Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
How to Make an Omelet [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 17:35:18 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar

Outside a Pokemon Center | Lilycove City, Hoenn | 12:03 PM

Rally carried an egg in a long, protective incubator. It really clashed with his stern, almost grumpy image. But if he successfully delivered this egg to a couple just outside of Fortree, then he'd make a decent amount of money. Money he seriously needed, because the zoo was in the red. 

Beside him was his Gastly, Nova. The Pokemon sat on his shoulder like a pirate's Chatot. Only this time, it was quietly snoring away. Seems as through the Pokemon genuinely fell asleep while sitting on its trainer. Rally was more surprised that a Gastly could even sit in the first place.

Now, where was the other employee? He was supposed to meet someone and walk with them to the couples' house. Guess he'd have to keep a lookout for someone carrying around an egg.

Part of Eggs in One Basket (EE)

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 19:15:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"And then he said 'I AM GOING TO ENJOY AN EGG'!" A young woman dressed up in a bright purple onesie came into view, presumably telling the tail end of a joke to the Dragonite that was walking alongside her, carrying an egg incubator between its clawed hands.

"Oh, hi! Didn't see you there!" The pajama-clad girl cheerfully waved at the raven-haired youth. "Looks like we'll have to deliver these eggs together. I'm Andrea, and this is my friend Huggles. Nice to meet you!" She introduced herself and her Dragonite, who smiled with its eyes closed and wiggled the antennas on top of its head.
close tab

played by

Gordy

Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 19:27:01 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar
Oh great, he was dealing with a freak.

"Rally."

Rally didn't bother to say much, shake her hand, or even ask a question about her... everything. She must have been a decent trainer, if she had a Dragonite, of all things. But he wasn't going to take some kid in her pajamas seriously.

His Gastly, however, woke up and greeted them with a smile. It floated up to the girl and her Dragonite, then motioned to give them each a lick across their faces. If they didn't want a friendly Lick, they'd better move out of the way real soon.

Rally looked toward the nearest way out of the city. "Let's get going."
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 19:49:27 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Most sane people would've been creeped out by the Lick, but on the contrary Andrea seemed ecstatic to have her face covered in sticky ectoplasm. "Why, hello there! Is this a Ghost's signature greeting? Lemme try it too! Aaaaahh..." She opened her mouth and drew her tongue out, trying to return the favor.

Considering that Gastly's body was literally made up of toxic gas capable of killing a Copperajah in seconds, licking one was probably a terrible idea. Luckily, the Dragonite was able to restrain his eccentric trainer before she could get any closer. "You're right, Huggles. It's wrong to lick someone without permission. We've gotta respect people's boundaries." The girl said, nodding to herself.

Her partner in this egg-related errand was all business, wanting to begin their journey as soon as possible. "Fine, you don't have to be so grumpy. What if we had Huggles deliver both eggs? He could fly to Fortree in no time!" The draconic cosplayer suggested.

close tab

played by

Gordy

Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 20:05:03 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar
Hmm. Was it a good idea to trust this strange woman's Pokemon with the delivery? On the one hand, it was Andrea's Pokemon. On the other hand, it just saved its trainer's life from licking up poison.

Rally nodded, then lifted the case up to the Pokemon. "Thanks. Be careful with it."

Of course, while Rally was curt, Nova was not. The Pokemon may have missed out on being licked, but it still hung around the girl. It floated around her head in a circle, almost baiting her to play with it. Andrea made a friend!

Rally started heading towards the exit. "If we hurry up, we can get there in thirty minutes."
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 20:28:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The pseudo-legendary Pokémon nodded, holding one incubator under each arm. Flapping his disproportionately small wings that somehow still granted him flight, he took off to the skies, while the most amazing track ever composed for children's television played in the background.

Andrea giggled at the Gastly that kept circling around her. "Teehee~ What a playful little guy!" Rally's estimation caused the girl to tilt her dragon-hooded head in confusion. "Thirty minutes? There's no way we can make it there that quickly unless we use a car. I don't have a driver's license yet. My driving instructor says I'm too volatile to be put behind a wheel. I wonder what he meant by that..." She casually mused. "Maybe YOU have a car! Your name is Rally, after all!"
close tab

played by

Gordy

Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 21:17:38 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar
Was there music playing in the background somewhere? Rally shock his head, letting the idea slip out of his brain in the process. He had to deal wit the girl her gross overestimation of distance. And her nonsense about drivers' licenses.

"We don't need a car, or a license."

As a matter of fact though, Rally did have some transportation. He lead her down the block, towards a a wall. There, parked against the side of a building, was a shining red motorcycle. He walked over, lifted it into a standing position, and picked up a red helmet that was left on the seat.

"Here," he said to her, tossing the helmet to Andrea. "Don't want you getting any brain damage. I don't think you could spare the brain cells."

You didn't need a license to ride a motorcycle, right?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 21:46:00 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Despite his name, Rally didn't drive a car, but rather a motorcycle. Andrea's ruby-colored eyes sparkled like actual rubies at the sight of the vehicle. "Oooh, nice ride!" She remarked, catching the helmet in the air. She promptly removed her googly-eyed hood, letting her orange hair swivel behind her like she was starring in a shampoo commercial or something.

Putting her helmet on, she mounted the bike after Rally, wrapping her arms around the latter's torso. She was getting a ride from a guy she'd just met. She really was living life on the edge! "Yo, Huggles! We'll catch up with you soon!" She hollered at the sky, where her Dragonite was barely visible. "Okay, let's go, Mr. Biker Man!" She then said with a bright smile.
close tab

played by

Gordy

Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 21:52:27 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar
She really didn't catch the insult, huh? Whatever, at least she was wearing a helmet. With the girl securely in place, Rally revved the engine. Smoke poured out from the exhaust, and it formed a small trail as they zoomed right out of town.

They were going really, really fast; about 70 miles per hour. The engine let out a loud groan as they roared down the street and down Route 21. Rally, being the skilled driver that he was, deftly swerved out of the way of an oncoming "SPEED LIMIT 25 SIGN," and put the pedal to the metal for more speed.

With how loud the engine was, he'd hopefully never have to listen to Andrea talk, even if she blathered on about... dinosaurs, or whatever made-up garbage furries talked about.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 22:24:58 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Indeed, the combination of the loud engine and the roaring wind drowned out the sound of Andrea's voice, so Rally wouldn't be able to hear her gush on about how much she loved Pokémon to the point of wanting to become one. He also wouldn't be able to hear her many embarrassing childhood stories, like how she'd once gotten food poisoning after eating a bunch of berries, or about that one time she'd walked in on her parents 'wrestling' on the bed while wearing Pokémon costumes. Her mom and dad later had to sit her down and explain to her that they hadn't actually been wrestling...

The lack of communication made for a rather boring trip (or a rather quiet one from Rally's own perspective). Assuming everything went according to plan, it shouldn't take much longer than his original estimation to reach their coveted destination.
close tab

played by

Gordy

Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 22:36:59 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar
"Assuming everything went according to plan" was like spitting on the face of gods; you can't just tempt fate like that and not get a reaction. Thank you, Andrea. You've cursed us all.

Somewhere in the middle of the wrestling story, as the duo rode up a long dirt hill, the sound of hissing could be heard. The motorcycle slowed down over the course of a few minutes, and the bike would lower.

"The hell?"

Rally was forced to hit the brakes halfway up the hill. He hopped off his bike and knelt in front of the front wheel. Just as he thought, it looked like a Maractus needle, or something similar, jammed itself right into the rubber. "Fuck, a flat. We're going to have to go on foot the rest of the way."

Wait a minute. They were on a hill, right? And Rally had forgotten to set the bike stand down. Meaning what the motorcycle was free to creak, whirr, and start rolling backwards down the hill.

Rally's eyes bulged as his bike wheeled itself down, gaining more and more speed as it moved. If the girl didn't get off, she would join the bike in rolling down at frightening speeds. It descent was only stopped when it reached the bottom of the hill, crashing itself into a tree.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 10:13:49 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Hey now, it wasn't Andrea that jinxed it, but the incredibly handsome man writing her! Nevertheless, their prospects of having an uneventful ride to Fortree went down the hill along with Rally's prized motorcycle. Andrea was able to jump off the bike, but landing without breaking every bone in her body was a different story. Thankfully, she had a plan. "Missy, heeeelp!" She cried, sending out her Kangaskhan in a pinch, who caught the flying girl.

Climbing up the muddy hill while bridal-carrying her trainer, the marsupial Pokémon quickly caught up with Rally and his fun-loving Ghost. "That was close, heheh..." The young PokéManiac remarked with an awkward laugh. Missy gently set her down, at which point the girl took off the helmet. "You really should drive more carefully, you know. Anyway, we should hurry up." She said, putting her hood back on and resuming her climb.
close tab

played by

Gordy

Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 14:16:46 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar
Rally turned up his nose at the girl's critiques. Well, she was right, but that wasn't the point. You don't criticize someone you barely know like tha- Oh, he was doing that earlier, wasn't he?

Well, still.

Nova, meanwhile, took a liking to Missy. The Gastly immediately flew towards her pouch to take a seating spot inside, right next to the baby Pokemon inside. Maybe he'd give it a lick while he was there, too.

Rally turned around and started power-walking up the hill. "Yeah, let's go. Sooner we do this, sooner we can go home."
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 20:11:03 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Missy allowed the Gastly to tuck itself into her pouch, which had enough room for the gaseous specter. However, should the Ghost type even think of messing with her baby in any way, they would get a taste of Missy's famous Ghost-affecting Dizzy Punch!

Meanwhile, Andrea followed Rally on foot, but her constant babbling was certainly more noticeable this time that there was no interference. "Aww, my Pokémon disguise got all dirty!" She whined, gesturing to the many muddy stains on her costume. "How long till we get there? I need to take a shower and wash my clothes. Do you think Fortree has indoor plumbing, or do they do their business out in the open? Maybe they turn the nasty stuff that comes out of their bodies into fertilizer later to help grow their plants and vegetables. You know, being self-sustainable and all that."
close tab

played by

Gordy

Rally
He/Him
July 13
Lentimas Town, Unova
Bisexual
Zookeeper
5 height
5 height
awards
69 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cipher
Rally Jackson
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 20:40:08 GMT
Rally Jackson Avatar
Nova did lick the baby. And yes, he did get a good smack across his head/body, instantly knocking out the Pokemon. Missy, collect 142 EXP and 30DP for your win.

As for Rally... No. He wasn't going to engage with the girl and her nonsense. Andrea was an adult, or at least old enough to know not to act like a child. Or her talk about people shitting outside, like some film about people in the middle ages. He was just going to keep walking, ignoring her all the while.

"Just take off your suit then," he told her. "You're like, what? Sixteen? Seventeen? You shouldn't be dressing like Tarney the Tyrantrum. It's weird."