Felix apologizes. Hopefully, whoever her next date would be would help her settle. But so far, the opening scene was not looking too hot.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 5:35:46 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS