Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Bark of the Moon (Mission)
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 0:18:25 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Under the cover of Daisuke Hayashi, Thomas would take a job to deal with a pack of Mightyena terrorizing Oldale Town. A simple job of him dispatching them, followed by a catch and release. Under normal circumstances, he'd elect to take them to Duvet Ranch. But from what he heard, this was a particularly vicious pack of Mightyena, and would no doubt cause trouble for the more passive Pokemon living on the grounds.

The dark-haired man silently watched the area for any signs of the canines. Of course, he wasn't alone in this endeavor. A woman had also taken on the job, Rita Garnet. Her name was familiar, as the CEO who turned around a failing company in Black City. The fact that she was willing to get her hands dirty piqued his interest.

He was gonna see how she fared.

tags:
notes: Mission - Hounds of Oldale

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
CEO of Vanguard/Architect
Civilian
Pressure makes diamonds, honey.
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 12:51:39 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

[attr="class","llppromised"]
[attr="class","llppromised1"]

[attr="class","llppromised2"]

[attr="class","llppromisedicon"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle"]i sharpen under pressure

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]the hounds of oldale

[attr="class","llppromisedblurb"]

Man, Hoenn was a riot. Everywhere you looked there was another new disaster rearing its head, like some kind of bizarre, modern-day hydra. And now, wolves were prowling some poor little sleepy town at night? Life is stranger than fiction, I guess, Rita thought with a shrug as she rode through the empty streets of Oldale on her sleek, shiny motorbike.[break][break]

Not her favorite baby, not by a long shot (that title was reserved for her convertibles), but the cruiser was one of her favorites nonetheless. Good speed, not too bad to handle, and easy to hop on and off for quick tasks like this one. Rita revved the engine and smiled to herself as the noise attracted the territorial Mightyena to her, like moths to flame.[break][break]

They'd have to round them up one way or another, her and her partner for today, so why not bring the party to him?[break][break]

"Sorry I'm late," Rita called, braking to a stop before she disembarked. She pulled off her helmet and shook out her long brunette hair, grinning as she jerked a thumb to the wolves following her in hot pursuit. "Brought some company. Thought I'd make a party out of it."[break][break]

What was his name again. Uh... Daisuke? Maybe he was from Johto. It sounded like a Johto name.[break][break]

"Name's Rita," she said, extending a hand to him that, unbeknownst to her, was plainly coated in a thin film of grease. "Ready to get this pest control started?"

[attr="class","llppromisedtag"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Poppins:300,400,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700,800]

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedblurb]text-transform:none;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag span]flex-grow:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.NAME .llppromised]--promisedAccent:#e6177a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 6:38:15 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

So much for subtlety.

His partner would signal her arrival with the revving of her motorcycle engine. Thomas read the writing on the wall, and immediately sent out his Scizor, Galvantula, and Pangoro. As the woman arrived, he'd take her up on her handshake, not at all bothered by the greasiness of her hand. It was clear that she was doing work before her arrival.

"My name's Daisuke.", he'd introduce himself.

"Ready as I'll ever be.", he half-joked, before grabbing another Pokeball, this time throwing it off towards one of the rooftops. From the Pokeball came Colt the Clawitzer. Honing in on the barks and howls of the Mightyena, the Clawitzer turned and began to take aim. Meanwhile, Thread would go his own way, using the buildings to break line of sight, before climbing up to a vantage point of his own.

Ripper and Brutus immediately took their fighting stances, ready for the oncoming horde of Mightyena coming their way.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
Civilian
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 10:40:25 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

Rita Garnet had never been subtle a damn day in her life, and she wasn't about to start now.[break][break]

As summoned his entire team of Pokemon in one go, Rita flashed him a smile. "Quick to take action, huh?" she said approvingly. "You look like someone who's good to have in a crisis, Daisuke."[break][break]

In contrast, she'd only thrown two Pokeballs to start -- Butch, her Blaziken, and Houston, her Onix. "Let's get ready, boys," she said, and the Fighting-type prepared to BULK UP while the Ground-type began to HARDEN in answer.[break][break]

Rita had picked this road for a reason -- it was narrow, and the surrounding dead-end alleys weren't near anything residential or of commercial value. If anything, these few empty areas were glorified empty parking spots, dumpster locations, and broken vending machines. The enforced curfew kept them quiet. Which made her feel quite comfortable doing what she did next.[break][break]

"Houston!" Rita whistled loudly, drawing her Onix's attention to the two alleys where the road diverged. "ROCK SLIDE, there and there, darlin'."[break][break]

The two exits blocked off, leaving just one limited road forward: leading straight to them.[break][break]

"I figure only a few can get in at a time," she said, turning to Daisuke. "We can knock 'em out one by one. You want to do the first honors, or shall I?"[break][break]

The hounds had begun to crest over the hill, now drawing close enough to draw fire.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 17:51:19 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I had some training.", he remarked, quickly attempting to handwave away his process, despite being just a nameless amateur.

Ripper would harden his body with Iron Defense. Meanwhile, Brutus would take the opportunity to Bulk Up before getting into a melee with a pack of Mightyena.

Bottlenecking, eh? He liked this lady's thinking. Made it much easier to manage the horde, not that they'd be a problem for his Pokemon. Still, every advantage counted, and he wasn't about to look a gift Horsea in the mouth.

"As long as the job's done, I'm not gonna sweat it.", he would tell her.

His Clawitzer wasted no time in firing off towards the Mightyena in the rear of the pack, picking them off like a cold, precise sniper. Meanwhile, those that closed into melee range would be greeted by Brutus and Ripper, the Pangoro slugging one of the canines with a powerful Drain Punch. Ripper would expertly grab a Mightyena by the throat with his pincer as it lunged towards him, taking it out by clamping down on the creature violently in a mock, yet deadly Bug Bite with his pincer, before tossing it aside like a ragdoll.

Perhaps in the heat of battle, she might pick up on the fact that his Pokemon were acting without verbal commands.

tags:

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
Civilian
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 22:51:54 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

It was always a treat to see someone whose Pokemon worked efficiently, even without verbal command. Showed a sense of trust between the trainer and their team.[break][break]

"Let's join in, fellas," Rita said, whistling again as her Blaziken and Onix surged forward. Butch raised his legs up to strike the hounds with DOUBLE KICK, striking them in the jaw as the dogs howled in anger. Her Onix, meanwhile, burrowed into the ground with DIG to catch the Mightyena on the outskirts by surprise as he burst from the earth to swallow the hounds whole.[break][break]

It was chaotic, a mess of warfare from all angles -- but was handling it admirably beside her, the two of them managing to keep the steady trickle of Dark-type Pokemon from overwhelming them.[break][break]

Rita laughed, openly enjoying herself as the hoard of Mightyena began to thin. "I have to say, Daisuke, Hoenn might be the most interesting place I've ever lived. You always have adventures like this?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 0:34:05 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Ripper and Brutus would continue to push up through the horde of Mightyena. Thanks to the Rock Slide bottleneck set up by Rita, the numbers were more than manageable for the duo. On top of that, the sniper support from both the Clawitzer and Galvantula aided them further. Thanks to their vantage points, they were able to attack the hounds on the other side of the wall.

Clawitzer would continue to hammer his targets with Water Pulses and Aura Spheres. Meanwhile, Thread would wait for some to group up, before ensnaring them in an Electroweb. He would then blast his ensnared victims with a Bug Buzz to finish them off.

Ripper and Thread were able to close the distance on their targets thanks to their enhanced Bullet Punches. Brutus' Iron Fist allowed him to strike them more effectively. Meanwhile, Ripper's Technician, his mastery of quick and 'weaker' blows, allowed him to pulverize his opponents.

"I've only really set out recently. But it's never a dull day.", he'd reply to her. "In truth, the last few years in this Region have been nothing short of an insane shitshow. And it doesn't look like it's letting up anytime soon.", he'd continue, a grin on his face.

tags:

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
Civilian
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 20:34:20 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

As described life in Hoenn, Rita grinned widely, delighted at his frank candor. "Hah! Insane shitshow, huh? I sure picked the time to move here, didn't I?"[break][break]

Not to be outdone by her partner's efforts, her Blaziken and Onix redoubled their offensive, the former assisting in a flurry of kicks while the latter continued to hurl stones and gravel at the Mightyena pack. Dodging with agile finesse, they were able to make up for their lesser numbers with well-timed evasive maneuvers, working in sync with the full party that Daisuke had brought forth.[break][break]

It would have been an impossible task alone, Rita knew. Daisuke's Pokemon, fortunately, seemed more than well suited to the corralling of the lupine pack, ripping through them with a wide assortment of moves and techniques.[break][break]

"You ever think about moving out, or do you like the chaos?" she asked, an eyebrow raised.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 5:58:42 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the fight went on, Ripper and Brutus would take notice to the Blaziken and Onix assisting them in containing the pack of hounds. Upon realizing that they were fighting a losing battle, the few remaining Mighyena fled the area. Ripper would grin, and give the two a nod of approval. Brutus would give them a thumbs up to convey approval for their help.

"This is my home. I plan on defending it. Whether from Rocket, or any other weird threat that comes at us.", he'd tell her. Though Daisuke Hayashi was a false identity, his words were true. Hoenn was now his home, and he would not let the Region fall.

With the dust settled, Daisuke would begin to contain the unconscious Mightyena, in order to turn them over to the Rangers.

tags:

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Riri, Garnet, Ma'am
She/Her/Ma'am
October 5
Black City, UNOVA
Easy Breezy
Civilian
awards
15 posts
Rita Garnet DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rita
Rita Garnet
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 21:58:15 GMT
Rita Garnet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","NAME"]

"Yeah? I respect that."[break][break]

There were a lot of yellow-bellied cowards out there, in Unova and Hoenn both, Rita figured. People who turned and ran at the first sight of trouble, tail between their legs. Sort of like the Mightyena before them were doing now, besieged by the combined might of her and Daisuke's Pokemon.[break][break]

"I don't like giving up much, either. Something about it rankles. Always has. If something's worth having, it's worth fighting for, ain't it?" She shrugged leisurely, watching as dawn broke over the horizon to reveal the few remain members of the pack had fled the streets with a whimpering, plaintive howl.[break][break]

She stretched and let out a yawn, walking back to her motorcycle. "If you needed a ride back into town, I'd be happy to give you a lift," she said, grinning as she patted the seat with a wink. "Though something tells me you're planning to get home just fine without me."[break][break]

If nothing else, the man had proven himself more than capable of acting alone. He sure as shit didn't need her to get home safely.[break][break]

"Thanks again for the help, Daisuke. See you around."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:44:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: