2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 19:18:59 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Okay... How's Thursday? I'm free first thing.” He'd asked some nights ago down the phone, scribbling an address in his journal with questionable penmanship. Lid of the biro thoroughly chewed as the page is illuminated by campfire glow. 

Angelo hopes that was an early bird.

Finding time in his schedule was an unpredictable and often spontaneous experience. Such was the world of the self-employed, restless wanderers and money seekers.

For the League doctor's surprise invitation however, Angelo reserves space at a reasonable hour.

Well. He does his best, anyway.

Some time around 08:00am, Angelo stands in front of the home of Hoenn's very own Head Professor. Hand casually shoved in his worn, leather jacket pocket and fresh faced, as if he'd been awake already for a good few hours already.

The Dreepy draped over the back of his shoulders, in sharp contrast, yawns heavily. 

Ding-Dong-Ding-Dong.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 20:51:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
“Thursday’s perfect!” Eva had replied, while actively rearranging her schedule on her computer to accommodate the pilot. She wasn’t about to say no to Angelo or miss her opportunity to chat with him. It was too important to her current research and the longevity of Hoenn and the safety of its people in general.

A final click confirms the appointment, and until then, she would anxiously wait . . . and compile as much information as she could so she’s prepared for their meeting.

When the bell echoes through the beach front house, a loud, deep bark rings through the hallways. There’s a muffled sound of wrestling behind the front door as Eva wrangles the Shiny Lycanroc into submission. When she finally throws open the door, a rather rambunctious and happy canine lunges to greet him. Luckily, Eva has her by the collar, “Xena! Bad girl! Sit! . . . SIT!” with a sharp whine, the blue canine sits its butt on the ground, letting a soft whine show her excitement to see a new face.

“Sorry about that! We’re still learning manners,” Eva waves at Angelo to enter, “Come on in! Come on in!”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 15:37:37 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo finds himself smiling before Eva even has a chance to open the door, the sound of chaos incapable of being contained behind a measly door.

He's all but ready to welcome the boisterous canine into his arms when the entrance crashes open, knees bending and muscles braced as if anticipating the lunge.

The tell-tale signs of a man who was used to a lively greeting from an energetic Lycanroc of his own.

Clyde, however, slithers beneath the collar of his jacket and nestles himself into the safety of the interior breast pocket.

Woah! Hey there, gorgeous.

Lips splitting into a wide smile as he laughs, Angelo's hands reach out to frame Xena's face. Calloused palms drawn to scratch behind her ears as if under magnetic demand.

Hopefully Eva won't mind if he fusses a little. 

No worries, I go through something similar with my rascal back home.” Training Orion manners had not been quite as diligent an affair, however.

Finally, Angelo looks up towards the professor, regarding her with a cordial curl of his mouth as he detaches herself from Xena to follow her inside the seaside home.

Last time they'd seen one another - met, even - had been during the AQUA excursion. Not like there had been much of an opportunity there for anything beyond introductions...

You and the other half been good?” Since the extradimensional battle against their fishy counterparts, he means.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 23:45:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Giving into the pressure, Eva relaxes, letting go of the Lycanroc’s collar and letting her leap towards Angelo. He bathed in a shower of wet kisses and a very enthusiastically wagging tail, “They’re a rambunctious group, aren’t they?” She’s referring to Lycanroc in general. Most seemed to be filled with boundless energy.

When the two were done with their greeting, Eva happily leads Angelo through the entrance of their home. Just before the step into a large living room with stunning beach view, she veers them left into the kitchen.

“Yeah! We’ve been good. Both very busy,” as always. Especially after the events of their travel through space and time. The League Scientists were working overtime. Both and herself were burning the midnight oil on a regular basis trying to keep up with everything happening in Hoenn, “It’s been exhausting but . . . thrilling,” she admits, throwing a knowing smile over her shoulder at Angelo, “Skyler doing well after all that? Yourself?” she continues the small talk while motioning to a stool at the counter.

The marble is covered in papers spread across the majority of its surface with a laptop as the centerpiece. There’s graphs, reports, countless lines of data readings, and descriptions of pokemon never seen before, “Can I get you something to drink? Coffee? Water? Coffee with a little somethin’ extra?” no judgements here if he wanted a drink in the morning. Eva already has a fresh cup of black coffee near her previous seat, white wisps of steam curling around the edges of the mug.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 16:48:20 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
After scuffing the soles of his boots against the welcome mat, blue eyes sweep the home of one Doctor Eva Morales. Curious of the space he's guided through that's shared between professor and elite trainer.

Even if Angelo prefers the smaller, cosy vibes of the Sotally Tober apartment as it bobs within the marina, the large rooms and beautiful, ocean views are certainly nothing to be scoffed at.

And that kitchen... Damn. He almost whistled.

Took the words out of my mouth.” Angelo responds on a chuckle, sharing sentiments. “Feels like we haven't stopped since then. But we're both good.

Since they'd last seen one another under the summons of the League, life had been a whirlwind of activity. His wings pulled left and right by the demands of the breeze, new phenomenon or his vacant pockets.

I like it that way, though. Don't think I'd know what to do with myself if I couldn't work on the road.

A life sat at a desk, void of wind in his hair and eyes starved of new discoveries, was not meant for him as much as it wasn't one for the likes of Skyler.

He'd sooner turn back to cycling for the mart than that.  

Hopping up onto the bar stool, Angelo eyes the chaos spread over the kitchen countertops. His lips taking on a lazy smile as calloused fingers flick at a page edge in front of him.

Good to see another subscriber to the organised chaos method.

There's no judgements here, either. Void of his own space, Angelo's maps find their home scattered over the kitchen table, corners held down often by coffee mugs.

At Eva's offer to pour him a special coffee, the pilot peers over towards the doctor with an appreciative flash of teeth. “My kind of person. But just a coffee this time, thanks – gotta fly later.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 4:54:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva smiles at the shared sentiments, nodding along with Angelo. It’s likely no one has stopped since the events. They are hard to forget. Each and every one of them encountered a version of themselves they didn’t know existed. Hell, it opened an entirely new train of thought that Eva hadn’t considered: Travel through space and time, different dimensions and realities. Each just as real to its inhabitants as the next. Despite the existence of Palkia and Dialga, she always doubted such pseudo-science.

Angelo’s second sentiment, Eva could certainly relate to. She’s never known a life without work. It’s unlikely she’d ever truly be able to ‘relax’. Especially not with the knowledge that weighed upon them now. The thought of sending a meteor to destroy another world with living beings made her shiver. It stunned her to believe that others thought it could even be a viable solution to their problem.

The pilot brings her back from her wandering thoughts as he comments on the chaos spread across the counter. Her gaze trails over the clutter. To her, every mound and canyon of the mess had a meaning, ones she had worked hard to separate from others, “To some it may be chaos but to others it is art,” and sometimes science is an art.

She reaches for the coffee, pouring a cup for Angelo with a shrug. Black it is. The mug extends over the chaos with a trust that he won’t spill it all over her hard work, “Here ya go,”[/font[ Eva then settles down across the counter from Angelo, taking her own coffee back between her palms.

For a moment, her emerald orbs scan over the piles, landing on a particular one. Eva hates getting to business so quickly, but with the unpredictable events of the region, she feels time is of the essence, “Thanks for making the time, Angelo. I really appreciate your help,” she clears her throat, shifting in her stool to lean her elbows against the cool marble, “As you know, and I are charged with studying these phenomena,” a hand leaves the mug to wave over a map. As a pilot experienced with charting, it shouldn’t take Angelo long to connect the dots.

It’s a map with only a few points. These point coordinate with the few portals that have surface over Hoenn before the events of the second AQUA Initiative. They correlate with the Megalopolan attacks, Blecephalon and the Nilhilego, Rayquaza and the events in Sootopolis, etcetera. Familiar points include recent events such as the Star Soiree and the AQUA Initiative, ”These are obviously not isolated events,” the hand retracts back to the comfort of the warm mug, “And they seem to be escalating,” her tone is laced with uncertainty, You’re a pilot, right? Experienced with charting and mapping?” it’s not hard to predict where she is going with this.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 21:18:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Caffeine and thanks are shared over the artful clutter, Angelo dipping a nod towards the professor as he takes the scalding mug within rough, weathered palms.

Now that civilities were complete following the ritual of pouring coffee, Eva's tone slips into the realm of professionalism.

And Angelo listens, the only sound uttered from his lips being a quiet slurp of steaming coffee. 

With a sweep of her hand, the professor gestures towards a map lurking beneath the rest of her research and Angelo's gaze instantly sharpens.

Both on the sprawling chart that he moves a couple of papers aside to get a better look at, and on her matter of business...

Dr Eva Morales, although their interactions had been from afar up until now, had made an impression on Angelo. She'd been one of the few during the latest AQUA gathering that had struck him as being level-headed and competent amongst the chaos...

From their aggressive doppelgängers and the League officials alike.  

It's not like these kinds of phenomena are anything new to Hoenn.” Leaning forward, a fingertip reaches out to drag from incident mark to mark like a route, before a palm smooths towards the expanse of Hoenn's blue.

His lips quirk as he peers towards Eva, as if the secrets that lingered within sky and sea had been snared within cobalt eyes. “Or a secret. Y'just have to lend an ear to the local fishermen to know about that.

Angelo was the one making a comprehensive ledger of Hoenn's Mirage Spots, however. 

But you're right. Even from what I've seen, they're escalating, and not just in frequency. None of this,” he taps over Mossdeep with a thoughtful expression, where the mist of a hostile universe had spilled out unto the innocent masses and legendary pokemon alike. “Is anything like the sailor's tales of disappearing islands.

Eva's follow-up has Angelo looking up from her map of distortions again, drawn towards the thinly veiled suggestion that buzzes with the scent of rich coffee beans. A confident, intrigued curl pulling on the corner of his mouth.

Yeah, I am. It's what I do nearly every day. Just gotta tell me what you're looking for.

There was no need for modesty, nor to downplay his skills when business and exploration were on the table.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 13:44:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva didn’t think these phenomena were new to Hoenn, but she didn’t even think about what tall stories the locals may have been cooking up for years. With this realization, her eyebrows twitch up, curious and hungry to add more information to her arsenal. This is why multiple heads are better than one and collaboration elevated science.

Though Angelo says the occurrences vary from the old sailor tales, the word disappearing echoes through her mind. Too many things seem to be ‘disappearing’ as of late. However, as Angelo and Eva now know, things are not truly disappearing, just being teleported to alternate universes. Unfortunately, those universes seem endless.

Eva matches Angelo’s intrigued smirk with a smile of her own. The implication was not lost and she is happy to see he seems interested, “Sounds like I called the right guy then!”

Eva readjusts in her seat to lean forward over the counter, careful to not spill the coffee all over her collected information, “I would like to start mapping the distortions with better accuracy than I can provide,” she motions to a rather crude description of the most recent distortion, “It’s a dangerous request to ask . . .” though she doesn’t think Angelo minds that part of it, “I’m looking for patterns, anything that can help explain the sudden occurrences and predict where they may surface next.”

It’s also just too much for her to do all on her own. Mapping distortions, collecting samples, crunching the data. They need help, and Eva isn’t afraid to delegate tasks to those much more skilled than she is.

“Is that something you’d be interested in? The League can pay handsomely,” Hazard pay and all.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 19:56:58 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Two figures lean over the counter in all of its glorious disarray, pulled into the negations like schemers.

Around the rim of his mug, Angelo's lips curl sharp as the proposal drops. Hungry for more than the coffee that lingered tempting beneath his nose.

Sounds like it's exactly my kind of thing,” and he didn't mean just the handsome pay packet.

All of the mysteries lurking within the fleeting domes, all of the potential findings when exploring the unknown, proved to be a promising recompense in itself.

And something that Angelo would have done, regardless.

To survey around its interior with the League funding every footstep was the cheri berry on top.

Tell me what you have in mind first, then we can talk about my receipt after. How's that?

His eyes flit from the endearingly clumsy detail on the professor's self-penned chart up to emerald hues, expression smooth despite the intrigue swirling within his wanderlust heart.  

I can handle collecting the coordinates on their spawning locations, no problem. They're hard to miss from the air, and I can get there pretty fast.” He'd already been doing it out of his own interest. Positions gathered, recorded and penned onto a fresh new map he had started to compile, for his own interest than anything else.

Eva would be privy to them too, when their deal finalises.

Did you need someone on the ground to gather more data, on top of that? I would be in the area.” He lays down an offer, no doubt with an additional fee.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 19:04:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva doesn’t miss the hunger in his smile and the promise of adventure in his eyes. She’s seen it in the mirror, herself. The promise of discovery and danger only fuels the fire that drives them both. Eva’s never been one to settle, always striving for more because she truly believes she can. More answers is what she seeks, more knowledge. The pursuit of science makes her heart drum a wild beat in her chest, “Of course, we’ll provide you with whatever you need,” she continues, Angelo’s own excitement adding a brightness to her tone. When it comes to Hoenn’s safety, The League spares no cost.

“Any help is always welcome,” she confirms, “Right now I’m focusing on the strange pokemon but am also collecting samples of the environment. If you see anything interesting, by all means collect it,” the more eyes, the better.

“So, we have a deal then?” Leaning back, Eva extends a hand out over the clutter to shake on it . . . formal contract to come later, of course. They couldn’t have Angelo suing The League for dashing into danger and getting hurt.

She’s not done with him yet though, questions still linger on her tongue for the Pilot.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 15:48:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Eva's promises to fulfil whatever will see her task complete, catching sight of a familiar eagerness within her eyes, has Angelo appreciating - and respecting - the professor just that little bit more than when he walked through the front door.

She's hungry, too.

But although what they seek out of the adventure differs, answers not what Angelo primarily seeks, he recognises the tell-tale signs of a soul ensnared by it's siren song.

The pilot's own pursuit through the addictive, heart-racing thrill of danger for new experiences and discoveries. To carve his footprints through the stars and cradle their dust within his palms. For the feeling like he's finally living.

Discoveries made all the sweeter when it glitters gold.

And with Eva's proposal, he gets both.

Sounds like we do, Doc.

Straightening, feeling the Dreepy within his jacket interior shift, Angelo stretches a hand towards - and a newly formed alliance.

But bringing you samples will cost extra,” he adds just as his calloused palm clasps her own, lips splitting to reveal a mischievous peek of canines.

It's left in the air whether the pilot is kidding or not.

Finally, Clyde finds the courage to peek out of Angelo's jacket with a shy warble.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 17:30:00 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva returns Angelo’s smile with her own as his calloused palm meets her smooth, delicate skin, “Extra work deserves extra reward,” she confirms, assuming he’s not joking. Afterall, this isn’t a task for the faint of heart. He should get paid what he deserves for such an important and meaningful task.

Once the deal has been brokered, she leans back into her perch on her stool, giving the Dreepy a welcoming smile.

Oh. Right. Dragons.

“Before we part ways, I had another question for you, Angelo,” Eva’s hand dips into the mess of papers to extract a particular file. She sets the manilla folder atop the rest and opens it to reveal the contents. There’s a picture of Rayquaza pinned to the inside, the background blurred but recognizable as Sootopolis. A quick skim over the top page should spark a few memories in the pilot, “You were listed as a witness to these events in Sootopolis almost 1 year ago. Would you mind summarizing, in your own words, what happened to it,” her pointed finger floats over the photograph of Rayquaza. This was the last sighting of the Hoennian guardian. Although she has read the records of the event over and over, she can’t help but feel that something is missing. Perhaps with all that has happened since the events of Sootopolis, additional hypotheses can be made now that the multiverse is all too real.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 20:57:50 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Even with his coffee depleated to the cold dregs and their deal informally concluded, business continues. Eva seemingly intent on keeping him at her table for a little while longer yet.

Angelo doesn't mind staying a little while longer.

Lounging on his shoulder, Clyde receives an absentminded scratch beneath his chin as the pilot's attention becomes distracted by a still shot of a near forgotten memory.

Slid across the artful mess is a dossier, opened and presented to him by Eva - ever on the hunt for answers.

Fingertips reach out to lift the photograph, surveying the shape of the emerald dragon with a crinkle between his brows. “Really? A year already? Damn.

Leaning forward, elbows planting on a clear spot of table, an oceanic gaze scans the collection of documents pushed beneath his nose. Tracing scales until they form a shape of the past.

From what I remember, when Rayquaza showed up it was like it had a grudge against the Sootopolis lighthouse. Was trying to get into it or rip it down, one of the two. We had to put up a fight to make sure it didn't mess up the city too badly.” Which, in hindsight, was kind of ironic.

Cupping his chin in his palm, Angelo strokes the rough edge of his jaw in recollection.

Anyway, in the end, an energy beam came down from the sky and hit it. I'm not sure where from, but it wasn't one of us who was there.” He pokes a finger at the list of familiar names. 

Downcast eyes slowing break from the photograph and the memories to drag upwards, landing upon Eva and the present.

And then Rayquaza wasn't there anymore.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 17:28:42 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
Eva watches intently as Angelo takes his time examining the photo and the files beneath his gaze. Memories seem to slowly creep back into the forefront of his mind which only make her more anxious to hear his story. The part she found most interesting, was the dragon’s possible grudge against the Sootopolis Lighthouse. It’s strange it chose that as a target. Did the building hold something it desired? Or a remnant of something that called to it?

“So it just . . . disappeared,” she repeats, with the same caution she uses when discussing Primal Energy, “Things don’t just . . . disappear,” It's something she's learned studying Primal Energy. Her hand moves towards the file, peeling back a page to reveal a marked photo. It’s an image of the Primal Crystal had in his pocket, “Looking back on it, do you think the beam came from this crystal rather than the sky?”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
pioneer [s]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 10:13:04 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
No. They don't.” But then, they both knew that.

Things didn't just disappear, not anymore.

Whether they be islands that fade and return some time later or legendary pokemon seemingly erased by assassin fire, nothing blips out of existence entirely.

And therein was the mystery.

Where were they going?

As Eva rummages through the documents, he places his empty mug to the side, pushing it out of the way to give them space.

And before long, an image of a crystal slither peeks up at him. Familiar and yet different in colour than the dark, oceanic blue he'd grown no stranger to around his wife's throat. 

Angelo wets his lips and Clyde presses his crown against the morning bristle of his chin.

Sorry doc, can't say.” And not because he was withholding the truth from her. “I was up in the air for most of the confrontation, I saw Rayquaza get hit, but didn't catch where the attack came from.

If it had originated from the small Primal Crystal that sat innocently in the photograph, Angelo would've been too high in the sky to see it.

Y'know, while I was up there...” Beneath the table Angelo's knee bounces in quiet restlessness, his faraway gaze caught beyond that of the photograph.

I do remember getting caught in the rain right after Rayquaza disappeared. It wasn't just water, though... It kinda reminded me of ash.