part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
Round 2: Klaus x Elaine
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 6:27:30 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Giving a little wave of goodbye to his first date, Klaus exhales an audible puff of air when he goes to collect his next partner: Elaine Highland. His nerves now somewhat burned away, the man takes a moment to smooth the front of his shirt and adjust his tie, his expression critical when he examines his blue nail polish. He should have changed the shade last night.

[break][break]
With a little wrinkle of his nose he shoves his hands into his pockets and saunters up to the appropriate table with what he hopes is a charming smile at the sight of his new partner. Pulling one hand out to extend it, he greets brightly, "Hey. I'm Klaus. It's nice to meet you."

[break][break]
The man then flops down into a chair on the opposite side of the table, his head cocking to the side as he looks over the woman. "I'm one of the lighthouse keepers over at Lilycove," he supplies by way of conversation. "What do you do?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#73A6A9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 3:18:34 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

It had been too quick for the bell to toll, heralding the end of round one and signaling the start of round 2. Elaine had quickly shuffled the card she had been offered into a small deck attached to her phone before she had begrudgingly moved from the station she had been at to the next one. Ah, the despair of a burgeoning conversation cut far too short.

Nevertheless, she had moved on to the next one with Titania in tow--this time coming into encounter with a young man who had been the quickest to introduce himself.

"Call me Elaine." After taking a moment to give a firm handshake to him, she took her seat across from him.

"A lighthouse keeper, huh?" It was hardly a glamorous career, but it was still a respectable one. He was, after all, someone who worked to prevent deaths--a stark opposition to the girl who was merely a grim reaper who walked in after death to claim another.

"I'm a detective. A semi-independent one." The girl who once was called Jubilife's Child Wonder awkwardly described her current life.

Tag:

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
You will find no hidden agendas in the sea's desire to swallow you whole
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 0:32:28 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Elaine," Klaus repeats. "It's nice to meet you."

[break][break]
Once he releases Elaine's hand the young man fidgets in his seat, his fingers moving to idly pick at one of his nails in nervous habit. Klaus gives a nod as to his profession, his gaze casting sidelong to the Dhelmise that fades into view just on the edge of his peripheral vision. Good - he wasn't getting into too much trouble with so many people around.

[break][break]
His head cocking to the side, Klaus muses aloud, "So you like, find people? Figure out who killed people?" His attention once more focused on the woman before him, Klaus offers a half-smile as his hands continue to fidget against one another.

[break][break]
"That must be exciting, right?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 4:19:01 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

"You could call it equal parts exciting and depressing. Though I can find missing people, I'm usually the kind of person who is called after the cadaver has been first found."

Elaine frowned. As much as she had expected to speak about her own work but she did feel she was getting a bit too carried away.

"Well, there are too many details, but even after the spotlight dropped when I became an adult, my track record's been pretty spotless. But certain things are a bit too dark and bloody for this kind of event, don't you think."

With a quick sigh, she gave a wink to the young man across from her. "So, let's hold off on talking about that kind of thing. What of being a lighthouse keeper? I imagine that brings excitement out in its own way."

Her hand continued to slowly stroke Titania's large maw, much to its enjoyment as she stayed by Elaine's side.

Tag:

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 20:53:29 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Ah," Klaus replies, his nose wrinkling faintly. He had seen his own share of corpses in the ocean and could not find it in himself to envy anyone who willingly went searching for them. He blinks once as the woman before him continues to talk, her self-assured comment as to things too dark and bloody for this sort of event certainly unexpected.
[break][break]
A flighty, uncertain laugh spills from Klaus as he's prompted further about his job, his expression momentarily hesitant. "Nothing that exciting," he assures Elaine. "I usually work nights. Have to upkeep the property. Make sure the radios and such are working." With a shrug he adds, "Sometimes we get middle school trips out of Lilycove. Those are always fun, actually. They come out for the afternoon and have their lunches and we give them a little tour."
[break][break]
Offering a half-smile he pivots the conversation with, "Any hobbies? I play viola for the kids sometimes."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 5:47:34 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

"I remember those types of field trips as a kid. Those were always pretty fun. At least right until a murder happened. Like that time we went to Hearthome's Contest Hall..." Elaine shifted her head down into a moment of thought as a realization came to her. Her hand carefully embraced her chin as she dropped into a singular moment of deep thought. "Now that I think about it, given my track record for attracting a case on those types of events, it was a wonder I wasn't banned from trips and events past a certain point."

It's often said that correlation does not necessarily imply causation, so perhaps the adults had taken that into account and assumed the risk of an incident happening without her around was not worth taking.

"Regardless, I wouldn't decry your profession like you're doing now." Elaine smiled as she forced herself out of the train of thought she had caught herself in. "There's nothing like showing wide-eyed tots around and making them excited, right? Gives you a warm feeling, even on those dreary nights right?"

Elaine gave a quick giggle as she realized this encounter was different from the last one.

"As for hobbies...motorcycle? No, I guess that's not a hobby. I guess I have been trying to pen a book of recollections. Everything I've seen has given me enough reason to think, you know?" Elaine scratched her cheek a bit. "Oh, but I do like riding motorcycles. The feeling of the wind in your hair never gets any less satisfying."

Tag:

close tab

played by

Laika Boss

He/Him/His
June 12th
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Lighthouse Keeper
Grunt
Shut up and be happy
it's all in your head
5'10" / 177.8cm height
5'10" / 177.8cm height
awards
214 posts
part of
TAG WITH @klaus
klaus anchoret
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 21:30:19 GMT
klaus anchoret Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Klaus blinks slowly at the comment about murder, his head slowly tilting to the side as he asks a touch incredulously, "What the hell kind of field trips were you going on?" He coughs immediately, shifting uncomfortably at his outburst as a flighty laugh spills from his lips; rubbing at the back of his neck, he offers a wholly awkward smile.
[break][break]
With a shrug, he continues haltingly, "I'm not decrying it. It's just usually quiet. Nothing too exciting."
[break][break]
Flashing a crooked smile at the offering of motorbikes, Klaus opens his mouth to speak and then pauses as a warning is announced about the time. His throat clearing, he offers his hand once more and says instead, "It was nice to meet you, Elaine. Have a good one, yeah?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
--- height
--- height
awards
413 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 4:18:11 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

She could have stood to word it better, but what was done was done. Despite her focus on excitement, she did want to leave what she said on one note. "That being said, quiet is nice too. I'd be quite an idiot to be the one decrying that despite saying you were the one doing so."

Caught in a moment of embarrassment, she gave a light chuckle. 

But all things would come to an end as the chime for the end of the current session would ring out.

Seeing him off his hand, she offered one of her own with a firm grasp before holding out a business card with the other. "It was a pleasure meeting you too. If you ever have need for a detective, do ring me up~."

Tag:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,962 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 5:09:20 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS