awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Dragon-Training Crash Course [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 18:52:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Word on the street was that there was a Dragon-training seminar taking place in Lilycove City, being run by a very high-ranking officer within the League. A chance to meet a celebrity face-to-face and getting some spicy battling tips from them to boot? Andrea was there for it!

With Chomper in tow, who was now shiny (it's a long story involving the consumption of funny-looking berries), the draconic cosplayer arrived at the beach where the seminar was meant to take place. Big open spaces like this were ideal for training large and ferocious Pokémon, and none were more ferocious than Dragon types.

A lot of aspiring young trainers, cadets and rookie rangers had also gathered at the beach. Their faces and names were not that important. Yet, there was no sign of that so-called celebrity. Perhaps they were planning to show up fashionably late or make a dramatic entrance?
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 2:05:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

more so late than anything, matias eventually descends upon the beach, breaking through the clouds on the back of his screeching noivern before landing center stage.[break][break]

he could practically hear yelling (squealing) at him about time management.[break][break]

"my bad! better late than never, right?"[break][break]

they toss him a microphone which connects to a few speakers set up around the beach. matias takes a moment to glance out at the crowd before pointing at one person in particular.[break][break]

"you with the green zweilous! come on up here."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noivern"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noibat color-shiny"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 10:52:56 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Now THAT was a cool entrance! It rightfully elicited a round of applause from the crowd, Andrea clapping along with them. Flying on a Pokémon's back was one thing, but that Noivern looked like it flew faster than the speed of sound!

"Y-you want... me?" The dragon-hooded girl pointed at herself, sporting a befuddled look on her bespectacled face. The rest of the attendants glowered at her with envy, wondering why the League officer had picked some weirdo in a costume instead of them.

Andrea and Chomper walked up to Matias, whereupon the girl nervously smiled and rubbed the back of her head. "So, how can we help?" She asked.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 14:59:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

there could be a few reasons why matias ended up picking the weirdo in a costume — one of which being the fact that he doesn't actually think she's a weirdo. there's an innocence to her that reminds him of . of simpler times.[break][break]

when she approaches, matias walks up to her as well, lowering the microphone before leaning close to whisper a brief conversation.[break][break]

"hey! matias here. very nice to meet you. can your zweillous fight?"[break][break]

he skips straight to the point.[break][break]

"i need you to showcase its power. it'll be up against my noibat who'll be trying to avoid getting hit."

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noivern"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noibat color-shiny"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 20:26:50 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Nice to meet you, Mr. Matias, sir. My name's Andrea." The dragon-costumed girl replied, feeling a bit more relaxed after hearing what they'd have to do exactly. "Can Chomper fight? Of course he can!" She declared, her shiny Zweilous growling affirmatively.

Speaking of shinies, that Noibat seemed to also be sporting an unusual coloration. Chomper got into position, visibly antsy and raring to go. Andrea positioned herself behind him and gave the first order. "Outrage!" The two-headed dragon lunged at the small bat, his form enveloped in a powerful aura... emphasis on the 'power' part; His Hustle ability boosted his offensive prowess. His accuracy, however, left a lot to be desired, a flaw that could be exploited by his faster opponent.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 15:34:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"andrea! okay. good. now let's put on a show."[break][break]

the OUTRAGE kicks things off. his noibat squeaks in response as it flutters off to the side, dipping just enough to avoid being smacked by the overzealous zweilous. the crowd, not hard to please, cheers.[break][break]

"keep it up!"[break][break]

matias takes a step back, allowing them more space as his noivern starts circling around the zweilous. it waits for the next move.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 16:08:57 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Sure enough, Matias' Noibat was able to deftly avoid the first Outrage, but the two-headed dragon didn't let up. Locked into using the same move - either due to game mechanics or because of his own uncompromising nature - he went for a second Outrage, swiping the space around him in order to cover more ground this time.

"You heard him, Chomper, keep it up! I believe in you!" Andrea encouraged him, which was all she really could do until the Zweilous got tired of spamming the same move and she could direct him to try something new.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 10:23:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

the second OUTRAGE is to be expected. still, the power and speed of dragon-types prevail, showing through a brilliant display of blue and green as flames scorch the tip of noibat's wings.[break][break]

"wooooo!"[break][break]

not usually one to egg the crowd on, matias decides to this time if only for andrea's sake. the crowd cheers even louder at the sight of a little noibat on fire.[break][break]

the third OUTRAGE, however, is met with a DRAGON RUSH that plunges through the thick of the flames. noibat comes out on the other end no longer on fire.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 14:27:47 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Chomper was starting to feel light-headed on account of his constant Outraging, making him very vulnerable to his opponent's ensuing Dragon Rush. "Oh no, Chomper- That did a lot of damage!" Andrea cried out in bewilderment. Despite its unassuming size, that Noibat was a force to be reckoned with.

The rampaging Zweilous reeled back from the shock of the super effective attack, both of his heads growling angrily at his fellow Dragon type. He didn't go for another Outrage, instead turning his boiling rage into a stat boost through his Work Up move. Through his eye-obscuring bangs, he sized up his opponent, awaiting their next move.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 15:30:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oops! ree ree, careful!"[break][break]

technically, noibat is only meant to be evading. but dragon-types are often unpredictable, proud, even hostile. all of these features are being put on display right now for the crowd to see.[break][break]

noibat floats in for another DRAGON RUSH, though this one is weaker than the last. held back, perhaps, from orders from its trainer.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 9:49:41 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"She's gonna attack again! Chomper, dodge that!" Andrea cried out, warning her partner of the incoming second Dragon Rush. Thanks to her warning, the two-headed dragon did swerve slightly out of the Noibat's trajectory in the nick of time, evading the attack.

"Now's our chance! Ice Fang!" With his attack power boosted thanks to the Work Up, the Zweilous outstretched his two heads while the opponent was still within range, attempting to bite into his fellow Dragon type's body with jaws coated in ice.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 10:51:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

missing the DRAGON RUSH becomes more damaging than originally intended. it makes it so noibat isn't agile enough to dodge the ICE FANG that sinks into one of its wings, coating it in ice.[break][break]

the crowd gasps.[break][break]

and though noibat may fly away, it's not long before it's plummeting back down right into matias' arms.[break][break]

"i got you."[break][break]

the crowd cheers.[break][break]

and with that, the battle is seemingly over.[break][break]

matias takes a step towards andrea, smiling as he whispers:[break][break]

"great job! really impressive. are you free to have a quick chat after the seminar is over?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 11:11:54 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The crowd cheered for the upset victory, and so did Andrea, running up to Chomper and embracing him fondly. "That was awesome! YOU're awesome! I love you, Chomper!" She showered the Zweilous with praise and affection, petting one of his heads, while the other head butted in, vying for her affection as well. "Oh, hush! You know I meant both of you!"

The draconic cosplayer gave Matias a quizzical look when the latter asked her if she had time for a private chat. The League officer seemed to have taken an interest in her from the beginning, but for what purpose? "Sure, we don't have anything else to do. What do you wanna chat about?" The girl asked in turn, finally letting go of Chomper.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 3:30:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"just about you. no pressure. i'll find you after this is over."[break][break]

offering her a parting smile, he steps away, turning back to the crowd before giving one final gesture to the draconic cosplayer. after the cheer of the crowd, matias continues with the rest of his seminar on dragon-types, their explosive personalities, and how best to utilize them.[break][break]

that lasts about an hour.[break][break]

after, he finds her once again.[break][break]

"so! thanks for staying behind. i wanted to find out a bit more about you."

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 10:42:20 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea had been waiting at the beach bar, her hood lowered down, revealing her bright orange hair. She was sipping a glass of Lemonade, while Chomper's heads shared a single bottle of Soda Pop with two straws in it. Upon noticing Matias from a distance, the girl motioned for him to sit next to her.

"Well, my name is Andrea Vaneau, I'm eighteen years old, and I live in Fallarbor Town." The young PokéManiac answered the man's question, finishing the rest of her drink. Chomper also slurped the rest of his fizzy beverage, his two heads letting out a synchronized burp afterwards.

Thinking that somehow the League officer would require more than just the bare basics, the dragon-costumed woman decided to share a bit more. "I'm single, my birthday is in August 10, my sign is the Lion, and my cup size is F." Totally appropriate information to share that definitely wouldn't be taken the wrong way.