Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 19:09:17 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
A heavy thud shook the home of Gavin Merlino shortly after four-o’clock in the morning, the sounds of shuffling downstairs preceded the crash of breaking glass, enough to wake even the heaviest of sleepers. The scene that the Underboss would find wasn’t a pretty one, the charred form of Rowan Wrynn scraping together glass shards on the floor with his bare hands, skin blackened with ash and clothing burned to tatters. “Sorry…I was...trying to make a drink.” A bottle was opened on the counter, a drinking glass apparently having been knocked over when he collapsed.

“Do you…have a broom…?” His priorities would almost be amusing, if Rowan didn’t seem as though he was about to drop unconscious at a moment's notice. Drops of blood dripped onto the wooden floor from his glass-scraped hands, amber eyes fixating on the small pools for a moment before giving up on the fruitless endeavor with a shaky sigh. “D-damn it…”

Something had happened tonight.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 19:57:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Unbeknownst to Rowan, Gavin is awake the moment his brother's presence trips the sensor by the door. The notification that pings from his phone is quiet, but paranoia has made Rocket's underboss an incredibly light sleeper. He jolts awake with the familiar sound, perhaps disturbing with his sudden, jerky movements as he gets out of bed.

Amber eyes narrow at the time displayed in the corner of his phone.

Who at this hour?

Ordinarily, the tripping of the sensor was shortly followed by a knock, or the chime of the doorbell. Neither occur, and a glance at the doorbell camera shows an empty porch. It wouldn't be the first time the sensor was tripped by a wild Pokémon, startled and run off by the porch light turning on. Both of his siblings had keys, but it wasn't like to drop by unannounced, even if the hour wasn't strange due to the fact Darkrai's avatar required no sleep. He thinks Rowan would've called, if he wanted to come over, and likely dropped by some time during the day.

The dogs weren't barking, which was some small comfort. They were trained to—

CRASH!

Gavin forgets all about the dogs, then, rushing downstairs in a swirl of miasma.

He steps into the kitchen with gun drawn, finger on the trigger, and steps back in shock at the sight.

His mouth opens, then closes, and he puts the safety back on the gun before setting it on the counter and dragging a hand through sleep-mussed blond hair. He's wearing nothing but his boxers and covered in the evidence of last night's romp with his partner, but that seems irrelevant in comparison to whatever the fuck has befallen .

"Stop — touching the glass," he snaps, tone sharp with worry rather than annoyance. "Arceus, Rowan, what the hell happened to you?" He doesn't give time for an answer before insisting, "Sit down and stay there for a sec. I'll be right back."

The miasma that swirled around Gavin dissipates as he exits the room. He returns with a first aid kit.

"Gimme your hands. I'll get you a drink after; first, you're going to tell me what happened."

Should Rowan comply, Gavin would tend to Rowan's bleeding hands as he did.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 20:24:25 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Rowan scooted away from the glass at the command of Gavin, sliding across the floor and sitting against one of the kitchen cabinets, letting his head rest against the cool surface. Gavin disappeared momentarily, allowing him time to accurately recall the events of the evening, everything had been such a blur.

During this interlude, he must have lost consciousness momentarily, because when he opened his eyes again Gavin was already tending to the cuts on his hands. “Plates…” Was the first word he’d managed to get out, struggling with even that. Lungs and throat were hoarse from the flames and smoke, talking was more difficult than he imagined, but Rowan was determined to warn Gavin.

“Katherine…Fairburne…tried to kill me.” Rowan coughed slightly, using a hand to push himself into a more upright position. “Lured me into the Petalburg Woods and attacked with Giratina, to send a message.” Although he seemed perfectly fine at a glance, closer inspection of Rowan’s skin would reveal nearly healed burns over most of the surface, somehow absent of scarring. “Burned me alive…”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 20:50:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Plates?"

Gavin's brow creases as he echoes the word, dumbfounded. Sharp though he was, he doesn't make an immediate connection to those plates secured beneath the bowels of the earth during Adventours over a year ago. Perhaps if he'd had a moment longer to puzzle it out, but Rowan saves him the trouble by bringing up a name that sees Gavin's lips twist into a soundless snarl.

"That cunt," he growls. "A message? Who does she think—"

He stops himself with a sharp shake of his head. No, he knows who thinks she is. Untouchable, undefeatable, a goddess upon the earth. A damned fool, is what she was. She was mortal like the rest of them.

It had been 's task, set by Walsh himself, to bring their traitor to heel. But if Walsh or Serena or anyone else thought that Gavin was going to stand idle as the witch attacked his family—

Nostrils flare as he inhales, loud. His jaw works.

"Fuck sending a message, we'll gut the bitch." The miasma is back, filling his bright kitchen with purple-black fog, but this time it doesn't seem to be a conscious effort on Gavin's part. It doesn't swirl around him but spreads, curving around furniture. "If all she wanted was the plates, she could've worked with Rocket to get them. She's full of shit."

Ferocious as his tone was, his hands are gentle as they work, removing shards of glass with tweezers and binding up the worst lacerations to stem the flow of blood. At some point his Lucario joins the brothers, and drops of life dew shed upon the bandages hope to soothe and promote faster healing.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 0:45:47 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Limbs relaxed as the wounds were worked on, allowing the Underboss to vent their frustrations about the existence of Katherine, sentiments Rowan was beginning to commiserate with after tonight. “She needs to die.” He muttered, struggling to arrange his thoughts into a coherent sentence.

“What are they?” Rowan did his best to focus his attention on Gavin, struggling to see them through blurred vision. “The plates? If Katherine tried to kill me for them…I should at least know what they are.” Undisclosed information almost cost him his life, being in the dark wasn’t an option anymore.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 23:07:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Yes," Gavin agrees; she was a traitor to Rocket, and should meet a traitor's end. "Walsh gave that command to Serena, but it's open season on her now."

He'd been worried for his protégé but knew better than to intervene. If she wanted to be a Beast, if she wanted the power she so lusted after, she was going to have to be strong enough to face threats such as Fairburne. But this had crossed a line.

"Oh." Sometimes he forgets that his brother hadn't been in Hoenn during the Adventours, and might have only heard of the explosion at the Church of Arceus through mild gossip later on. "Hold up, I'll get mine."

He disappears for a while, heading down into the hidden basement. When he returns, it's with a restored IRON PLATE contained within a heavy frame. Small fractures are visible where the segments had been carefully pieced together, and the inscription can be clearly read.

THREE BEINGS WERE BORN...

"We found them below the earth, during some sponsored dig called the Adventours. This isn't the only one, but it's the only one I have. Found it with Priam, Marcel, and Dominic; they entrusted their parts to me."

And, like the paranoid individual he was, he'd locked it up after the events at the Church.

"I don't know what she wants with them, but she lost her chance at getting this one when she betrayed us."

He sets it on the table, moonlight glancing off iron.

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 12:45:09 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
Amber eyes fixated on the object that had been set before him, unable to muster the strength to physically examine the metal plate. “This is what she is after?” Didn’t seem much more than a hunk of iron to Rowan, but there were many things he didn’t know about this world and others. There must have been something of value to be gained from this object if someone would turn traitor and murder in order to obtain it, right?

An inscription on the plate caught his attention momentarily, though he didn’t know of the significance. Things like this usually referred to legends, and if he knew anything from speaking with there tended to be vague mentions to them all over relics, some of them more nonsensical than others.

“You don’t know what she is going to do with them, but do you know what it can do?” Rowan assumed not, since Gavin hadn’t made use of it, or so it seemed.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
BURNED [C]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 16:02:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Apparently."

Gavin grimaces. It bothers him that he doesn't know what she wants with the plates. It seemed that ever since they'd found out about them, she'd been on her mad quest to obtain them no matter the cost. But why? What did she know that others didn't?

"She went on a tour herself," he recalls; many of those in possession of plates had gathered in the Church of Arceus to puzzle over their meaning. Unfortunate that nothing had been gleaned. "Maybe we ought to reach out to the others that were there, try and figure out what they saw. They may have more information than the rest of us."

He makes a mental note to look more into the tours, to see if there were any records. Perhaps could find a way to dig them up, if there were.

"Unfortunately not." There's a bitterness in his tone. "She never spoke to me about them, nor did anyone else."