snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 0:16:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she... doesn't have a green thumb, that much is obvious.

her eyes flicker between him, the seeds, and the ground. whatever intelligence she might possess won't help her here. no, even the smartest people can be utterly terrible at gardening. it takes a specific knack, a touch that she simply doesn't have.

"do you, uh," she mumbles with a blooming flush. "know how to do this?" garden, she means.

and the gesture she does with her little gardening tool is cute but it's clear she's at a loss.

seed thread I

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
grace
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2022 2:51:20 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

he watches her, clear amusement present by the small twist of a smile on his face. only when she asks for help, does he approach.

"it's a bit trickier than people think," he lifts a seed, inspecting it with a careful eye, before turning it down onto the soil beneath. "for these, you need fertile ground. just deep enough to make sure it doesn't accidently get dug up, or drowned by any rainfall."
[break][break]
greyson doesn't use a tool, instead, pressing his finger into the soil, twisting, and turning, and carving a path. when she's satisfied, he plops one down, then seals it up. ellie floats just above the site, taking in the scene with appropriately cute 'oo's and 'awe's
[break][break]
"these take a few months, but..."
[break][break]
he let the words die, as this was a unique experience. he was out of his depths from here on out.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-comfey"]

[newclass=".snu"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:10px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 16:50:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]he's... probably her saving grace, maybe even in more context than simply showing her how to garden.

her smile is bright, warm, sunny when he explains. the demonstration is helpful, as is darling little ellie adding supportive coos into the mix.

"have you gardened before?" her head tilts at the thought. and then she's joining his side with the brush of a shoulder, lowering herself until she's in the dirt. a face of concentration settles in the form of a scrunched nose and her tongue poking out.

she follows his instructions with slow movements, glancing over toward him in case he corrects her movements. fertile soil, check. deep but not overly so, check.

"and then cover it?" do they water it now, too? wait, did they even bring a watering pail?

things take weeks to grow but these seeds feel different. they're unique. somehow, they remind her of floaroma town back home...

seed thread I

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
grace
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 22:11:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i have," he says, giving her a soft smile as she squats next to him, "with my mother. then, when she couldn't, i would go out in her stead." felt like a lifetime ago now. odd how fast things changed.
[break][break]
"then cover it," he confirms, padding the dirt closer together, sealing the hole. the flower — or was it an illie? — had an alluring, calming scent to it. not distracting himself, he gives her his seed, "you're turn."
[break][break]
and, while she works, he releases one of his pokemon — a milotic. "dawn, when she's done, can you give us a life dew?" she trills in agreement, and wraps her long tail in a semi-circle around them. he pats her appreciatively, watching the glowing water sink into the soil.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-milotic"]

[newclass=".snu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:10px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 2:41:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she coos softly at the brief look into his past, offering nothing further than an affectionate smile. a man who helps his mother garden is a good man, that much she understands. and while she's never had a good relationship with her family, just hearing him talk of his own makes her yearn for one.

perhaps in another timeline, another lifetime... things could have been different.

he hands a seed over and she flushes in mild spotlight.

his movements and instructions are followed with her own, burying the seed and then patting soil back down over until it's covered fully.

"like that?" she murmurs for validation that she didn't manage to fuck it up somehow.

when his milotic joins their group, she rocks back onto her heels, hovering over the dirt. life dew begins to breathe life into the soil with trickles of glimmering water. it's almost mesmerizing to watch and yet, her eyes drift over to watch him instead. the affectionate smile grows a little wider as he proudly pats his milotic.

silence surrounds them as his milotic works. and eventually, she breaks it with a soft admittance carried along the coming spring breeze.

"you know, i missed this." him.

seed thread I

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
grace
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 21:01:51 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hm," things had been hectic the past few months, but nothing too bad. at least, on his end. then again, he hadn't gone on some super secret mission.
[break][break]
"i guess it has." he tries to give her a reassuring smile, before it drops a moment. "you alright?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 0:34:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]what... is a good question.

she's silent. gears churn into thoughts and thoughts become words lodged in her throat.

and the best explanation is this: there's a list of things she's missed.

1. having a friend
2. trusting people
3. not having to watch her back
4. her skin has finally stopped crawling.
5. him.

simple, trivial things that she's taken for granted. and where she's only felt at ease with clay automatons guarding every inch of her back, that same sensation is found here.

"hanging out like this," is what she settles on for the explanation of everything else is tiring and insignificant. no one cares of her misfortunes, her trials and tribulations.

and beneath his gaze, her head turns away to watch glistening water trickle down into the earth.

"it's been a while since things have been normal."

nothing's ever been normal but she'd go back if she could.

seed thread I

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
grace
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:31:54 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hm," things had been hectic the past few months, but nothing too bad. at least, on his end. then again, he hadn't gone on some super secret mission.
[break][break]
"i guess it has." he tries to give her a reassuring smile, before it drops a moment. "you alright?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 1:44:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the reassuring smile is warm enough to keep her settled even after it drops.

and she tries to keep her own upright, curled into her cheeks without faltering.

"mostly," she murmurs. the smile twitches but holds firm. she swaps subjects in an attempt to deflect, to hide.

"how's the gym treating you? make any challengers cry yet?" light laughter makes her shoulders tremble in amusement at the thought.

seed thread I

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
grace
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 2:29:38 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she's not good at hiding her deflection, yet, he doesn't push. his head turns, to stare up at the sky, teeth playing thoughtfully with his bottom lip. he thinks of the challenge with .
[break][break]
"once or twice," he muses with a small grin, "but all in good fun. i think people are really understanding the effect a legendary has on the region."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 17:41:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]a soft laugh escapes at the thought. it quickly dies out as he continues.

the effect a legendary has on the region... they've witnessed the terrifying power of a god before. and maybe it's good his gym specializes in this sort of thing. maybe they'll be prepared, then.

"good," she murmurs. "they'll be more prepared when it happens again."

her mind drifts back to the meteor, to the threats hoenn faces. and somewhere in that line of thinking, sea hoenn makes a sudden appearance. her back crawls slightly beneath the memories.

she buries the sensation with a proud smile in his direction.

"you're doing a great job of ensuring people understand the threats they could face."

seed thread I

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
grace
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 23:01:37 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

her compliment spawns a small laugh from the gym-leader, physically waving it off. "you'd think so, but to be honest, i think people just really want to see how real the legendaries are in the challenge." not that he could blame them, of course. to test yourself against a myth — even an imaginary one — had excited even him.
[break][break]
"you should stop by," he says after a moment, considering, "would do some good to see one of the league's own head scientists putting in the effort." she wasn't the type to sit still, he knew, but whatever she'd gone through recently had shaken her. that much was clear. maybe to break her out of this spell she'd just have to stare down a god.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 0:46:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]it's solid reasoning. to test yourself against a legendary is, without a doubt, the highlight of a trainer's career. it's not surprising to see people flock to his gym for that sole purpose.

he's preparing trainers, whether people realize it or not. handing them the tools necessary to hold their own in the face of danger. it's admirable, incredible, even.

and maybe that's why she smiles a little wider, a little prouder.

it falters at his suggestion.

"oh, um," she flushes through the slight stammer. "i'm not really a fighter."

her skills lie elsewhere... in a lab or even a bed.

"although, it could be fun," she hums. there's things she needs to prepare herself for, after all... a face just like hers flashes in her mind's eye but it's wrong, watery, deadly. she shivers as it passes, rolling off scarred shoulders and fading from existence.

seed thread I

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
grace
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 1:24:20 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

her confession doesn't phase him. in-fact, his smile seems to soften more and become more understanding. "that's alright, not everyone is," not everyone's strengths were in fighting. some preferred to play more of a support type role, or maybe even something more defensive.
[break][break]
"i try to tailor the challenge to the individual, you know? not entirely of course — people need to be pushed out of their comfort zone — but i want someone's strengths to shine through." he was a bit of an oddity himself. the vast majority of his strategies were based around support, but he was ready at all times to go toe-to-mothefuckin-toe.
[break][break]
"but, no feel like you need too. and have already signed up, so we're not lacking for big names."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
grace
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 1:38:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"that makes sense," she murmurs.

he's polishing strengths instead of highlighting weaknesses. and perhaps she'd enjoy if he did that for her...

the chances of her challenging, however, are rather slim. she's no good unless there's a team, unless there's direction. he's seen her quick thinking, seen her chaotic movement in the heat of it all.

left unsupervised, illeana reyes becomes her own downfall.

"i'd be better in a defensive setting, maybe," she's going to ramble, she just knows it. and ramble she does.

"or from a supportive standpoint. it's -- i haven't really done much fighting on my own before." she's always had other league members to take the lead. and it's easier to keep people alive than herself. "i'm usually on assignments for medical purposes."

and to further her point, a hand reaches for his, pink wisps of mist lapping at his skin.

"the elite four are challenging your gym?" a smile rises. "that's good! that'll draw more challengers to you."

seed thread I