6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 2:20:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
though not much of a drinker, his experience did bring him more than what he was expecting to. it's an easy business relationship dynamic that kyle can easy agree to despite not being an expert on economics. he waits on his spot for the next person to come in.

this time, kyle recognizes luka's face, mostly because he saw her run out of her house in her questionable sleepwear, but because she has a poipole he needs to keep a note of. it was just a disaster waiting to happen, much like when type:null started going berserk all over the region.

"hello," kyle greets in a lazy tone. "did your poipole evolve yet?" he teases.

from memory, kyle can't seem to grasp what kind of business the other would have. a school? a cafe? lingerie? maybe a flower shop? he lists all stereotypes someone of her personality type might aspire for in his head, trying to plan out some direction for their eventual talk so he doesn't have to be witty on the fly.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 4:07:14 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Oh, hello!"[break][break]

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Or is Cerberus more appropriate, in this context? Either way, one of the first names on 's list is in front of her, and Luka doesn't want to let this opportunity go to waste. It's helpful that they've met before, even if the circumstances weren't exactly ideal.[break][break]

"Not yet, Monsieur Lopez. To be honest...I'd rather they didn't. Jam is soooo cute like this! And, erm, they're already hard enough to handle as is."[break][break]

Sheepish laugher chimes, and her Togepi gurgles along— though it's hard to tell if it's in agreement or just random baby talk.[break][break]

"But, um! A-actually, I'm glad we ran into each other. I'm not sure if you're aware, but I've been representing for a few months now. Bolstering the League's reputation...it feels more important now than ever, don't you think? So, I was wondering...w-well, that is! I don't want to be presumptuous, or anything! But if you ever find yourself in need of some publicity..."

[break][break]

[break][break]Speed Date #3

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 4:34:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle smiles awkwardly. of course it's that required publicity stunts. maybe this was how he got into the elite four- by looking good in front of the public.

does he want some sort of publicity? not really. does he need someone representing him instead? it goes against league's need to get him to the public eye, so it was negatory. does he care about public's opinion on him, or the league for that matter? no.

all his guesses turned out wrong. he didn't expect this outcome, but he has a trump card up his sleeve.

"it's not that i don't want to-" he doesn't. "-it's that i'm here under the league's name instead of personal business."

he thanks the gods for the ability to pass the responsibility to other names.

"instead of me, how about pr for the league's next event instead? like, you know, hst? that one's pretty big."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:39:42 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
That's exactly right. is the Elite Four's designated eye candy.[break][break]
"Oh. Um, I mean..." It's league business that she's talking about. Or maybe that wasn't clear. Luka's not yet an expert on selling herself, so it's not a surprise that some things get lost in translation.[break][break]
In her opinion, the League needs all the help it can get. Ever since that incident in Sootopolis, public opinion has been tumultuous at best. If there's something Luka can do to help, if she can help change even one person's mind...well, that's all worth it, isn't it?[break][break]

But she takes Kyle's suggestion in stride, with a cheerful smile to match. "Ehh, but that's like...doesn't the League have people for that already? Ah, it's not that I'm not interested! It's just..."[break][break]
It's a daunting responsibility. What if things go sideways, just like they had during the exhibition match with Matias? 's Darkrai still appears in her nightmares on occasion.[break][break]
"I mean, I'm flattered that you think I'm up for the task! To be honest, it does sound like fun...what kind of event do you think they'll be hosting next?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 6:06:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"everyone we have is boring," he says in a flat tone.

there's but she has something of a 'basic' girl label on her. also exists, but he fits a different demographic than what league most likely targets. there's too, but he can't see her doing cute things.

kyle gets to have a sigh of his own as he makes himself feel bad for thinking about the negatives of his colleagues.

"the project's a secret until it releases on public. hope you understand that we can't reveal details yet." the tone quickly shifts, much like kyle's acting. "but you get to be cute in all promotional materials if need be."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 6:42:37 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Did you really just call a basic bitch...ouch.[break][break]

"Eh? W-wait, um..." Confusion knits into the space between her brows. Has there been some kind of misunderstanding, or... "I mean, I totally get it if it's confidential! A-and I don't mean to pry, or anything."[break][break] Details can come later. For now, she needs him to clarify one thing before their time runs out.[break][break]

"Sorry, I mean, I thought you just meant, like...o-organizing things, or setting up interviews or a press conference, or something." It's not like she hasn't modeled before, but bank advertisements seem more mundane compared to something of this scale!
[break][break]"Of course, I'm happy to give the League a hand with anything they need..."
[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 7:23:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, that."

the others wouldn't be as vocal about their preferences besides those three on the top of his head. he'd include the members of the council, but all of them just roll with whatever.

"all the people back there want either loud, flashy celebrations full of alcohol or super serious and formal ones that might as well be a conference meeting. something wholesome, less chaotic. i wanna go for that, but i don't really want to put my suggestions on the spotlight."

having to defend his ideas was a pain. getting someone else to do it would be nice. if he just inserts his ideas to someone else, and have that someone be in charge of everything, then all complaints about muted, boring pr material won't be directed to him.

taking a card, he slides it across the table for luka.

"in case you wanna give it a try, here you go."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 8:00:46 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Mmm...I think I know what you mean!"[break][break]
And he's come to the right place. Just try and find someone else in Hoenn as cute as . You can't. She's all saccharine charm and adorable affectations, wrapped up in a pretty pink ribbon.[break][break]
She takes his card and offers him hers as well; white, with rose gold lettering. Professional, sure, but with a girlish air.[break][break]
"Okay then. I'll do my best to make your wishes come true, okay? I promise! I owe you for all your help with Jam back then...so consider it a favor, okay?" She beams at him just as the bell indicates the end of the round.[break][break]
"If it works out, I'll get in touch! Take care, Monsieur Lopez!"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lukyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 23:45:17 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times