6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kafka [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 6:45:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the concept itself reminds kyle of a the previous mauville city gym when it was still under . the mazes were already troublesome enough without them changing. this new maze's gimmick just ups the difficulty too much that kyle is willing to pin it all to luck.

the usual trick for these kinds of things was always to go left and one will eventually find an exit. that wasn't going to work with the shifting walls and all, but there's no other basis for anything anyways so he might as well.

kyle crosses his fingers as he goes, knowing how luck escapes him more often than not.

going left

DwcubtTo

@tags
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
kafka [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 15:17:06 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

THE FIRST CHECKPOINT

Pinning it to luck is, as it happens, the only way forward. Relying on old wisdom is better than nothing at all -- so left it is.

The Roselia guarding this first of many choices nods, bowing as she steps aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the first checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go LEFT.[break]

THE PATH LESS TRAVELED BY

As you advance deeper into the maze, flowers of every hue blossom and unfurl around you, as if celebrating your passage deeper into the leafy foliage. Sunlight spills forth through the crevices of leaves and branches, at last revealing a Lilligant who stands before you.

She elegantly curtseys with a smile, as if she has been long awaiting your presence. In her leafy hands, she holds a boxed gift:
[break]
Pokeballs
FIVE POKEBALLS. You have PASSED the first checkpoint!

Behind her another choice awaits you: a winding, looping path to the left, and a narrow and snaking path to the right.

Which path shall you take, ?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kafka [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 16:43:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he gives the lilligant a smile as he takes the gift. he examines it before deciding to open it at home instead of right away.

waving bye at the grass-type, kyle continues to trudge on.

there's a pleasant amount of good vibes coming from him now that his luck has led him somewhere not bad. a hum is sung as he continues to walk the garden, only to stop when he's met with another fork on the road.

a realization comes. it was always when he gets complacent that he gets hit with a big 'fuck you' by lady luck.

silence comes, and kyle takes a moment to think of a choice. in the end, he decides to stick with the virtue of going left every time. even if it doesn't work, he can just blame it on luck.

going left

HR6AwdkP

@tags

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
kafka [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 11:07:07 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

THE SECOND CHECKPOINT

Lady Luck, alas, is known for her capricious whims. There is a palpable sense of amusement in the air around you, as if the very leaves are shivering with laughter.

Smiling, the Lilligant that guards this second checkpoint bobs her head in silent understanding, stepping aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the second checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go LEFT.[break]

OUT OF THE WOODS

You follow the long and winding path of the maze, eyes scanning for the next possible glimpse of the promised checkpoint ahead. The flowers, however, seem to furl up and diminish in your shadow; it occurs to you, after some time of endless wandering and meandering, that your path only goes one way.

Out.

The radiant smile of a Bellossom greets you, dancing over to you with a consolation gift in her hands. Next to her, the figure of her trainer, , gives a small, sympathetic smile. "You got further than most, and your reward should reflect that," she says, gesturing for you to open the proffered box.

[break]

HAS COMPLETED THE MAZE CHALLENGE!

[break][break]
You have EXITED the maze and are eligible for the following prizes when this thread closes: [break]
50 PD[break]
FIVE POKEBALLS