Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Flowering Distortions [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 17:05:18 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Paranormal Activity

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

"Here." Elisabeth's footfalls stopped within the labyrinthine depths of Petalburg Woods, the shadows within oddly more pronounced than they ought to be even so late in the day. "Just beyond this area is where one of the recent distortions took hold."[break][break]

She turned to her companion, -- a man she hardly knew, aside from the fact that Rocket believed him capable of defending her in this unusual little mission. The Kalosian noblewoman was comfortable with silence, and it seemed at least to her that her bodyguard for a day felt likewise. [break][break]

The Misdreavus at her side, Lavender, began to giggle inappropriately as she twirled around her mistress with delight. "There are more Ghost-types within there," the blonde continued, nonplussed at her Pokemon's behaviour as they drew nearer in proximity to the site. "It's... strange for this region. They seem drawn to the distortions, or the after-echoes left behind by them."[break][break]

She suspected, but could not confirm, that was the one who had organized this little operation to gather the seeds of the affected flora in the wake of the odd, supernatural events. Supposedly, the goal was to see if they merited any study within Rocket's labs. Once more, Elisabeth's affinity for all things floral drew her into unusual situations.[break][break]

Arceus only knew how felt about the peculiarity of the matter.[break][break]

Her crystal blue eyes flickered over to meet his own steady gaze. "We keep this quick, finding any affected flora worthy of study and retrieving them swiftly. Neither of us want to get caught into some dimensional distortion, after all." She tilted her head, arms crossed. "Do you have any questions?"

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 18:10:30 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Flowers, space dimensions - none of these things held merit in Felix's mind. They were needless inquires that didn't concern him, and so, he often forgot of their existence. It wasn't until missions like these fell onto his lap that he was forcibly dragged by the collar to remember just how fucked up Hoenn had gotten.

Felix kept close to the flower woman as she slowly approached the entrance of the forest, eyes focused on scouting out any danger. Thanks to the woman's hair of gold, he wasn't too concerned with her disappearing, but that didn't dissolve the possibility of a mischievous ghost interrupting their mission. "No." He replied, tone both bored and flat. Again, he didn't care much about the objective of her mission. All that mattered was her and that seed's safety-- beyond that was above his paygrade.

With Mars (KROOKODILE) stationed to her left and Barnaby (Porygon-z) to her right, both scanning the area with their trainer, the woman was reasonably kept safe.

For now..

- INert porygon-z and Krookodile sprite l8er

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 18:42:26 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break][break]

"Very well." Turning on her heel, Elisabeth walked forward without another word. If he didn't want to converse, by all means.[break][break]

Bodyguards. Elisabeth stifled a small snort at the notion. It felt somewhat ridiculous that now, at the height of Elisabeth's own self-sufficiency, she was being shadowed by someone to ensure her safety. Yet again.[break][break]

In the past such propaganda had ensured Elisabeth had eyes on her at all times, lest the fragile young wife of Lord Bortiforte prove too curious, too ambitious, or too independent for her husband's liking. Those armed men had hardly spared her a moment's pity when they dragged her back from her escape attempts, screaming and crying in their arms like a frightened child.[break][break]

She didn't sign their paychecks, after all. Nor did she sign Felix's, for that matter.[break][break]

Elisabeth froze mid-step, the sharp edges of the memory and all it represented somehow cutting deeper than she had anticipated in this woodland place. Frowning, she shook her head, her golden curls bouncing with the movement. Why was she dwelling on such useless things now, here of all places?[break][break]

Her Misdreavus had already drifted ahead, a dim light eking through the fog. "Chandelure," Elisabeth said, eyebrows lifted. "I've never seen wild ones here before. Haunter, too."[break][break]

A strange dread settled in her as she turned to look at , but instead of the man's consistent, stoic expression, a sweeping haze of mist greeted her, choking the nearby trees in its tendrils. "Mr. Gallagher?" she called out, a twinge of fear in her words despite herself. "Felix, can you hear me?"[break][break]

A tiny voice in her head laughed at her mockingly. Self-sufficient, wasn't she? Funny how quickly panic settled in.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 22:33:38 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Branches swooped over the group, long and protective, like arms forbidding their entry. Its ominous nature brought back memories of the camping trips he'd take with his father, way back when world still bared some fangs.

"You have to make me proud," He always reminded his son. "Do what I couldn't." Felix's own stoicism was ironic, considering how much he loathed his own father's lack of warmth towards him and his mother. But it was only natural-- his path had already been tethered too tightly to the one his father had created for him. Straying from it would be comparable to straying from the self-image he had already grown to know.

Felix froze in place, a panicky voice beckoning his attention. Elisabeth? Barnaby released staticy sharp beeps, while Mars charged towards the woman, a tinge of confusion evident in his glare. But, before either he or Felix could reach the woman, a thick wave of green mist swept the area, blanketing everything within it.

"Elisabeth!" The man roared, heart thundering in his chest.

Thud.

Looking to his left, he noticed a shadow of a figure fall further into the mist.

Thud.

Then, to his right, another figure sunk deeper into the smog of green.

"Elisabeth! Elisa...be.."

A curtain of darkness clouded his eyes as, he too, allowed the mist to swallow him whole.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 12:16:24 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break]
+Context![break][break]

Dizziness overwhelmed Elisabeth as she swallowed back the bile that rose in her throat, wearily blinking her eyes open. What... Had something hit her? Or someone. Mist shrouded most everything from view, the distant sound of her Misdreavus's laughter joined by that of the other ghosts that had been nearby. Where had they gone? Where had Felix gone?[break][break]

"Good. You're awake, Poupette." That voice. No. No, that was impossible.[break][break]

A strange paralysis gripped her limbs as she struggled to raise her body from the floor, unable to do much more than lift her head to look at the feet of the man before her. Dim light glistened off his boots as they strode towards her, each step slow and menacing. A terror that Elisabeth had not felt in years seized her, skin prickling as her body froze obediently and meekly in place.[break][break]

"You're dead." Elisabeth's protest came out in a strangled gasp. Then disbelieving fear surrendered to furious anger. "You're dead. I saw them bury you." I killed you myself, you bastard.[break][break]

Cold laughter answered her, dark and rolling like thunder in his rich baritone. "Oh? And here I thought you fancied yourself a gardener, little Lisa. Just because you bury something doesn't mean it stays buried." [break][break]

(TW: domestic abuse.)

A thick hand wound itself in Elisabeth's hair, tearing it from its carefully plaited braid to yank her head upright. "Look me in the eyes when I am talking to you. Or did your parents not teach you those manners, either? How many things must I teach you, Elisabeth, before you finally learn."[break][break]

Elisabeth's lips quivered, each proud retort dying on her tongue at the sight of her late husband's predatory eyes locked on hers. That frightened woman reflected in his glittering dark irises--Elisabeth was never supposed to be that weak, pathetic girl again. Why. Why was this still happening...?[break][break]

"You're not real." The confused words fell from her lips like a desperate prayer. "Whatever this is--you're not real."[break][break]

Before she could finish the words, his hand struck her cheek in a sound, silencing blow. The metallic taste of blood rushed through her mouth, the flood of pain unable to be ignored.

[break]
"I saw you," Bortiforte snarled, roaring with fury. "Another reporter? What did we say about talking to the press, Poupette. Or are you sleeping with them this time? Parading yourself before a sea of men as if someone doesn't already own you."[break][break]

Who - ? How could he... That was right, hadn't Barnaby even said...?[break][break][break]

"The divine and dulcet Lady Fiorelli? Kill her husband? No, certainly not."
[break][break]

Those words had incensed her when they first left the reporter's lips. Now they seemed to anchor her, creating cracks and fissures in this horrifying nightmare she had found herself in. Elisabeth's blue eyes searched the nearby fog, desperate to find Felix there. The pain be damned. This wasn't real. This wasn't real.[break][break]

"Lisa," Bortiforte chided, his voice so gentle the threat caressed her like a knife's blade against her cheek, "you're not looking me in the eyes. You know how I feel about that."[break][break]

"Go back to hell where you belong," Elisabeth hissed through clenched teeth, spitting the blood back in his face. This time when he laughed, an unsettling after-echo followed--a girlish, maniacal pitch, familiar in its peculiarity.[break][break]

Once more the fog blanketed everything, including the towering silhouette of her late husband. When it dissipated, there was -- and her Misdreavus, Lavender, cackling with glee. As if to say, what fun we are having![break][break]

"I..." [break][break]Elisabeth cradled her head in her hands, relief washing over her in waves. Her knees buckled beneath the weight of the bizarre encounter, her eyes pinpricked with exhausted tears she refused to let fall in front of another Rocket. [break][break]
Strength. This was a time for strength. [break][break]

She attempted to focus her attention on her bodyguard instead, reaching out a hand gingerly. "Felix, I... Are you all right?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 3:35:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

TRIGGER WARNING: EMOTIONAL PHYSICAL PARETENAL ABUSE 

It first started with a wave of shivers overtaking his body, then a headache, followed by a ball of heat raveling up in his stomach. What happened after the mist came? And Elisabeth, was she okay? These thoughts mixed and mashed in his head, pounding against the front of his skull with rough, painful strokes.

Slowly, Felix readjusted his position, lifting himself back onto his knees. He stayed there for a moment, allowing time for the dizziness to subside. Maybe if he just closed his eyes...

"Pull the trigger, Felix." A gruff voice breathed into his ear, hot and stern. There was no compassion, or warmth behind each word, only the dead stale taste of disappointment.

Felix's joints locked into place as he shakily lifted his eyelids, horror laced between every breath he took. When his vision returned to him, all he could see was white.

"Pull the fucking trigger."

"I-I don't want to," He heard himself weep between ragged breaths. Below, struggling beneath the muzzle of a rifle, was a mewling vulpix (alolan). Its eyes begged for its release, but whenever it neared escaping, the muzzle only dug deeper into her stomach, evoking an even louder yelp than before.

As his father continued to pelt insults at him, demanding he pull the trigger, Felix could feel an increasing heat around his hands, until eventually, he realized it had been his father binding his hands onto the rifle with his own. "Please dad, I-I don't wanna kill it!" He continued to plea, voice high-pitched and panicky.

But the larger hands, that were wrapped around his, only tightened their grip.

And the gruff voice's spats of outrage only grew louder.

"You're such a disappointment."

"Pull the fucking trigger or I'll leave your ass out here."

"I didn't raise a fucking pussy."

Felix was now flailing beneath his father's strength, the grip tightening to the point of eliciting a yelp from the boy. "Stop, dad, your hurting me!" He sobbed, "You're hurting me, you're hurting, hurting me!" He struggled beneath the man's grasp, twisting and wiggling his body in hopes of creating enough room to escape, but again, his father only strengthened his control.

Eventually, he could hear a soft sigh above his wails, then a "Fine."

Eyes squeezed closed, he felt his finger squeeze back the trigger, then thunderous, resonant sound.

When his eyes opened again, the formerly pale landscape regained color and Felix realized where he was: petalburg woods, tasked with guarding a . One shakey breath and he was back on his feet, eyes pointedly searching for the spindle of gold he had arrived with.

Eventually, he found her cradling her head, not too far from where he had fallen himself. He offered her a hand to reach out to. With a deadpan expression, he responded as dutifully as ever, "I'm fine."

The only difference was the single stray trail of tears that sat at the center of his cheeks.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 12:29:27 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break][break]

"I'm fine."[break][break]

The water glistening on Felix's cheeks said otherwise. They were both far from fine, that much was evident.[break][break]

Elisabeth looked at the murky light of the Chandelure ahead, biting her lip in thought, before she attempted a shaky breath. [break][break]

"...I think, that we were the subject of a HEX."[break][break]

It was the most logical explanation, unless Elisabeth wanted to believe she was experiencing a permanent mental break. The idea of Bortiforte haunting her for all eternity was less than ideal. "I won't ask what you saw," Elisabeth said softly, turning back to face her companion, "But if what I witnessed was any indication, it was... horrific in nature."[break][break]

She reached for Felix's outstretched hand with her gloved one, but there was no tenderness in the motion; rather, it was akin to that of two drowning figures clutching the same raft, seeking a way to both stay afloat.[break][break]

"Our mind can only hurt us if we let it." [break][break]

Was she trying to convince Felix, or herself? The blood in her mouth; the slap of a hand against her cheek; the yanking of her hair from her scalp, all had felt too real for her liking. [break][break]

"I believe where the Ghost-types are congregating will be a source of great power, and such visions are only likely to continue. We must stick by one another, I think, and with any luck we may ground one another when the next episode occurs."[break][break]

So saying this, Elisabeth stepped towards the gathering of Chandelure, interspersed with curious Haunter and Litwick. That had to be where the strange flowers were blossoming in the aftermath of the distortion. Whatever the mist had in store for her, it was necessary to face it in order to achieve her missive.[break][break]

Arceus help them both.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 16:54:20 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A Hex, huh?

Her explanation offered a raft of stability for his teetering mind, however, it wasn't enough to wash away the spectral hands he felt creeping over his shoulder. Hand clasped around gloved hand, Felix helped Elisabeth off the ground, though that was the only comfort he could offer.

Everything else-- his expression, his touch, his silence-- was left remote, hollowed. It'd take more than decorative words to flicker the light back on inside him. Unlike Elisabeth, who flaunted the prowess of her mind, Felix's was far frailer, far weaker than hers. What he saw wasn't just an illusion contrived from a handful of mischievous spirits; it was real.

"Let's go then." Cold and sharp, his tone mirrored that of his father's, a whip cracking in the air.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 17:52:37 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break][break]

Elisabeth nodded; the distraught thoughts roiling beneath the stoic face of her companion went unseen. Hands entwined, they stepped forward into the ring of spectral revels, where countless Chandelure twirled about cackling Haunter and faintly glowing Litwick. Lavender, Elisabeth's Misdreavus, eagerly joined them in dance -- where at the centre of their performance stood a small assortment of white flowers.[break][break]

Peace lilies, Elisabeth thought with idle surprise. Had they ever bloomed here before? An old book's chapter on the flowers came to mind: 'The rebirth of the soul. Transcendence.' How many had she prepared for funerals in the past?[break][break]

Certainly none that had flourished here.[break][break]

As Elisabeth stepped closer to the lilies, however, one of the Haunter angrily stuck its tongue out at her, scowling in warning. An indignant Lavender soared in front of her mistress, sticking out her own tongue and howling in answer. The strange communion between the two Ghost-types finally resulted in uproarious laughter from both, leaving Elisabeth speechless as all the Pokemon looked upon her.[break][break]

A telepathic answer manifested in her mind, summoned into existence as if by another's words: "All knowledge has a price. What will you pay for yours?"[break][break]

Elisabeth had once read a theory that Ghost-type Pokemon thrived on the despair and anguish of other living things, lingering in graveyards and abandoned houses. She had dismissed such notions, until her sobbing beckoned her Misdreavus to her boudoir so many moons ago, mirroring her muffled cries as if fascinated by the sorrow in their cadence. [break][break]

Perhaps they could sense those who had suffered, and delighted in the constant aura of that suffering.[break][break]

"I am sorry," Elisabeth said to the glaring light of curious eyes. "But this flower must come with me." Thoughtlessly releasing Felix's hand, she reached for the silky white petals of the bloom... [break][break]

And in mere moments, her world became devoid of colour -- no mist this time, no throbbing pain, but still the same aching loneliness.[break][break]

This peace lily didn't bloom in the Petalburg Woods at all. It bloomed on a grave.[break][break]

The shared grave of Francis and Georgiana Fiorelli.[break][break]

"Or, does your lost love define who you are, Miss Fiorelli? Is it what you wish to be remembered for?"[break][break]

How recently had spoken those words to her, in the woods that had felt so real and been so present just moments ago. Elisabeth knew, in her mind, that her feet did not stand on Kalosian soil. That these graves existed in a place far from her, and this flower likely no longer bloomed so beautifully in her absence, but only in her memory.[break][break]

Even so, the solemnity of this place stabbed at Elisabeth's heart more than the thunder of Bortiforte's voice, or the slap of his palm against her cheek. Shaking, her gloved hand reached for the tombstone, wiping away the dust with white fingertips that came back coated in black grime. "Is this what you wanted from me?" Elisabeth whispered to the darkness, the words caught in her throat. "Grief? Was the taste of my fear not enough?"[break][break]

How could she face this place again. How could she look upon them, the daughter they had poured so much love into, only for her to emerge as... as...[break][break]

Elisabeth fiddled with the golden ring on her left hand, shamed silent as she caught her cold reflection in the glossy marble of the tombstone.[break][break]

"It wasn't your fault. If I had listened to you both," she continued, her voice thick with regret, "then perhaps..." No. This was a useless thought trod one too many times.[break][break]

A single doubt that had planted the first seed of hate in her, blossoming into thorns of spite. How red her hands had become, tangled in the blood of its nettles and briars.[break][break]

"I hope you can forgive me for what I've become."[break][break]

It was only when the bitter tears fell, one by one, that the memory released its hold on her: the greed of the ghosts sated by their salted taste of sorrow and regret. The flower that Elisabeth found in her hands before the spectral Pokemon was no peace lily at all; it was one that for all her knowledge she did not recognize, crystalline and pulsing with its own strange, latent power.[break][break]

And once more, was nowhere to be found in the Petalburg Woods.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 5:15:46 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix was observant in the more practical sense.  Anything of insignificance was buried out of his sight, and unlike his companion, the hidden intricacies behind the whys of their situation were beyond his level of care or comprehension. Rather, his attention was pinned to surveying the area for potential dangers, as the faster they completed their mission the faster he could return home.

Mars and Barnaby had found their way back to the duo and swiftly returned to their positions. Unlike the trainers, they hadn't been attacked with any mental inflictions and there weren't any physical signs of damage done to them. They were, for the most part, just confused.

Hands intertwined, the group continued to venture further into the jaws of the forest, eventually reaching a peculiar white lily blossoming from the ground. As Elisabeth released his hand to go examine the small flower, Felix's attention was caught by a familiar thunderous, resonant sound.

A gunshot.

"We have to--" Before his sharp directives could be given out, he noticed that the thimble of gold had escaped his line of sight yet again. Even Barnaby and Mars, who were once left at his sides, had vanished into thin air.

Another gunshot set off across the forest. It sounded closer this time.

Felix's hand immediately flew to his holster, fingers gripping the handle of defense that was tucked to his right. With the pistole brought close to his chest, the man crept forward, eyes vigilant for any signs of movement. Further and further he went, following the occasional sounds of bullets whizzing through the trees. Eventually, as he drew closer, he could distinctly hear the familiar hefty sounds of heavy breathing.

Not again...

Teeth gritted behind his tight lips, Felix's heart began to pound against his chest and buried images began to flash across his mind. Whenever he tried to shoo away these thoughts, the images only became more and more vivid, depicting memories better left discarded and burnt to a crisp.

Move, he told himself, shoot the fucker.

But his legs felt like sandbags locked in place. No mattered how many times he mentally whipped himself to move forward, they remained in place. It was as if his body was begging him to remain ignorant to the shooter's identity - screaming the dangers of stealing even the quickest glimpse of his face. These howls of caution could only delay his movements for so long. When the breaths grew louder, closer, Felix knew there was no escaping confrontation. So, with a steady breath, he spun around the tree he was hiding behind, gun aimed directly for the shooter's head.

For 's head.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 7:38:20 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break][break]

Elisabeth heard the click of the gun before she saw it, followed by the sound of a finger pressing against the trigger.[break][break]

Another illusion. Another mirage.[break][break]

Still, her heartbeat raced. Would it be Bortiforte who greeted her when she turned around, or some other cruel phantom of her past? Elisabeth steeled herself, readying her wearied spirit for another actor in this ghostly theatre of her trauma, only to see standing alone in the woods.[break][break]

His gun aimed directly for her head.[break][break]

Time slowed to a crawl as the Ghost-type Pokemon watched the two silhouettes in earnest, fascinated by this confrontation that inspired more fear than any specter they had last conjured.[break][break]

What darkness misted that man's eyes, now?[break][break]

"Felix." Elisabeth's voice was as gentle as it was firm. A hand rested upon her heart, as if to convey her sincerity. "It's me. Elisabeth."[break][break]

Yet there was no recognition in his gaze.[break][break]

This was not the first time Elisabeth had stood down the barrel of her own bodyguard's gun. Similarities between then and now presented themselves, like broken fragments reassembling into a familiar collage.[break][break]

The way his legs shook. The tremor in his hands. The ragged breath hissing between gritted teeth.[break][break]

To kill someone took resolve. It was why the last bodyguard to hold a gun to her head had lowered it. It was why her husband never took his hatred of her to its inevitable, fatal conclusion.[break][break]

And it was why it had taken almost ten years for Elisabeth to accomplish what he could not.[break][break]

"You don't want to kill me, Felix." The words were an assurance, a reminder. "Lower your gun."[break][break]

Taking yet another gamble of life and death, Elisabeth stepped forward, her blue eyes never leaving his.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 23:51:32 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix's shoulders heaved up and down as his senses spiraled into a frenzy of mixed emotions. With deep breaths puffing out from his mouth, the animalistic man responded to the woman's reminders with a single step forward, then another.

Each heavy footstep strung the pair closer together, and eventually, there was no more than a couple of feet left between her and the muzzle.

"What are you doing here," He spat out, voice low and gravely. It'd been years since he last saw that face - that same menacing face that emotionally whipped the shit outta him.

"I heard you took in," Despite the power behind his voice, only Felix could make it out over the deafening silence the other's heard. The man's eyebrows were lifted to his hairline and his lips laid in a disparaging line. "How's that [insert a random bad term] doing, eh?"

Like a switch, Felix's emotions flipped in on itself. His vision became stained in a blur of reds and his grip on the gun tightened til his knuckles grew white. "Take his name out of your fucking mouth."

"Why? You gonna finally put a bullet in my head? Yea right. You've got shit for guts, boy. There's no changing that."

Click.

The gun was cocked. His finger laid steadily on the trigger. All he needed to do was squeeze it, like he's done plenty of times already.

Felix's eyebrows twitched downward as an enraged, yet pained expression, etched itself into the features of his face. His eyes, inflamed with contempt, narrowed down at the man.

"...Sorry."

BANG BANG

--

As the dust settled beneath the moonlight, four silhouettes were left behind for the spirits to ridicule: an untouched , a porygon named Barnaby, and a Gallade laying on top of his trainer.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 8:46:08 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]Well, well. This time, you've called the wrong bluff, Elisabeth. The ricochet of the bullets arrested Elisabeth in place, a single thought rising above all others: Finally.[break][break]

*BANG, BANG!*[break][break]

A perverse relief flooded through her at the knowledge of the end of her existence, only for that relief to shift in origin as she realised she was, in fact, still alive.

The Gallade that had intervened held a writhing in place, hands still reaching for the gun that had been kicked aside.[break][break]

Elisabeth gathered her wits enough to grab the discarded weapon, her other hand shakily reaching for two Pokeballs. A Weepinbell and a Tsareena both appeared, obedient and ready.[break][break]

"Ranunculus," Elisabeth hissed with gun raised, the Weepinbell that appeared looking to her for an answer. "WRAP. Fasten him in place."[break][break]

Vines drew forth from the bell-shaped Pokemon, ensnaring the prostrate bodyguard in the centre of the clearing and rendering him immobile.[break][break]

"Narcissa," the blonde continued, her voice slowly beginning to regain its earlier calm, "Be ready to use POWER WHIP on my command."[break][break]

She'd already overestimated Felix's mental fortitude once before. Better not to risk making the same mistake again so quickly.[break][break]

"I may not be as skilled with a gun as you," Elisabeth said to directly, her voice smooth as glass, "but I know how to use one. So let us try this again, Felix." [break][break]

The next question lingered unspoken on her lips: "Do you really want to kill me?" No, she realised suddenly. That wasn't the question she wanted to ask. She already knew the answer to that, readily deciphered from the wild look in his eyes.[break][break]

"Who do you think I am? Call me by name."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 3:55:37 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
When one's world seems to flip in on itself, the solid ground becomes a sanctuary. Firm and real-- it was the first thing that began to bridge Felix's consciousness back to reality. The second thing was his Gallade's firm grip around his arms, then the vine's.

Head hung low, eyes darkened, the apprehended bodyguard was forced to sit up and face the woman he had just shot at. Though, the gravity of the situation hadn't settled immediately. It took a moment of mental gymnastics and slow breathing for his mind to revert back to reality, but even when it did, his mouth remained closed and his head didn't dare to move.

Shame clogged his throat and guilt shackled down his neck-- how could he have done that? Confuse her with....

" ,"
He breathed, voice low and gravely. "You're ."

@tag

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,388 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 8:48:38 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit[break]
+Hairstyle[break]

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]Not the answer she had been expecting in the slightest.[break][break]

The gun in Elisabeth's hands lowered, if only just. No motion was made to release the man from his imprisonment of vines.[break][break]

"And what should I do with you, ?" The question was spoken softly, but with all the steel of the weapon in her hands. "If you were me, would you free the man who tried to shoot you?"[break][break]

The man's head hung low, and a chilling voice that did not quite sound like her own demanded: "Look me in the eyes when I am talking to you."[break][break]

His gaze as it met hers appeared less clouded, his expression more lucid. Still. Elisabeth had been so sure that the man lying before her wouldn't want her dead that she had advanced on him with a loaded gun aimed at her head. That assumption had proven gravely and almost fatally false.[break][break]

There was a chance, however slim, that Felix did want her -- Elisabeth Fiorelli -- dead.[break][break]

"Answer me, Felix. What should I do with you?" she repeated, her poise almost regal as she took command.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES