part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 17:10:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROWAN WRYNN

speed dating #2

A BELL CHIMES to signal it’s time to swap. several bodies shuffle across the room as new pairings meet up at subsequent tables. fernando takes to his seat with the same rigid pose he’s adopted since the beginning, the only exception being a shaymin that now sits nestled into his lap.

with now in possession of its GRACIDEA FLOWER, the pokemon resorts to slumbering, quietly digging its snout against his belt loop. fernando pays the pet little mind, instead, focusing on the person across from him.

good evening,” he starts, a bit perplexed by this particular match. while he’s met rowan once before, with all the time that’s elapsed since the HOENN STAR TOURNAMENT, he’s all but forgotten the unfamiliar face.

name’s silph. .

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Civilian
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'8 height
5'8 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,694 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 23:15:42 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Rowan Wrynn, a pleasure.” A courteous smile tugged on the corners of his mouth as he slipped into the seat across from the corporate giant. There wasn’t much point in addressing the fact they’d actually met before, Rowan was just another face in a vast sea that the other undoubtedly came into contact with on the daily.

“I’m a bit surprised to see you here, to be honest. I’d figure your schedule is booked solid for three years straight with all the work you do.” Fernando Silph wasn’t simply a business magnate, having held a position on the League council and as a Gym Leader for as long as Rowan had been in Hoenn, at least.

It was impressive, no doubt.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
9,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 23:25:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROWAN WRYNN

speed dating #2

“OH?”

fernando lets out a mild chuckle. a speckle of white flashes from between his lips. a mild smile baked in an even milder laugh.

well, you’re correct, mister wrynn. my schedule is booked.

his hands rest on top of the shaymin’s body. they’re clasped together, brushed against its grass-like fur. he’s just short of twiddling his thumbs, going through the notions of a polite conversation.

it just so happens that this also is part of the work i do—representation and all.

his smile hides so that the fascination in his eyes glimmer even brighter.

but, since you already know what i do, i guess that leaves me to ask: what’s your profession? model? actor?

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Civilian
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
1,694 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 23:40:32 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
An unexpected question elicited a chuckle from Rowan, supposing he should accept the compliment at face value instead of questioning the logic. “Nothing so glamorous, unfortunately.” He waved a hand dismissively, still amused by the concept. “I’m something of a scientist, myself.” A hand slipped into his pocket and produced a small white business card, name printed below the logo of Greater Mauville Holdings.

“I’m a researcher, primarily in oceanography.” The civilian cover he’d crafted thanks to wasn’t far from the truth, Rowan indeed was involved in such research but he wasn’t officially accredited in any meaningful way. “Actually going to be working on a project involving Sea Mauville soon enough.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2022 0:08:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROWAN WRYNN

speed dating #2

FERNANDO’S GAZE SETTLES on the business card. he can’t take his eyes off the logo—the subtle off-white coloring, the tasteful thickness of it. to no surprise, it’s even water marked.

ah, clayton’s company.

recognition paves the way for a more genuine smile. one that respects and admires the man before him. not to a level of reverence but one above the nameless peons that make up most of hoenn’s population.

didn’t think that oceanography fits mauville holding’s m.o. but, i suppose that ties into sea mauville.

he clicks his tongue.

how do you like it, GREATER MAUVILLE HOLDINGS? i would think your field leans more into DEVON CORP.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Civilian
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
1,694 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 20:31:13 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Indeed, Oscar is a good friend of mine.” As Beasts, the two of them had bonded ever since his promotion. There was mutual agreement that despite being the weapon of Team Rocket, they didn’t need to be as brutal or murderous as those that came before them.

“Sea Mauville is currently nothing more than an eyesore for Hoenn and a financial drain for the company, however from past failure comes valuable insight. There is no ecosystem in the region as unique and diverse as the waters around the facility, and studying them is certain to be beneficial to the field.” Rowan had given the concept much thought, and thankfully Oscar agreed with the sentiment without much coercion.

“Haven’t been on board long, to be honest. Came over from Galar less than a year ago and took the first opportunity I could find. Though, I haven’t anything negative to say about my employment otherwise.” A pause, before a follow-up question was presented. “You own Devon now, don’t you?”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 21:15:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ROWAN WRYNN

speed dating #2

“HM.”

fernando sits there, listening attentively. every word is a detail to denote, even those unsaid. while he has yet to pair anyone in GMH to rocket, aside from , he knows at a surface level that toes a very deep line.

like his own employees, he gives them the benefit of the doubt. almost no one at SILPH CO. knows their true purpose. the same can be extended to rowan, the perfect caricature of an immigrant looking for better opportunities.

a fair assessment. i do hope clayton has the foresight to work with the RANGERS should there be any changes to SEA MAUVILLE.

his thoughts flicker back to capable rangers such as . despite what the captain claims about his superiors, fernando sees them as anything but. so, in their stead, he will raise them up where possible. after all, to elevate them only adds more influence to the league.

since ecosystematic influence is never quite contained to one place.

the time on their clock starts to dwindle closer to an end. they have minutes left when rowan goes into his background. fernando smiles through it, up until it comes his turn to answer.

that’s a gross over simplification but no, DEVON CORP is operated by ,” he lies without batting an eye. for those less acquainted with the nitty gritty details of acquisitions, that much appears to be true.

but for those present during the actual sequester, for that to be true means that fernando owns ana. a far reach but one that settles behind a soft chuckle.

well, the parts that didn’t acquire for GMH, i suppose.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Civilian
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
1,694 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 21:58:31 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I see, good to know. Didn’t really keep up with the series of events outside of social media rumors.” There was much he still had to learn about Hoenn, especially if he intended to slip into the world of business himself with the eventual acquisition of his namesake.

Stimulating conversation was drawn to a close at the sound of the bell, prompting Rowan to extend a hand towards Fernando. “It was a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Silph.” For the second time. “Have a good evening.”

He wouldn’t dally and take up any more of the man’s already limited time, pushing himself up from the table and moving onto another.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,523 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
SILPH X WRYNN
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 23:49:06 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay