part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
Am I Gonna Get Mugged? [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 1:17:48 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
140 for @rhysand
Locke was feeling a little more relaxed after the success of the first date of the night.

He took the small window of time between partners to accept one of the glasses of water being passed around, taking small sips between quick glances at his phone to make sure ’s number was actually there.

It was only a short time after that Koro-Koro bumped into the side of their head, forcing his trainer’s attention to the person approaching the other chair. This new date looked significantly more intimidating than the last, and about as far from Locke’s usual type as it got.

”O-oh! Hello! I’m Locke,” they greeted with an outstretched palm. Then, aware of the time limit and remembering how quickly their last partner had broken the ice, they asked, ”Um, so, what do you do for a living?”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 4:39:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysand"]

rhysand didn't mean to look intimidating to their second date, honestly. which...if it turned out that way, at least it could take away from the fact that they were clearly distracted. because, honestly, their first date () had been cute. very cute.
[break][break]
and honestly, rhysand wasn't regretting giving away their number just yet. they may, if it turns out they don't get a text, but...that was just how these things went, right? and they had tried it, even if it wasn't actually date reasons.
[break][break]
the mention of the tree was a distraction, too. because, you know, magic tree. it was more than enough to get rhysand's attention.
[break][break]
"huh?" it takes them a second to realize that their date is speaking, and half that time for them to try to correct themselves. "oh! i'm rhysand. sorry." they just feel awkward, now, and not in the way they had on their other date. "i'm a researcher. for...legendaries and stuff?" very specific. at least it wasn't a lie, so there was that. their date seemed scared of them enough.
[break][break]
"is it true there's a magic tree? in hoenn, i mean?" straight to the point. which...probably wasn't the best way to go about it, but it was too late to take it back now.
[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.rhysand]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A459FF;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rhysand b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 18:40:17 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
128 for @rhysand
Legendaries…normally it wouldn’t catch Locke’s interest, but with as many as he’d run into lately... ”I don’t know a whole lot about legendaries, just that most of the ones around here seem determined to give me a heart attack.”

They perked up a bit at Rhysand’s question though. ”There is! It turned up in Sootopolis all of a sudden one night, and now Rocket won’t let anyone near the thing.” It probably wasn't wise to spread it around, but the success of their last date had emboldened Locke somewhat, enough to take a quick glance around for eavesdroppers and lean in conspiratorially. ”I snuck in once, though, back when it first appeared. Wouldn’t try it again now, but I even caught a few Pokémon from inside of it!”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 17:15:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysand"]

the ones around here...? it takes rhysand a second to realize what locke could possibly mean, but they perk up when they do. "you've seen them? or....seen something about them?" either way, they'll consider it a victory, if locke isn't scared off by their sudden excitement surrounding the conversation.
[break][break]
they're already ready to take notes, honestly, the second they can. maybe not during the date, obviously, but if they can write down what they need to look into for sure...
[break][break]
locke confirms that there is a magic tree in hoenn, which....okay. okay. it's strange to think about, in all honesty, but they're not about to pass any information about it up. rocket had control of it...which was good, probably, considering rhysand was rocket. they wouldn't have to sneak around to try to get in.
[break][break]
"what times do you think would be best? to try to sneak in?" locke seems to be insistent on keeping it a secret, so they lower their voice in return. it would have to be late, right? not that rhysand is sure they'd have to, themselves, but it's important to know! just in case they're wrong, and they do have to sneak in.

[break][break]

[newclass=.rhysand .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysand .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 17:36:31 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
247 for @rhysand
”I’ve seen ‘em! Watched Lugia and Yvetal duke it out over a tree like the one in Sootopolis, but smaller. Saw Kyogre straight up eat a woman-she turned out fine, got married ‘n stuff.” Locke listed just a few of his recent encounters in the region, keeping track on his fingers as he talked. ”I hitched a ride on Virizion once.”

He decided to leave out his more…personal encounters with Shinnoh’s Lake Trio, and was all too happy to return to his little adventure in the Tree of Life.

”I actually did it in the middle of the day, believe it or not. Just Teleported right past the entrance with my Natu,” he said with a self-satisfied grin. It’d been nerve-wracking in the moment, but pulling one over on Rocket like that felt good, even months later.

They shook their head as they retreated back to their seat. “But like I said, it was pretty soon after it showed up, so there were lots of folks crowding around and not enough guards to keep an eye on everybody.” Especially not on random mailmen poking their noses where they shouldn’t. ”Nowadays there’s guards all over the place, and they’ve got a whole rotation worked out ‘n everything, so I wouldn’t recommend it now.”

Locke titled their head back as they thought of , however. ”I did run into a friend of mine in there, though. I don’t actually know how he got in, come to think of it.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 19:22:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysand"]

the last thing rhysand was even expecting was for locke to start listing off the legendaries they've seen. they're torn, for a moment because this could go two ways. one is that locke is just messing with them, and he hasn't seen any legendaries at all. the second is that they're not, and just casually telling a stranger this.
[break][break]
they're not sure which one sounds more believeable. it seems too detailed to just be some joke, but at the same time...it almost sounds too weird to be true. which, yes, they know is probably rich, coming from a legendary researcher. but it's true.
[break][break]
they leave it be (for now), instead focusing on the thoughts of the tree. locke had teleported right past, which...wasn't an option for rhysand if they had to. hopefully they wouldn't, but it was good to keep these things in mind, right? especially if takes them up on their offer, they needed a solid plan.
[break][break]
"maybe they snuck through, too?" rhysand, bless them, didn't even stop to consider that the friend locke mentioned was also rocket. it's the best thing they can think of, at the moment. which....they hope is fair. considering they have more important things to look into.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 21:24:07 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
106 for @rhysand
Locke was pretty sure was allergic to silence, but decided against voicing that opinion to a stranger.

Not that he had any time to, as the clock chose that moment to announce the end of their date. ”Oh, I’m sorry! We hardly even talked about you,” he said with genuine disappointment. It definitely wasn’t like him to monopolize a conversation like that. He must’ve seemed like such a chatterbox!

”Here, I’ll give you my number! I, uh, might actually have some questions of my own to ask you later…” They were feeling a bit bad using as their legendary encyclopedia all the time anyway.