Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 0:56:03 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeimg"]

[attr="class","header"]Bond Study

[attr="class","setting"]

After the events of the tree things have been bugging him. Having been a long believer of pokemon are merrily tools, not that was going to change, within the tree there was a clear bond between pokemon and human that he wanted solve. What it was he couldn't really put his head around it, especially seeing as getting several of these Riolu to evolve was still beyond him.[break][break]

It was why he was bringing subjects of his own who could possibly help him. [break][break]

This time around, . Unlike the others he has asked him to met him in the training rooms as he believes some displays of power could possibly damage his labs. So for now he takes a drag of his cigar as for now he has Subject G training with Subject 8.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/xLsIbpU.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg i]color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 23:47:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's nose wrinkles with the heavy scent of cigar smoke. It makes him want a cigarette but he's left them in his office, intentionally, and after a moment of struggle with his own willpower he resists the urge to turn around and fetch them.

Instead, he strides further into the room with purpose.

"Pryde." He's warmer with the head scientist than with many other Rockets; this man had been his boss, once, and a certain degree of reverence still remained. Pryde had been good to him... or, at least, better than others. "Back to the age old question, hm? Ready to finally try things my way?"

He laughs while stripping off his suit jacket and vest, laying them aside.

"What do you want with me?"

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 0:44:01 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"No," Pryde simply answers but rather than the harsh tone he would've given anyone outside his labs there is some playfulness to it as he chuckles some. "Though I might be willing to admit to some sort of connection between people and tools. Rotom the video," the rotom drone circling gives an affirmative before displaying a video of the blood clones and how they fought some of them. "Such as those getting clones despite them giving the blood of their pokemon" he comments as he lets the video play. The bonds still making little sense to him. [Break][break]

He looks to Gavin "So I'm curious to see these connections, you have something you're connected to right? anything capable of Mega evolution?" he ask, not entirely caring that he still continued to refer to the pokemon as 'things.'

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/xLsIbpU.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2022 10:05:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"That was the case for me, as well."

He'd given not his own blood but the blood of his reluctant Zarude to the green shrine within the Tree of Life. Yet it hadn't been a Zarude whose qualities Gavin had come to possess but a Dhelmise, its features as much steel as grass.

"Shame that wore off, was convenient to have a grappling hook attached to my arm."

He rubs his elbow in memory. It had been painful, the transformation.

"Well, I have a Dhelmise," he says, "but they can't mega-evolve. If you're specifically looking for something that can..."

A collection of small marble-like stones catch the light as he rolls them in his palm.

"I've got a fair few. Lucario, as well." His attention shifts to the Riolu and Lucario that are sparring. A pokeball at his waist is cracked open to reveal his own Lucario, Niamh, whose red eyes assess Pryde with indifference.

"Having trouble getting it to work for you?"

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 11:06:41 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"It had it's benefits, even if it lead to problems after," the blood clones were definitely annoying, especially when his blood clone destroyed his mechanical arm forcing him to try to make a new one. And because he didn't trust anyone else to work on it, it meant it took time for another. [break][break]

The Dhelmise means nothing to him, it isn't what he is looking to study. Though the stones do capture his interest, he doesn't care too much what it's for. "I don't have one, the studies of 'Mega-Evolution' is still something that's only a few years old and before I had arrived here I had been..... busy, so if you'd could demonstrate I would appreciate as I've heard that there is something in the bond between pokemon who megaevolve and their trainer," he gestures toward the training room floor.[break][break]

"Subject 1, be sure to record," he orders one of his lucario. The one with the helmet gives a nod and salute before it seems to click something on the helmet and it watches. It calls over the training Riolu to come by it's side while subject 8 stays on the field.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 18:47:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"The demon clones were a bit much," Gavin agrees, nodding.

A demonstration is easy enough to provide, and Gavin pockets the majority of the stones. One in hues of orange, blue and red is kept pinched between his fingers, and he tosses it to his Lucario who affixes it to a band around her arm.

Then Gavin adjusts his glasses, pulling a thin pin from the side that sparks with a sudden glow.

Niamh's stone glows, too, a glow that intensifies until it becomes nigh unbearable to look open... and when it fades, the Lucario is changed. She looks smug, crossing her arms over her chest.

"A bond isn't something you can see," he shrugs. "It's as simple as that, for us. But I know others who've had trouble with mega evolution when they can't work in sync with their partners."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 23:48:54 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Not to the naked eye no, and even with this aura project it seems like most auras are different, be it in shape or colors from what I've come to notice. However I have begun to use different visual filters within the cameras on what the subjects see," he explains his happen of keeping things simple leaking even if Gavin would understand the more scientific words behind it. [break][break]

"I'm hoping that seeing it enough times would help in finding the similarities between all the differences," he continues as he does walk closer to the now Mega evolved Lucario to examine her to satisfy his own curiosity. "Is going it and out of it easy enough? Can you do it with another?" he ask as he isn't on enough good standing with others to ask such a request.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 18:55:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Niamh adopts a statuesque stillness on Pryde's approach, sensing Gavin's trust in the Rocket scientist and allowing him to examine at his leisure. She was a little smaller than the average Lucario but well built, suggesting a strict training regimen.

Gavin nods to express his understanding of Pryde's explanation, but doesn't speak until a question is posed.

"Easy enough to cancel," he affirms, "but not to re-enter. They require a bit of time before the power can be utilized again, and it seems to transcend individual Pokémon. But, after the passage of some time, I could do it again. With Niamh here, or any other with a sufficient bond. I wouldn't be able to work that same bond with one of your Lucario, even if you transferred ownership, until we'd had time to adapt to one another."

Gavin cants his head. "You can try to force the energy to linger. Would you like us to?"

It would potentially bring harm to his Lucario, but it was nothing they hadn't already experimented with.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 4:16:49 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Pryde just nods as he circles the small Lucario, judging the man for using a nickname for her. Though seeing as he was now the Underboss he wasn't going to comment on it. "So then even having more than one out is difficult yes?" he questions as he finally stops looking at the Lucario and looks to Gavin, "Do you yourself feel any energy leaving you in order to do this?" [break][break]

"Though speaking of bonds, seeing as you've a much easier time than I, may I ask a favor?" he finally decides to get to the other reason why he was here. "I am busy with other things so forming bonds takes times I don't have time," or will, "to spare so.." Pryde gives a whistle as he looks back. Subject G jumps slightly before running up and stands at attention next to his master. There is a nervous look in the Riolu's eyes as it looks down uncomfortable about being judged. [break][break]

"If you have the spare time could you evolve this one for me?" the other may recall this was usually a job that he would give Raziel but seeing as the man no longer had his prime helper around.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 23:50:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Yes," Gavin affirms, and then, "No, I don't feel any different."

As she's forced to sustain the mega evolution past a regular amount of time, however, it's clear that the Lucario is suffering adverse effects. Eventually she can hold it no longer, and faints as the energy fades.

"Even strong Pokémon have a point at which they can go on no longer."

Gavin gives the Riolu an appraising look, then turns his golden gaze on Pryde. There was a time he'd never think to challenge the man, had feared him as much as he craved his respect and validation, but now he doesn't hesitate.

"Don't have the time, or won't spare it? I'm quite busy myself, as you'd imagine." With gone, Gavin had taken it upon himself to stretch himself as thin as he could with both of their duties. They could replace the fallen underboss, but he refused. Not yet. He wasn't read for that, yet. "I could bond with your Pokémon, but then they'd be attuned with my aura. Not your own."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 8:02:03 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Pryde just watches as the Lucario tries to strain herself in keeping up the form. Caring little about any pained it caused her, though after hearing the nickname Pryde wonders if Gavin felt any pity for it. Though he nods toward the Underboss' direction to show his gratefulness.[break][break]

Though at the accusation the older man gives an tilt of his head. Possibly not used to the other just denying a request of his as he isn't used to having to justify himself to Gavin of all people. But the other's position has changed through the years and it seems more inconvenient to break that connection rather than just work with it. So to prove a point Raphael removes his jacket and then shows off his arm, or lack of one. [break][break]

"As I said, the blood clones caused a large problem and now I need to rebuild one along side other duties as I can't trust anyone else in the lab with this task, surprisingly doing things with one arm is hard" the last bit is said in a jest as the old man gives a small chuckle. "And as for it being attached to your aura, that is partly the point, seeing if different attachments to different people does anything."

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 8:56:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
His brows arch at the missing arm. Yes, that would be a problem, wouldn't it?

He nods, understanding, as Pryde further explains his situation. So it was about trust, then. Gavin knew more than anyone how difficult that was to forge and maintain within the ranks of Rocket. They were his family, but he trusted so few completely.

"All right, then. I'll do it."

He flicks his attention back to the Riolu.

"What do you call this one?"

Not a name, he knew that much — but Pryde had called the filming Lucario Subject 1, so it stood to reason this one might have a number as well.

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 9:45:12 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Pryde just gives the other a smile as if proud of the other's choice. The Riolu looks up at it and just taps his fingers together as if wondering if he'd ever get the same praise from his master someday. Though seeing how different this master seemed to treat pokemon and people probably not. [break][break]

"Subject G, thank you again for the trouble, hopefully something will come from this"[break][break]

[break][break]

+ Subject G is free for Gavin to use[break]
+ After three threads are done, (you're free to do more if you like) with Subject G feel free to reach out and we can do a follow up!
[break]+ Ability and Moveset are yours to choose as you will (I only ask no Aura Sphere atm)

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Ic-post

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 22:04:50 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bond Study; Subject G
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 0:50:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A ZORUA HATCHES FROM THE EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE OR FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ILLUSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT DAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE TEARS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]KNOCK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAUNT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXTRASENSORY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FRENZY PLANT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS! (GEOMANCY)

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A ROOKIDEE HATCHES FROM THE EGG!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE OR FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BIG PECKS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRAVE BIRD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRILL PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FRENZY PLANT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS! (GEOMANCY)