4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
power
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 1:18:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

neither houndoom nor houndour accompanied her today. instead of towards the labs or offices, she crossed a hall she rarely turned down, and into the dreary home of their prisoners. it prodded at bad memories, but her focus was razor-sharp today. 

she homed in on his cell, white lab coat fanning in the wake of her steps until they stopped just outside.

she knew fear, she told herself. she could control her own well enough. with a face of steel, she addressed him, ”mr. cotillard, my name is lulu flint. i’m one of rocket’s head scientists. i’d like to speak with you.”
close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
power
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 2:09:53 GMT
NPC Avatar

POWER

lulu flint x jules cotillard

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r7kz6p3wjy1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
"well isn't it my lucky day. they've given me some company." jules remains on the floor, legs straight out. arms shackled by the wrists. his mouth isn't covered; he is much too old to chomp his way out of here.

he smiles. it has been long since his wife had died. grief has changed into something else in the darkness of his solitary cell.

"what do you want?"

his kalosian dialect is absent, replaced by the sharp, crisp pronunciation of common word.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
power
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 6:34:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

his voice was different than she remembered, but she only found it momentarily surprising. what did he actually sound like? did he actually need to talk at all?

she stared down at his haggardness, a ragdoll of teeth and withering from hunger. in a way, he reminded her of ; but his imprisonment felt closer to her own experience. 

her sympathy, however, did not come free. 

”to understand.” she stepped closer, and her voice lowered with a smile. ”to negotiate.”

first off, the motive. ”why did you come to hoenn?”
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
power
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 9:31:34 GMT
NPC Avatar

POWER

"because my people were running out of energy. our world is dying—no, certainly dead by now."

jules' words feel trampled on. as if they were bulldozed and flattened over and over, folded in on themselves like compacted sand until the truth oozes out like gritty rainwater.

"this world. this region. it is easy to detect. it has its mouth against ultra space and it screams."

the megalopolan says, matching the other's smile with one of his own. the darkness of his cell pools in the sullen valleys of his pale blue face.

"during my time here, i knew how to have my personal fun too. experimenting. passing down my knowlege as i suppressed my appetite like the good scientist i am."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
power
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 0:08:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

energy. of course. it made sense, why this region in particular. in light of recent discoveries, hoenn seemed to be sitting on massive amounts of previously unknown  resources.

megalopolis was dead? a disappointment. that meant that perhaps there was nothing left to take from.

”i’m sorry to hear about your world. it was my hope that i could learn more about it.”

for whatever reason, she hadn’t expected him to smile back. she felt her confidence sway off balance, if only for a moment. 

”it’s truly a shame that such a brilliant mind is kept behind bars, withering away as the last of a species. perhaps there is something i can do.” in exchange.

”i’m curious. how is it that you did detect hoenn? was it some sort of innate sense? other worlds and dimensions are not so obvious to us here.”
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
power
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 4:55:47 GMT
NPC Avatar

POWER

"a shame indeed! pah! i help you all create that genesect abomination with my silvally tech and what do you all pay me with? an extra chicken wing for dinner. as if that's enrichment enough!" jules cotillard spits into the cell's corner. underneath his lips, his tongue churns across his front row of teeth.

he resumes his smile; however, there is little courtesy in the cut of his grin.

"you can detect wavelengths of energy through space if they are exceptionally strong." he says. "ultra wormholes. primal energy. infinity energy. hoenn is a druddigon's hoard of energy."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
power
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 22:21:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

her chin turned with intrigue at the mention of genesect, but she was not willing to be derailed. she listened to him spit complaints of his treatment, unsurprised. and of the abundance of energies? ”clearly.” she’d been interested in the how. the technology, but maybe he was dodging the question. maybe the how didn’t even matter at this point.

she regarded his toothy face with a keen look and leaned closer again. ”if you cooperate with me, i promise to feed you. you’ll find i don’t mind killing a man to get the answers i want, and i care for few of my species.”

taking a step back again, she straightened.

if she was understanding correctly, the megalopolans had not been causing all of the wormholes themselves. she figured that meant either a) someone else was, intentionally or otherwise, or b) they were naturally occurring in their world and a dangerous beacon to others, who had probably already found them

perhaps these others had been using similar tech.

”one of our own came across a piece of technology similar to your shiny machine in a place we call the cave of origin. when we investigated it, we found a code including the name ‘dark triad’. recently, we  found this name again on other devices. we believe them to be related to new types of interdimensional portals occurring around hoenn.”

her chin turned again.

”would you know anything about that?”
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
power
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 22:20:01 GMT
NPC Avatar

POWER

jules is satiated by the answer and promise of food. however, behind the cage of his smile, he wonders if his answers will be deemed cooperative enough.

"intriguing. i will say outright that i possess no clue as to what this triad is, but what i can say is that the shiny machines are not mine."

he runs his tongue across his teeth, taking note of every ridge. every edge.

"i simply modified them. with my own brilliance, in fact. modified them to help create wormholes." by now, jules's grin is the brightest thing in the dingy cell. "i suppose i've started something akin to that of a technological revolution if others are tampering existing tech for similar reasons."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
power
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 1:35:04 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

”hm.”

not the best answer she could have hoped for. a new, unknown threat was potentially much worse than an old one they’d warred with before. they’d lived through that.

the idea of jules cotillard’s success didn’t bring the same smile to her face. it was a revolution which caused vulnerabilities, and she still wasn’t in on it. her eyes lowered briefly to the sharp edges of his teeth, and back to his eyes.

”yes, i suppose you have.” and she would ask him for his help, when the time was right. how hungry was he?

tilting her head inquisitively, she then asked, ”do you know anything about unown?”
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
power
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 20:20:42 GMT
NPC Avatar

POWER

the alien before her is always hungry. however, years of careful fasting, surgical dieting and patient fantasized gnashing have trained his appetite.

"not to a proficient degree."

still, he seems smug enough to elaborate.

"their natural habitat is their own dimension. should they venture into other planes, an apparent rare occurence i would note, they tend to stick to surfaces and remain sedentary like flies on a wall."

he rests his head back against the wall, returning to a past memory.

"we have seldom seen them in ultra space or ultra megalopolis, but we have seen them."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
power
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 1:53:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

”hm.”

she watched him rest his head, uselessly trying to read whatever it was behind his eyes.

”well, they’ve not been very sedentary here. actually, they’ve been opening portals to other dimensions, and are being used by an unidentified group from another world to kill our avatars.” which included her, of course, but she wasn’t going to mention that part—yet.

”when you saw the unown, did their appearance seem to mean anything? were there any other extraordinary phenomena taking place? surely there was a reason for their visit if it is such a rarity.” maybe he wasn’t proficient, but he seemed to have taken more than a glance at the multiverse’s fucked up alphabet soup.
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
208 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
power
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 20:34:22 GMT
NPC Avatar

POWER

jules cackles, adam's apple bobbing underneath the blue membrane of his neck like some fat wurmple.

"my cell sounds much more appealing now." the scientist says after being briefed of the outside world. "truly, home is a state of mind. trust me, i, of all people, would know that."

he strokes his chin. pinched by his fingertips are the dark hairs that have long since grown toward his chest.

"in the past, we've been granted audience with them when an ultra wormholes are opened." the megalopolan says. "not frequently. not by invitation or desire. but by natural consequence, i presume."

he shrugs.

"now then, let us adjourn. i am quite tired. a brilliant mind such as myself requires ample rest and i do believe i've been quite generous with my knowledge."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
power
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 3:43:47 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

she gave the lightest snort. shit was in trult shambles when the captive confined in a lawless prison would opt for his cage over the open world. ”yes, well, scientist or not, sometimes i feel as though the best explanation for anything is that this region is cursed.”

that the unown were a mystery to the megalopolans as well was mildly disappointing, but the fact that they had appeared in a similar circumstance was at least intriguing. “so, the unown appear when one dimension opens up to another...” presumably. but why?

she might’ve demanded more of his time, but with the desire to gain the megalopolan scientist’s trust, she decided to leave him to his rest. ”very well.”

however, she had one last thing to say. an offer.

”if you ever find that your brilliant mind ought to get back to work again, do call for me.”

before she turned, she added, ”i appreciate your time, cotillard. i’ll send food.”

the head scientist then took her leave. that evening, a human leg would be sent to him. not her kill, but someone’s. strange perks to being at the top of the food chain—at least, in this world.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
power
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 8:38:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: