Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 2:57:16 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
left his last date feeling confident and fulfilled. It wasn't every day that consented to an interview, after all. Despite the Fernando's lackluster assent, Barnaby had enough enthusiasm over the deal to make up for the CEO's lack thereof. Unfortunately, the journalist's elation was short-lived as he noticed the feminine figure walking toward him.

Merde.

This could not be happening again. First , now . ROCKETs with whom he was friendly, but who were not privy to Barnaby's public persona, and he wanted to keep it that way — for now.

"Ms. Fiorelli," He welcomed her over, standing as she approached their table. A gentle hand was offered in greeting.

"Barnaby Finch, HNN journalist." Of course, his characteristic shining smile was on full display even as he inwardly recoiled at the thought of her recognizing him.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance — in person, that is." He said pleasantly, reclining back into his seat. "I admit that I recently patronized your shop."

Keep it cool, keep it casual. Steer the conversation toward neutral territory.

"Thank you for offering your delivery services during this busy season. It was a delight to send my loved ones personalized gifts."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 12:17:58 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tclyr"] ❝ even in the ruins
[attr="class","tclyrb"] ❝ even in the ruins

[attr="class","tcsub"] FLOWERS BLOOM AND FLOURISH

[attr="class","tcword"] speed dating #6

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] The intoxicating banter with had resulted in a different sort of confidence for Elisabeth; she could still feel the previous man's eyes on her, enjoying the view as she leisurely walked away.[break][break]
The heady emotion faltered, however, as she locked eyes with her new companion: a Kalosian, and worse, a self-professed journalist.[break][break]
It would be an understatement to say that Elisabeth held no love for the press. They had picked her clean when she married Bortiforte, and then scavenged in the ashes of his death to find ways to paint her in the most despicable lights imaginable. The truth was often muddied by the media, and Elisabeth was used to being buried in their filth.[break][break]
This time, her smile possessed a hint of iciness as she extended a hand--a hint of winter chill found on an otherwise agreeable, demure spring day.[break][break]
"Mr. Finch. Enchanté."[break][break]
She listened with a cool, detached air as he spoke of her flower shop, nodding where appropriate as she balanced her chin on her hands. "Thank you," she replied politely. "It has been trying, but my staff has been more than up to the task. We are fortunate that this first quarter in Hoenn shall be such a successful one."[break][break]
Her crystal blue eyes assessed the admittedly handsome journalist up and down, as if measuring him. Her Roselia, Primrose, seemed uncertain what to make of her mistress's shift in posture, hovering behind her almost protectively.[break][break]
"You look familiar. You are Kalosian as well, are you not?" As pleasant as they were, the words nonetheless carried the suggestion of an interrogation. "What brings you to work in Hoenn, I wonder?"[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 20:08:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Well now. This is an Elisa I've yet to see. Interesting. He mused quietly to himself, unphased by her icy demeanor.

If anything, it only spurred on his competitive nature.

"Bon, I'm glad to hear it. I made sure to pass along your information to my coworkers and friends."

While she studied him, he took the opportunity to appraise her as well. Cobalt eyes flitted along her feminine form, appreciating all the little touches she had made to her appearance for the occasion.

Elisa's red gown hugged her in all the right places, while her makeup was complimentary and not overdone. Barnaby quite enjoyed her hair, especially, in part because of the beautiful flowers that adorned it.

Her query pulled his attention back to their conversation.

"Oui, je suis. I relocated to Hoenn a little over six months ago." His voice was pleasant and accommodating. Nothing was given to hint at his real reason for coming to Hoenn.

"My superiors in the network necessitated the move. Follow the news, they reasoned." He shrugged, unbothered. "I'm sure you can understand given all that has happened in this country."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 22:04:39 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tcword"] speed date #6

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] "Oh, yes. I understand it perfectly. One must... follow the news, as you say." Had he been one of the vultures that covered the Bortiforte scandal? It maddened Elisabeth that she couldn't recall.[break][break]
Six or seven months. It was a damnably nebulous enough time to leave room for doubt. It would explain why his face was so peculiarly, frustratingly familiar.[break][break]
"Although Kalos was plenty full of scandal and gossip, as I well recall," she continued nonchalantly, her voice as smooth as glass. "The nobility, I think, thrived on the faintest whiff of tawdry drama."[break][break]
A low, latent fury simmered beneath the surface of her words, restrained with the practised finesse of a woman who has danced with the devil one too many times. [break][break]
Perhaps Elisabeth was projecting, she attempted to reason with herself. It had been a long time since a reporter had looked her in the eyes and attempted to befriend her. And it had been an even longer time since she had clung to such a figure expecting a helping hand, only to receive a knife in the back instead. [break][break]
What had that rag called her, years ago? A weepy, spoiled young bride, spiraling into uncontrollable fits of hysteria, unbecoming of a CEO's wife.[break][break]
"We all have our reasons for starting over, Mr. Finch." Elisabeth offered a brief smile, one that never touched her eyes, as she idly gestured a hand. "You wouldn't be much of a reporter if you didn't ask me any questions. By all means, ask away."[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 22:53:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
In typical Barnaby fashion, he listened, and he smiled, and he nodded along. Even as Elisabeth's tone grew sharper, he gave no recognizable indication that anything was amiss.

Theirs was just a friendly conversation among strangers, nothing more.

"Not just the nobility. All walks of life are drawn to the sensational." He replied, sighing. "What can be done? The people want what the people want."

"You wouldn't be much of a reporter..."

An eyebrow was raised, a faint hint of incredulity.

"Tell me your darkest secret, Ms. Fiorelli." His eyes flashed to hers, a knowing glint in their cobalt depths.

Casually, he leaned an elbow on the table, resting his chin on an upturned palm.

"Normally I'd parse these things out over the course of an interview," He explained, adding, "But we're on borrowed time, after all."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 23:08:39 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] When Elisabeth laughed, there was no mirth in the sound, merely a cruel, hollow imitation of it. How long had it been since Elisabeth had allowed her anger to course through her like this? This man---no, this reporter--had perhaps nothing to do with any of the resentments bottled within her, and yet in this moment his very figure seemed to represent so many others, so many faceless enemies, distilled into a single, unfortunate stranger.[break][break]

And he had invited her to lift the ever-so-fragile restraint on that fury.[break][break]

Gone was the demure, feminine woman who had exchanged subtle pleasantries with , or the temptress who had teased with her expert deflections. In that woman's stead was the Elisabeth that had only recently reared her head in the Slateport slums, witnessed only by a mysterious, dark-haired man street-smart enough to stay away from an ostentatious gathering like this one.[break][break]
Elisabeth cocked her head with a wicked smile, her chin balanced perfectly on the back of her hand; one of the countless roses in her hair shed blood-red petals with the slight movement. [break][break]

"Why, Mr. Finch, haven't you read the papers? According to all of you, I murdered my late husband."[break][break]

And she'd do it again, and again, and again. However many times it took to keep that monster buried.[break][break]

[break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 23:30:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
A heady tension permeated the vicinity of their table, summoned by Elisa's cruel laughter and cutting tone. So poised one moment, angry the next. Unable to hide the fury that simmered just below the surface of her beautiful façade.

Barnaby knew he shouldn't indulge in his deception, shouldn't provoke a sleeping giant - but God, was it fun.

He enjoyed seeing her like this, a glimpse of the savagery he'd witnessed the night they'd met clawing its way out with every word she spoke.

She seemed so much more alive this way.

"The divine and dulcet Lady Fiorelli? Kill her husband?" He countered with mock-surprise.

"No, certainly not." His denial was spoken through a devious smile.

"Unless.. this is a confession? Now, that would be a dark secret indeed."

And that was where he left it as a timer buzzed overhead, announcing an end to their little date.

"A pity. I guess I'll never know." Barnaby straightened up in his seat, taking one last moment to appreciate the woman in front of him. He was curious to see the effect his words would have.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Ms. Fiorelli." An unhurried goodbye as he stood from his chair, Bijou coming to a heel at his side. "Have a wonderful Palentine's Day."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,387 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 23:56:55 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] Alive. For so many years Elisabeth hadn't been, lingering like one of her own flowers in a state of almost-death, wilting while aching for a merciful sliver of sunlight. A wooden woman going through the motions, flinching from tempers she couldn't predict, weeping over faults that had been imprinted upon her by a man who saw failure in every glance.[break][break]

Anger had been what freed her from that prison, snapping her out of the fog of inadequacy and fear. Fury had animated her, driving her to act. Spite had killed the first seed of guilt and stopped it from ever flourishing.[break][break]

And vindication for that anger had driven her to the path of monsters, walking the path of a Rocket.[break][break]

"Think what you like of me, Mr. Finch." Her piercing eyes cut through the haze of mockery like a knife. "You chose your question. I didn't get to choose my answer to it. I never have." She didn't need to shout, nor to threaten, to display her silent displeasure. The thick tension emanating from their table was conveyed instead in an eerily calm and soft-spoken tone, poised and heavy with implication.[break][break]

When the noblewoman arose from her seat, the red skirts of her gown swirled about her with all the cold elegance of a queen rising before her court. "It is my pleasure to entertain yet another reporter as a little dalliance from their boring, humdrum lives," she said, her words slow, cool, and measured. The flicker of her icy eyes summed up Barnaby in a single, dispassionate glance. "I am glad to see my tragedy is still rife for another crude vulture's mockery. You have sadly met all my expectations, Mr. Finch, and I daresay they were terribly low and terribly disappointing to start with."[break][break]

As the blonde mirrored her companion's move to depart, the silks of her gown shifted, the plunging backline exposing skin otherwise hidden beneath her tasteful ensemble. A perfect place for a knife to strike her from behind, Elisabeth mused to herself wryly. [break][break]

"You'll forgive me if I don't leave you my number, Mr. Finch," she said, pausing so that her final words were a whisper in his ear. "I have a more pressing engagement with worthier company. Best of luck finding the news story you're searching for."[break][break]

She didn't wait to hear his reply. She simply vanished into the crowd, one more silhouette lost to the darkness.

[break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TRICK QUESTION [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 4:55:36 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS