Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 3:18:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It was midmorning on a quiet, cozy Saturday. Sunshine filtered through the windows of Barnaby's penthouse, instrumental pop covers played softly on overhead speakers, birds could be heard pleasantly chirping on the living room balcony. For once, it was peaceful.

Since the stars had aligned and they both had the day off, Barnaby had invited his dark knight over for some fun. Felix had been so complimentary of his cooking that he figured it'd be nice to give the guy a little private lesson.

Given their plans for the morning, Barnaby was wearing his natural black hair today. He didn't want to risk getting flour or batter in his admittedly expensive blonde wig, after all.

"Felix~" Barnaby beckoned brightly to the tall man currently reclining on his couch. "I think we're ready in here, mon beau."

The kitchen had been prepped for the work ahead. Ingredients of all kinds were organized along the back counter: several different types of flour, various brands of sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and other necessary dry goods. Cold ingredients were stocked in the industrial refrigerator. Bowls and utensils had been laid out. If they hadn't been in Barnaby's personal home, it might have looked like the set of a cooking show.

As Felix approached, the journalist's shining smile widened in glee. He was practically giddy to share this experience with the bodyguard.

"Thank you for agreeing to help! Palentine's Day is right around the corner and I have so many gifts to prepare." Mostly for his coworkers, but also select friends like and .
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 21:06:45 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
When Barnaby rung up his phone, this was the last possible thing Felix could've imaged him to say. He was well aware of the man's adoration with baking - how couldn't he be after his last invitation and visit - but that didn't explain why he thought it necessary to invite him over to help. Felix experience was less than abysmal; at one point, he had even thought of getting rid of his own kitchen all together.

But alas, there was no denying that silky voice. "Coming." He called back, rising up from the couch. Heavy footsteps trudged towards the kitchen and, as always, an impassive expression laid across his face. The only difference between today's apathetic stare and yesterday's was that today's was purposeful. For once, Felix was doing all that he could to mask the bubbling uncertainty that plagued his stomach and turned his finger tips numb. "No problem. I'm glad I could help."

Unsure of what to do first, he simply stared back at Barnaby like a child asking his mother for instructions.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 19:45:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Why had Barnaby invited over to bake, of all things? By his own admission Felix basically knew nothing about the culinary arts. If anything, he'd be a hindrance in the kitchen.

Thankfully, him helping wasn't really the point. Barnaby just wanted to spend more time together, to get to know the quiet man more and to continue to melt his icy exterior. It didn't help that the taste of Felix's lips on his was still lingering from their last encounter...

"Let's get started, then— oh! Wait, here, wear this." From a drawer Barnaby pulled out a festive apron, which matched the heart pattern on the one he currently had on. "Don't want to get your clothes messy." He cooed, smiling devilishly.

"Now — first thing's first! We're baking macarons today, so we need to get all of our dry ingredients together." Expecting Felix to follow, Barnaby walked over to the side counter where his large selection awaited. He handed his sous chef-for-the-day a bag of granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and almond flour, before returning to the large center island.

"Alright, time to get these mixed!"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 20:47:28 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Oh, okay."

Nimble fingers worked fast at the apron, wrapping the heart cluttered pattern around his body so that it neatly covered every inch of his invaluable outfit. It was odd how much value the blonde placed on some things.

The thrumming of his heart instantly increased in intensity as Felix's gaze returned to Barnaby's. One smile was all it took to send his head spinning into oblivion. Thankfully, his heart was given time to mellow back down while they approached the kitchen counter, which had been prepped and primed for their eager hands to get to work.

Granulated sugar, powdered sugar, almond flour? These unfamiliar combinations of words fluttered in his head as his hands went to work on organizing them, following whatever instructions Barnaby gave to his best capacity. But, as the chief would soon discover, this general was a notorious mess in the kitchen.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 1:30:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Dry ingredients in hand, they were prepared for the next step in the recipe, which called for a little more mechanical help. He gestured to the two stand mixers on the center island, one a pastel pink and the other an eggshell blue.

"Since I need a lot of macrons, I figured we could both have our own stations! Just follow my lead and you should be fine." His voice was warm and encouraging, like a beam of sunlight on a chilly morning.

"If you have questions let me know~" With that, Barnaby set to work. He grabbed one of the sets of measuring cups and began divvying out the appropriate amounts of sugar and flour into the mixing bowl.

Making sure to set the mixer on low, he allowed the whisk attachment to do it's thing.

As that was happening, a quick trip to the refrigerator garnered a large bowl of egg whites and a container of cream of tartar. Setting these next ingredients on the counter, Barnaby glanced over to see how Felix was getting along.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 4:37:00 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Keyword, 'should' be fine.

Felix knew he was a mess, and if he didn't, he had countless testimonials to remind him. He wanted to notify Barnaby of this handicap, but whenever he thought to open his mouth, the other was quick to soothe his worries with sparkling encouragement. So, again and again, the man swallowed down these hesitations, opting to trust the process.

Eyes pinned to the granite countertop, Felix silently stared at the overwhelming amount of ingredients placed in front of him. Measured out or not, it was the sheer number of them that spun his head around. But, yet again, he kept quiet. 'I just have to follow his lead,' He inwardly consoled himself.

Large hands gingerly plucked each cup of the measured ingredients from the counter and dumped it into the bowl, as instructed. One by one, each one went, following the exact order Barnaby went by. The only difference lay with the general level of mess that was left behind. While Barnaby left not a hint of flour outside the bowl, Felix's entire side of the island was littered with speckles of white and brown. Some even painted his face.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2022 5:31:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
How someone could make such a mess in so little time was beyond Barnaby. Was it unexpected? No. Was it an inconvenience? Not really.

Was the light dusting of flour on Felix's face cute and endearing? Yes, absolutely.

Smiling, he approached the larger man and lightly brushed most of the flour from his cheeks.

"Quite the mess you've made already, mon beau." Barnaby cooed, chuckling to himself. No admonishments for the spilled ingredients, no reprimands for wasted time. He was light, playful, relaxed.

"Come, let's continue. Next we add the egg whites, cream of tartar, sugar, and a little bit of salt." He said, turning back to the counter, but jolted to a stop. "Oh! I almost forgot. We have to choose a color."

From a nearby drawer Barnaby pulled out a box of gel food coloring containing all of the primary colors, as well as others like pink and green.

He held the box open for Felix to view and asked excitedly, "Which one should we use?!"

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 3:58:51 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
In contrast to Barnaby's laid-back response, Felix's face had scrunched up into folds of frustration and his eyebrows had knitted together. Why was he so terrible at this? Sure, baking wasn't one of his strong suits, but did that mean he had to be terrible at it? 

Thankfully, these bubbling pessimistic thoughts cooled at Barnaby's touch. Soft fingers gingerly brushed against the guard's cheeks, dusting off the powder, and inadvertently, fired off streams of electricity throughout his face. "Sorry..." He apologized, eyes still pinned to the counter. It wasn't until he mentioned choosing a color that Felix's chin lifted back up, curious about what he meant.

Peering into the box, his gaze skipped from color to color before returning to Barnaby. It was an easy choice. "This one." With his index finger, he gestured towards the purple gel that was tucked closer towards the corner of the box. Why? Well, the answer was simple. It was the one that reminded him of Barnaby the most.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 1:21:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
In typical journalist fashion, Barnaby was hyper-observant and rarely missed much, even Felix's minute changes in body language. This time, however, he was being fairly obvious in his disappointment.

Barnaby appreciated the candidness. Usually Felix tried to hide his feelings away behind a veil of stoicism. Progress, perhaps?

"No need to apologize. Baking is always messy. Just a part of the process~" Light encouragement, always.

It didn't take long for the bodyguard to choose his color, though it did cause one of Barnaby's eyebrows to quirk in surprise.

"Purple, hm? Interesting choice." He'd expected something a little darker, like blue or green. "I like it, though! Should make the macarons very appealing."

Nodding in affirmation, he looked up at the bigger man with an excited smile on his lips. It was then that he saw a little more flour on Felix's nose, like a white Rudolph's bulb. Barnaby resisted the urge to once again make contact. Focus, focus.

"Is purple your favorite color, mon beau?" A question asked as he continued with the recipe, plucking the food coloring from the box and adding a few drops of it, plus the other ingredients on the list, to the stand mixer bowl.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 2:54:25 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Barnaby's light encouragement acted as soothing aloe for the man's disappointment. One by one, the creases of his forehead faded away, as he resumed back to his default expression. The only difference was the tiny glint in his eyes whenever the other spoke to him.

"Not really."

Purple wasn't exactly his favorite color-- that spot was reserved for ol reliable himself: black. But from what he knew, black wouldn't make the most appetizing macarons, and besides...

"It reminds me of you, though." He shrugged, eyes still set onto the mixing ingredients and the array of food colorings Barnaby had plucked out from his cabinets. While the sheer amount of items still confused him, he was determined to grow more accustomed to the ways of the kitchen. Because, who knows? Maybe it'll be him preparing something for someone relatively soon.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 0:43:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Does it? How so?” Barnaby asked nonchalantly, his eyes averted to the kitchen island.

An interesting label, purple. The color of royalty, representative of wisdom and luxury. Was that how Felix viewed him?

He busied himself with the mixing of the batter, being sure to scrape the excess from the edge of the steel bowl and blend out any clumps. It smelled good, it looked as if it was prepared correctly, but there was only one true way to know if the mixture would morph into perfect macarons.

Swiping a clean finger into the batter, Barnaby shifted closer to Felix and held his hand up near the other man's mouth. “How does this taste?

An innocent enough question, said in an innocent enough tone. It was hard to hide the mischief in his eyes, though.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 21:00:29 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Why did purple remind him of Barnaby?

To be honest, Felix wasn't sure, and the endless mixing of the ingredients (which had mostly fell onto Barnaby and his machinery's lap) didn't really stir up any thought as to how, or even when, he made that connection.

"I don't know," He plainly admitted. As gently as he could muster, the large man took grasp of the free bowl and slowly gave it whisk. He kept doing this, each swipe of the hand moving faster than the last, as the gears in his head continued to turn and clang against one another, and his eyebrows furrowed in complete contemplative thought.

"It stands out the same way you," He started, eyes still pinned onto the bowl and it's shifting mush of ingredients, "and it's mysterious in the same way you are. ...Hard to understand, in a way."

The ends of his lips curled upward, and a tiny glint shined bright in his eyes. "But it's okay, because I already know what I need to."

That he has an absolute, undeniable gravitational pull on him.

Turning, Felix's eyes returned to Barnaby's, and without another word left to be exchanged, he gingerly grabbed onto his wrists, opened his mouth, and gave the batter a long, drawn out test, without ever breaking eye contact.

"It's good."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 1:54:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Sweet.

As sweet as these macarons, despite his steely outer shell. spoke such nice things with such a kind expression in his eyes. It thrilled Barnaby more than he realized.

What was even more thrilling, however, was the warmth of Felix's tongue sucking batter from his finger.

Barnaby held the taller man’s gaze with unflinching resolve and, as his next question fell from his lips, a tense electricity passed between them.

When he was done with his taste test - Barnaby's wrist still in hand - the journalist leaned in a little closer and whispered,

Tell me, Felix, what is it that you already know?

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 22:03:17 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
What did he already know?

Using his arm as a way to prop himself upright, Felix leaned forward until their faces were nearly smooshed together. Then, with his other hand, he released Barnaby's wrist, and instead, slowly brought it up to his cheek, which he lightly cusped. Rough and full of callouses, his thumb stroked the man's nearly perfect cheek, and as a result, a small smile soon fell upon his lips.

"I know how you make me feel." He whispered.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
JUST DESSERTS [M]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 23:29:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The feeling of rough callouses against soft skin was a jarring experience; not because of of the physical act, but because of the sentimentality behind it. Barnaby leaned into the touch, matching Felix's expression with a soft smile of his own. Using one hand to grasp the other man's apron, he pulled him in closer, leaving barely any space between their two bodies.

For now, all thoughts of baking were lost in the bodyguard's intense stare. With that in mind, and after so many probing inquiries, his next words were anything but. Felix's disclosure was met, not with a question, but with -

A demand.

"Tell me, then."