thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 14:20:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"You were an asset without them," he points out, speaking of Jayden's family. Perhaps it was Gavin's poor relationship with his own parents that lends to such a cutting tone. He'd respected Jayden's father, but he'd also been afraid of the man. "If you're doing this only for the sake of carrying on their legacy, perhaps you ought to reconsider."

What might his own fate have been if he'd chased only the pursuits his family wanted? I never got that choice. They'd cast him out before he'd had his chance to prove his worth to the father whose approval he'd wanted more than anything.

Now, if he saw Thomas Quinn again, he thinks he'd rather kill him.

"They're not around anymore. It's time to think about what you want."

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,412 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 4:16:04 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] Of course, would be able to read his thoughts without him having to say it.

[break][break] His gaze turns to his mentor, something kind and compassionate in his gaze. Something that he wouldn't be able to put in words, even if he'd been able to say them outloud.

[break][break] "I suppose... I've never thought about it." Just like how he'd never thought about what it would be like to be without them, be without Gavin and Rocket. The months he had spent in Galar after his parents' funeral, lost and hopeless without direction. He would never forget them.

[break][break] But in a different way, Kanto had taught him a lot as well. How to stand up on his own, how to forge a path that was not simply following in the footsteps of others.

[break][break] How did he feel now that her parents were dead? Were they even dead?

[break][break] His fingers prickle, and he stares down at them. "... I have a confession."

[attr="class","ooc"] + mission: crystals in bloom

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#9279ff; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#7944eb;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 13:13:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Confession.

A dangerous word, in Rocket, especially when spoken to its underboss.

Yet Gavin trusts Jayden more than the average agent, and so he does not immediately jump to the worst conclusion. There is concern in his eyes and in the subtle frown that plays upon his lips, but no anger. Not yet, before hearing him out.

"Go on," he encourages.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,412 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 6:09:40 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] Confession.

[break][break] The moment he says it, he regrets it. It makes it sound more serious than it is.

[break][break] "Sorry - I didn't mean it like that." He takes a breath — he should just spit it out. It's not that serious. Even if it feels like it. His fingers curl against his chest briefly, as if he can feel the physical weight on his chest.

[break][break] "When I went to Kanto, my father wasn't there." He hadn't gone back to Kanto on purpose — it had been on assignment. He was sure Gavin knew that. But still... he could not help but wonder if that somehow, Dmitri had made it back to Kanto, unscathed. "I..."

[break][break] How was it possible that a man like Dmitri was dead? Something as simple like death... that could have never escaped him.

[break][break] Jayden looks up at Gavin then, something unreadable in his gaze. "My parents are dead."

[break][break] He swallows.

[break][break] "But their bodies were never found."

[break][break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#9279ff; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#7944eb;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 13:42:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin cants his head, brow furrowing. But he nods, waiting.

Well of course he wasn't, Gavin thinks, when Jayden mentions his father. He knew about their deaths, of course. They'd been a big deal in Rocket, and their passing had spread through the organization like a ripple across a pond.

He meets Jayden's eyes, his own gaze steady and calm.

Denial. It was one of the stages of grief.

"That could be for any number of reasons," he posits. "If your father wasn't in Kanto, shouldn't that tell you everything?" A pause, then, "Unless you suspect they've fled Rocket."

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,412 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 4:35:58 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] Gavin is being logical. Jayden knows it, he knows, and yet he cannot help the itching sensation he feels whenever he thinks about his father and what his "death" means.

[break][break] Why can't he accept it?

[break][break] "It's not that." The idea of either of his parents fleeing Rocket was laughable. They bled Rocket as much as he did, arguably even more so.

[break][break] "I just feel like..." He stares down at the crystallized flowers before them, shimmering beneath the afternoon sun. They glisten bright and clear, tempting to touch. "I can't believe it. Because I didn't see it with my own eyes, his death feels... unreal." He frowns.

[break][break] Dmitri seemed like something beyond death. Even if there was such a thing.

[break][break] He sighs, finally looking up at Gavin. "Sorry. I know I'm not making sense."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 22:32:57 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Denial, indeed.

It's hard for Gavin to relate, even though he tries. He'd be more than pleased to learn that his own parents were dead, bodies or otherwise. The thought of them boiled his blood. But Jayden's relationship with his father was...

It wasn't so different. He'd seen the things Dmitri had done.

"It's fine," he says, regardless. "But if they hadn't died, Jayden, they'd have come back to Rocket. You know that, don't you?"

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,412 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 4:17:58 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"] The truth sinks into Jayden like claws in his neck. is right — almost painfully so.

[break][break] Despite whatever reservations he felt, whatever doubts he had at his parents' missing corpses, he knew that - should they have had the means - they would've returned. Perhaps the same could've been said by any of their other losses, such as or .

[break][break] Blood ran deep — and Rocket loyalty even moreso.

[break][break] "You're right," he says, with a nod. He blinks, as if something just occurs to him. "By the way — I don't remember if I told you. I live in Sootopolis now — would you like to come by sometime?"

[break][break] Perhaps he could make him a tray of cookies, like he did last time.

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
après moi [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 3:00:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
They'll see more of each other, he thinks, living so close.

"Sure," he agrees, easily enough. "When we've both got the time."

That was hard for Gavin, these days; he'd all but insisted on taking up the slack in Chu-e's passing, and it was incredibly taxing on not only his mental health but his schedule as well. He felt he barely saw enough of his own fiancé.

They reach the opening in the Tree of Life, stepping out beneath its ever-reaching canopy into Sootopolis proper.

"Take care of yourself, Jayden. And think about what I said."

It's time to do what you want, and not follow your parents' legacy.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,836 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
après moi [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 0:24:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven