awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Cavernous Explorations [DW]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 13:50:24 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Deep beneath the water of Route 128 lied the entrance to the Seafloor Cavern, a cave said to have existed since prehistoric times. It was where Yvette and Andrea were currently headed in order to conduct research on the various Pokémon that called this relic of the ancient past their home.

There was no need to use a submarine. Hoenn had so much water that knowing how to swim was a prerequisite for living here. Swimming under the sea, a skin-tight diving suit hugging her (quite curvy) form, Andrea felt just like a Water Pokémon! It wasn't long before the duo of teacher and assistant reached their destination, resurfacing inside the underwater cave.

Andrea shivered after removing her scuba equipment. "Brrrr! The water is so cold around this time of year!" She took out one of her Pokéballs, which unleashed a massive, crimson-winged dragon that looked like George's twin. "Hey, Meatloaf. Can you warm us up with a Flamethrower pretty please?" The Salamence was visibly taken aback that his trainer was using him for such a mundane task, but she had said the magic word, so he couldn't possibly decline her request.

Standing near the steady stream of fire coming out of her Salamence's mouth, Andrea dried herself, sighing contently. "Ahh, much better... Thanks, Meatloaf!" The fledgling assistant then turned towards her employer. "So, what species should we research first, Ms. Yvette?"
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 0:17:37 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]
tag
notes
water/rock
”You can say that again,” she agreed between chattering teeth, resurfacing beside Andrea on her Samurott. At least her assistant agreed with her preference for warmer temperatures. How she survived in Sinnoh as long as she did…

Yvette warmed herself against Meatloaf’s flame as she summoned her Charmeleon for a more consistent source of light and heat. ”Whatever we spot first!” she answered with her usual flippancy. ”Or, more accurately, we’re observing everything within this area. I want to see how the recent environmental changes might’ve affected the Pokémon that live down here, if at all.”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".yvette"] [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 4:36:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PELIPPER APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DRIZZLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SOAK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MANTINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WIDE GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA RING

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 11:43:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The older woman's words piqued Andrea's curiosity. "Environmental changes? Are you talking about climate change?" Human progress negatively affected nature and the critters that lived in it, after all, to the point there existed species of Pokémon that were literally made out of pollution. Then again, Yvette could be referring to something else entirely.

After getting all warm and cozy courtesy of the heat radiating from their Pokémon's flames, the duo were able to start exploring the seawater-filled cave proper. It wasn't long before the overeager assistant spotted a wild Mantine that jumped out of the water, trying to ward the two humans off with a Bubble Beam. Her Salamence came to the rescue, blocking the attack with one of its vermilion wings.

"Look, this one has a Remoraid stuck to it!" Andrea pointed at the little fishie that was attached to the underside of the larger creature's fin. "I've heard that Mantine and Remoraid have a... sym-bi-otic relationship?" She mused, struggling a bit to remember the correct term. Still, it was a neat topic to do research on.

Meatloaf knocked the flying manta ray backwards with a powerful Outrage, causing it to fall onto its back and into dry land. The Remoraid decided to abandon ship, detaching itself from its host's fin and jumping back into the water. "So much for the symbiotic relationship theory... It was only looking out for itself!" Andrea pouted, before hurling a Pokéball towards the now prone Mantine.
//attempting to capture mantine
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 0:42:45 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
notes
catching pelipper!
water/rock
”Something like that,” she said, hooking a few other Pokéballs from her bag onto her belt. ”You’re a local to region, right? I don’t recall the huge tears in spacetime appearing and disappearing all over the place being advertised in any of the brochures.” One of many oddities plaguing the region within the past few years. Maybe it was inevitable that someone like her would find her way here.

Yvette whistled at the efficient take down of the Mantine. ”You’re getting better at that. Didn’t even flinch!” It was a good sign too that she could rattle off facts like that mid-battle. A far cry from the girl who’d cowered behind a rock at the first Pokémon that turned up.

”This is sort of what I’m talking about though. Mantine typically keep to the surface of the water, not this far under the-Ah! There, see!” She pointed at a lone Pelipper flapping in circles dead ahead of them, hopelessly lost this far below the open sky. ”It likely dove too far; either in search of food or to escape becoming food, and ended up stuck when it resurfaced here.”

It didn’t seem difficult to defeat in this state, but Yvette took some pity on the bird. Instead, she reached into her bag and pulled out one of the tightly-wrapped and bagged sandwiches she’d brought for the pair of them, carefully tearing off chunks of it and tossing them at the ground between her and the wild Pokémon.

The Pelipper immediately dove for the free meal, scooping the pieces in its massive beak and landing a just a few feet away to gulp them down. When it was done, it gave the two trainers a wary look, but Yvette merely coaxed the pelican with an enticing wiggle of the remainder of the sandwich. ”More where that came from.”

It glanced back at the tunnels, then her, and seemingly decided free food and the promise of escape wasn’t a bad deal, as it hopped towards the researcher expectantly. ”Smart choice,” she said, tossing the last bit of bread and meat into its open beak.
[newclass=".yvette"] [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 6:10:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHIELDON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOUNDPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ENDURE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PYUKUMUKU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNARDS OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SOAK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAIN SPLIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PURIFY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 9:41:27 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"So, the space-time distortions are making the Pokémon in Hoenn act all weird and disoriented? I think I get it..." Andrea nodded understandingly, while picking Mantine's Pokéball off the ground. She then blushed sheepishly at Yvette's compliment. "T-thanks... I'm just trying to be a good assistant!"

Another example of wild Pokémon being found in the wrong places was the poor Pelipper that had somehow been trapped inside the cave. Yvette managed to win the aquatic bird over with food. "Nice thinking, Ms. Yvette! Snacks are always a guaranteed way to a hungry Pokémon's heart!" Her dragon-hooded assistant chimed in.

Just then, a Shieldon appeared out of the blue, validating the Seafloor Cavern's reputation of being the home of super-ancient creatures. This Shieldon wasn't interested in snacks, though. It was looking to attack the two humans for stepping into its territory. "Don't worry. We've got this, right Meatloaf?" Andrea turned to her Salamence, who nodded in response.

The fully evolved Dragon type exhaled a devastating Flamethrower from his mouth, but the prehistoric critter Endured the super effective attack, barely hanging to conscience. "Woah, this one is tough! I'd better catch it!" The young PokéManiac said, before throwing another Pokéball, which bopped Shieldon's namesake head.
//attempting to capture shieldon
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 21:56:59 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
notes
catching pyukumuku!
water/rock
”As far as anyone can tell, the distortions actually seem to be dragging aggressive, non-native Pokémon from some other place,” she elaborated. ”While causing abrupt physical changes to certain species, like Oda here.”

The Samurott in question appeared to be preoccupied with something behind him, turning around slightly to reveal the Pyukumuku clinging to his tail. It hung from the large white stretching from its mouth, and didn’t look like it planned to leave anytime soon.

”Hey, quit getting distracted! Oda, Aqua Tail,” Yvette barked at her Pokémon. Her Samurott complied swiftly, raising his tail in a wave-like arch and smashing it and the Pyukumuku into the rocks, knocking the little stowaway out instantly. It got its revenge, though, as the large spines along its back dug painfully into Oda’s tail and forced the regal Pokémon to hop inelegantly away with a pitiful cry.

Yvette did her best to comfort him while tossing a Pokéball at the unconscious Pyukumuku.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 19:17:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TYMPOLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ECHOED VOICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ANORITH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 12:33:51 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Yvette went on to explain how the space-time distortions were apparently responsible for wild Pokémon appearing in ecosystems where they didn't belong, while also causing certain Pokémon like her Samurott to change form.

"Oh yeah, I've seen Samurott that look like Oda before." Andrea nodded, recalling her own experiences with said distortions and things related to them. "I also saw a Kabuto and a Tirtouga that were stranded near the desert the other day, not to mention this little guy who somehow found his way here." She pointed at the Pokéball containing her newly caught Shieldon.

The conga line of Fossil Pokémon did not end there, though. Soon, an Anorith emerged from the water, picking the food crumbs that had been left behind by Yvette's Pelipper. "Whoa, another rare Pokémon! Get 'em, Meatloaf!" Andrea ordered her Salamence.

The adorable anomalocaris used Harden to bolster its defenses, but that didn't help much against Meatloaf's Outrage, which engulfed the poor shrimp in draconic flames, causing it to roll all over the ground in an attempt to put them out. The young PokéManiac threw another ball at the Anorith in order to release it from its fiery torment.
//attempting to capture anorith
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 4:29:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]ANDREA CAUGHT THE ANORITH!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]CONGRATULATIONS!