3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eggscellent Delivery [o|ee]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 20:26:53 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

This must be a real special batch of eggs to personally request one of The League’s Head Professor to see it through Petalburg Woods to Rustboro City. Hoenstly, Eva was more than happy to help out. Getting out of the office and into the fresh air was something she longed for every minute she sat cooped up under the fluorescent lights of the lab.

[break][break]

“It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?” she muses out loud, closing her eyes and letting the warm sun kiss her skin. The walk is slower thanks to the cargo. Her FLAME BODY Magmortar seems to be doing ok with the basket pressed close to her chest. The warmth helps the eggs stay healthy during transport. Hopefully it doesn’t cause any premature hatching!

[break][break]

“What do you suppose is so important about this batch?” she asks her partner, glancing back and them with a raised brow.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+ @open

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 20:34:05 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
x
-
@
Science had never been his interest.

[break][break] That had been his father's passion, his brother's skill, and mentor's profession. It was his inheritance. Yet, ironically, somehow he had been a part of it his entire life. He's grown up in laboratories as much as he had in stuffy offices, as much as he'd in tight formal suits that he had been forced to be accustomed to. It had not taken to him like it had other things that his father had taught him.

[break][break] Yet if there was one thing that he could admire from it all, it was the pokemon.

[break][break] Jayden had a soft spot for them, even if he may not always openly admit it.

[break][break] The pharmaceutical company heir strolled through Petalberg Woods just behind the famous head professor . Instead of a cart of eggs, his Noctowl was carrying a batch of them in a large bag and flying just beside them. He had volunteered his time for it — or rather, someone had found him and bullied him into the endeavor. Yet, Jayden strangely found he didn't mind.

[break][break] "There's a nice breeze in the air," he agrees, then blinks at her question. He pauses, then looks down at the eggs on hand. Jayden isn't a breeder — he's not too familiar with them.

[break][break] His head tilts. "Maybe they belong to someone rich or famous?"

[attr="class","line"]
[attr="class","ooctxt"]+ egg time fun time

[newclass=".jayden1"]--accent:#8548cf; /newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1"]border-radius:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 a"]letter-spacing:1px; font-family:'Roboto';color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 b"]color:var(--accent)!important; font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 .line"]background-color:#232323;height:1px;margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 .ooctxt"]font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 22:02:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Someone rich and important, huh? Maybe. That’s a lot of eggs for just one person. If it was for research, someone would have told her . . . probably. Who knows, she’s not privy to all of the private research going on in Hoenn.

[break][break]

“Maybe,” she shrugs her shoulders, secretly hoping for something more interesting than that. They lumber along at a slow pace to let the Magmortar move comfortably and not spill its precious cargo, “I don’t think I go your name, by the way,” the man looks familiar but she can’t quite place her finger on it. With slightly narrowed eyes she peers at her partner, trying o place him. Star tournament, maybe? No, maybe he just had a recognizable face, "I'm Eva!" she smiles, assuming he doesn't recognize her right away as on of The League's Head Professors.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 22:21:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
x
-
@
The beating of wings is slow and methodic, and alongside the heat from the nearby Magmortar, it is a comforting reprieve from his thoughts.

[break][break] His smile is polite and professional. "Nice to meet you, Eva. I'm Michail Volkov."

[break][break] 'Eva...' The name rings a bell, but he isn't sure quite what. Only —

[break][break] The boy blinks with surprise. "Dr. Morales?" In his research that he had done before returning to Hoenn, he vaguely remembers an article about a Dr. Morales being appointed to her position. Curiosity flickers through his gaze as he looks at her anew, and then maybe at the eggs that they are transporting.

[break][break] His head tilts. "Maybe they wanted your professional opinion." 'Or maybe it's for experimentation,' but he keeps those thoughts to himself. The league, at least, shouldn't be privy to the more sinister side.

[attr="class","line"]

[newclass=".jayden1 a"]letter-spacing:1px; font-family:'Roboto';color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 b"]color:var(--accent)!important; font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 .line"]background-color:#232323;height:1px;margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 8:26:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Michail” she repeats, testing the name for herself. Unfortunately, she doesn’t recognize it, but it seems Jayden recognized her. In response, Eva looks back with a smile, “Just Eva is fine,” she’s never been one for formalities.

Eva’s forced to slow her pace to let the Magmortar keep up with them. Despite being rather short, her strides are quick. After a moment of consideration, she plays along with her partner, “Well, I can’t tell ‘em too much until it hatches,” partially true. She could glean a good bit of information from the eggs but pinpointing which pokemon would hatch was difficult. Breeders are good at it, but she’s no breeder.

“Perhaps ones a lucky egg – like a shiny or something. Not like . . . A lucky egg,” if that made sense.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 4:32:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
x
-
@
His head tilts curiously. "Do genetics not play a part?" Perhaps Dr. Morales was the type who believed in nurture over nature.

[break][break] "I don't know much about eggs," he confessed softly, pushing forward. "Father always had more experience in live subjects." At her words, he turns back towards her. Pausing.

[break][break] "A lucky egg? Are some eggs luckier than others?"

[break][break] As he said this, a wheel ran over some stray eggant berries, the blue color splattering against the pavement.

[break][break]

[attr="class","line"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 5:39:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

When the question is posed, Eva looks back for only a moment, focusing her attention on the eggs again, “Well, yeah, genetics play a part, but I don’t know much about them so . . .” she couldn’t tell you what the hatchling might be. However, she could probably make some educated guesses.

[break][break]

Eva slows down, falling in line with the Magmortar and the basket of eggs. She reaches a hand out, stroking the surface of one, “This one might be some sort of rock or ground type,” the surface is hard, rough, gritty almost. A small hand drifts over to another, and almost immediately pulls away from the heat, “Fire-type, for sure,” those were pretty easy to spot, “Make sure to keep that one close, ok?” she grins up at the Magmortar, knowing fire-type eggs requires more heat than others to hatch a healthy pokemon.

[break][break]

“Oh, you know, like the small one they eat that helps them learn things faster when training?” Lucky eggs? No? Perhaps that was a Kanto thing then.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 5:45:01 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
x
-
@
Ah. So perhaps not all Head Scientists were the same. He thinks briefly of .

[break][break] He glances towards her as she gestures to one pokemon in particular and finds himself mimicking her, fingers ghosting by. He had never quite considered the different textures of pokemon eggs — while he was fond of the live creatures, they'd only ever come his way after their conception. "I didn't realize pokemon eggs were so different," he admits.

[break][break] It's only after she explains it that he realizes. He remembers his father testing a fair few of them in the lab, back in the day. Though he was too young to have realized what the details were. "Do you... think the opposite is possible?" If pokemon could eat things that would help them grow, couldn't they eat something similar to stunt it?

[break][break]Not, of course, that he'd want to.

[attr="class","line"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 18:00:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva was trained in the basics of genetics, but she absolutely refers to as the expert of their collaborative field. One person couldn’t know everything, that’s why more brains are better than one!

[break][break]

“I’ve found that as they grow, they take on more qualities of what is going to hatch,” as the pokemon inside’s unique genetic code programs it to become what it will be, that is, in turn, reflect in the egg. The texture, color, heat (or chill) of the shell can change, “Cool, huh?” she smirked.

[break][break]

It takes her a moment to consider Jayden’s question, “Without proper nutrition you can stunt anything I guess,” she’s, of course, never tried to actively stunt a pokemon’s growth. She imagines it’s painful and uncomfortable, “There is one rare item that can somehow revert an evolved pokemon into its previous evolution. Very rare though, I’ve only seen it once,” The “Devolution Stone” is that they called it.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 23:21:58 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
x
-
@
"That is... cool."

[break][break] The word feels unnatural in his mouth; he's not used to using such identifiers to refer to anything, save for maybe his ghost-types. Still, he appreciates the words and finds it fitting for the situation. He never thought too much about eggs, so it was interesting to note how relevant their genetic code was... and how it could morph as they developed.

[break][break] "Hm."

[break][break] Pokemon were meant to be used for the glory of the organization, but even Team Rocket wouldn't find much use in a malnourished pokemon.

[break][break] "Do you mean Eviolites?" he asked. He remembered his mother having stolen one from one of her missions. Useless she had said, with a frown. Both of his parents had never really been the types to see much use in preventing a pokemon - or for that matter, a human - from reaching it's full potential.

[break][break]

[attr="class","line"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 21:52:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eviolites. Eva thinks on it for a moment before shaking her head, “Not quite, it’s different from those,” If she remembers correctly, those stunt evolution or something like that. Eva’s focus is obviously science, items used for increasing strength and such for battling were a little beyond her scope of expertise. A little quick research could freshen her up on such things but she only really did that when necessary. There’s enough crammed in her brain already.

[break][break]

“I don’t think I ever asked you what you do. Are you a trainer in the Hoenn League or . . .” something else. She didn’t peg him for the Ranger type but you never know. Hoenn was full of surprises.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 2:48:12 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
x
-
@
He blinks.

[break][break] "Oh, I'm a student. I'm doing a Master's at Slateport University, in Business Administration and Chemistry." If she looked up his name, it would only probably take a few minutes for her to discover his lineage, the fact that he was heir to Wyndon Cross Pharmacuticals. At the moment, the board of directions dictated most of the movement within the organization — but now that Jayden was on Hoenn, perhaps things would change.

[break][break] He looks a little sheepish, rubbing his neck. "I was actually out of the region for a bit — family issues." A pause. "It's nice to be back, though."

[break][break] Violet eyes train on his Noctowl, who flew forward to meet the rep at their destination. They were almost there, after all.

[break][break] Jayden stayed behind though, glancing back at . "I did fight in the Hoenn Star Tournament, after all." His mouth twists in a bemused smile. "I believe we played some frisbree together."

[break][break]

[attr="class","line"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 20:02:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Chemistry and business, “That’s an interesting combination,” she muses out loud. If she was more familiar with Jayden’s background, it would make more sense. She could only pinpoint one persons he knew that had such a combination of degrees. Business and veterinary medicine, her name was Lenora or something like that. Anyway, enough random musing for an endeavor.

[break][break]

“Well, welcome home then!” she cheerfully boasts with a bright smile and wave of her hand. The recognition comes slow to her. She’s met so many people and the Hoenn star Tournament was a blur. When he mentions the frisbee, it clicks immediately, “Oh yeah! That was really fun,” A different way to “battle”.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,147 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 5:57:19 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
x
-
@
"It's for my —" he starts, only pausing as he remembers Gavin's words. His father wasn't around anymore, no matter how much the ghost of Dmitri seemed to follow him wherever he went. "My job. I work for a pharmacutical company."

[break][break] That was putting it lightly, at least. Though, he was fairly sure the likes of someone as important as the League's head scientist might not care about trivial things like that.

[break][break] Home.

[break][break] He's not sure if he would call Hoenn home, but it certainly wasn't a stranger anymore.

[break][break] "It definitely was," he says, lips pressed together. "Were you able to tame any of the ultrabeasts?" After all, it wasn't exactly a secret that the winners of the tournament had gotten access to such powerful pokemon — though, he wasn't quite sure how far had gotten in the competition.

[attr="class","line"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 21:01:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Pharmaceuticals is something Eva can relate to. After all, being a veterinarian requires one to be familiar with drugs and their details. The combination made sense now. In addition to understanding what he sells, he also understands the business behind it. Eva’s brain didn’t quite work like that which is why she doesn’t run her own lab or clinic. She’d play “Eva’s Free Clinic” all too often to make any sort of profit.

[break][break]

“Taming” an Ultra Beast seemed so primal. There wasn’t an aspect of Acacia she felt she had to “tame”, “Uhh yeah! A Zarude. She’s great!” there’s little time to continue the story as they approach their destination and the recipient of their cargo, “Hi there!” Eva greets them with a smile. The proper papers are exchanged to ensure this isn’t some sort of ruse.

[break][break]

“Well, it was nice to meet you . . . again! Hope to see you around! Lemme know if you wanna play frisbee again, sometime.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+