part of
TAG WITH @calvin
calvin brenner
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 18:49:16 GMT
calvin brenner Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxblCAL"]

Calvin had never seen so many Tirtouga in his entire life. Granted, that wasn't much of a feat— The family farm had not been beachside, and so the only way he'd have seen a Tirtouga would be if a visitor had obtained one... And they had never had many visitors for longer than a fleeting moment. Certainly not long enough for him to have taken a peek at anybody's Pokemon. He can't help but feel wonder as he watches the baby turtle Pokemon climb from their sand-filled nests, making the march towards the crashing waves, where they'd hopefully find themselves a home— Or did they migrate? He didn't know, but he wished the best for the little critters all the same.

[break][break]...Which wasn't going to happen if the Wingull didn't clear up, he is quick to realize. There's a sense of unease that gathers in the pit of his stomach like a ball of lead when he watches the flying Pokemon circle menacingly. Which reminds him that he's here on an actual assignment, which he is super excited about! Any Ranger work is pleasant enough for him!

[break][break]...Right. His assignment. He shakes off the excited nerves, and reaches for his belt, procuring a Pokeball. "C'mon, then!" He says, and with a flash, Cupcake is at his side, her gentle paws barely sinking into the sand of the pristine beach. Man, there were a ton of Wingull around... Would he be able to take this on by himself?

+ open!
[break]+ mission: heroes on a half-shell

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxblCAL]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxblCAL b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 19:09:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle had been on lilycove for league business. while slateport had originally been 'the' city of hoenn, many main buildings have moved to lilycove instead after the initial invasion three years ago.

he eventually finds a break from the hustle and bustle of his responsibilities. while most would call it shirking work, kyle would have preferred it as recharging. surely, there were cultures out there that rewards workers when they take the leisurely path.

the beach had been his destination, with an entire party of mightyena frolicking in the sand alongside him by the shore. his long sleeves were rolled all the way up to his elbows and his pants folded up to his knees. as he carries his shoes on one hand, his eyes carry his attention to one wingull to a person and his sylveon.

"oh, hey, are you digging for shells?" kyle asks, ever curious. some people have it as a hobby, he supposed. "my pokemon usually finds them on the other side of the beach. they-"

the noise picks up on the background as all six of his pokemon start barking incessantly. they have apparently found a wingull that swoops in on them entertaining, as they all waited their turns attempting to lunge at the flock flying-types.

"shut up!"

close tab

played by

harvest

cal
he/they
twenty
july 13
oldale
bisexual
trainee ranger
cadet
born to gaze into night skies
awards
31 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calvin
calvin brenner
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 23:04:44 GMT
calvin brenner Avatar
[nospaces]

Viridian eyes shift from the circling Wingull, landing on the Hoennian champion. Digging for shells? He wasn't, he had a job to do, but that does sound kind of fun, honestly... Maybe when he's done here, he should have Cupcake help him dig around for some! This is his first time on the beach after all, so maybe it would be a good souvenir! He can already guess that Cupcake wouldn't be super keen on the idea, though. The fairy-type could be a bit ginger with her appearances, which was something he had realized quickly after catching her... He blinks, shocked out of his thinking by the chorus of barks and yips coming from the pack of Mightyena. They were cute— He had always liked Mightyena— If not super noisy.

[break][break]"The Wingull are crazy out today!" He calls, making himself loud so he could be heard over the barking, stepping closer to Kyle, his Sylveon following along. "It's 'cause of all the little baby Tirtouga, y'see? Look," He raises a hand to point to where the water-types continue to pull themselves out of the safety of the sand in their effort to reach the ocean. "I'm, uh, supposed to be watchin' over 'em, makin' sure the Wingull don't eat 'em. First Ranger assignment on my own!" There's a bit of pride in his voice, even if he hasn't actually done much as of yet other than show up on the beach.

[break][break]"The Wingull seem more interested in your Mightyena right now, though!" He remarks, amused as he watches the dark-types snap at the flying Pokemon.

[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxblCAL .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 19:41:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"wait, it's baby season already?"

kyle never noticed, considering the work he's been thrown at. he approaches the new ranger, shooing his pokemon to go play somewhere else before he does.

while the mightyena on the background doesn't seem to take notice of kyle, they still do wander about elsewhere near, bringing along with them the flock of wingull.

"good. let those birds tire them out." there's a vindictive tone when he refers to his pokemon, entirely out of jest, before his voice turns back to normal.

"and really? rangering at this time? that's neat." he crouches down to see the eggs, talking to calvin without maintaining eye contact. "are you one of those thrill-seekers who joined rangers for a front row seat of the weird things happening on hoenn or those that 'serve and protect' kind of people?"

it wasn't a safe occupation to have nowadays, after all.

close tab

played by

harvest

cal
he/they
twenty
july 13
oldale
bisexual
trainee ranger
cadet
awards
31 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calvin
calvin brenner
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 18:30:58 GMT
calvin brenner Avatar
[nospaces]

Kyle's question gives him pause. Frankly, he's not entirely sure how to answer that— He had never given the status of Ranger much thought other than a drive to help Pokemon and people alike... Which definitely fit into the latter of the question, but he couldn't deny the thrill of adventure, of being able to see the region of Hoenn with his own two eyes, experience everything it has to offer. Granted, he has yet to actually be thrown into the thick of it, so he's naive in that aspect. It wasn't like his parents had made him privy to the finer details of the world outside the family farm other than snippets and hushed musings, so outside of knowing what came with the job, he wasn't actually all that sure of the danger that surrounded the occupation.

[break][break]"Um... Both...?" He answers hesitantly when the silence has stretched on long enough during his pondering, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "I like Pokemon... but I don't have much of an eye for battlin', so I don't think I'd, um, have much of a chance as a trainer. And I like helpin' people! Um, and I like the traveling part of bein' a Ranger. Is there really a ton of weird stuff goin' on? I was kind of kept in the dark for most of my life, sooo..." He trails off. Suddenly, he feels a little small. Childish. He had jumped into an occupation that he didn't actually know all too much about.

[break][break]Calvin clears his throat. "Well! I'm gonna be tryin' my hardest, no matter what!" He declares, mostly to himself, his words more muted, almost underneath his breath. He then tilts his head quizzically. "What do you do? I feel like you're familiar somehow...?" He was an isolated farm boy. Sue him for not being up to speed.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 19:37:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm in the public safety sector too. you've probably seen my face here and there dealing with these, uh, anomalies around hoenn, maybe."

not one to talk much about himself, kyle downplays his title and goes for the most generalized description of what he actually does. the business attire does suggests otherwise, however.

still, he chuckles awkwardly, mostly directed to his own self.

"well, if you're unaware of the weird stuff, then probably not."

he turns his head back to his mightyena, who have been turning the act of getting the wingull's attention and basically playing with them into a game. the question made him feel awkward about himself, and keeping eye contact away seemed to help with his anxiousness.

"well, it's, like, the calm before the storm. you know, like how games have this lull in between events? something exciting's probably going to happen sooner or later, so you'll probably get the answer on whether weird stuff's actually going to happen or not."

he looks back at calvin afterwards, finally recovering form the fit of awkward embarrassment he had from asking such a cliche, and serious question.

"you can call me kyle. name?"

close tab

played by

harvest

cal
he/they
twenty
july 13
oldale
bisexual
trainee ranger
cadet
awards
31 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calvin
calvin brenner
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 20:18:39 GMT
calvin brenner Avatar
[nospaces]

Despite Kyle being adorned in clothes meant for business, Calvin takes the man's explanation of where he might know him at face value, not ever one to poke and prod. After all, it made sense to him. Instead, he glances back at the Mightyena as well, watching them coax the wild Wingull into playing with them... Or so it looked like, anyways. At least the dark-type Pokemon seemed happy. He looks back at the now suddenly bashful Kyle, listening to him explain what was going on with the "weird stuff on Hoenn".

[break][break]The calm before the storm... The article about the dead trainer and her dead Pokemon pops into his head, though he's not sure that's exactly what Kyle means when he says weird stuff, even if that seemed pretty damn weird to him. He fiddles with the draw string of his jacket, mulling the information given to him in his mind. "Huh..." He says, then tacks on, "Well, hopefully it's a good excitin'. The only things I've seen on the news lately have been..." He trails off again, though he's assuming that the other man would be versed himself in the goings-on on the news, if he was truly a public safety worker. It leaves an unpleasant taste in his mouth, and he direly hopes something like what happened didn't become some sort of pattern.

[break][break]He blinks a bit, then goes a bit red with embarrassment. Man, he hadn't even offered his name yet! He hopes he doesn't come across as rude. "Calvin! Calvin Brenner," He says. "You can shorten it to Cal, though, if y'like." He watches another Wingull swoop down towards the baby Tirtouga, which have now started being able to reach the water, and then watches as Cupcake hits it away with a well-timed Fairy Wind. "Oh, they're startin' to reach the water."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 20:26:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
neither wanted to continue calvin's incomplete statement. there wasn't a need to finish it since they both know how it ends.

their attention is shifted to the baby tirtouga, getting kyle's mind off from the current events that plague his daily life. he's drawn to it with awe, unable to stop himself from smiling.

the wingull remains persistent though as his mightyena have moved on from the birds and continued to play with themselves. he feels a vibration on his pocket as he watches his pokemon, though he ignores it and instead turns back to calvin.

"ooh, do you want to see a shortcut on getting these birds off?"

close tab

played by

harvest

cal
he/they
twenty
july 13
oldale
bisexual
trainee ranger
cadet
awards
31 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calvin
calvin brenner
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2022 17:02:09 GMT
calvin brenner Avatar
[nospaces]

As the conversation between the two dies down, Calvin begins to get lost in the ocean breeze, mind drifting, though he still keeps a careful eye on the ravenous Wingull, which the group of Mightyena have grown bored of. He can't blame them— Even his own dutiful Sylveon has started to shift her attention, her paws digging into the sand beneath her as she stares at the crashing waves. He leans down to give the top of her head a little scritch as a reminder of their job, but truthfully, his mind is still fixated on what dangers and anomalies Hoenn could be holding. Outside of the usual dangers, at least. He's had some close encounters with some pissy Pokemon since he's left Oldale, but he knows that Kyle's not taking about that.

[break][break]He's jolted out of his internal musing by the older man's question, and he can't help but perk up with curiosity. "Yes," He says, perhaps a bit more enthusiastically than the question calls for, but he can't help the sense of wonder. A shortcut? How? Maybe Kyle was hiding some other Pokemon than the Mightyena, though he could've sworn there were six of them... "Show me— Er, please." Can't forget his manners, of course.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 18:11:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
fingers pinch the inside of his mouth as kyle readies a whistle. it stops the mightyena from playing around the beach, but more importantly, it gets a louder roar as a response.

the wingull all disperse from the sound as kyle recalls each of his pokemon back to their balls one after the other. a rare pokemon leaps from outside their vision, landing somewhere near kyle, but not on top of the baby tirtouga.

"intimidation," he casually remarks, smiling casually as if it was a effectively humorous quip.

the entei gives calvin a stare, eyes remaining on him as kyle hops on its back.

"nice to meet you and all, but they're, uh, calling me back there. see you next time, then."

with the final farewell, the entei takes another big leap, leaving behind a shockwave on its wake, scattering sand away from its previous point.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lifespan [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 0:38:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: