nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 0:23:55 GMT
nina larson Avatar
”prprprprprprprp...”

in one hand, a bottle of white zinfandel, as pink as jessie’s hair. in the other, a togepi, squealing as they waited at the front door. nina was making motorboat sounds, and it was hilarious.

as she bounced her happy egg, she casually looked around. it was an unfamiliar complex, and night was dark. ”c’mon, jessie...” she sang lightly, almost a hum and she smiled back down with a giggle.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
new moves
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 2:09:35 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie came to the door, a bright grin on her lips as Nina came to her view.

"Nina! Come in!" she practically sang, grabbing her arm and pulling her in.

Her home, while small, was lit up with hanging lights to make it feel cozy and warm. She had cleared out a spot for them to have space to move.

"Wine! I'll get glasses."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:26:46 GMT
nina larson Avatar
the door opened, and the light behind jessie was like a halo that beamed out across the pavement. nina grinned, and togepi trilled happily in her arms as they were pulled inside. new friend, new friend.

nina looked around. she appreciated the small space. she’d slept in mansions and expensive condos, but never owned anything so luxurious herself. they’d been brief glimpses on business into the world she’d always fantasized about being a permanent fixture in. this was cozier, and more like home.

”it’s cute,” she chirped.

the bottle was set down, but togepi remained perched in the crook of her arm.

”okay. hope the white zin’s alright. i wasn’t sure what to get.”

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
new moves
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:34:26 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie giggled, placing her hands on her hips as she smiled at Nina.

"Thanks! It's not a lot, but I really don't want anything bigger. Too much to clean."

She reached over to scratch the Togepi, nodding excitedly.

"That's fine. I'll take any type of wine, honestly," Jessie said as she went and pulled two wine glasses.

She poured some for each of them, bringing a glass for Nina before sitting on the couch. She pat an open cushion for Nina to join her.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 21:37:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
this was nice. she had a few friends, but it had been some time since she’d seen them. since joining rocket, things had been lonely.

taking the wine, she smiled, ”thank you.” and sat down on the couch with togepi in her lap, considering a conversation starter. she was curious about jessie. this was the first time she’d spent with another woman in rocket off work, much less from her own gang.

”so... tell me about yourself.”

she took a sip. it was sweeter than what she typically preferred, but a good middle-of-the-road for sort of wine when she hadn’t known what to bring.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
new moves
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 16:19:45 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"Me?"

Jessie considered what all she should tell Nina. It wasn't like she was trying to hide anything, of course. It was just... there was a lot about her that she could know. Did she dump a lot of that on her at once, or did she add details one at a time?

"Well, I'm from Canalave, Sinnoh. My family is huge, and I guess they're a big deal. My dad's a councilman now, whatever. I don't have a great relationship with him. But my siblings are great. I have... four brothers and a sister. I'm the second oldest," she said with a laugh.

"I actually moved to Verdanturf from Slateport after a met . He convinced me to come work for his gang, and well... you know..."

She blushed, hiding her face in her glass as she sipped her wine.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:53:06 GMT
nina larson Avatar
stop.

recent councilman. big family. ”wait, isn’t your name...” black. as in . she blinked, having to make a quick decision.

”you’re councilman black’s daughter. wow. well, i hope you don’t mind me saying, i don’t quite see the resemblance.” yes she did.

she sipped, happy that the subject shifted. smiling at her blush.

”you really like him, huh?”

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
new moves
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 23:44:34 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie paused, tilting her head and raising a brow as Nina seemed to connect the pieces. Then she nodded.

"Yep. Asshole's my dad. Don't like him much, and he doesn't like me. Whatever," she said with a huff and a sip of her wine.

"Look? Oh! Ha, I'm actually a natural ginger. I just dye my hair because it fits my personality, and I like it!" she said with a giggle, flipping her hair over her shoulder to play with a couple of strands.

Nina was perceptive. Or Jessie was painfully obvious. She looked down and then back up, biting her lip.

"Maybe? Yeah? Ugh, it's so complicated! Every one of the girls here seem to swoon over him. One of them got in a fight with me in the club because of him. But 's... he's a player, right? He doesn't seem like he'd ever settle down with someone. So I shouldn't get my hopes up."

A pause and another sip.
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 22:33:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
asshole. no, nina wanted to correct her. not an asshole. far from it. when her own family had vanished, he had picked her up off the ground and gotten her back on her feet. because of him, she had not been left alone to figure out the world herself.

she could have likely argued the same for jessie, but she didn’t. at least not that night.

”i bet he likes you.”

jessie was a natural ginger. she saw even more of gabe in small corners of her face as she imagined it. ”the pink’s really pretty,” she complimented.

was a player? maybe. probably. at this point, she didn’t really know any of them all that well yet. her eyes flashed a little wider at the mention of club drama. ”oh my god. people are crazy.”

with a light sigh, she reasoned, ”i mean... if you like him then like... you should explore that. but fighting over him?” she sipped, smiling tightly like she had a lemon-drop in her mouth. ”did you start the fight or did she?”

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
new moves
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 1:09:57 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie wanted to laugh. Scoff. Make condescending jokes and everything like it about when Nina said that maybe, just maybe, he liked her.

She didn't know everything that had happened, right? Why she was in Rocket, why she had chosen to do adult entertaining. Try to disown herself from the Black family name.

But she didn't, instead focusing on the lighter of the two topics.

"I started the fight because she called me a fake whore. It wasn't about him at that point, though. She was just jealous of me."

Jessie snorted into her glass as she remembered that woman, spitting names and telling her to go back to Slateport.

"Eh... you think that's a good idea? I mean, I don't know... like, what if he just likes me for my looks?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 0:17:16 GMT
nina larson Avatar
abrasiveness of it. ”sounds like she started it.” not that nina would have gone for the other girl’s throat had she been in the same situation herself. jessie’s aggressive streak was surprising, and even a little exhilarating.

for jessie’s situation in particular, she felt she had little genuine advice to give. she’d had nothing but fake boyfriends. she’d always been detached in that way—or tried to be. it was just business.

she found that most of the world, at least what little she’d seen of it, was rather shallow. duh, she thought. as far as she was concerned, niko was with jessie for her looks 100%, but of course, she didn’t say that.

”well it’s like you said, right? if he’s a player and he has all these women fawning over him... sounds like he can land a hot date just fine. he chose you because there’s something about you that’s special.”

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
new moves
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 14:18:41 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
A pleased smirk crossed Jessie's lips as Nina pointed out that perhaps, the other girl started it. She couldn't remember her name. Niko had known it, since she had worked in Verdanturf, but it had long since been burned from her memory.

"I like you the more you speak," she said with a giggle.

Even as she comforted her. Even though Nina didn't completely speak her mind about Niko, she still made Jessie feel a bit more calm about the situation at hand. She shrugged, leaning back.

"Maybe... well, enough about me. What about you? Tell me something about you. I feel like I've been blabbing about myself the whole time."
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 6:58:54 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she smiled silently, leaning back as well.

”good. it’s nice to have a friend.”

she would learn more about the gang, over time. learn how to see the good in people, how to give it, and how to be brutally honest with someone who genuinely cared about her.

maybe she didn’t have so much to share yet. she had to consider a moment. she wasn’t used to being in a gang. alone was more her style, keeping every real detail closely guarded.

”mm... well, i’m kind of new to all of this stuff, to be honest. like, i used to just steal things. that’s how i got in. i’m pretty good at it.” she paused, biting her lip a little. she had gotten in way too deep, and for what? she could scarcely even remember. ”but rocket and the gang... they’re really violent, you know? like... they kill people.” we.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
new moves
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 4:45:56 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie had also not been apart of the gang for a long time. Hell, she had just moved from Slateport not too long ago to work down here at 's request.

She wouldn't admit that it was also to be closer, to catch a glimpse of him now and again.

But Nina's prompting question made Jessie tilt her head before she sipped from her glass. Her nails tapped the glass as she contemplated what to say.

"Well, they may be, but everyone I've met has been really nice. And supportive. I don't know much about the Rocket side, but as far as the gang goes, I think as long as they're protected and safe, it shouldn't matter much. Right?"

Perhaps she was naïve. Jessie had joined Rocket out of rebellion, to separate herself further from the Black family name and her father. But, she also didn't feel stuffiness or tight rules like she did as a normal citizen.

"I tend to keep my nose out of things, though. My job is to dance and make people feel happy. As long as I'm doing that, I don't feel like I'm in a dangerous group, you know?"
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
twenty-five
december twelfth
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
673 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
new moves
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 0:20:50 GMT
nina larson Avatar
jessie’s response made her realize maybe it was something she shouldn’t question, or think about too much. forever, she had lived under the security of those who had allowed her to turn a blind eye on the tragedies her work helped set in motion. she had foolishly gone looking for more opportunities in the wrong place.

”yeah,” she nodded after a moment, her eyes lowering to her wine. ”you’re right. it’s probably best to just not think about it.”

because at that point in time, her face was still in-tact. she was still a conman. a spy. a person who simply got what the monsters needed, barely peeking into their dark lair to toss in the details before shutting the door on evil and leaving to go home in the evening.

little did she know how quickly she would become one of those monsters. both of them.

”we’re where we are, and we should make the most of it right?” she smiled, almost meekly at jessie before holding up her glass for a toast. ”to the gang.”