Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 18:02:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar

Ever Grande City.

Given her stake in the game, Penelope's had plenty of opportunities to awe and gape at the league's renowned headquarters. So, this time around, she was able to saunter into the building with an impassive expression that perfectly his the sheer GIDDY that was rising inside her.

"I'm here to see Kim-Cole-Essam," she politely informed the receptionist.

Yeah, that's right. Councilman Kim.

Somehow, Someway, she had convinced the others at HBS to grant her the privilege of interviewing the man. "C'mon Penny, you have other shit to do," They tried pleading with her. But no amount of persuasion could pry her claws outta this one.
"Ah, you're..."

"Penelope Livy with HBS." She was quick to fill the desk-ridden woman's questions. It was a bad habit that grew worse whenever she allowed herself to grow too excited by something, but at that moment, overcoming it was the last thing on her mind.

"There you are. Okay! Right this way, ma'am." The small receptionist popped up from her chair and gestured for the woman to follow her. Together, the two ventured deeper into the corporate cavern, passing doors upon doors full of the greatest minds the region had to offer. Eventually, they'd stop at one that held a golden plate that read off the name, "Kim-Cole-Essam"

Waving off the receptionist, Penelope took a moment to recompose herself before going any further. A meeting of this magnitude wasn't something she could casually peruse through. No, it needed a few seconds of preparation and a handful of mints first!
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 19:53:55 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Papers and files floated through the air, psychic forcing them to effortlessly pass over the eyes of Kim, his Gothorita, as well as his Kirlia, each taking in the information they presented as notes were compared through physical and electronic means.

Though the sound of fluttering, shifting, and sorting papers could easily be heard through the door, the pokemon as well as Kim himself were silent, mental messages passed between the three of them as they continued to stockpile information.

Time was lost here, while in this office, Kim had no time for relaxation- if he wanted that he would still be in Slateport- but here, no one would bother him, no one would interrupt him, he could work unimpeded, this was a place of zen, where his priorities lie with the information that can be garnered and where decisions could be made. This is the room where it happens.

But soon enough, the state of zen was interrupted, the Gothorita pausing her papers, filing them away as she sent a message to Kim.

She’s here.

With a sigh, papers quickly shift to their previously designated locations, the faces of laptops closing as they were set atop each other to the side of his desk.

Scooting forward, the Kirlia would retrieve a cup of hot water, setting a tea bag in it and placing it before Kim before TELEPORTing home. The Gothorita on the other hand, stood to the side of the desk, adjusting crooked pieces of furniture to their correct positions before Kim called out towards the door- a knock from Penelope unneeded to know that she was there.

Come in.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 5:22:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
Those two significant words were all she needed to hear.

Taking one last breath, the woman turned the nob and pushed open the door. Inside, the councilman's office was...alright. Typically, one's office state is the easiest way to discern the type of person they were. But, with his, Penelope saw nothing worth noting or examining further. The ONLY thing that even remotely spoke out to her was the stoic Gothorita that stood beside him, but even that was hard to assess properly.

Confidently, she strode through the office, taking her place along one of the spare seats set in front of his desk. "I'm Penelope Livy with HBS." She greeted, smiling. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, councilman."

It was a proper greeting, no doubt. But that's to be expected when you're sitting in of Hoenn's bright and smiling cover boy. The same cover boy who happened to be the league's longest-standing councilman.

"Oh, before anything else, do you mind if I voice record the actual interview itself? It'll only be for writing purposes-- I just don't want to miss anything."
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 0:37:46 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
The pleasure’s all mine.” He greets her warmly, the bright smile adorning his face all too familiar to those that had been on the receiving end of it. This simple gesture was essentially his staple after all.

And at the mention of recordings, he waved a hand as if brushing off the notion, leaning forward as an elbow seated itself onto the table, chin resting atop his hand.

As long as you don’t mind me doing the same.” His smile settled into a small simper, eyes moving to the Gothorita. “This is Belladonna, she’s sort of like my stenographer, keeps track of important meetings like this for posterity’s sake.

Upon her introduction, the Gothorita would give a curtsey, head bowing in unison before her eyes began to glow a faint lavender.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 5:49:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Of course, feel free."
[break][break]

There was no surprise there. Asking to record such a conversation was a natural reaction, especially among those within his field. Without a documented reference to what is said, it's hard to maintain consistency, after all.
[break][break]

When the gothorita comes into view, Penelope smiled and gave the pokemon a warm wave. She reminded her of her magnemite -- a useful pokemon of hers who often aids her with shooting B-Rolls and other mundane tasks.
[break][break]

Reaching into her pocket, the woman fished out a small gray tape recorder, which she gently laid on top of the tablespace in front of her. Then, with an excited glint clear in her eyes, she'd look back up at him and smile once again.
[break][break]

"If you're ready, we can begin."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 3:24:11 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
At the acceptance of his proposal, Kim would nod to the Gothorita- a slight shift surging through the room before it settles once more, the space aptly set for the Gothorita’s own documentation.

Once more he would nod, this time to Penelope as an affirmation that he was indeed ready to begin, speaking aloud as for the record to be placed.

While we are both familiar with eachothers line of work and we have both come to an agreement on this meeting, it would be a little out of character for me not to properly introduce myself.

Coming to a stand, he pulls the rolling chair in front of his desk before turning to her and offering a hand in greeting.

It’s a please to meet you, I am Councilman Kim Cole.

After his introduction and whether she had taken his hand or not, Kim would come to a sit, flattening out his dress shirt and crossing one leg over his knee, hands placed neatly in his lap.

So, what makes you so interested in lil’ ol’ me?

He tilts his head cutely, a slight smile forming on his lips.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 16:35:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Of course, she reached back out to shake his hand.
[break][break]

Penelope wasn't a monster.
[break][break]

When he set himself back down, she'd similarly flatten down her own shirt, the nerves of the interview playing at her cheeks. Sometimes, when faced with a particularly more cunning interviewee, the stress of maintaining that veil of professionalism came with a bit more difficulty. To shield one from noticing one's motives -- it was a hard endeavor, especially against the league's finest.
[break][break]

Still, she had to press on.
[break][break]

"HBS was interested if you're willing to speak on the current public opinion of the League. Tenson's are running high, and many don't think you're doing enough. "

[break][break]

Fast ball.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 21:47:55 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
His demeanor never shifts, remaining lax even as the fast ball was pitched at him. And in turn, he presented a mitt, revealing himself as the catcher, and not the hitter.

The public relies on the physical- as seeing is believing- but what takes place behind the scenes is far more important than what doesn’t, don’t you think? Lets take reporters for example: someone like yourself would infiltrate a criminal organization as some grunt in order to get the truth behind peoples suspicions but the public doesn’t see that. The public sees a story told in a news article, the truth revealed. They don’t ask how this information was garnered, they ask if it fits into their narrative.

Leaning back into the chair, he relaxes a bit more.

If we really weren’t doing enough, imagine the devastation that would occur if we did nothing at all… Though if bias remains true, those lines of “the league doesn’t do enough” do not change, they evolve to become more prominent. Malice breeds malice, after all.

Though to answer your question: We’re doing what we can, and catch the pieces that seep though our fingers when possible.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 13:26:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The ends of her lips quirked upward.
[break][break]
Quick on his feet, there was questioning his ability for conversation, which only made the challenge of holding her own all the more exciting. Maybe that's why he's held his title for so long.
[break][break]
"You're right-- without physical results, it's hard to shine a light on the merit of your hard work. "
[break][break]
A glint shone in her eyes, bright and fierce, signifying her choice to press further.
[break][break]
"Though, since Rocket's resurgence, Hoenn's had to withstand several attacks. Sootopolis' Take over being the most egregious example of that. The league is doing its best to combat what they can -- no doubt about that -- but that creates another question, councilman: is the league's best enough? What is going so wrong, that despite the effort you claim the league is putting in, the people are failing to see physical results. I see no malice in the people questioning that."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 1:26:45 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He shakes his head, switching the positioning of his legs, one crossing over the other.

No, I agree. If I were in their position without the knowledge of what is happening behind the curtain, I would be concerned as well. This Is my region just as much as it is theirs, after all...

He pauses, mulling over his words for a second before speaking.

In some areas there can be more that’s done. The league can be more harsh in putting its foot down and stamping out flames as they ember. But in the same case, out hands are tied.

Hoenn isn’t a region that’s armed to the teeth and ready to face any problem that’s thrown at it with extreme prejudice; We aren’t an outwardly militant people.

Leaving it at that, he takes his silence, forgoing words that would give a little too much leeway for further prodding.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 0:14:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Without breaking a sweat, the man managed to answer her questions without hesitation. It, again, was an impressive sight to see, but she expected no less from someone with a devilish tongue.
[break][break]
Militant...it was an interesting way of phrasing the situation. It gave them just enough leeway to escape questioning while protecting themselves from the criticism of improvement. 'We aren't kanto', she'd expect him to say, or rather, imply. Still, she accepts it for what it is and pressed further into the issue. If not for HBS, then for herself.
[break][break]
"While that's all well and good, councilman, it's been over a year now since the start of Rocket's appearances all over the region; even longer since the first major crisis. Which begs the question: when will the league be ready to deal with these pressing issues?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2022 2:01:25 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He opens his mouth, lips curling upwards into a wide smile- no sound escaping as he holds his position for a moment. In canceling his words, he closes his mouth, slightly licking his lips as he stifles a laugh with a slight giggle.

I- uh- I just had a whole monologue I was about to shoot out at you but I’m gonna spare you all that and give you the long and short of it.

With a slight shake of his head he holds his smile- speaking in a more relaxed tone.

Never.

He states plainly, expression turning to a calm neutral.

No one is ever ready to deal with a war being thrusted upon them, and with as much work that goes into maintaining normalcy to whatever degree we can, this task will never become an easy one...

It was the most straightforward answer he would give for this interview– decidedly so.

..But this does not mean we will settle into complacency. The league will remain as resilient and fierce as an Aggron.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 19:04:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A typical response befitting a councilman.

[break][break]
"Are there any concrete plans in place, though?" She cocked her head to the right, inquisitive. "We can't keep facing Rocket with just positive thoughts and hope, councilman."

[break][break]
There have to be actions in place. Concise, concrete plans that'll offer some semblance of trust between the government and its people. Because, right now, there was nothing.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 1:28:05 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He offers a knowing smile and a slight nod.

Of course there are plans in the work, we don’t sit on our hands and wait for the problem to be over with.

As I’m sure our adversaries know, we are planning to strike when we deem it appropriate. For now, we bolster our defenses and weed out trouble where we can.

It’s a brief explanation without much fat, but to say this was a meal would be a stretch. His explanation left most to the imagination as not to give away too much information to the public. To compare his explanation to a bone with sliver of meat would be more apt.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,698 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LIE TO ME (SOCIAL)
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 2:52:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It took every ounce of respect not to completely roll her eyes in response. Left with barebones and scraps, the hound in her howled for more.
[break][break]
"I see."
[break][break]
Recoiling back into her seat, Penelope took a second to reset, sure as hell her face was a breath away from twitching into a less than kind expression.
[break][break]
"Are there any action plans you can speak specifics on, then? Something to soothe the public in the mean time?"

[break][break]