1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 18:59:01 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan was often asked to perform gigs, he rarely did them, as they paid for an ass amount of money, and for the most part he was often too busy with either working as a trainer or burying his head in a pile of either books or cigarettes. But he felt the all too familiar itch tonight, his fingers wanted to drum against a guitar again.

Bar Kanto was a small dive bar in the night markets of Slateport that featured live performances. While he hadn't sung since Jen had left him, he felt good tonight, his fingers strummed the melody that he was feeling. When he finished, to appreciative applause, he gave a small wave, said thanks, and slipped back to the bar, seating himself and ordering a tequila.

⚰︎ --
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 16:52:49 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

This smell, she knew it well. And that wasn’t good. It did rouse her from the glass that she had been half resting her head on in a bit of a daze. Megan knew that she shouldn’t drink too much, so she hadn’t. But that didn’t mean that she would leave this bar early. Or timely, for that matter. No, she had simply drawn out finishing her mug for as long as possible, before slumping over the table. Today was a bad day. She had those. Where she felt no motivation to do anything, not even train. Bars helped with those days, but they could get expensive and dangerous, so usually, she lt those be.
[break][break]
Or, well, she cheapskated them, like she did today. It probably annoyed the bartender, but she was not going to come back here anyway. So, why bother? As long as he didn’t kick her out, that would be a non-issue. Plus, this place wasn’t full in the slightest anyway, so who cared? She certainly didn’t.
But that smell, she could not help but care. “Someone else smell burning?” She asked, no one in particular, but somewhat loud nonetheless. Who cared about how it looked anyway. But she didn’t like fires one bit, so she wanted to know, already looking around hazily, slowly sobering up.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 17:06:49 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan casually sipped his drink, for an indefinite amount of time. He didn't have too much money on him, so he nursed his gin and tonic with a level of care as he awaited the small pittance of pokedollars from his gig. Beside him sat a girl who seemed to be... asleep? He didn't pay too much mind for it, not wishing to disturb her rest.

It wasn't until she spoke up that he noticed something in the background. A faint smell of smoke, not from natural woods, nor was it the smell of the grill of food, but gasoline. That was all the time that they were given. Callan twisted aorund the bar, "Yeah." He replied, "Anyone else smell burning?" He yelled out, louder.

But too late, as the customers turned their attention towards him, a flash of light, and a loud thunderous explosion. His sight turned white, red, and then, the feeling of burning on his body. He rolled instinctively on the floor as flames caught onto his shirt. He couldn't see, as the redness in his eyes gave way to black and purple spots on his cornea, Callan grunted in pain. "Shit!" He growled pulling off his shirt as he rolled, forcing himself back up even though he was disoriented.

What he saw before him was a hellscape of fire. A wall had been blasted out on the other side, a massive explosion caused by black masked individuals, and the rolling away of a red and white orb. He looked around, instinctively seeking the girl that had been sitting beside him, to see what her condition was.

⚰︎ --

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 17:19:47 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ah, good, she wasn’t imagining things. Though, that did mean there was a problem, right? She was still a little bit beside herself and reacting sluggishly. But then there was a huge blast of light and fire. That got anyone to sober up in an instant. Or maybe that was just her? Not that it mattered. More important things were happening. So, naturally, her hand reflexively reached for her balls. One did develop reflexes like that when often sleeping in the wild on a journey. Though usually it was not fire, if she noticed something dangerous, that was her first impulse. Though the fire part did enter the equation momentarily after, for she forewent her first impulse to get out her Arcanine, and instead opted for one of the other balls. If there was fire, she needed water. Simple as that.
[break][break]
Hence, she quickly released her Swampert even before fully taking in the situation. Which was good, because Swampert swiftly doused the chair that she had thrown off of – and partially herself – in his muddy water. Which yes, would be annoying to clean off. But it was better than being burnt.
Still in a light daze, she then got off and behind Swampert, one arm raised to cover her mouth and nose with the sleeve of her shirt, as she’d been taught. Then, she looked around, trying to see whatever she could do. But this was a completely new situation, so she definitely did look a bit uncertain where to go, even though she did not seem completely lost at the same time.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 3:17:24 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The muddy water from the Swampert doused him in sludge, but he was grateful for it. His eyes moved to his guitar case, which was thankfully unopened so as to be safe from the filth. Callan's eyes moved around the room , the immediate fire had been put out, but there were likely to be people injured. Callan pulled out a ball from his belt, and released out Nora, his Audino.

"Everyone, out the entrance, now!" He yelled, to the remaining people inside. "Can you help the rest of the people exit the bar?" He asked his new trainer acquaintance. He didn't know who she was, but the fact she had a Swampert meant she was at least a little experienced in Pokemon training. "I'm going to help with first aid."

⚰︎ --

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 8:40:47 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Phew. This seemed to calm the situation down at least a little. Granted, she still kept a hand in front of her mouth to keep from inhaling too much of something bad. But at the same time, she inwardly exhaled somewhat, feeling like the most immediate danger was over. But not fully. Even she could tell that. Swampert had put out some of the flames, but she felt like there was more somewhere. It still felt too hot in there, though with the muddy water on her, she didn’t sweat as much as she usually would have had.
[break][break]
But she was still a bit frazzled. It took the other man to talk in her direction for her to realize that this was directed at her. “A-yes. I guess I can,” she replied, even though she did not feel very qualified to do anything better than others in here. Still, she did have Swampert clear out some more of the smoke with muddy water towards the exit. It was probably wasteful to use it that way, but she didn’t care about getting stuff dirty or the like. It was better than the people she somewhat gently shoved out getting smoke poisoning as they made their way towards the exit.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 3:20:12 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nodded towards the girl after she agreed, and moved outside, opening the door for a nearby couple. Outside, he could see the destruction that was wrought, someone had already called the ambulance and firefighters had been alerted, he could hear the sound of the sirens in the background.

Callan and Nora set out to work with helping the nearby people. "Nora, use Life Dew." The Audino drew a ball of energy in between its hands, a green sphere of light, emitting and growing in size, as it raised its hands and lifted the orb into the sky, whereupon it burst, sprinkling droplets of green, sparkling life energy into the nearby vicinity. ALmost immediiate, Callan felt the tar in his lungs disintegrate, the cuts and wound and bruises that he hadn't noticed due to adrenaline begin to heal from his body. While it wouldn't set any bones, it'd definitely help out with stabilizing the area.

He asked the nearby crowd. After a brief period of time, Callan peeked back into the bar to look for Megan. "Need any help?"

⚰︎ --

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 9:39:25 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Life Dew. She heard that and once more realized that she was kind of lacking in utility Pokemon and the like. Even now, the best she’d had to offer to douse a fire was a bit of dirty water that probably was just as problematic to inhale as the smoke. Her Hydreigon which was her powerhouse and ace in general, would not exactly have helped matters today at all. Something she decided to keep in mind.
[break][break]
But for now, she kept her mouth covered with one hand and helped the others move out with the other. There fortunately were not that many people around at this hour. The place had not been packed, though she still worried about missing anyone, even as fire-fighters appeared on the scene. Naturally, a few of them took over and ushered people out with her. The professionals were around now, which meant that she was allowed to leave, too, coughing up a fit. “If there is anyone left inside, they are probably incapacitated. Tried to get everyone else out,” she told these people in-between coughs, before walking away to the perimeter.
It wasn’t too long before that guy who’d taken charge appeared. “Nah, I am fine-ish. A bit sore of throat. You best ask the fire-fighters and docs. They can probably use the Audino at least.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 13:32:13 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Callan nodded at her reply, as she got out, dusty and ashed up from helping with the inside fire. "Thanks, you didn't have to but you did help out." He replied, as Nora, his Audino, took tentative steps towards the girl trainer in question. In its squeaking little voice, it raised a helping hand towards Megan, as a gentle, blue light ran over its fingertips and shone on Megan, before moving to her Swampert, using Heal Pulse to recover them from the ash and smoke from their bodies.

"Still, what a way to end the night huh?" Callan had played in this venue for many years, it looks like they'd have to wait a little more. But he was more interested as to why there was a bombing attack nearby, he was going to file it to the police at any rate. He smiled at the trainer, "See you around? Whatever's causing you to pass out in a bar, I hope it gets better for you."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 19:49:20 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

She just shrugged. To her, helping out in a situation like this was natural, if one could. Really, why would someone choose not to help others in such a predicament? Maybe she just lacked imagination in that regard. There certainly were callous people in this world, after all. But she never really understood them. “Well, if you ask me, someone had to. And since I could, why wouldn’t I? Must have been the same for you.” Megan was kind of simple in this regard. But she was also quite certain that she was not wrong in this.
[break][break]
She knew this just as well as that the light being shone upon her was helpful. That, too, was just a simple truth, so she leaned into it a little with a bit of a sigh, just letting it happen for the time being. “It certainly was tough, but at least all is under control. Could have been a lot worse, could have been better. Also, I definitely did not pass out. I was just getting a little sleepy is all.” Saying that, she leaned back a little and let out a full-bellied laugh, completely at odds with the situation. “Well, tough chance at getting some sleep anytime soon though. See ya around, stranger.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
disco infernum [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 5:13:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)