Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
QUIET THOUGHT [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 18:19:38 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The event seemed to be winding down for the evening. After seven dates, some more enjoyable than others, Barnaby was beginning to feel a little fatigued. He wasn't alone, either - the crowd that had filled the hall had thinned substantially, and with it so too did the loud hum of conversation.

It was quieter, but somehow this seemed more pleasant to the journalist.

Looking up, he caught the gaze of his next partner. He was a broad, handsome man whose face seemed vaguely familiar. Barnaby wasn't able to place it, though.

"Bonsoir, Mr. Anderson." A quick glance down to the itinerary to confirm the correct name.

"Barnaby Finch. It's a pleasure to meet you." He spoke languidly, extending a hand in greeting.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
QUIET THOUGHT [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 22:50:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Shit was winding down for the evening—the quieter buzz of talking in the atmosphere was proof of that.

Just a few hours ago it was just too much noise pressing down all at once, but here we are, things were finally returning to some sort of calm

The Composed, calm? In this day and age?!

After the past few dates, something on the more light-hearted side was what he needed.

(And so very Kalosian, of course. My oh my.)

So of course he couldn’t help but crack a grin at all this.

Buona sera, signore Finch. Or… would you prefer I call your Barnaby?” he replied in greeting, taking the hand and returning the gesture as he took his seat across from the other.

Should the other man notice, Lars’s hands were maybe colder than usual. Not from nerves, mind. He was the Composed after all…

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
QUIET THOUGHT [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 23:13:43 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby savored the cool, confident touch of the other’s hand in his. Though fleeting, rough calluses had left an impression — a man in such a fine-looking suit, sporting a telltale sign of manual labor? Hmm.

Barnaby è perfetto.” The journalist’s eyes held Lars’ own electric blue, a teasing, intrigued glint in their cobalt depths. He enjoyed meeting other non-English speakers, if only because they reminded him of home.

A beautiful language that I unfortunately know little of. It rolls perfectly off your lips, though, Mr. Anderson. Or would Laurence be preferable?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
QUIET THOUGHT [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 23:35:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh?

The other knew the language, too? But—there was still a heavy hint of Kalosian around the other’s words.

And then came the age-old question…

“Actually, Lars would be much better, if I’m being honest,” he said with a bit of a smirk as he reached for a vanilla-flavored macaron and popped it whole into his mouth.

Allowing a few moments of silence, he spoke up once he was done consuming the sweet treat.

“Where from Kalos do you come from? I know a friend who comes from Shalour,” he added. “Are you familiar with the surname Benoit by any chance?”

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
QUIET THOUGHT [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 3:15:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Lars." The name left his lips like an aged bourbon: slow and savory.

He watched as his partner partook in one of the catered desserts, a small smirk tugging at his mouth. Well, Lars obviously wasn't a delicate man.

That was alright with Barnaby.

"Lumiose, the capital." He began, adding, "I know several Benoits, actually. It is a fairly common surname."

But the name tugged at some unknown memory in his brain. Lars, Benoit... whatever it was, Barnaby wasn't in the headspace to figure it out. Their time was ticking, after all.

"Is this friend a boyfriend or are you unattached? I'll confess that I hope it's the latter." Pleasant, conversational, but all too forward. There was no use being coy when their date was already beginning to reach its end.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
QUIET THOUGHT [SD]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 7:09:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Looking for news on a friend of mine who has that surname, really,” he remarked as he grabbed another macaron and took a bite out of it.

“When they usually say ‘no news is good news’, but well, guess they’re flying off the radar for now. Considering what their family’s business is over there, I wouldn’t be surprised.”

As for the last statement? He chuckled.

“I have no attachments. Haven’t had any… for two years now, I’ll be honest.”

Him, moving forward? That was a surprise in and on itself!

“What makes you ask, signore?”