thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 21:28:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There's few people whose distress call can get Gavin to drop whatever he's working on; Rowan just happens to be one of them. Gavin's lounging in his hammock by the pool, sunglasses and cocktail and all—

And within a matter of minutes, he's dressed and standing on the docks of Slateport, head still swimming a little from teleport sickness and a belt of pokeballs cinched around his waist. Hers is tucked under his arm, hidden, until he's vanished beneath the dark of the ocean water and it's safe to call upon his patron's aid. She's none too happy about the rude awakening, especially not at being confined to a beast ball for the trip, red eyes glowering as Gavin swims close and gripes a bone-white spine.

"I know. I'm sorry. This is important."

Without a word, she dives.

By the time they arrive upon the scene, the pirate vessel has already pulled up alongside the half-submerged ruin of Sea Mauville, plunderers swarming the slanted decks like ants. When Gavin surfaces near his brother, an Eelektross covered in black crystal shards circles the pool from which he draws himself up.

"All right, Ro?"

A ZAP CANNON thunders toward one of their foes, blocked by a pillar earth.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 23:59:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I’d be better if I wasn’t getting shanghai’d by these unwashed morons.” Rowan admitted in an almost casual tone, as though he was barely phased by the occurrence. This was more of a matter of tedium than actual impediment, that much was for sure. “Nix, Ice Beam.” The Lapras he was standing atop reared back it’s head and unleashed the frozen attack, creating a slick surface on the gangways.

Amber eyes watched as a number of them slipped and fell into the ocean before the rest smartened up and started using their Pokémon to cross the gap. Waiting for them on the deck of Sea Mauville wasn’t a more friendly sight, suddenly facing down the imposing figure of Rowan’s Poliwhirl. “Ora, you know what to do.”

Some bones were getting broken today.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 0:32:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"'Shanghai'd?'"

A vine whip lashes out toward his ankle, but in a swirl of miasma Gavin manages to slip out of the way. Thankfully without literally slipping, taking care not to step near the icy hazard created by Rowan's Lapras.

"Backup'll deal with the boat," he says, "we just need to wipe the crew."

Eekeltross COILS and then launches itself with reckless abandon, slamming into a Dhelmise with its VOLT SWITCH. A Sandslash emerges in its place, firing a howling BLIZZARD toward the aggressor.

"They make off with anything or is this the first wave?"

Gavin has to raise his voice to be heard over the din of battle.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 18:10:24 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“What, you’ve never heard that term before?” A small smirk crawled over Rowan’s lips, stepping off the Lapras and onto the deck of Sea Mauville. “Don’t think they’ve managed to get much, but I don’t want to chance them escaping with anything potentially valuable to us.” The click of the tongue was enough to get Poliwrath’s attention, stepping across the rusted metal and standing at the side of their trainer.

“Some are already down below, care to open a shortcut, Ora?” The Poliwrath nodded, rearing back a fist and slamming a Dynamic Punch into the weakened steel, opening a hole big enough for them to descend into the bowels below. “You ready to dive?” Rowan asked Gavin, leaping into the opening himself, Ora following after.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2022 18:48:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
With a shake of his head, Gavin laughs.

"No. Enlighten me?"

His brother explains the situation and Gavin nods to show he's understood, summoning his own Eelektross away from the floating corpse of its victim and back to his side. Electricity crackles along its lithe form as it swims circles in the air.

"I won't tell about that," he jests of the hole punched in the steel, refitting the respirator that he'd discarded upon surfacing. "S'how I got here, isn't it? Lead on."

In truth, he's not happy at all to be diving into a small hole in a labyrinth of a wreck, especially not after what had happened to him and during his acquisition of the Shell Badge, but he doesn't want to look weak in front of the other man. How far he's come, huh? He can scarcely glimpse the frightened youth who'd been shivering in the deep with his Piplup in the Rocket Beast that leads the way into Sea Mauville's depths. For whatever it's worth, Gavin feels proud of Rowan.

Eelektross brings up the rear, the glow of its electricity a faint light in the gloom.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 1:32:25 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Cold water braced Rowan as he dived into the bowels of Sea Mauville, fearless in the face of uncertain surroundings and lurking enemies. Carefully pulling himself onto the jagged steel platform, the presence of others was immediately noticeable in the path that had been laid out with chemical lights. “I think they’re going for the control room.” Rowan advised Gavin once he surfaced as well, gesturing down the hallway. “It’s not submerged, so the equipment should be intact.”

Ora took the initiative, stepping ahead of them to lead the way. It wouldn’t take them long to discover those that happened upon their ‘treasure’. Two men stood outside the doors leading into the control room, one with a Rhydon and the other a Dhelmise. “Which one do you want?” He asked Gavin, letting his older brother of the choice of who to demolish. "Boss, we got company!"

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 2:08:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Once they're underway, Gavin keeps chatter to a minimum. He communicates where needed with hand signals, a habit picked up in Kanto. Perhaps one day he'll teach his brother some of the signs he'd once used.

Today, though, they have a mission.

Gavin nods to the target with the Dhelmise, a low whistle echoing ominous through the hall. Two clicks of his tongue and his Eelektross erupts from the water behind, launching itself at the Dhelmise and latching on like a DARK LEECH. A harsh metal sound tears through the hall as the anchor shrieks, swinging it's heavy chain and slamming its attacker into the wall.

Eelektross makes a horrible retching noise, spewing GASTRO ACID, and when the Dhelmise attempts to drain its lifeforce, the effects of the shadow move become apparent. While energy is sapped from the eel, it isn't given to Dhelmise.

When the Dhelmise falls, Eelektross COILS around its trainer and squeezes, tight.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 3:49:42 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
A precision Hydro Pump brought the Rhydon onto their knees, and the Dynamic Punch soon after was enough to knock them unconscious. Short work for two of the strongest trainers in Team Rocket, but much more couldn’t be expected from two-bit bandits. “Out of the way.” Rowan advanced on the two men, devoid of their Pokémon now. A swift blow to the stomach caused the one he’d targeted to double over, bringing his knee upwards into their nose, effectively shattering it.

Confident that Gavin could handle the other man, Rowan strode inside the control room. Inside, there was only but a single man, standing in front of a hole in the steel flooring, eyes fixated on the darkened depths. “It’s over, get out of Sea Mauville or I'll remove you in a much less pleasant way.” The so-called ‘Boss’ seemed unphased by the words, even as Gavin entered the room behind Rowan, as though they were in a trance.

“Oi, are you listening?” Finally, the man turned. His eyes were glazed over, almost as though he wasn’t alive at all. “Y̶͓͝o̸̱̚ū̶ͅ ̸̫̃w̸̞̓i̷̠̊l̷̥̕l̷͖͘ ̴̯́b̷͈͊e̶̾ͅc̷̪̏o̸̪̎m̸̩̋e̸̻͘ ̷̲̃o̴̟͝n̶͔͒e̷͇͗ ̶̦͠o̵͍̿f̷͖̊ ̶̡̓t̸̲͋h̵̬́e̷̞͒ ̴̪͠ḏ̶̏r̸̞͂ȏ̷̪w̷̠̃n̸̘̑e̸̙͂d̴̮̓.̶́ͅ” Rowan raised an eyebrow, uncertain of what was happening. “The hell are you talking about?” A crimson gleam shone from the water, attracting the attention of the pirate once more. “̵͖̿I̶̪͒n̸̬̾t̸̗̎ȑ̷̜ú̷̪ḍ̷̃e̴̞̽r̶̺̃s̶̤̊ ̷͈̑w̷̼͆i̶̠̅l̷̍͜l̶̤͛ ̵͈̕b̸̦̚ȩ̵͂ ̸̗̐d̶͓̊r̶̩̒a̴̫̚g̴͕̾g̶͎̔e̸̜͂d̷̪̂ ̶͇́t̵̞̂ö̷̧ ̸̲͒t̶͔̎ẖ̶̇ë̴̺́ ̷̣̀d̵̘̐é̸͜p̷͉̐t̴̥̂h̴̬̀s̴̤͝,̶͋ͅ ̷͋ͅẏ̶̪ȏ̵̜ư̵̱r̷̠̀ ̶̛͜t̴̘̽i̴̪̾m̴̦̀e̶͔͂ ̵̟̍w̸̝͐i̵̗͛l̶̝͝l̸͉̎ ̴̲͂c̷̹͛ȍ̵̯m̶̡̀e̷͇͌.̴͓͑”̵̘̓ ̴͈͋

A few steps forward and soon the pirate plunged themselves into the water, sinking deeper and deeper, bubbles rising to the surface until they petered out and ceased entirely. Rowan cast a glance towards Gavin, utterly baffled. “Any idea what the bloody hell that was about?”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 5:49:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
With his Dhelmise down, the other bandit is helpless to fight against the Eelektross as it slowly drives the breath from his lungs. Gavin doesn't stop to check if the man lives or dies; his concern is in staying with his brother, so he follows Rowan into the room.

He's already got another pokeball in hand with the intention of dealing with this man in a much similar manner, but their quarry barely seems to register the Sandslash that enters the room with winter's chill. Frost creeps along the floor but the 'boss' has eyes only for the deep.

Gavin's Sandslash snarls, but a single click keeps it at bay.

"What the fuck."

He shakes his head at Rowan's question.

"Your guess is as good as mine. What was he...?"

Gavin takes a step closer to the water, cautious, trying to see if he can catch a glimpse of what might've lured the pirate into the deep.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 5:51:04 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

PLUNDER PATROL

OCCUPIED OCEAN

With the danger of pirates subverted, the oceans around Sea Mauville calm once more. Yet, there is something that UNNERVES Lugia, and therefore Gavin as well. Something stirs in the darkness below, far deeper than most Pokémon ever dared to go. A PRIMORDIAL DREAD emanates from the abyss, inviting you to stare deeper despite your instinct to turn away.

Visions of AN EYE appear in your mind, watching you through fathoms of crushing blackness. Although you aren't physically bound, you feel ETHEREAL TENDRILS slip from the abyss, grasping and beckoning you deeper into the water.

Perhaps due to your connection with Lugia, these feelings are fleeting. You're able to break this ELDRITCH HOLD over your mind within moments, shaken and uncertain of what lies in the domain of your legend.

WHAT LURKS IN THE DEPTHS?

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 6:05:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Something was wrong.

Gavin doesn't immediately connect the dread coiled in the pit of his stomach to Lugia; she was somewhere on the outskirts, circling the ship and dealing with whatever attempts the pirates might've made to deter her. Perhaps he's simply anxious on account of the 'boss' exhibiting such weird behavior. He should stay away from the water, and yet...

Gavin takes a step forward.

He sways for a moment as the vision overtakes him, touching a hand to his temple. He feels a surge of anger as the tendrils attempt to beckon him into the abyss, and Lugia's wordless warning breaks the trace.

Alarmed, Gavin takes three steps back for the two he'd taken forward and throws out an arm with the intent to halt Rowan if his brother tried to get any closer to the hole.

"Something's not right, something's down there. Can you feel that?"

He feels sick with dread.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 2:01:06 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Huh?” An eyebrow arched at the question, curious. “I didn’t feel anything.” Although he hadn’t experienced the same sensation as Gavin, Rowan was disturbed by how shaken they seemed, having known his brother to be more steeled than most. Stepping towards the hole in the floor, he took a moment to peer into the water, unable to discern anything in the murky depths below. “Are you alright?”

Amber eyes searched their features for a moment before moving to the consoles, checking the machinery for any salvaging or sabotage that had been committed by the pirates. “Doesn’t seem like they got away with anything, at least.” Nothing valuable had been destroyed or stolen, not that there was much left of the aged computers to be spoken for.

“Guess we should head back up now, yeah?”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
plunder patrol [s/oo]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 3:54:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Rowan!"

With his previous warnings ignored, Gavin hisses his brother's name as the fool steps close to the pool he'd all demanded he stay away from. Not with words, but with actions. Both, now, as he grabs Rowan by the arm to yank him back and says, "Whatever compelled him to jump into the water tried to get me, too. Stay away from there!"

It's his worst fear, drowning. His eyes are wide enough to bare their whites.

Miasma spills from him to fill the room, brushing up against damp corners. Where ordinarily it makes Gavin feel safer, he can't shake the dread that's made a home beside his ribs.

"Yeah," he says, too quickly, when Rowan suggests heading back up. "If they didn't get anything, for sure."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights