Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Evolution Study; Subject C
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 1:03:37 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeimg"]

[attr="class","header"]Bond Study

[attr="class","setting"]

After the events of the tree things have been bugging him. Having been a long believer of pokemon are merrily tools, not that was going to change, within the tree there was a clear bond between pokemon and human that he wanted solve. What it was he couldn't really put his head around it, especially seeing as getting several of these Riolu to evolve was still beyond him.[break][break]

It was why he was bringing subjects of his own who could possibly help him. [break][break]

After having perfected one contraption to force an evolution Pryde was interested in doing it again. Though he was more interested in doing it as a general catch-all rather than having to adjust the formula for every pokemon. As usual he had an semi-open invite to help him with studies and his lab tech informed him of another. [break][break]

This time from one of the grunts he seemed worthless during Exodus, . And even with the events at the tree he still didn't think much of the child. But he wasn't going to deny any willing to show him what he wanted. "Let him in this time," is all he comments as a Zigzagoon cowars as its grabbed by the one arm scientist and brought to a table.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/xLsIbpU.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg i]color:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,671 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 23:51:30 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Mint had developed an aversion for visiting the labs at certain times a day. Sometimes he would barge in and chat up before handing over a feedback report on whatever new gadget she’d provided him or requests. Other times, he’d ask her about any updates on the primal energy pocket radar she said she MIGHT be able to get working, after a lot of careful thought. That wasn’t a forefront project right now, especially after the Geomancy raid. Right now, though? Now he was on a specific errand. [break][break]

Mint had been using her equipment to stream the raid before entering the tree, before recording the rest of the events after. He needed to turn in that footage before he forgot again. Today, he would learn though, was a bad fucking day to show up. He expected Dr. Pryde to be around, but he really had hoped he wasn’t. Mint braced himself, not really enjoying the few interactions they’d had together. Regretfully, he was one of the head scientists. He should talk to him too. An assistant allowed him in and he walked forward politely. “Morning, Dr. Pryde.” He greeted, his song not catching the usual sing-song tone it had around Dr. Flint. [break][break]

“Sorry to interrupt, I was hoping to catch Dr. Flint. I was trying to turn in the footage I got from the raid.” He explained, trying to stare up at the man and to keep his eyes form wandering to the Zigzagoon test subject. Which. He really, really, really wanted to pet.

+ [break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 19:51:24 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

soft TW for some zigzagoon cruelty [break][break]

While Mint might be trying to focus on him to be 'respectful' and what not the same could not be said for Pryde. Not once does his crimson gaze look over to even acknowledge the other. Though that doesn't mean the boy is completely off his radar, "She is out, but you can leave the footage with me, you have it on a drive I presume?" he questions but still doesn't aknowledge the other with a glance. [Break][break]

Instead he is focusing on holding down the normal type pokemon as he has one of his assistant pokemon force open it's mouth and put a candy like substance inside before forcing it shut and making sure the Zigzagoon ate it. That's when a holoscreen appears up connection to subject 1's helmet to see if any progress was being made. [Break][break]

Pryde only then steps back as the zigzagoon twitches and spazzims. Pained noises come from it but pryde gives it little attention as he watches the screen as if expecting something.

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.prydeimg]position:relative; --accent:#a63d6a; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/xLsIbpU.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#4e1347; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,671 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 3:15:01 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

has deigned he has far more important business to attend to than deal with Mint, which Mint understood. Their past meetings had been exactly that, transactional. Still, it tubbed him the wrong way but he supposed that just how Rocket sometimes was. “Um..yes, I have it here for you. I made copies so if this drive break or gets lost I have a back up to provide the lab.” He said, reaching into his pocket, but his pale green eyes locked onto the scientist and whatever the hell he was doing. [break][break]

At first he let out a silent ‘aw’ spotting the Zigzagoon. Despite how scared it looked, it was still pretty cute, maybe a little flat and matted. And then one of the assistants shoved…something, probably poison, into its mouth. Mint had to force himself to look away as the normal type spasmed uncontrollably. “I- Uh…D-Dr. Pryde? What are you doing right now? To that pokemon?” he tried to make himself sound more curious than horrified as he looked for a dish or something to deposit the USB drive in.

+ [break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 23:37:30 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Seeing as to most of his pokemon knows Pryde doesn't see much worth in grunts in Rocket Pryde a Mr Rime comes in and takes the drive from Mint. Mumbling something incoherent as a possible thanks before the Ice type skates over to put the drive on the desk in his office as he knows the man will see it there later. [break][break]

"Testing something to force an evolution out of a pokemon," he answers simply as he isn't one leave inquiries unanswered for a curious mind. "I got it working for one pokemon but I'm looking to make it more accessible for others to use." Pryde looks to the failed Zigzagzoon whimpering in pain, "Doesn't seem like this subject is of much use," he finally actually looks to Mint for the first time since he's come. [break][break]

"How would you like to earn a bit of money?"

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,671 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 2:27:05 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The appearance of a Mr. Rime is appreciated, and he's quick to release his USB drive for analysis. It's not much, but he hoped it was somewhat useful to the Rocket scientists. "You're...making artificial evolution stones?" Mint asked, trying to process. Forcing evolution wasn't a new concept to him. There's a reason why the pokemon of rocket were bred aggressive. More fights, more experience equaled faster evolutions. And sometimes they just had to provide soldiers. [break][break]

He did his best not to look at the crying Zigzagoon. He wasn't a fan of normal types by any means, but he couldn't help but feel a little sorry for it. Maybe it was because he disliked Pryde. "Uh, sure Dr. Pryde. What would you have me do?" he asked. "If you need to dispose of that subject, it's no problem taking it."

+ [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 2:48:48 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"To keep it simple, yes," he confirms before the other agrees to help. Pryde then takes out a pokeball, twisting a factor on it before putting it on the table and tapping out. Out of it comes a Riolu who yawns, be it from boredom or tiresness it probably wasn't clear. Though as he sees she surroundings she jumps slightly out of nervousness, especially after seeing her master before standing at a nervous attention.[break][break]

"I'm looking for people to evolve the Riolu into Lucario, I don't have the time or principle to 'befriend' mere subjects," there is a slightly lowering of the Riolu's ears as she hears this, but Pryde ignores it, "Think you can manage that Frost?"[break][break]

Though at the mention of the other subject he shakes his head, "While it shows no progress it can still be used for testing, though if you'd prefer this broken thing as payment enough then I suppose I can part with it"

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,671 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 3:49:24 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He nodded quietly. He'd learned quickly Pryde didn't really appreciate anything than simple answers and quick results. Still, he's curious, and Pryde seems to be in a talkative mood. "Would it be solely Rocket tech or are there plans to sell this outside of the organization?" It sounded like something that's better than rare candies, even if it was experimental. [break][break]

He eyed the Riolu, biting his cheek to keep from laughing. "If it's too difficult for you Dr. Pryde, I will gladly take care of it for you." he said airily unable to keep himself from poking the bear. The way he treated that and the Zigzagoon itched the back of his brain with irritation. That's hypocritical considering he'd for a bit, bought and sold and bred pokemon for Rocket's use and sale as they saw fit. He'd hardened himself a little to see them as stock more so than companions. Still, he couldn't bring himself to see his own as such. Favoritism and all that. "I'll take your test subject as well then. Does the Riolu have a name or designation?" he asked stepping a bit closer to the pokemon when he thought it was pertinent.

+ [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 11:48:13 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Sounds like something that is over your rank to question about," he retorts and it seems the young man wants to test his nerves. To which this brat was very lucky that they were not in Kanto, and that he wasn't a different man. Because he knows from experience disrespectful remarks like that from a grunt of all people always lead to a bad time. "You should consider yourself lucky you're learning here."[break][break]

The older man takes a deep breath and wishes that his arm wasn't in the middle of being rebuilt right now. Because he feels this teen could certainly learn a lesson or two from it. But it would also be a waste of energy, but he nods before tossing the Zigzagoon on the floor at the the young man's feet. The thing wimping in pain, "Take it then, a simple price for this task," and here he was expecting to waste money. "I don't give my tools names, its for children, but if you're going to refer to it as anything it should be Subject C," with that information he takes out a pokeball and places it on the table for Mint to grab. [break][break]

He would give the Riolu a look after, "And you better behave yourself," a warning because he knows how this Riolu can be when the Head Scientist isn't looking.

[break][break]

+

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,671 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 0:04:28 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He'd poked enough it seemed. Mint's spine straightened a little, wary of how quick to irritate the doctor was. Before he can blurt out a 'yes sir' before Pryde moved on. Learning. That's his warning, huh? Again, before he can speak the scientist tossed the shaking zigzagoon on the floor. It's claws clack nervously as it lands dazed and confused trying to stand up and failing., Mint flinched feeling himself about to kneel down to reassure it before stopping himself. He hoped it hadn't been obvious. [break][break]

The poor raccoon is still crying. But he's used to that. He's seen pokemon broken when being prepped for weapons duty. He knows they're just tools. They need to be. It kept the sympathies at bay. Especially when he was breeding them for Rocket. Well, not so much anymore. "You have children?" he blurted out in surprise before he could stop himself.[break][break]

"Yes sir, Subject C." he said memorizing the alias. He would change it later, taking the pokeball when directed to. His eyes flickered over at the Riolu and Pryde wondering what kind of pain in the ass assignment Pryde had punished hi with. But... "Do I have a timeline priority, Professor?" he asked as he carefully tried to scoop up the zigzagoon. It flinched away and Mint frowned. He tapped a pokeball at his side, Cacio stepping on linoleum tile. His eyes dart around for moment, he takes note of Mint's demeanor and nodded. "We're taking that." he said, as the Luxray obediently moved to pick up the yelping Zigzagoon by the scruff.
[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 9:16:12 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"I have a child yes," Pryde corrects with the singular usage of the word. "Not that it should matter to you," honestly if he could have this boy's stupidity far away from his child the better. [break][break]

Pryde watches the other as he tries to grab the Zigzagoon. Clearly trying to hide just how much he was caring for it as he seemed to just have his pokemon grab it. As it passes the Riolu she just sticks her tongue out at it as if to call it pathetic in her own way. She was quite the judgmental type despite having her own weaknesses. The older man is curious to see how'd she grow under the young man's care. [break][break]

"No more than three months, if it evolves sooner than that then bring it back," he others before he finally shoos them away, "You may take your leave now, Norman will escort you out," as he says this one of the Lab's assistants comes and would lead Mint out of the lab to ensure they didn't touch anything

+ Subject C is free for Mint to use [break]
+ After three threads are done, (you're =free to do more if you like) with Subject C feel free to reach out and we can do a follow up![break]
+ Ability and Moveset are yours to choose as you will (I only ask no Aura Sphere atm)

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ use one of these names in a post in any capacity: whitney, norman, lenora, cheren, ilima.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 3:29:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: