[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
THE MOVE YAWN MUST HIT & INFLICT[break]THE DROWSY STATUS ON ALL OF YOUR PKMN.[break][break]
PREVENT YOUR PKMN FROM FALLING ASLEEP[break] ON THE SECOND TURN OF YAWN.
[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE THIRD FLOOR. Here, a man and his Torkoal await you all. Oddly enough, this room seems hotter and more humid than the rest. All around on stands, pedestals, canvases and antiquities, Fire-type Pokemon are depicted. Slugma. Blaziken. Heatran. Moltres. The man welcomes everyone with a warm voice:[break][break]

"welcome to the third floor. i am farhan, the regent of the kindlers." He pats his Torkoal's shell and ushers him toward the field. "if you've come this far, you may be tired. however, scaling mt. chimney by foot is a harrowing ordeal. one must be alert at all times— for our volcano is an unpredictable, living force. endure a YAWN from my torkoal- but do not succumb to its effects."[break][break]

There is no inscription written in this room. However, paintings and carvings of a Moltres being birthed from Mt. Chimney's molten crater can be seen.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 19:36:31 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"No," He shook his head, "Do you?"

Unfortunately, their conversation was cut short by the bubbling of conversation between the other members of the party. Since Mint didn't direct the conversation his way, Felix only shrugged the answers off and began making his way up to the next room. But, before he could step more than 2 feet away, he paused, waited for , then continued forward.

This time a handsome man greeted them. He went off, shouting about Mt Chimney and the floor's objective. Felix merely shrugged, grabbed his flygon's ball from earlier, and released the dragon pokemon. The Buzzing pokemon let out a screeched, then immediately followed the swift instructions of his trainer by flapping his wings fast enough to create a series of blue sound waves. (UPROAR)

As that went on, Felix's eyes swept the walls of the floor, eventually falling on top of the painted murals. He softly nudged before pointing them out. "I wonder what it's leading to."
- FLYGON USES UPROAR
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 3:20:19 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Well I'm just curious Warren~" Mint said with a quick grin as he finished up their challenge for them. Mint returned his pokemon and clapped for the team as they moved forward to the next challenge.
"Guess I could be tired...if you or Warren were willing to carry me." he said with an easy laugh. "What do you kindlers do, then?" [break][break]

He followed Felix's cue easily enough, jogging over to swap out pokemon before releasing a wee little Vanillite. "Let's go Crema~" he said as the Vanillite, disturbed by the Flygon's UPROAR, began crying and broke into an UPROAR of his own.

[break][break]

+ lets fucking GOOOO @warren [break][break]
- holding AIR BALLOON [break]
- sends out CREMA the vanillite to use UPROAR [break]

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a4d6d1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 22:30:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]a warm smile rises when lingers, almost waiting for her. and when they wander up side by side, the next room greets them.

and her eyes widen slightly at the sight of the man it houses. her internal reaction:

she's distracted enough to only catch half of what he says at first. and by the time he mentions moltres, she's snapping back to attention enough to step up to swap pokemon. her eyes drift back toward the man, a silent question about stormy rising and falling as she idly taps buttons. a shy alcremie joins her side, hiding behind her legs as both felix and 's pokemon begin to cause an uproar.

her alcremie's presence means the ability it possesses, sweet veil, joins the battle to prevent sleep from falling after drowsiness.

she settles back next to felix. he nudges her side softly and she turns, head tilting. her eyes follow his line of sight and sure enough, the murals are leading to something. it's hard to tell what... and she settles on a soft, "i'm not quite sure, yet."

she knows of the story the murals tell, knows it almost too well. it's kept quiet, hidden behind a curiosity to see the next room.

"maybe there's more," she murmurs and her eyes retreat to watch the pokemon, @warren's choice close behind her own.

tl;dr:
- picks rawst berry
- sends out alcremie
- alcremie's ability, sweet veil, is activated

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 14:08:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As they delved further into the rooms, a man appeared before them, speaking about Mt. Chimney and sleepiness.

It was true. Everything they had done was tiring, and Warren, himself, was beginning to feel the effects of switching out and going deeper and deeper in this dungeon-like area.

He warned of a YAWN from his TORKOAL, which could set the team back if it wasn't avoided. So, Warren picked the SYLVEON, using its MISTY TERRAIN to negate the effects of the other Pokemon.

"I'm not carrying you. You have two feet. Keep using them," he offered Mint, walking forward with a low chuckle.

- SYLVEON used MISTY TERRAIN
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 23:43:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]ANCIENT RESPITE

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
CHOOSE TEAM NAME - SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU ASCEND TO THE NEXT FLOOR. There, a blond man strolls in with his serving cart. A Slurpuff dressed in similar chef's attire hops along too, its tongue lazily tipped over its bottom lip.[break][break]

"you made it this far? not like it's a big accomplishment. feel free to pick from the cart. trade out an item for another or relinquish them entirely. be my guest." He rubs his stiff shoulder, the hand dangling from that painful joint licked by his Pokémon.[break][break]

Should you have encountered him before, he feigns ignorance. He does not answer questions. Simply, he waits for you all to finish before directing you to the next floor. However, there is no rush. You may chat amongst yourselves as you and your Pokémon take rest.[break][break]

Like before, around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"For my own beloved is now gone from me,[break]
departed to a place I cannot reach.[break]
My old companions have left me behind,[break]
their faces faded into spaces seen by no eye."

SELECT ONE HELD ITEM:[break]
[break]

HELD ITEMS

A NEW MECHANIC FOR THIS EVENT

IN THIS ITERATION of the "tower challenge" style of events, held items have made an appearance. Your character can only HOLD 1 HELD ITEM AT A TIME. They may utilize the held item at any time on any of their Pokemon.[break][break]

Occasionally, there will be opportunities to switch the held item with another in between rounds. You do not need to select a held item nor use one.

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information about trading rules and more.
  • On this floor, have your characters converse with each other. You may post MULTIPLE times.
  • You are allowed to select ONE HELD ITEM from the list above. You may also opt out of choosing a held item. If you already possess a held item, you must trade it for another.

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 4:43:39 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Aww~ But we'd get to cuddle?" Mint offered, another tease despite the pink dusting his cheeks. He's quick to move up the floors grinning excitedly at whatever they had next. He offered a quick thank you before shaking his head. He wanted to keep his AIR BALLOON. It'd make a cute picture for Cacio.
[break][break]

He took a look around the room, settling by the new poem inscribed on the ground before turning to his new friends. "Hey! There's more!" he announced, pulling out his phone to take another photo of it for later.

[break][break]

- big chillin [break]

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 0:15:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she lets out an amused laugh at the banter between and @warren. it's cute. they're cute.

and after lingering in place for a moment, waiting for , she shuffles on to the next room.

they're greeted with a rest period. it feels like a small reward for making it this far, even if it's short-lived. and when presented with the option to swap items, she steps up to replace her rawst berry with the focus sash. somehow... she feels it may come in handy.

once the item is secured, she shifts away to glance at the newest inscription pointed out. her alcremie follows suit, sticky little hands shyly clinging to her legs.

the first half strikes a particular chord and she mulls it over in silence, ignoring the melancholy tune it sings.

tl;dr:
- swaps rawst berry for focus sash
- wanders over to look at the inscriptions

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 0:50:42 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix fell into the rhythm of Illeana's stride toward the next room.

The next room's objective was less daunting than the last: a simple decision of to swap, or not to swap.

Felix's decision? To keep what he already had.

Silently, his eyes follow the groups, all the way towards the newest addition to the poem.

- keeps heavy duty boots
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 2:55:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A door opened, and more items were placed in front of them. Warren looked them over, deciding whether or not he should trade out his current item for one of the new ones.

One of them caught his eye: the FOCUS SASH.

It seemed to have also caught 's eye as well, since they both took it and traded out their other item.

- swaps item for FOCUS SASH
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 6:13:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]05: BINDING

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
ESCAPE THE BINDING MOVE WITHOUT A GHOST-TYPE POKEMON.[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MOVE TO THE FIFTH FLOOR. Here, a Chef claps his tongs together, making them resound with tinny chiming. There are no Pokemon to be found on this floor.[break][break]

"i train my chefs in galar completely different to anyone in hoenn." He clacks his tongs together again. The sound is piercing. A nuisance. "my young chefs, when they come to the kitchen, the first thing they get is a blindfold. they get blindfolded and are asked to identify what they are tasting. if they can't identify it? they can't cook it. serve your pokemon to me, please."[break][break]

In a rather unorthodox way, he asks you all to send your Pokemon out. As soon as they are summoned, a GALARIAN STUNFISK attempts to SNAP TRAP them.[break][break]

"escape the binds of my stunfisk, or you will fail!"

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"The more we flourish, the more[break]
spotlit we are in the silence of space.[break]
And to our illumine peaks they soar, [break]
Heeded by the ascension they so chase."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 1:08:11 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"And they let you put stuff in their mouths? That's pretty trusting." Mint exclaimed at the chef. He half expected to be asked to take a blindfold as well but luckily it doesn't happen. He grinned grabbing his ole faithful, once again tossing out his Blastoise who yawned at being summoned once more. He looked a little surprised it was so quickly after the last time but none the less lumbered forward, allowing the Galarian Stunkfish to ensnare him. It clung to one of his legs despite him continuing to walk forward. [break][break]

"C'mon Shellshocker! Rapid Spin?" Mint coaxed, pulling the puppy eyes on his won pokmon. "For me?" he added, lip just about to tremble before the turtle pokemon groaned. Swiftly, faster than anyone watching would've thought possible for such a relaxed pokemon, The turtle hide its shell, water canons aiming for the floor as the unleashed a quicks spurt of water to kickstart the spinning, before gaining speed and finally throwing off the trap.

[break][break]

- Shellshocker the Blastoise used RAPID SPIN [break]

[break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,131 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 1:20:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]her head tilts at the thought proposes. "yeah... i don't know if i'd trust that." some random person putting random food in her mouth? no thank you.

she steps up to swap her alcremie for an equally shy pokemon. the little shiny sobble that joins her side cries upon entry, earning a coo of comfort and a kiss on the head from the scientist.

of course, it wails when the snap trap hits. the use of u turn is instantaneous.

and illeana welcomes the newly freed and crying sobble back with open arms, scooping it up and cradling it against her chest. while the sobble slowly begins to calm, she looks over the newest set of inscriptions. a mental note is made of the space theme and with it, a sticky note of possible creation mythology use.

tl;dr:
- focus sash
- crybaby sobble isn't having fun
- sobble uses u turn

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 15:36:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The chef was a very... interesting character. Warren shared a glance with and , wondering if the man was just chaotic or simply a psychopath. Maybe both.

Did he eat the Pokemon of his failed students? He wondered.

He sent forth ZOROARK, hunched over on two legs as the chef revealed his STUNFISK. A Galarian type, as well. However, it threatened to trap their Pokemon. Thinking quickly, Warren commanded in a low voice.

"U-TURN!"

The dark Pokemon swiveled, raising up out of the way before striking down on the binds that threaten to capture him.

"I bet he eats his students' Pokemon..." he voiced aloud.

- equipped with focus sash
- ZOROARK used U-TURN to avoid the binds
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
TIERED TEA ROOM #10
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 21:50:10 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix simply listened, as always, behind a cloak of apathy. It wasn't like he disliked the flow of conversation. He just didn't have many things to say, or add to it.

When he entered the following floor, he simply swapped his pokemon yet again. "Use rapid dash." He told the Wartortle, who obliged while wearing a toothy grin.

- Wartortle uses rapid spin
- durable boots held