murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
The 3 M's [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 15:01:49 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
A giggling Michiko clung to her husband's arm, tugging him towards the enormous maze which had grown up and around Fortree City. She'd seen it on the local news and insisted they take a weekend off together and come down from Petalburg to visit. A couple hours later by train, here they were, ready for some maze-crawling action.

"Oh! After the maze, we can go get cheese-tea," Michi said suddenly as they entered. "I hear there is a famous shop!"

"That sounds great, sweetie," said Mickey, giving his tiny wife a pat on the back. "I'd love to try it."

Grassy walls closed in on either side of the older couple as they ventured down the verdant passage, appreciating the smell of flowers in the air as they reached a crossroads. "Ah, it is exciting! Left, or right?" Michi asked, spinning around and clasping her hands together.

Mickey had no idea, of course, but he decided to take responsibility for what might easily be a shortcut to the cheese-tea shop. "Let's go right! And just remember, I love spending time with you."

Hands clasped, the pair headed towards the RIGHT.

xIKjgdL8

[newclass=.michi b] color: #c58d35; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
The 3 M's [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 21:55:40 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

THE FIRST CHECKPOINT

Decisions made together are all the sweeter, aren't they?

The Roselia guarding this first of many choices nods, bowing as she steps aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the first checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go RIGHT.[break]

THE PATH LESS TRAVELED BY

As you advance deeper into the maze, flowers of every hue blossom and unfurl around you, as if celebrating your passage deeper into the leafy foliage. Sunlight spills forth through the crevices of leaves and branches, at last revealing a Lilligant who stands before you.

She elegantly curtseys with a smile, as if she has been long awaiting your presence. In her leafy hands, she holds a boxed gift:
[break]
Pokeballs
FIVE POKEBALLS. You have PASSED the first checkpoint!

Behind her another choice awaits you: a winding, looping path to the left, and a narrow and snaking path to the right.

Which path shall you take, ?

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
The 3 M's [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 13:46:15 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
"Oh!" Michiko giggled as her husband stopped to tip his hat to the Roselia guarding the first checkpoint. She made little fists and pumped them enthusiastically. "We passed! Yes!"

"What beautiful blossoms on that Roselia! The gardener must be very talented," Mickey said after they'd left the blossoming Pokemon behind.

His comment seemed to startle Michi. "Eh?Do you think so?" She remembered having to pull them out of her mother's garden as a child. She'd always hated dealing with the thorns.

Mickey gave her hand a squeeze as if he realized she was having childhood Hoenn Pokemon-related flashbacks. A Lilligant was waiting for them at the next fork in the path, prompting their next decision.

"It's a good idea to just pick a direction consistently in mazes, I've heard," Mickey offered. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "A bit of a logical approach, I'm afraid."

"Let's do it!"
Michiko declared passionately.

The couple went RIGHT again, hoping the path would lead them deeper into the labyrinth.

qdnjQfI3

[newclass=.michi b] color: #c58d35; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
The 3 M's [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 15:53:03 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

THE SECOND CHECKPOINT

The simple pleasure of exploring a new place with your loved ones seems to bring a renewed sense of warmth to the surrounding flora, which brightens as you pass by.

Smiling, the Lilligant that guards this second checkpoint bobs her head in silent understanding, stepping aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the second checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go RIGHT.[break]

OUT OF THE WOODS

Together, you and your companions follow the long and winding path of the maze, eyes scanning for the next possible glimpse of the promised checkpoint ahead. The flowers, however, seem to furl up and diminish in your shadow; it occurs to you, after some time of endless wandering and meandering, that your path only goes one way.

Out.

The radiant smile of a Bellossom greets you, dancing over to you with a consolation gift in her hands. Next to her, the figure of her trainer, , gives a small, sympathetic smile. "You got further than most, and your reward should reflect that," she says, gesturing for you to open the proffered box.

[break]

HAS COMPLETED THE MAZE CHALLENGE!

[break][break]
You have EXITED the maze and are eligible for the following prizes when this thread closes: [break]
50 PD[break]
FIVE POKEBALLS