6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 16:51:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he fumbles over a card that had given to him the previous round, trying to read all the details on it, when he realized time has ran up and they're meeting their new partners soon.

straightening his attire, he eases up his expression for a more cordial one as opposed to a lax look usually reserved for casual matters. not everyone shares this sentiment, however, so he keeps it on the down low.

"hello," he greets. "did your last one go well?"

as much as he tried to stay away from being easygoing, there wasn't much choices for kyle to mask the anxiety of talking to new people about serious things.

if only league didn't hassle him to take on more responsibilities. he can already imagine the councilman responsible for it.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
DON'T FEAR NOTHING, SNAKE IS BLUFFING
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 20:12:34 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
he left without ’s business card, if she’d had one. he hadn’t given one, either, having been momentarily glamoured by cute kitty paw pog bank ad re-enactment. oh well. they had mutual connections.

”yes, it did, thanks,” he confirmed, smiling from beneath a brimmed hat as his hand reached across the table. ”good t’meechya mr. champion. my name’s virgil roach. i’m an entrepreneur.”

he sat back, a curious wrinkle in his brow. ”hell’re you doin’ out here?” didn’t he at least have an entourage or something?
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 4:13:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm more or less the league's rep for this event," he groans. "mister lopez, do your work. mister lopez, please actually appear in public," he humorously mocks.

"but enough about that. i need to actually do things, else they'll cut my pay."

with so much pokemon, there's always an ever growing need to feed all of them if kyle wants to personally know the ones he uses in battle. he shudders as he tries to get his personal problems away from business.

"so, what are you entrepreneur-ing about? anything you'd think would be nice for the next big league event?"

multitudes of businesses boomed during previous league-hosted events, with the hoenn star tournament being the biggest one as of late. for a business owner, kyle hopes that that event would be enough to explain things for him.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 8:51:55 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
roach chuckled. ”makes sense.”

cubone looked on at kyle from a seat, its attention effectively held by the champ. maybe it recognized him from tv or something.

”i’m a bar owner.” among other things. ”i own ritual downtown, and i’m lookin’ to open up somethin’ else in upper slateport soon.” he was deciding between buildings. ”i could gladly offer sponsorship.”

anything to get his shiny new playground in the public eye. an advertisement here and there. a booth with a few cocktails at the next event, maybe. that ought to do it.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 9:09:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle smiles and takes out a business card for the league's marketing team.

"say no more." he chimes in. "slateport? alcohol? sounds good enough for me."

there's an increasingly alarming rate of alcoholism within the people of hoenn, many of which either frequent social events or personnel under the league's employ.

"our last one was all the way to lilycove-- silph's personal favorite. i'm certain the league won't mind a partner within the biggest city of the region."

playfully pinning the card in between his fingers, he holds it forward for virgil to take.

"you've been on other league events, right? hope you're used to crazy."

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 9:27:43 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
he chuckled , happy at the easiness of the situation.

”lilycove’s got some nice places. you just wait, though. we’re gonna blow ‘em all out o’ the water.”

kyle’s warning did nothing. given its location and clientele, there were few things that ritual and its proprietor had yet to see in the way of bar shenanigans. the building had been set aflame before.

as for league events? ”can’t say i have, but i can deal with crazy just fine.”

taking the business card, he retrieved one of his own and handed it over.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 10:15:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes the card, placing it right next to the one he got from the previous round, which was on his shirt's front right pocket.

"there's that, then.

maybe he rushed through the entire thing too fast. a few precious seconds were left . kyle fakes reading the details on the card virgil has given him as he waits for the clock to tick down.

he holds in a sigh of relief during the last twenty seconds of the quick round of making connections, which was just enough to do a quick exchange of words.

"looking forward to seeing you for the next big thing to happen!"

there's excitement in kyle's voice, mostly a petty thing to get back to . if he's getting less free time, then he's not getting his favorite bar for the next event.

close tab

played by

mad

roach
he/him
thirty-five
june 5th
nimbasa, unova
heterosexual
bar owner / blk mkt dlr
grunt
awards
294 posts
virgil roach DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roach
virgil roach
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 10:49:21 GMT
virgil roach Avatar
perhaps would have a new favorite bar. he was its stroke champion, after all—never mind having had to once aid in saving it from engulfing flames before roach was carted off in a police vehicle. sometimes, people decide to throw a baseball bat into a row of martini glasses and shit just happens.

had roach realized the connections immediately, though, he might have honestly chosen a different table.

”sounds good, champ! i’ll be reachin’ out.” a sound chimed, and he patted the table with a grin. ”good luck doin’ stuff.”

he got up to leave, then. 2/2 celebrities. not bad for speed networking. the business card was pocketed in a case.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
virgyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 4:06:14 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times