december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
382 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 18:19:45 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
he's not too keen on meeting people, unless they're the ones who make the effort of getting friendly. one or two was already enough, and he's not sure if he can handle more.

wolfgang convinces himself that he should finish the ride since he already paid for it.

"wolfgang volkov. mechanical engineer. littleroot."

the introduction was quick, sharp, and straight to the point. there's very little else to say anyways, especially given that they're time limited. saying the answers to the obvious questions was just common sense.

he takes a cookie from the table and hands it to the typhlosion standing behind him before turning back to his partner with the question that expects him to say the equivalent things.

"so, what's your thing?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 19:37:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin appreciates his partner's willingness to get down to business; they won't have much time and breath is wasted on formalities.

"Finn," he introduces himself, though a little card had introduced him as Thomas Finnegan. "Paleontologist. I study fossil Pokémon, sometimes revive 'em. Go all over the region but right now I'm in Mossdeep."

Given that it's where Chu-e had lived and where his sister had once held residence, he knows the city fairly well. He's relying on that in case of scrutiny.

"So what sorts of things does a mechanical engineer do? That like working on vehicles?"

An experimental bite of a macaron reveals it to be mint-flavoured, and Gavin seems pleased as he chews.

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
382 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 4:49:52 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"we design and build shit. fancy ass contraptions you use to revive fossils is child's play."

his tone was said with conviction and confidence, void of arrogance that would accompany big words like that usually.

"lately, that's all the shit i've been workin' on. most exciting thing i've been doing is fix shit for labs and ranger outposts there. can't help that littleroot's a little... close to nature."

it wasn't like the city, where innovations happen all over. some weird project would be started one year, and then another a following year. most of them were experiments meant to fail, but he still gets paid regardless anyways.

"i've also worked for more complicated shit that that. not sure exactly what you do, mister paleontologist, but surely, you'll find someone in my trade useful."

he takes out a card, holding it in between his fingers, and casually holds it over for gavin to take.

having worked with rocket scientists in their labs before, he most certainly had more questionable projects worked on. keeping his status as an ex-convict makes him hold his tongue against revealing it to get more pull on his trade.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 12:56:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Polite inquiry transitions into genuine interest. He'd once tried to take apart one of the machines used to revive fossils and hadn't the slightest idea how to put it back together, how it worked.

"You ever travel the region for work?" Littleroot did seem pretty boring, at least where prospects were concerned. "Might be you could find something more interesting elsewhere."

Gavin takes the offered card, wondering if might need an engineer for his current pet project. Dangerous to involve an outsider, but did Rocket have any mechanical engineers in its employ? He makes a point to ask around out of curiosity.

"If you 'fix shit for labs' I'm sure I will. I take good care of my equipment but everything breaks eventually."

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
382 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 18:39:30 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"if people ask for me, sure, i'll go there. problem's that nobody ever fucking does!"

it doesn't help that he works freelance, and that he doesn't actively market his brand well, nor promote his business in any other way. his talent on business and communication are, unfortunately, as non-existent as his connections.

"unless y'er talkin' shit 'bout my littleroot-" he stares right through gavin with a glare. "-we don't talk shit 'bout my littleroot. that's just fuckin' rude."

only after he has said things did he realize he got too upset on the littlest thing. he breaks away, reclining all the way to the back of his seat.

he tells himself that he has to fix this attitude, else he's going to lose any potential clients.

"i appreciate your concern, finnegan, but don't worry 'bout my business."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 18:56:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The shift in Wolfgang's mood is sudden. Behind Gavin, the Lucario that's stood still as a statue lets out a low snarl, showing her teeth. Gavin seems more surprised than fazed, brow vanishing behind his fringe.

"I don't recall saying anything against Littleroot. It's a small town. Business opportunities are slim."

This wouldn't be his first 'date' to turn into a fight, though normally he and were smiling and laughing as they went at one another. Gavin can feel the itch beneath his skin, the flood of adrenaline. And then Wolfgang seems to remember himself, leaning back in the chair, and Gavin swallows down the primal instinct that claws in his chest.

"Finn," he corrects, then, "Duly noted."

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
382 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 18:35:38 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
part of him just wants to slink away from the table.

the bell saves him. a sound that indicates the end of their short time together rings and wolfgang now has an excuse to leave the scene and the mess he left.

"well, that's time."

he stands up, taking a cookie on the go, and tucks his chair back in. despite the outburst, the recovery that comes afterward suggests that this was a normal thing for him.

"just ignore whatever i did earlier. i'm workin' on that," he tells finn. just as he was about to leave, he adds one final note. "i'll also ask not to do a background check if you ever decide to avail my services. thanks."

finding a criminal record behind his name was bad for the business, and is also a reason any company worth their salt would rather go for a more trustworthy engineer.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 20:38:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Wolfgang's quick shift back to calm is only somewhat jarring; Arceus knows there's enough unhinged personalities in Rocket that being snapped at one second and politely regarded the next is practically common. Gavin's adrenaline is slower to adapt, heart still pounding and muscles tense. Fight or flight, except there's no fight to be had.

He dips his head, acquiescent. "No problem."

Gavin gets up, also tucking in his chair, and glances up with open curiosity at Volkov's parting remark. Suddenly, this random Littleroot engineer is all the more interesting.

Just who are you? Maybe he'll find out.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wolvin [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 7:26:01 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS