rabbit

Oyabun
she/her, he/him (business)
August 1
Johto
queer
security consultant
grunt
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yoshiro
yoshiro shioda
never tell me the odds [maze]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 0:54:31 GMT
yoshiro shioda Avatar
It seemed a strange way to pass the afternoon, but Anzu was insistent, as she was wont to be. The little Cutiefly drifted and bumbled through the air, occasionally doing a circuit of Yoshiro's head, or alighting upon the yakuza's person to perch for a time. But there was a certain excitement, a certain desire to leave the walk and head toward the impressive maze in the distance, and she was not adverse to indulging her Pokémon when able.

What struck her first was the drop in temperature, the way that the hedges rose high enough to bathe portions of the maze in shadow. The scent of greenery on the air, of good, dark earth, of something softly floral as the Cutiefly flitted from bloom to bloom, collecting sips of nectar as she went.

"Don't wander far, Anzu," Yoshiro mused in contemplation, in no hurry as they came to the first fork in the path. Surprisingly, she wasn't not enjoying herself. It reminded her of an escape room the team had done in Johto once, though without Botan having a panic attack due to claustrophobia and throwing up in the lockbox. If it weren't for the fact that it was 's grounds, or that Anzu herself was a touch sensitive to it, she might have lit a cigarette.

But no. Not here.

"Well?" Yoshiro inquired as the Cutiefly drifted back, making an impromptu stop on the tip of her nose and nearly missing the landing. Scrunching her nose faintly at the feel of numerous, tiny taps to it as the Cutiefly looked first he one way and then the other, then rubbed its wings together excitedly, Yoshiro teased with a genuine affection, "You decide. If you choose right, perhaps we can stop at Fiorelli's on our way back and pick out a flower for you, whichever sort you like."

At the mention of a flower, the Cutiefly seems all but beside itself with excitement, inching further up her nose to implore her with wide, dark eyes. It seems to fret impossibly over the outcome in so much as the little insect can, before finally taking wing, leading the intrepid duo off on the path to the right.

jfRnSgZg

+ Path to the Right
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 17:21:32 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

THE FIRST CHECKPOINT

As you approach, the Roselia peers at the Cutiefly with a faint tinge of wariness, before relaxing. As if to say, 'yes, you are worthy company.'

Regardless, the Roselia guarding this first of many choices nods, bowing as she steps aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the first checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go RIGHT.[break]

THE PATH LESS TRAVELED BY

As you advance deeper into the maze, flowers of every hue blossom and unfurl around you, as if celebrating your passage deeper into the leafy foliage. Sunlight spills forth through the crevices of leaves and branches, at last revealing a Lilligant who stands before you.

She elegantly curtseys with a smile, as if she has been long awaiting your presence. In her leafy hands, she holds a boxed gift:
[break]
Pokeballs
FIVE POKEBALLS. You have PASSED the first checkpoint!

Behind her another choice awaits you: a winding, looping path to the left, and a narrow and snaking path to the right.

Which path shall you take, ?

close tab

played by

rabbit

Oyabun
she/her, he/him (business)
August 1
Johto
queer
security consultant
grunt
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yoshiro
yoshiro shioda
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 3:22:57 GMT
yoshiro shioda Avatar
With a delighted figure eight, the first loop around the Roselia, and the second around Yoshiro, whose shoulder she soon alights upon, the little Cutiefly rubs its gossamer wings together, shedding little silver flecks upon the yakuza's collar. A faint sound of amusement escapes Yoshiro by contrast, clearly in high spirits as they make their way up to the Lilligant.

A polite, if entirely formal bow offered to the flower pokemon, Yoshiro accepts the box graciously before praising her companion. "That's at least one flower, Anzu. Do you think you can earn another?"

Plodding from near the woman's collar to the edge of her shoulder, Anzu lifts one spindly leg to a fuzzy crown, peering first in one direction and then the other before hopping definitively to the left, a bit too far it seems, as she nearly plummets only to be caught in Yoshiro's palm.

"Left it is, then," Yoshiro affirms with a nod, apparently entertained by the insect's antics as they move down the looping path to the left.

nzEXZk25
+ Path to the Left
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 20:32:43 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

THE SECOND CHECKPOINT

Your Cutiefly earns a giggle from the Lilligant, amused by its antics.

Smiling, the Lilligant that guards this second checkpoint bobs her head in silent understanding, stepping aside to let you enter your chosen path. The other closes abruptly in a curtain of moss and vines at the Pokemon's behest, unable to be retread.

Your choice at the second checkpoint is decided; your path is set.

You go LEFT.[break]

OUT OF THE WOODS

You follow the long and winding path of the maze, eyes scanning for the next possible glimpse of the promised checkpoint ahead. The flowers, however, seem to furl up and diminish in your shadow; it occurs to you, after some time of endless wandering and meandering, that your path only goes one way.

Out.

The radiant smile of a Bellossom greets you, dancing over to you with a consolation gift in her hands. Next to her, the figure of her trainer, , gives a small, sympathetic smile. "You got further than most, and your reward should reflect that," she says, gesturing for you to open the proffered box.

[break]

HAS COMPLETED THE MAZE CHALLENGE!

[break][break]
You have EXITED the maze and are eligible for the following prizes when this thread closes: [break]
50 PD[break]
FIVE POKEBALLS