part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 21:03:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 With all the space-time distortions flaring up around the region, and curious trainers heading in, The League naturally put out a public notice seeking those willing to discuss their experiences with The League Scientists. Any experiences were new datapoints, and the more datapoints that they collected, the closer they were to understanding these dangerous anomalies. That’s how wound up with a personal invitation to the Head Scientist’s lab at League HQ.

Eva greets the old friend with a wide smile, bright as always, “Luka! It’s so good to see you!” Eva opens her arms wide to embrace the young woman should she accept the Scientist’s rather enthusiastic advance, “I’m so grateful you could make the time for me today,” keeping up with the small talk, she leads Luka into her modern, spotlessly clean lab.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 21:37:59 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva's embrace is warm and comforting and familiar, and Luka sinks into it like a warm bath. She returns it with an extra squeeze and a bounce of her heels and when she pulls back, a happy smile stretches the apples of her cheeks. "Oh gosh...the pleasure is mine, really! Besides, I've been looking for a good excuse to see you again."[break][break]

Despite working with , she and Eva don't often cross paths. And so Luka had jumped at the chance to see the other woman again. This isn't a social occasion by any means, but it's always very cheering to see a friend.[break][break]

Her purpose here is twofold. Or perhaps three?[break][break]
One: Assist Eva with her research.[break]
Two: Catch up with a friend.[break]
Three: Discuss her findings from the museum in Lilycove.[break][break]

The last is a point she's kept to herself ever since Pokemon from the distortion began to emerge. She had been rather surprised and more than a little unnerved upon realizing that her altered Zorua is one that she'd seen before, trapped in ice underneath a museum in Lilycove. But the implications of her discovery are lost on her. Perhaps Eva can shed some light on them.[break][break]

For now, however, she allows Eva to take the lead and usher her into the lab. Luka subtly wipes her shoes on the carpet before entering, lest she dirty the spotless floor.[break][break]

"So! Umm...where should we start?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 15:46:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It really is a pity that this is how the two women come to catch up with each other. It’s unsurprising though, considering how busy they have been. Luka has been rocking it working with Matias. He’s had nothing but excellent things to say when they catch up at the end of the day. Eva has been under considerable pressure since the events of The AQUA Initiative pt. 2 and the appearance of the space-time distortions across Hoenn. That all left very little time for a social life. Eva can’t remember the last time she just sat down to have a drink and relax.

Eva’s smile brightens with the small squeeze to end the hug before they venture further into the lab, “Hmm, Let’s start with . . .” she pauses at an exam table, tapping her chin, “How have you been? How’s life? I feel like we haven’t chatted in forever!” sure they could multitask, but she feels Luka deserves her undivided attention, especially since she was so kind as to make the time to visit and assist in her research.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 1:22:05 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Oh gosh…I’ve been busy, but aren’t we all? Working with isn’t always easy,” Luka admits with a soft laugh. “But, um...I’m doing well! I hope you are too.”[break][break]

And she is, all things considered. Luka has never considered herself all that strong, but it takes a certain amount of tenacity to remain so brightly cheerful after everything she’s been through over the past few months. She’s been bent and broken- but, she hopes- into a better shape.[break][break]

She’s not sure if she’s close enough to Eva to delve into the intricacies of her personal life, to inquire about how the events of the past few months have affected the other woman. All she can offer for the time being is her companionship and assistance…and perhaps a bit of gossip to tide them over.[break][break]

“The holidays were lovely, and…” Her gaze casts towards her shoes, lashes fluttering to meet peony-spotted cheeks. [break][break]

“Um, I started seeing someone, actually,” she admits, stifling a giggle behind her hands. Girl talk might be more appropriate after hours, with a bottle of wine, but she can’t keep herself from gushing regardless.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 19:21:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva laughs a bit louder than Luka and the comment. With a knowing sigh she nods along, “Yes, he can be notoriously stubborn,” she agrees. But, she loves him for it.

The professor doesn’t miss the rise of the pink flush across Luka’s cheeks when she starts to mention her personal life. It make Eva grin, knowing something exciting was coming, “That’s awesome! Good for you!” Eva leads Luka a little further into the lab, stopping at an exam table the a collection of sampling tools at her disposal, “I can’t wait to hear all about him! Maybe we can grab a drink sometime soon? Or brunch?” Who doesn’t love a boozy brunch?

In the interest of time, Eva turns the subject back to why Luka is here today, “I heard you have an interesting pokemon to show me?” You can tell Eva is eager to see it, her smile is brimming with excitement at the promise of scientific discovery.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 2:36:10 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Brunch sounds perfect,” Luka agrees with a smile. She can recognize the gentle nudge towards the purpose of their meeting and takes the bait with grace— Eva is a busy woman, after all. Especially now that the entire region is abuzz with new pokemon, new discoveries, new rifts in space and time.[break][break]

Though that’s just par for the course in Hoenn, isn’t it?[break][break]

Luka produces a pastel love ball after Eva’s request. Her nails click against the surface as she stalls, just for a moment, then releases the Pokemon inside with a casual flick of the wrist.[break][break]

“This is Palmier.”
As if on cue, the Lilligant lets out a musical chime and turns a pirouette, leafy appendages nearly knocking over a stack of papers on Eva’s desk. “She looks like a Lilligant, right? Kind of like, um…how there’s different Ponyta in Kanto and Galar. You know?”[break][break]

Of course Eva knows. Luka flushes and looks down at her hands.[break][break]

“I mean! I-it’s just strange, don’t you think? How they look like they’re from another region or something...but they’re appearing, like...so randomly.”[break][break]

She bites her lip. "Actually, um...about that. Is this...t-this is the first time you've seen Pokemon like these before, right?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 20:26:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The presentation of the Hisuian Lilligant is ceremonious, emphasizing both grace and power in the way it spins in a quick circle.

Eva remains quiet for a moment as she leans forward. Her emerald gaze traces over the silhouette of the strange pokemon, “It does, indeed,” Eva agrees, nodding along with Luka. That isn’t the first time the theory has been brought up – simply a different variant from another region. In some ways, they did display those characteristics, “And yes, this is the first time I’ve seen this variant,” she has seen many other but never one that looked quite like this.

“Did you find it like this or did it evolve from a pokemon within the distortion?” both have been documented as far as the new variants go. That could give Eva a clue as to whether it is simply a different evolution or an entirely different species of its own all together.

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 21:29:35 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"I found her like this," Luka confirms. "In Pacifidlog. She nearly drowned..."[break][break]

Does that mean the Pokemon found in the rifts are simply dropped there? Or did they choose to enter? Are they from a different world, like the one she had visited with during the new year? What does it all mean? The scope of the question is too much for Luka to even try and parse on her own. She's not even sure that she could articulate it if she wanted to.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Palmier trills and preens in front of the pair. Any cursory examinations Eva might want to perform are easily allowed; she seems to thrive on the attention. But behind them Luka frets and fusses until she can't hold it in any longer—[break][break]

"Actually! I-I know we're here to help you with your research, but there's something I wanted to tell you. And, um...I think it might be relevant? And I think...I mean, trusts you, so I know I can. Besides, I was thinking, like...w-well, Madame Eva would know what to do with this better, so..." She's rambling. Nervous energy punctuates every syllable. Luka swallows and tries to get to the point.[break][break]

"So, um. You've only seen these kinds of variants recently, right? But I've seen them before. In, erm...gosh. It would have been November, I think?"[break][break]

About four months prior with , to be precise. Long before the spacial distortions began to appear in Hoenn.[break][break]

"It was a Growlithe, but it looked...different, yeah. Like a stone carving. I didn't know what to make of it at the time, but now..."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 4:50:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva squats down to inspect the Lilligant variant with more scrutiny. It seem Luka found it within the distortion, so it’s unclear if this is an evolution of Petilil or perhaps another variant of Petilil. She snaps her fingers to bring her RotomPhone bussing over and verbally distracts her thoughts on the pokemon.

“Do you mind if we get some pictures for documentation?” she glances up at Luka to confirm before she allows her RotomPhone to swerve around the Liligant and snap a few pictures. As the device does so, Eva stands to ask more questions when Luka continues to speak.

Eva listens with a soft expression, nodding along to show she’s paying attention though her gaze keeps flashing back to the Liligant.

“Hm, where was this statue? Somewhere in particular?” Eva turns to scan her collection of samples, “This is a Growlithe variant I’ve studied . . .” she moves to grasp a pokeball that is in line with the others. Without much warning she releases the Growlithe variant. The puppy yips in excitement, spinning around in circles and wagging it’s tail vigorously. It turns to stare at Luka through the white fur covering its eyes, “It looked like this?”

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 4:56:42 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Eva's question is met with a permissive nod of the head. And Palmier seems to bask in the attention, posing expertly for the rotomphone as though she were born for the spotlight. She makes it very easy for the ghostly device to snap photos of leafy limbs and the brilliant bloom atop her head, so similar and yet wildly deviated from the Lilligant Hoenn and the rest of the world is used to.[break][break]

While the photoshoot commences in the background, Luka and Eva continue their chat. The former leans against the edge of a sturdy desk, one foot kicking idly. She notices that Eva's attention is mostly pulled towards her Lilligant, but can't help but follow the threads of her own queries. When the scientist releases a Growlithe, she gasps.[break][break]

"That's the one! That's it exactly!"[break][break]
Luka clasps her hands, but there's no expression of joy on her face. Instead confusion clouds her features, and a vague sense of foreboding settles around her.[break][break]
"It was alive though," she clarifies. "It looks like stone, but it was real. Moving around. Uhm...well, kind of. Someone was trying to freeze it." [break][break]
And though they'd rescued it, their efforts had still come at a cost. Even though it wasn't her Pokemon, Luka won't ever forget the Golem that had been doomed by altruism.[break][break]

"It was months before Hoenn started experiencing any distortions though," she says with a frown, staring at the Growlithe while her Lilligant twirls another pirouette in the background. "So I don't know...I have no idea how the poor thing got there. Ah— it was a museum in Slateport. I'm not sure if there's any evidence left there though..."[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
What is This?? v2
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 16:30:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 There’s silence that falls between them as Eva considers Luka’s words carefully. The mind of the scientists sorts through files of data collected over time. She tries to put some pieces together, but ultimately fails. She has no good explanation for Luka’s story, nor did she think she could fabricate one. It’s an anomaly. One of too many.

Regardless, she can tell it brought back some unpleasant memories for her friend, “That is quite the story, Luka. A living statue?” she looks back over to the puppy who stands and wags its tail. The partial rock type advances to gently boop Luka’s hand and ask for pets, “They are partial rock types, it seems,” at least, that’s what her research has told her thus far.

“A museum though? Was it like . . . an ancient exhibit? Do you remember the context to which the alternate Growlithe was tied?” that may give her some footing to stand on as far as the direction of her research.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights